A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Double "A"

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Double "A"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Double "A"

Post by Morgan Landry 1/26/2015, 10:17 am

"How could the Hunt ever get boring? You're living a new adventure each day. We Hunters don't hide behind magical protections and Golden Fleeces, we're out there, Quests and combat missions are our everyday routine. We run across the States, sleep on mountaintops, swim in whitewater, climb up the steepest cliffs.... How could that ever be boring?"

She took a bite of her Sicilian pizza, tasting the onions, tomato sauce and runny, salty cheese. It was delicious, as if she could taste the hot air of Italy, capture the scent of olive trees and cypresses in one bite.

"Have you ever thought of joining?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/26/2015, 10:29 am

Aria nodded, swallowing down a bite of food. "A few times. I looked at the brochure, managed to talk to a few Hunters while they visited Camp Half-Blood. Seems like every time I feel like pledging, something comes up at Camp Half-Blood and I end up staying."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/26/2015, 12:13 pm

Aria nodded, chewing on her pizza. "Joining can be a tough choice. You just have to know if it's the right one for you. Some of our Hunters end up.. leaving. I take it you know Virgo?"

Virgo Lovelace, a girl Aria would gut without second thoughts or any type of conscience problems. She had been a Hunter for a century but she had left three years ago and got back to Camp Half-Blood. Apparently she was flirting with boys now. It made Aria nauseous how easily she could just toss her vows away, as if a bunch of males were better than the goddess Artemis.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/26/2015, 12:36 pm

Aria nodded. "I've seen her around, although we've never actually had a conversation." Aria thought for a moment.

"Why would some of the Hunters leave?" Aria took another bite of her pizza to avoid spewing out any other stupid questions. What she just asked may be a dangerous thing to have blurted out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/27/2015, 2:36 pm

"Not many do. Their reasons are most of the time romantic love... what else could it be anyway." Aria made a disgusted expression. "Aphrodite has a way of messing with us Hunters; she can't stand that we refuse what she stands for. That's why we usually don't get along with the her children at Camp Half-Blood. She even cursed some of us."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/27/2015, 2:39 pm

Aria's eyes widened. "Wow... That's interesting. Why would she curse you. I know you have to pledge not to take the company of men, but just why? That seems like a very mean thing to do."

Then again, who would not curse someone with as power as a god had?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/27/2015, 3:43 pm

Aria took a few gulps from her sparkling lemonade.

"Have you ever heard of Polyphonte?" she asked.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/30/2015, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/30/2015, 10:34 am

Aria had finished her second slice of pizza, the crust still on the plate. She couldn't stand the crust.

"Yes. The mother of the Bear-twins. Correct?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/30/2015, 11:08 am

OOC: Haha I can't stand the crust either xD

BIC: "Yes. See, Aphrodite walked up to her and said, You have to marry someone. Polyphonte didn't want to though, so she joined the Hunt. Artemis took her in and she became one of her best and most loyal servants. But you know what Aphrodite's like, she can't accept defeat so she made her fall in love with a bear. And she got pregnant." Aria put down her pizza to sip her lemonade before looking back at the other Aria with her piercing blue eyes. "That's why I don't like Aphrodite that much. None of us Hunters really do."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/30/2015, 11:30 am

OOC: xD I don't eat it to often. Maybe every once in a while.... with sauce or something.

BIC: Aria nodded. She herself, did not really like Aphrodite. Sure she was love and beauty in one, but the girls like that... Aria just couldn't simply stand. They always thought that they could do anything and get anything just because they had their looks.
    "I hate that story. Gods have power to do things like that, but shouldn't abuse it. Polyphonte made her choice, she had that choice to abstain from having a family."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/30/2015, 11:54 am

"Gods sometimes toy with mortals," she said in a held back tone. It was the best she could say without being downright offensive towards the gods. They played with them and treated them like pieces on a board game, using them to get back at each other like Athena with her champion Odysseus and Hera with Jason. Engaging on a less risky paths, she said: "People often get the wrong impression of us Hunters. We're not some loveless emotional ice creatures, we do love... just not romantically. My love and respect for the lady Artemis, my sisterly love for my fellow Hunters and my love for what I do are far more fulfilling than the romantic love I could get from another person."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/30/2015, 12:38 pm

Aria could, but couldn't see it. It was far fetched. She had had her fair share of boys, but couldn't see that kind of love or liking applied to a god or fellow Hunter."It makes sense. You pledge to have no love for a man, just like Artemis did. I always thought of the pledge as a way to create a closer bond with Artemis and her Hunters. Then again... I'm not a Huntress." Aria giggled a little.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/30/2015, 1:12 pm

Aria finished her pizza. "I suggest you think about it. It's really worth it."

Putting ten dollars on the table, she stood up and smiled at the daughter of Athena. "I have to go now, it's a long way to Florida. If you change your mind about the Hunt or if you ever need my help, give me a call," she said and handed her her silver Huntress card, which included an Iris-Message coupon. "It was a pleasure to get to know you, Aria." And she was off, disappearing in a blur with Nymeria.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/30/2015, 1:18 pm

"It was a pleasure getting to know you to Aria..." It was to late. After she got done putting the card in her pocket, Aria was already gone. She walked outside, Ginger waiting patienctly , wagging her tail. Aria threw her a slice of left over pizza. "Well, that was fun," she mumbled. "Come on Ginger!" She walked, Ginger by her side, back to camp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 5:59 pm