A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private] Empty i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private]

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 5:55 pm

It was relatively dark outside -- dinner had ended about an hour and a half ago, and most of Kendall's siblings were back at the cabin, probably being idiots again. She let out a chuckle to herself as she flicked her wrist, sending a seashell flying into the dark waters far off from her.

Her shoes lay a few feet away; clad in shorts, her orange camp t-shirt, and a gray jacket, she didn't feel cold at all. Camp was almost never cold, even if she were about six feet from the waterline right now.

A bunch of rocks and seashells she had collected lay by her feet, taken from the forest and the paths to the beach on her way to let off a little steam. Running was out of the question at night, and so was, for that matter, training at the sword-fighting arena; Kendall was not in the mood to light up some torches just to see where she was hitting. With rock-throwing, she didn't need to worry about someone getting in her way: most of her rocks and seashells were really too small to hurt them (and the nymphs were sleeping, probably in a cave somewhere). With a sword, that didn't matter at all.

Leaning down, the daughter of Ares picked up a rock and flicked her wrist again; the rock flew but sank almost immediately.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private] Empty Re: i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 6:02 pm

Ana was having a restless night. The nightmare about her father kept reappearing and she couldn't risk crying about it in front of her siblings, she was almost for certain they hated her. The small girl walked along the sands of the beach until she spotted someone throwing things into the waters. Having nothing else to do, Ana walked over to her and pushed some hair behind her ears. She left her claws at the cabin and it felt good to not have to worry about hurting others.Hey, Uh. Can i sit with you? She asked in her soft voice.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private] Empty Re: i'm throwing stuff -- at night [private]

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 6:27 pm

Kendall turned her head slightly to look at the younger girl, frowning in the dark -- she looked vaguely familiar, at least, so no danger of dying there. But she was out at night alone, which sort of raised an alarm bell in her head but not really; the girl didn't look to be very big or strong to the daughter of Ares. "Er, yeah, sure. You okay, kiddo?"

She had picked up another rock, about the size of a small marble in her hand but not quite as smooth -- perfect to throw and not kill someone with. Ha. Rolling it around in her hand for a second, she pitched it into the water baseball-style and heard the satisfying small plip sound it made as it landed in the seawater.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 6:31 pm

Ana sat in the sand and pulled her knees to her chest, resting her chin there.I guess so. The little girl said as she watched the girl throw more rocks and such. It was nice out but it was probably a dumb idea to walk around camp with no weapon. What did she expect tho? Camp was scary and all her siblings seemed to want to do was humiliate her and make her feel worthless, just like her dad did.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 6:59 pm

Kendall took another look at her as she leaned down to pick up a seashell. It was half-broken, probably a clam shell or something a nymph had discarded -- they did seem to like making necklaces out of them. Or eating them. Maybe they didn't like to eat their sea-friends.

She didn't really know how to read people, but even she knew this girl was having... emotional issues. So that was something she might have to deal with. Not a very good thing -- Ares kids weren't known for being good at emotional therapists. More like physical.

"You sure? You look sorta down."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 7:03 pm

Ana stared out over the water.I'm supposed to try and be like and Ares kid. They don't seem to show emotion other than anger. I don't want to be angry though. When that happens people get hurt. the girl said as a tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped it away. Crying was weak, or so the Ares kids thought, and she didn't want to seem weak. Ana wanted to seem strong and powerful but kind as well.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 7:12 pm

Kendall stared at her for a second before kneeling down beside her, staring intently at her face. So that's why she was so familiar: she was one of her half-sisters. She scoffed slightly and finally just sat down, feeling the sand on her thighs and -- ugh. That would be a hassle to wash off.

"Kid, you don't need to be like that at all. Just 'cause you're an Ares kid doesn't mean you have to punch everything -- I'm an Ares kid too, and I don't. Just stand your ground with those jerks and they'll respect you for it. S'what I did."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 7:17 pm

But you're like 17. Im 10! None of my other siblings are gonna like me. Im glad you seem to. I just want to have a good home after leaving my step father. I just want a family. Ana said as more tears rolled don her cheeks. Camp was nothing like what she thought. All she wanted was to fit in and yet she just got tormented by her siblings.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 7:44 pm

Oh Zeus, was she crying? That was bad. Very bad. She wasn't good at comforting people when they were crying -- Ares kids, apparently, only broke things when they were really angry or sad.

Rubbing her hands together to keep them from getting too cold, Ken looked at her younger sister and shrugged. "Just 'cause you're ten doesn't mean you can't do anything. I'll help you, if you want -- they're all idiots in there, I'm sure if one of the older kids stands up for you they won't bother you."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 8:43 pm

Anamaria wiped her tears away and looked at her older sister.W..would you really do that for me? I know I'm not really family but I want to try and be a good sister. She said as she fiddled with a piece of her blonde hair. Ana didn't want to be a bother, it just happened sometimes.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/27/2015, 8:45 pm

"'course I would," she replied simply, settling back to lay down in the sand. It was cold there, too, and sand was probably all over her back and stuff -- but who cares? Kendall had to get her laundry done again tomorrow anyway. "If you're an Ares kid, you're part of the family. And granted not everyone will be nice to you, but yeah -- I'll make them be nice to you."

By smashing their heads together if needed. Kendall wasn't entirely averse to the idea of violence to get them to leave her alone.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/27/2015, 8:52 pm

Ana perked up immensely when her older sister said she would help her.Wait here, I wanna do something. The small girl got up and ran back to her cabin, grabbed her violin, and ran straight back. She smiled and sat down in the sand, bringing the violin to her shoulder and resting her chin on the small pad. In a few strokes of her bow Ana began to play a calm yet happy song, reminding one of an ocean or freedom. She closed her eyes and played for her sister, every note hitting right on cue.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 3:24 pm

Well. That was certainly weird.

Ken didn't really mind the music, but she wasn't really a fan of the... genre. Was this classical or some instrumental? She had no idea, she definitely did not have a musical bone in her body. But the daughter of Ares listened and nodded as her sister played, not wanting to be rude -- if she liked playing the violin, who was she to crush her hopes and dreams?

As far as Ken could tell, her sister was pretty good at this. Smiling faintly, she reached out to pick up a rock and rolled it around on her palm, picking pieces of dirt off it with her nail. "You're pretty good there, kiddo. You been playing for a while?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/28/2015, 3:59 pm

Ana nodded and smile as her song finished and she set her violin in her lap.Ive been playing for five years, almost six. She beams at her older sister. I got an electric violin too, but I don't play it that often.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 4:08 pm

"Electric violins exist?" Of course. No musicality in her whatsoever. Ken could only barely name a few brass and string instruments and classed all drums as "those drums" even though she had a vague notion that they all had different names. She was an Ares kid, not a Muse or Apollo one -- nobody would expect her to know much about instruments. "Goddamn. Are those new or have they been around since, like, the electric guitar?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/28/2015, 4:11 pm

Ana giggled.Not that long, but I think it was close to then. I can teach you if you want to learn, it sounds really pretty.She said gesturing to her classic violin.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 4:14 pm

Kendall laughed and shook her head, letting the rock in her palm roll back down into the sand. "No thanks, I'd probably get the Apollo kids all ruled up. They're freaks about this stuff or somethin'. It's pretty but not my type of thing."

It wasn't like she looked down on people who played instruments -- it took time and skill and she respected that. It was just that she couldn't and wouldn't play because she couldn't concentrate on the stuff, because of her ADHD and all. Kudos to her sister for getting past that.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/28/2015, 7:50 pm

Ana nodded.It took a while because I couldn't focus and I was so young that having ADHD at 5 was difficult. I'm glad I did get over it though, sorta. I don't know where I would be without my music. The little daughter of Ares said returning the violin to her chin and starting a more Celtic song. It reminded her of the Hobbit and the music that would play or a sad song that was still beautiful to the ears and yet caused emotions to stur.

OOC: IT's just the first song
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 7:57 pm

"Therapeutic, yeah? Sounds great...." And then she trailed off -- because she didn't know her sister's name. What an awkward situation that was, definitely needed to be remedied as soon as possible. Ken lifted her head slightly to readjust her hair and wipe a bit of sand off the back of her head before laying back down, the sand molding itself to the shape of the back of her head. "Er, yeah. Say, what's your name? You've been pouring your heart out t'me and I don't even know that little thing -- mine's Kendall, by the way."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/28/2015, 8:24 pm

Ana smiled as she played,Anamaria. You can call me Ana if you wish. She said without missing a note. She had been playing for so long that she started to get lost into the music, fluttering her eyes closed and completely immersing herself in the next song. This was one of those things Ana could do four hours and never get tired of.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 9:34 pm

Well, this song seemed vaguely familiar -- was it... Keri Hilson? Rihanna? Maybe Beyonce. Ken was used to heavy metal or some form of dubstep blaring while she was training or trying to get to sleep in the cabin; Ares kids were so stereotypically obnoxious. She rarely heard anything besides those unless she walked by another cabin with its door open or the Music Room or amphitheater when performances were going on.

It was nice, nevertheless. The sound of the waves made for nice background noise. Not wanting to interrupt Ana, she picked up another small rock from her pile and tossed it up and down in her hand.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/29/2015, 3:16 pm

Ana lost herself in the tune. Before she knew it she started to hum and the sing along to Halo by Beyonce, her melodic voice caring over the water. Ana felt happy again, like she did when she used to play under the old willow by her house. As the song came to a close she opened her eyes and blushed, taking her violin off her shoulder.Sorry. I forget I do that at times. The petite girl said with a slight blush.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/29/2015, 7:58 pm

"Oh, no, it's fine. You're pretty damned good -- but what do I know? Nothin' at all." Ken blew a strand of hair out of her face and lightly tossed the rock back into the pile, hitting a seashell and sort of cracking it further. She'd need to avoid that one, get rid of it when she wasn't being lazy and actually got up; a cut to the palm might ruin her chances of bashing her siblings' heads in successfully. Her fists would suffice well, but the daughter of Ares disliked the fleeting pain whenever she'd stretch her fingers or clench her fist because of a cut there.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 2/2/2015, 10:37 pm

What are you doing?The small girl said moving next to the pile. At the base was a half of an oyster shell and the concave part was brilliantly colored, like that of a gem. Pretty. Can I have this one?Ana asked as she watched it shine in the moonlight, almost transfixed by the object she found to be so beautiful.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/3/2015, 2:57 pm

Kendall looked at it for a second, then shrugged and waved her hand at Ana. "Oh yeah, sure, take it. It would just go back into the ocean anyway, with the nymphs and all."

She had a decent relationship with the nymphs: they didn't bother her because she didn't litter and kept a respectful distance from them whenever they were around. That was, to them, a very good thing and a sign of friendship in a way -- too many campers dirtying up the place and all the world's pollution, she supposed, had made them lower their standards substantially.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 11:54 am