A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Romans Uniteeeee (Private)

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Romans Uniteeeee (Private)  Empty Romans Uniteeeee (Private)

Post by Mason 2/17/2015, 10:57 am

Cody was in the forum, going to the different shops and such. He loved to go here on the weekends, when it was busy and full of life. Although, it was almost always busy and full of life. He sat on one of the nearby benches, looking around for somewhere to eat. He saw a pizza place and went into it. The floors were made of wood, and it smelled like what he'd imagine Italy smelled like. There were marble tables nearby where a lot of people were eating. He assumed that's where the customers sat. He went over to the front desk, getting out some money out of his pocket.

"I'll take a small pizza and uhm, do you sell coffee?" he eyed the menus, above him, and saw they did. "A small latte, please." He handed them the money and went to a table to sit. He straightened out his red shirt a little.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Romans Uniteeeee (Private)  Empty Re: Romans Uniteeeee (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 11:21 am

Like every week-end ever since she had arrived here, Spencer went bustling through the Forum. It was pretty much the center of Roman life: people met up, bought stuff, walked their dog, ate lunch with their families or even had romantic rendez-vous. Spencer wished she could have lunch with her father right now, but he had visited only once since she had been accepted into the Legion. Well, accepted as potential recruit, as the weight of the probatio tablet around her neck continuously reminded her of. She'd be a full-fledged legionnaire in ten months, granted she hadn't done an act of valor before that. (Because yes, fighting off harpies and centaurs wasn't an act of valor. Dicing up an Earthborn single-handedly wasn't an act of valor. Oh well, she guessed the Legion was picky.)
    But hey, at least she was in the glorious First Cohort.
    Wearing a comfortable yellow shirt covering half her glossy dark shoulders with a pair of white shorts, the daughter of Fortuna was walking through the Forum looking for something to ea-- pizza!
    Yes, pizza didn't normally show on her father and her's athlete diets but hey, it was cool once in a while. Not to mention these pizzas here smelled fantastic.

"A pizza ruccola please," she told the woman as soon as the boy in front of her got his latte. "And a lemon soda?"

Drinks and pizza in her hand, she scanned the perimeter to find a free bench or a free table.... But it was lunch time and pretty much everywhere was full. Mom, a bit of luck? Suddenly she spotted a table with three free seats and immediately went to sat down. "You mind if I take a chair?" she asked, then recognized the guy. Hipster, wheat and crossed torches tattoo."You're Cody, right? I'm sorry, there are like, two hundred new faces for me and I'm still trying to remember them all."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/23/2015, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 12:10 pm

Any break from, you know who, is wroth taking. Today had been a pretty good day. No problems or issues had reared their heads and the birds seemed to be happy. Gunther-Klaus walked throughout the forum of Rome, greeting his friends whenever he saw them and stopping at the local pet shop to see the little kittens and puppies in the window. Now it was around lunch time and the son of Veritas was getting hungry and it seemed as if the Italian dish, pizza, was calling his name.

Gunther walked into the pizza parlor and ordered a simple thin crust, cheese pizza, fired onions, and 12 ounce bottled water. After paying for it, the Roman demigod turned around to see Cody, a son of Ceres, talking to...Spencer? Yeah that was her name. Taking in a deep breath, Gunther walked over to them with a small grin on his face. "Well, it's nice seeing you two here." Sense Gunther was a son of Truth, he couldn't tell a lie so this really meant that it was good seeing them there.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/17/2015, 12:57 pm

Cody first saw the girl, who's name he couldn't quite remember. He was pretty sure she was apart of the firs cohort, and that was it. "Yeah, I'm Cody. Son of Ceres. And yeah, sure, take a seat." He got his stuff and went to take a bit of pizza, when another boy came in. He knew him better than the girl sitting with him right now, it was Gunther-Claws, or something along those lines. He was pretty sure that Gunther was in the third cohort. "Nice seeing you too, I guess, Gunther."

He took a sip of his latte, and decided to start a conversation but this became awkward. "So, so, how about...the War Games yesterday?" he asked. He ate another slice of pizza, now on his second. "It was personally great for me. I got a couple nice one-on-ones there." Cody then was pretty sure he knew who the girl was; Spencer. She was newer to camp, to where Cody had been at camp for like two years. He took a sip of his latte, eyeing down his slice of pizza. He finished it off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 1:23 pm

Spencer took a bit of her pizza and closed her eyes -- mmmmh, the hot crust, runny cheese, salty parma ham and fresh ruccola salad crunched under her teeth in a perfect combination of aromas. This may not be too good for her metabolism but this pizza here wasn't like the deep frozen stercus you got in the mortal world; this here was hand-made with fresh ingredients.
    Another guy came by, Günther-something from the Third. "Hey, man!" she smiled. "Oh dude I'm maybe a bit rude. Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Spencer, one of the probatios. Please don't hit the newb." She grinned at them and bit into her pizza again before suddenly swallowing. "Mmh, war games are the bae! But my muscles are still sore from the armor."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/18/2015, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 3:16 pm

Günther took his seat, sitting on either side of Spencer and Cody. The seat was rather comfortable which gave him a small smile. After scooting his seat up to the table, the demigod looked over at Spencer who had greeted him. "Ah, yes, nice to officially meet you as well, Spencer." He smiled warmly at her before taking one of his fried onion rings. Taking a bite out of it, he could feel the grease that was fried in flow into his mouth. The taste was wonderful!

"The War Games were okay, I guess. Although I do enjoy swing my IG mace at other campers." Günther admitted with a slight chuckle, hoping it didn't sound to cray cray.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/17/2015, 4:39 pm

"It's cool, nice to meet you, Spencer. We won't hit you," he joked, then heard her call the war games the bae. Who thinks the war games are bae? I mean, sure, they're pretty cool, but chillaxing with friends was quote "bae," not fighting the war games. Oh well, though, Cody wasn't going to judge. "Yeah, my arms are a little sore, too," he admitted. The armor was pretty heavy, along with the weapons they had to wield. He took a bite of his pizza, before looking at Gunther. He chuckled a little at the comment like he liked swinging his Imperial Gold mace at people. Cody admitted, swinging his sword at some people felt good. A lot of people he felt bad for, but there was those select few. He took a sip of his hot and delicious latte, before eating more pizza.

"So, Gunther, you're the son of Veritas, right? The truth goddess? What type of powers do you have? And same to you, Spencer, what type of powers do you have as a..wait, who's your god parent?" he chuckled a little at the awkwardness.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 5:00 pm

Spencer swallowed her pizza bite. "Fortuna. But I'm also a legacy of Victoria."

She felt good saying that, feeling the knowledge of her being three quarters god, only one quarter human whereas most people here were half gods or quarter gods. It felt powerful.
    Taking a gulp from her lemon soda, she looked at the two other demigods, following their conversation intensely. She was always fascinated by other people's powers, everything was so unique... She felt part of something that was bigger than her and much more powerful but still she could play a significant role.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 5:22 pm

Gunther looked at Cody, nodding as he wiped the grease from his mouth before answering him. "Well, they aren't that spectacular, but I can tell when someone is lying." He took a bite out of his pizza, looking the taste out it. After swallowing, the Roman continued, "I can also make someone tell the truth."Gunther didn't tell him about his over passive power of not being able to tell a lie. Some people would use that to their advantage over him and manipulate it. Few people really knew about that one like Leandra, Tiberia, Andrew, and a handful of cohort mates.

He then turned his attention to Spencer who was explaining her parents to them. "That's quiet a mix you have there, Spencer. I'm sure you're good at a great number of things."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/17/2015, 5:39 pm

Cody grinned at Spencer's declare that she was a legacy and a demigod. "Nice. So, that makes you like three-fourths goddess?" He wondered if that made her any stronger than himself or Gunther. They were only half god, after all. Spencer might've had some serious power within her. He finished up his third piece of pizza, completely stuffed, with five pieces still left. He took another drink of latte, before it was empty. He threw it away, and closed his pizza box. He'd take it back to his cohort, and heat it up maybe. During weekdays he was very busy, but on the weekends, this place might've been his new favorite hangout.

Cody then heard Gunther's powers. "That's cool. I can do a few different things, like make what I call a 'torch,' but it's just a ball of light, and I can grow crops and I have this identifying ability type thing that's pretty cool, too."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 2/17/2015, 5:49 pm

Romulus Emanuel Mercury. Optio of the First Cohort had a day off. Usually the Legion didn’t give anyone the day off after a War Game as it was used to strategize, train, and help out the cohorts in any way possible to better prepare them for the next War Game. Today however was different, after 1st and 3rd Cohorts devastating victory over the 2nd, 4th, and 5th cohorts everyone was given the day off to relax. Which simply proved that anything could happen, because not only did they get the day off but first and third worked together in a war game and that usually never happened as well. Empty handed, as weapons were not allowed in the forum, the son of Quirinus walked into one of his favorite pizza places in New Rome.

Upon entering he waited in line then ordered his usual, a personal pizza with Peperoni, Canadian bacon, Sausage, and pineapple. Tiberia thought he was crazy for getting a meat lovers pizza, practically, with pineapple on it but it was his way of fooling himself into believing it was even remotely good for him. Along with the pizza the Optio ordered a water and when the food was ready he thanked the person, paid and then tipped. With the food in hand he turned and went to find a seat, however as it was lunch time the place was packed and the only open seat was at a table with three other people. All of which he slightly recognized because they were in the legion but Spencer he certainly recognized.

All good leaders recognized those they lead and Spencer was one of the newer probatios in his cohort. Walking up to the table he nodded to her “Is this seat taken or could I perhaps join the three of you?” Eyes scanning over each one of them, identifying them and their faces forever becoming etched into his mind. Or if he had already seen them before raking his brain to put names with faces, it wasn’t until he started to identify each of the boy’s powers with their faces as well that he came up with names too. Cody Teing son of Ceres from Second and Gunter Klaus son of Veritas from Third. Tiberia talked of him sometimes, it seemed the boy was well deserving of respect.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 7:05 pm

Spencer looked up at the guy and-- oh sht. Romulus Mercury, the second-in-command of Michael Kahale, her Cohort's centurion. Like Michael, he had this aura of authority around him that made her immediately straighten up, like when a strict teacher walks past you in class.

"Nope, not taken," she said, scooting to the side with her chair to make room for him.

Spencer had quickly understood that the teens here weren't normal teens; not just because of the obvious fact they were half gods but because of the way they acted, the way they behaved. They'd make a lot of her classmates in Albuquerque look like babbling five years old. They had this whole wolf-like demeanor which inspired respect and discipline, and it took some time getting used to. Plus, they here had a hierarchy.

"Kind of," she told Cody. "My father's the son of Victoria so I guess I'm only quarter human." She had listened to Günther talk about his powers and gave an appreciative nod. "That's actually pretty sick," she commented. "The ability to know who's lying and who's not. You'd make one hell of a detective! --Or an attorney," she chuckled, taking another bite of her pizza, her black skin glossy in the hot sunlight.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/23/2015, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 7:45 pm

Günther nodded and smiled at Cody. "That's pretty helpful, Cody. What are the things have you grown? Wheat? Rice?" The Keeper of Truth asked before noticing the Opito of the First Cohort, Romulus Mercury. A smile stretched across his face, standing out of repesect (and no he wasn't kissing a$$). "Please take a seat, Romulus, son of Quirinus. It'll be honor, for all of us." He explained before sitting back down in his seat.

He took another bite out of his cheese pizza, wiping his mouth and swallowing. "It has it back falls though. Like I can't tell a lie, even if I wanted to." He shrugged his shoulders and looked at the three of them. "And that's actually what I wanna do, be a lawyer, then maybe a Supreme Chort Judge, all while paying patronage to my mother along with Jusitia."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/17/2015, 7:57 pm

"I can grow all different types of crops. I haven't actually done my power a lot." Cody shrugged. There weren't a lot of oppurtunities where he could use his powers, really. I mean, not a lot of the time did he just grow wheat because giggles. He could just go to the Mess Hall and eat some buttered bread. He then noticed the optio of the First Cohort, Romulus. Cody didn't know Romulus very well, being in the second cohort, but he still had to have respect for the guy, as did he for all the higher up ranks in the Legion. When he asked to sit, he was about to say yes, when Gunther offered. Cody smiled at him.

"Cody Teing, son of Ceres, second cohort," he greeted. "Nice to meet you officially, Mr. Mercury." He held out a hand to shake, and wondered if Spencer was nervous. She was next to the optio of her cohort. It was funny to think Romulus was only maybe his age.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/17/2015, 8:53 pm

“It’s just Romulus please.” He wanted to say that his Grandfather was Mr. Mercury but to be quite honest his grandfather was Mars, and he wasn’t so sure saying Great Grandfather quite applied to the situation. Mentally shaking the thought off the Optio sat down next to Spencer and took a bite of his pizza, listening to their conversation with slight interest. It seemed Gunther wanted to be a lawyer and with the powers Romulus saw that he had not only would he make a wonderful lawyer but would also make an interesting one. A Lawyer that could not physically lie would perhaps be the most trusted and perhaps unwanted attorney ever depending on what type of attorney the man wanted to become.

“Discussing powers are we? Interesting. Let me give it a try.” He said having only recently sat down he didn’t truly know from word of mouth what they could do, which would make his next trick quite the jaw dropper. “Spencer, you can manipulate luck, also something to do with the Cornucopia, and you can increase a person’s chance of victory. Cody you can grow plants at an unnatural rate and…make a light, and Gunther you can tell if someone is lying and as well as force them to tell the truth. Am I right? The Son of Quirinus asked with an amused look on his face knowing that he was spot on. The auroras radiating off the three of them confirming it. That however was the only power he felt like sharing with the rest of them, tactical advantage and all. Plus, Spencer perhaps knew his other two powers or at least one of them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 9:12 pm

Spencer rose her eyebrows. She had heard Romulus could read powers but it was the first time she experienced it firsthand, now that must be really useful in battle -- and in general too. The daughter of Fortuna finished her lemon soda, the icy drink tickling the back of her throat with a burst of bubbles, before setting her glass down and turning it upside down.

"Yeah, something to do with the Cornucopia," she quoted Romulus, holding onto her glass while doing her best to feel as lucky as possible. Nothing happened for several seconds, then -- tinkling made her snap her dark eyelids open again, and she gazed at the handful of denarii, twenty dollars banknote and four cookies which had now appeared inside of the glass. She lifted it and grabbed the money, sharing the denarii with everyone as well as the chocolate-chip cookies. Mm, they were still warm, like they had just come out of the oven.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 10:47 pm

Gunther blinked when Romulus started to state everyone's abilities and powers. It was quiet interesting to see him use it. "That's pretty wicked..." He said in a whisper before turning to look at Spencer use her ability. "Luck and skill? I kinda wish I had that power.." He said tapping his hand on the table. "Anywho, how was everyone's day?" He asked the three of them, leaning back in his chair as he unscrewed the top from his watered bottle before taking a gulp of it.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/19/2015, 8:20 am

Cody was amazed at both of their powers/ability. "Thanks," he said, taking the cookie and eating it. He agreed with Gunther; that'd be a pretty good power. "My day has been fine. I haven't done much, to be honest. I just love it here in the Forum. So many shops and stuff, it's like a city in Camp Jupiter." He thought about all the different stores he had been too. "Well, I suppose I should show my power in action, hmm?"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/19/2015, 7:05 pm

Spencer’s ability was quite fascinating and it was interesting actually seeing it being used, he wasn’t quite convinced it could be used in any sort of a tactical way but the other two more than made up for that. Cookies weren’t exactly his thing, being sweets and all, so he simply took another bite out of his pizza and then a sip of his water. “That’s interesting. I assume it can be done but with a sort of bad luck spin on it as well?” He asked coming to the conclusion from her luck power and the simple fact that he already knew it, but he’d found allowing people to explain or talk about themselves not only gave them more confidence but they sometimes also explained more than his own power could entail.

From there however the conversation was steered off course by Gunther to the topic of inquiring how everyone’s day was going, answered by Cody and then steered back once more to powers by the son of Ceres. “My day has been relaxing. I am unused to having a day off, but I would be lying if I said I was not enjoying myself.” With that he turned his attention to Cody “If you’d like, I’ve never seen a Ceres kid who was able to create a light before. That usually falls in the Son God’s offspring’s range of powers.” Not only was he genuinely interested he was also of course staking ideas, creating counter measures, it was Tiberia and Decimus’ least favorite thing about him. He was paranoid they’d tell him, but the son of Qurinus was always making contingency’s for every little possibility.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/20/2015, 2:42 pm

"Yeah. If I don't feel good, bad stuff comes out like plastic coins, overcooked cabbage, an old banana peel, that kind of things." It was pretty disgusting sometimes, especially since she had to somehow get rid of the stuff and didn't particularly feel inclined to touch any of it.
    Spencer then listened to Cody and Romulus, finishing her first cookie. "It must be kinda tough sometimes, being officer and everything," she said, swallowing her bite. "Isn't there like, a lot to do?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/21/2015, 3:36 pm

Gunther listened to them, but didn't respond. He was more of a listener anyway, always observating others and how they acted. He took a sip of his water before screwing the top back on and placing it by his fried onion rings. They were probably cold by now since they had been sitting there for about three to five minutes. His pizza should be still good though, only one way to find out.

He picked up the slice of pizza, taking a bite out of the dish. Yelp, still good. The son of Veritas cleared his throat, looking between the three of them, waiting for one of them to slip up and tell a lie.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/3/2015, 5:49 pm

OOC: Mason hasn't posted in ages, can we skip him?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 5:55 am