A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sleepover (private for Manda and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Sleepover (private for Manda and myself) Empty Sleepover (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/24/2015, 9:27 am

Tiberia and Leandra had drawn back into her bedroom, leaving the triclinium after dinner with cups of ice cream and drinks. Tiberia's room was in the second floor of the Scipio villa, between Decimus' and Kaeso's, overlooking the peristyle. The sun was setting over the gardens, which Tibia's mother had changed into a watery fantasy several years after her marriage, with glittering fountains and basins and pools, outlined by manicured bushes and trees. The villa was done in the Ancient Roman way, with high ceilings, marble, frescoes on the walls, statues of gods and busts of ancestors. Tiberia's cubiculum wasn't an exception: she had a balcony overlooking the gardens, lean columns draped with blue textiles and mosaics on the floor -- however the rest of it was quite modern. Flatscreen TV, couches, a laptop and shelves filled with books, movies and video games. Her mother had made the decor though, as it was her job, and she had given them all a coastal flair: there were some starfish on her mirror, a shell here and there, and a decorative ship wheel above her desk.
    The granddaughter of Neptune pushed the couches together to form a kind of nest, spread a cover on them and dropped down. She was dressed in a navy hoodie with thin horizontal white stripes over a white tank top and denim shorts, her black curls gathered into a high ponytail. Kicking her white sneakers off, she crossed her legs and grabbed her ice cream cup: chocolate and pistacchio with bits of almond... perfection.

"Finally!" she grinned, scooping some chocolate ice up on her spoon. "The cena was far too long, sorry about that."

Domitillus Scipio had a way of wanting to do a lot of food when someone was invited over so he had made a full dinner with entrance, different courses and everything, even if Leandra was a recurrent guest at their house, just like Romulus. Her mother rolled her eyes a bit but none of them complained: he was really a great cook.

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Sleepover (private for Manda and myself) Empty Re: Sleepover (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Kwacken 3/24/2015, 1:51 pm

Leandra settled down into a couch, her ice cream just plain chocolate with some whipped cream on the top. She was dressed differently than usual, not the standard Roman uniform, but a pair of khaki trousers and a short with a pattern of browns and greens that accented her caramel colored skin.

"It was fine, if I ever take you to Alabama, the same thing is going to happen. My dad and grandad insist on food, food for everyone, food for everything. Food and fellowship are synonyms." Leandra replied smiling. It was nice to get away from the barracks for a night or two, and the Scipios were always most hospitable. And you could not say no to being fed, a lot. Mr. Scipio fussed at Leandra for not having enough meat on her bones as well, so she usually ended up with more food.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Sleepover (private for Manda and myself) Empty Re: Sleepover (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/24/2015, 1:58 pm

"That's right you still gotta take me. I've never even been to Alabama," Tiberia replied, picking at her ice cream with her spoon. All she had ever been to was California (birthplace), Nevada, Colorado and New York, she'd love to travel. Why not even out of the states, to Canada, England or France? Not southern France obviously as that was the Mare Nostrum, but France and England weren't exactly the Old Lands, right? Those were Italy and Greece and damn, did Tiberia want to go. She hoped the praetors would lift the interdiction one day so that she may see the Coliseum with her own two eyes, the Forum, the Trevi Fountain, the temples and the seven hills.

"Whatcha wanna do? Continue Skyrim, watch a movie, orrr?" After all today was Saturday which meant they could sleep in tomorrow; they could stay up all night if they wanted to.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/24/2015, 10:07 pm

Leandra stretched for a second, then gave her friend a mischievous look. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something now that there aren't any prying ears anywhere. I hear that you and Wade are speaking again. Spill." Wade, the pompous arrogant son of an even more pompous swamp rat. Tiberia may have forgiven the guy, but Leandra still found him rather distasteful. Of course, that could also be because of how biased she was with Tiberia.

Leandra also knew that Tiberia had been seen talking to him again, but she hadn't mentioned it yet. The younger girl wanted the juicy details, and to know whether she was going to have to go push Wade into the Little Tiber or not. Could the guy swim? She might have to tie him up first. If he hurt Tibby again, well, she had seen enough mafia movies to know how to totally go all Mac the Knife on him.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/25/2015, 6:21 am

Tiberia glanced at the painted ceiling, the pistacchio ice cream melting on the tip of her tongue. "There's nothing between us Leandra. What we had ended last year and there's no way I'm getting back with him. He always needs to assert his authority and pretend he's in charge like -- no dude. You're not. Get in line." Putting her glass cup aside, she pulled her hoodie over her head and dropped it on the floor next to the couch, her white top making her caramel skin seem darker. "We just get along, really. Hating him only because we used to date would be wrong."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/25/2015, 9:25 am

"What about hating him because he's a douche?" Leandra asked, raising her eyebrow. "He thinks he's the pantheon's gift to mankind, but then tries to act all humble, humble-bragging about how awesome he is, sticking out his chest like a puffed-up canary with the ego the size of an albatross." She aggressively stabbed her spoon into the ice-cream pulling out a larger bite. "And he doesn't appreciate sarcasm. That right there should tell you he's been dropped on his head a few dozen times."

Leandra took her bite of ice-cream but still had this kind of sour look on her face discussing Wade. Match-maker match-maker, go jump off a bridge.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/25/2015, 10:36 am

Tiberia actually chuckled at Leandra's snark, a piece of almond breaking under her teeth. She let the ice cream melt against her palate, enjoying the taste, then took a bit of her chocolate scoop.

"Guess you have a point," she admitted. "He's conceited and a suck-up but well, everyone knows that. But he's not all bad, I mean -- he's helpful, he's brave, he knows how to handle himself. Not like he's a useless butt." She swallowed the delicious chocolate ice cream and scraped the bottom of her glass cup for the last bits of it. "And sarcasm is the reason I hang out with you, dear."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/25/2015, 11:55 am

The younger Roman shrugged a little. "Just because he isn't useless doesn't mean I have to like him. Sarcasm is one of my many endearing qualities, and he has no appreciation for it. It's like looking at a Picasso and saying it's junk because it's not realistic. Personally, I like a little imagination in my art." She took another bite of the ice cream and thought for a few seconds. She watched Tiberia's body language. "Seriously, though, nothing going on? Because he's not a good fit for you. And he does love to play match-maker."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/25/2015, 1:07 pm

"Trust me. There's definitely nothing between us," she said, taking a couple of gulps from her drink, then noticed her look and rolled her eyes. "Really, you're reading me again? I'm honest, soror."

She crossed her legs and leaned back in a corner of the soft couches, her arms on their backs. "And what about you? You haven't kept me updated on your love life."

Tiberia knew Leandra had a crush on Romulus but didn't know if it was still a thing or not.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/27/2015, 5:34 pm

Leandra blushed hard and threw a pillow at Tibby. "You're trying to change the subject!" She said defensively. To be honest, Leandra hadn't updated Tibby on anything about her crush on Romulus, because she hadn't spoken to him since she had developed it. Although she did spy him walking around the camp in those tight shirts he preferred. Humina humina.

"It's pretty much the same. I, um, haven't had a chance to talk to him." Well, no, she could have talked to him. On more than one occasion. She was just a little terrified of the prospect of talking to him and totally letting onto the fact that she had the world's biggest crush on him. World's most unobtainable man. She had a better shot of attracting Pluto.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/29/2015, 9:44 am

"Ay yay," Tiberia said. She was confident Leandra's crush on Romulus would stay one-sided, just like any other crush anyone had had on him. Tiberia usually found it funny, the way some people kept checking him out or attempted to do this awkward-totally-natural-conversation things at the Mess Hall. Except now well, she knew Leandra, and she didn't really find it funny. "He probably already knows y'know. He's good at reading people."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/29/2015, 6:43 pm

Leandra closed her eyes for a second, then looked up at the ceiling. "That's part of why I haven't talked to him, Tib. Better to not give him a chance to read me. Him knowing won't make it any better. Like we discussed last time, there is a 100% certainty he is not interested in me. And yet..."

The girl sighed and looked at her friend, setting her bowl of ice cream down and wrapping her arms around herself. "Logic has very little to do with emotions. And I could all but swear if it weren't for the fact that I'm a hormonal teen that Wade's daddy had been around messing with people. I feel butterflies every time I think about Romulus. And seeing him walk around camp in those teasingly tight shirts? I get bad thoughts about, well, nevermind." Leandra once again turned crimson, her face felt hot enough to fry an egg.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/30/2015, 11:20 am

Tiberia rose her eyebrows, unable to stop a smirk from spreading on her face. Leandra was the small innocent daughter of Angerona, her having that kind of thoughts? You learned something new every day.

"Someone has been doing some checking out," she said and playfully nudged her. Tiberia stretched her legs and drew her curls loose, looking at Leandra with a side smile. "Yeah, I know, sometimes Cupid can be... I'm not gonna finish that sentence but you know what I mean."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/30/2015, 11:36 am

Where was a bottomless pit like Tartarus to climb into when you needed it? Leandra gave Tibby a 'Just shoot me' Look at the checking out comment. She wasn't exactly stalking him. Just being observant. Very observant. Of his running. And his sword fighting.

Could you die from blushing too hard? Leandra briefly imagined all the blood vessels in her face suddenly exploding from the pressure of blushing so hard. She looked away for a second. "I have not been checking him out. What kind of girl do you think I am? You can't help but notice his butt when he runs."

It was true on that part. His jeans and armor showed off his glorious rump like it was modelling itself. 'Look at me, Magnificent Gluteals, most amazing buttocks south of Olympus! Able to compete with many godly butts, and some gods are butts entirely.' And his arms, his well-toned arms, with the veins she could totally start an IV on. And his pecs. She sighed, then realized what she did. Crap! Where was that endless pit again?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/30/2015, 11:55 am

Oh gods this kept getting better and better. Hiding her chuckle behind her hand, Tiberia clenched her eyes shut for a second before regaining her composure. "I didn't know that side of you, dearest," she said. "I'm not criticizing I mean ... Venus knows I've been checking out Wade's butt too back in the days. I just never thought we would ever have this kind of conversation."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/30/2015, 12:23 pm

Leandra shifted uncomfortably on the couch. It wasn't that the couch was uncomfortable at all, though. "Tib, of course you haven't seen this side of me before. I was a child! I, uh, still kinda am. I mean, I'm definitely not old enough to frick-frack or get married. My mother would kill me. Both of my mothers. And probably your mother for good measure. But I am old enough to know about it and think about it. I'm not totally innocent."

She shifted again. She wanted to get the conversation off of her and Romulus. "And Wade isn't the only one you've been eyeballin'. I saw you staring at the Greek moron, Derrek, at the Valentine party. And it was more than 'does he have a sword in there'. Or, maybe that's exactly what it was."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/30/2015, 1:44 pm

Tiberia grabbed one of her nautical pillows and tossed it at Leandra's head. "I did not check Darren out at the dance!" she said. "Why are you people shipping us anyway? Because we have this competition thing going on? Nothing more's ever gonna happen between us and you know it." She rolled her eyes and leaned back against the couches before grinning. "Though his butt is better than Wade's."

"What the heck?!" came a voice from behind the door. Tiberia leaned up at once.

"Decimus?"

Footsteps could be heard going from her door across the corridor, then another door slammed shut.

"I think he noped out," she commented, leaning back against her pillows.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/31/2015, 10:40 am

Leandra was not sure if she should be relieved that Decimus was gone or horrified that he had been listening. How long? Would he tell Romulus? Oh dear. Oh dear. "He likes to live dangerously, listening to girls talk in private. Although apparently he is mortified by Darren's butt."

Leandra thought about it for a second, then laughed. "I wonder if he is more mortified at the thought of you checking out people's butts or that you like a Greek's butt better than a Roman',s. Can you imagine how scandalized your family would be? 'Nos pudet ad tuam voluntatem hominis Graecum natibus.'"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/31/2015, 10:57 am

"At least it was Decimus and not Kaeso." Tiberia couldn't imagine what her twelve years old brother would think of his older sister if he heard her discuss boys' butts with her best friend. "Also he's being hypocritical. As if he didn't check people out and talk about it with his friends." She caught Leandra's look of worry and gave her a smile. "Hey he's not gonna tell anyone -- and if he is, I'll skin him myself."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/31/2015, 11:01 am

"I am quite capable of skinning your brother, but you could definitely help hold him down at least. And I know how to clean up blood stains rather well. Kaeso can pass on the family lineage. Decimus is definitely expendable." Leandra said, falling back into the comfort of sarcasm and dark humor. It was definitely a defense mechanism at times.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/31/2015, 11:10 am

"What, Kaeso passes on the family lineage? What about me, is it because I'm a girl? You patriarchist piglet." She tossed yet another pillow at Leandra before drinking some more of her soda. Outside the sky was darkening to glowing red and orange shades, one or two stars already glinting up.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/1/2015, 11:44 am

Leandra laughed as she blocked the second pillow with the first one. "Call me old-fashioned if you will, but you know as well as I do that most family names pass down through a male heir. You aren't likely to find a good Roman husband who will take the name Scipio when they have their own name to pass on." She said. "Oink oink. The patriarch isn't going to get dismantled in a day."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 11:56 am

"How about everypony keeps their names, huh? Back in the days I can understand, you couldn't be sure who the father was so once you knew for sure, the kid was named after him. But this is the 21st century for crying out loud, we have DNA tests and whatnot. Also what makes you think I will ever marry?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/1/2015, 12:08 pm

"That's just even more reason Kaeso will pass on the family name." Leandra had hopes for Tibby finding somepony she was happy for the rest of her life, but the question was valid. Life as a demigod was dangerous, more so before retiring from the Legion. She could die any day. Or she could attract the attention of a Celestia and never find a truer love again. Mars most likely, with her good discipline and soldiering. Still, Leandra hoped to see her married some day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 1:10 pm

"Nah, I wasn't saying I'd stay single forever. I just said I'm not the type to marry people," Tiberia clarified. "Marriage is so... final. Sure it's romantic and stuff but I can stay with the same person all my life without having to make it official by some gold ring." She took another sip of her soda, which was almost empty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 1:15 pm