A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private) Empty Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/25/2015, 1:20 pm

OOC:

Food committee:
    → Maddy Scott
    → Layla Anderson
    → Sable Hollingsworth
    → Rhyolo Moseley

BIC: Maddy walked down into the basement and sat down in one of the bigger rooms, the one with all the drinks.

"First: Coke," she said and went to grab a new can. "Come on everyone, get comfortable, this ain't school. Take chairs and cushions -- damn why don't they have hammocks in here?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private) Empty Re: Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private)

Post by Perca 5/25/2015, 2:59 pm

Happy to be away from most of the unwanted attention as well as most of the male attendants of the committee, I hurried into the slightly darker room and found a chair at a corner, where I sat, my notebook on my lap and ready to keep noes
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private) Empty Re: Prom 2015 -- Food committee (private)

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/29/2015, 6:20 pm

Sable laughed as she was walking into the basement. "I like the way you think, Maddy. We are totally adding coke to the things that we are serving at the party. Meanwhile I agree with the hammock things as well." Taking a chair and a cushion as advised she spoke once more. "So whose keeping track of this? I mean, I can write it all down if need be."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/29/2015, 6:50 pm

"Oh that'd actually be pretty great," Maddy told Sable. "I'm awful at writing. In any case: what do you guys wanna discuss first, food or drinks?"

Sipping her Coke, she sat cross-legged in her chair, enjoying the soda. She preferred to talk about drinks since she was a daughter of Dionysus but knew how to plan food too. After all, she organized a hell lot of parties.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 5/30/2015, 1:27 am

"I-if I may, I-I suggest we stsrt from the b-beverages first. They are the e-easiest to decide on and w-we can get them out of t-the way and move on to the f-food after"I said to the two girls with a shy smile
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/30/2015, 11:51 am

"Drinks are not necessarily easy, but they're fun to do. We of course need a large amount of soda, water (both flat and sparkling), and juices, but we also need some alcohol for cocktails." She stretched in her chair. "I've already started planning cocktails designed after Superheroes, like a large green one for the Hulk, a layered one in blue, red and transparent for Captain America... I can cook us up some recipes for both alcoholic and non alcoholic stuff."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 5/30/2015, 12:29 pm

"I-Isn't alchool forbidden?"I asked confused. She should know, after all her dad was the camp director. Wasn't there a rule against all alchoolic products?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/30/2015, 4:33 pm

"Only for those under sixteen," Maddy replied with a mischievous smile. "If it bothers you, we can always put up some comic speak bubble somewhere saying, With great beer comes great responsibility, drink carefully!?" She shrugged and took a handful of cheese&onion flavored crisps, popping one into her mouth. "I've got some ideas already for the cocktails," she grinned. "Maybe we should give them specific names relating to superheroes, like we could have this bright green drink labeled Kryptonite or others called Supersoldier serum, Puny God and stuff. Whatcha think?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/30/2015, 6:18 pm

"I like the name idea's," Sable said while typing on her phone. Scense she had no paper, the only means was to put a draft text with the idea's and list. "I mean, people wanna have fun, why not give them something to do it with, right? As far as sparkling water goes.... I've heard that Pierre is good. I would prefer not to make punch for the juice. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure we could work some amazing magic with it, but at the vast majority of parties either a.) it sucks, or b.) it ends up spiked with alcohol anyways."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/31/2015, 4:01 pm

"Darling, have you tasted last years' punches? They were awesome. Dionysus and Demeter cabins can do miracles when they work together," Maddy winked. "Which they will again this year. We'll have separate juices don't worry," Maddy added in a more serious voice, "but punch has to be. It's kinda tradition." She then gave a grin. "We could also randomly spike a drink with Tabasco sauce and when the kid starts spluttering we yell LOKI'D! and run away."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 5/31/2015, 4:23 pm

"F-from what I know about these superheroes, e-each one has their own s-symbol. Maybe we could c-create bottles in that s-shape for each characterised d-drink. A-And we could have the the h-heroes for cups, little miniatures. W-What do you say?"I suggested curiously
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/1/2015, 11:02 am

"We could do a couple of bottles but I'm iffy about the cups. It's a nice idea but it might be a bit too much, know what I mean?" Maddy replied. "Plus, we don't want to overload the Hephaestus kids with work, they're gonna have enough to do with the sounds and light stuff. And deco."

Camp Half-Blood's parties simply wouldn't be so good if the Hephaestus and Apollo children didn't work together on the decorations. What they did…. it was simply beautiful.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 6/1/2015, 11:10 am

"You're correct, it would be stepping the line. We could have tge plates disguised with red smoke, to seem like the food is floating. I've heard there is a witch among those superhumans if yours. Again though, it might be too much. Oh, I know! We could bake different colored cakes and write on top of them a characteristic phrase of each hero. But only the popular ones."I grinned exitedly, slowly feeling more at ease with these girls
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/2/2015, 6:38 am

"I like the cake thing but I'd rather do little cupcakes with a superhero symbol on each rather than big things. This is prom, we need small food to nibble in between dances, so I'd rather vouch for cookies, cupcakes and minipizzas. But we could indeed do one or two cakes with a superhero phrase. I was actually thinking putting small comic speech bubbles with that kind of stuff around the food."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 6/2/2015, 6:56 am

"I could bring some traditional recipies, from the 1700's. I-I was taught them at school. T-there are beverages a-and pastries and everything. Traditional British recipies"I offered, remembering the yellow-ish payges decorated with inked calligraphy
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/2/2015, 7:44 am

"I think that would've been better if the theme had been Time Travel," Maddy replied, though she would indeed like to taste some 1700s food. "I'd rather stay modern with the snacks: fruits, cheese, vegetables with a selection of dips, small sandwiches, mini-quiches etc. However do you have any ideas for the main menu?" she asked, giving Sable a glance to make sure she was typing everything up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 12:51 pm