A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Rufus Brown

The Elven Hunter
    The Elven Hunter
    Grand Master Jedi

Male
    Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2015-04-08

Rufus Brown Empty Rufus Brown

Post by The Elven Hunter 5/26/2015, 9:25 pm

Name: Rufus Brown

Eyes: blue like the sky

Hair: he has red hair

Height: 5 foot 7

Body Type: he is plump. He likes to call it he is a cloud though.

Skin Color: tan

God Parent: Aeolus God of the Winds

Mortal Parent: Reagan Brown

Country of Origin: Scottland but he sounds like an American because that is where he grew up.

Pets: a pet pug named Chubs

Talents:

Skilled fighter

Skilled with a spear

Skilled cooker

He is a cleaner

He is great at archery even though he doesn't use one for a weapon

Weapon**:

Rufus uses small little daggers that are celestial bronze. He also uses a spear that turns into a necklace. The tip is celestial bronze. The handle is just iron.

Personality: Rufus is very crazy.  What I mean by crazy is that he has a bad bad bad case of ADHD not only from being being a demigod, but his mother has it to so it was passed down to him. Like his father is. He loves his father for that. Being his fathers personality "changes like the wind." (I tried to make a pun xD) Like his fathers his personality changes. He can be very emotional. He is the one who is mysterious. He hates to be indoors. He is not as crazy as his father but he is crazy. He is a jokester. He likes to play pranks on people also. Okay by his personality changing all the time, he is not bipolar. With his ADHD being so bad you don't know how he is going to react.

Flaws:

He overly happy.

Bushy eyebrows.

Slow learner.

Slow runner.

His personality. What I mean by this is you never know what mood he is in so you don't know how to react.

To emotional at times.

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):

He can walk out side and know how fast the wind is blowing and which way it blowing. (North, South, East, West)

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):

Aerokinesis : Since his father is the master of the winds, he has some control over the wind. Please look BELOW for the details.

He can make the wind bring things to him or take things away. He only can bring things that are 10 feet away from him. He can do it for 3 post with cool down of 5) I'd he grabs it it stays with him. He only can move things that weigh no more than 20 pounds. He can not move water.

He can stop the wind from blowing and make it blow again with a snap of his fingers he can do this for 3 post with cool down of 6. What I mean by this is that he can use it to his advantage. If someone is charging at him he can stop it and right before they hit him he can make it go again. This giving him time to get ready for his powers.

He can levitate 10 feet in the air. (3 post with cool down of 5)

Atmokinesis: Since his father is the master of the winds, he can control the various aspects of weather. He only can change the weather if it has something to do with wind. He can do this for2 post with cool down of 4) what I mean by changing the weather having to do with wind is that basically he can cause wind storms, or a tornado.

73-112 mph (63-97 kt) Moderate Tornado. Moderate damage: Peels surfaces off roofs; mobile homes pushed off foundations or overturned; outbuildings demolished; moving autos pushed off the roads; trees snapped or broken.

This is his tornadoes. He can make the winds pick up to 105 MPH and can make it swirl like a tornado. It is 60 feet tall and 30 feet in diameter. It only hurts demigods and monsters. It will not hurt humans. This makes his tornado an F1.

Life Before Camp*:

Rufus attended a Christian academy from the time since he was eight years old. He was always the center of attention and got whatever he wanted. Although he wasn’t the smartest person in the world he managed to get by with his grades. He normally made all A's but sometimes he would slip and make a C. He participated in many athletic sports and accelerated manly in track and baseball. One day, he came home from school to find his bag packed for him. His mother had decided he was old enough to find out the truth about his father and sent him to Camp Half Blood. As they went to camp his mother had explained that when he turned 13 he should be brought to camp so he could be claimed. When he got to camp he got his spear.

RP Example*:

As Rufus rain through the Camp. He came to someone getting a weapon. "Can I have one?" He asked the person getting one. "Sure what you want." "Can I have a spear, I mean if you have one." He replied. "How you want it?" The guy raised an eyebrow. "Well I was hoping the tip would be celestial bronze and the pole just regular iron. Could it also turn into a necklace?" As he got the spear he realized how natural it was for him to use. He dropped it and the spear turned into a necklace that had a shark tooth on it. He was then known as the Shark Spear by his friends.

Any notes about your characters: He loves to collect keys. He loves to read.

Last edited by The Elven Hunter on 5/27/2015, 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Rufus Brown Empty Re: Rufus Brown

Post by Kwacken 5/26/2015, 10:25 pm

Eyes: hazel (green and brown)

Hair: black

Height: 5'6

Body Type: muscular but he is a little chubby

Skin Color: tan

God Parent: Aeolus God of the Winds

Mortal Parent: Reagan Brown

Country of Origin: America

Pets: a put pug named Chubs

Talents:

Skilled fighter

Skilled swordsman

Skilled cooker

Weapon**:

Rufus uses small little daggers that are celestial bronze. He also uses a spear that turns into a necklace. The tip is celestial bronze. The handle is just iron.

Personality: Rufus is very loving. Sadly that comes to a point. He is very short tempered and he will hurt you if necessary. He is very kind to his friends and family. He also loves animals. He can be overly compassionate at times. Rufus isn't one that will attack you for fun. Now yes he will be playful and try to mess around with you trying to trick you and things like that. He is not crazy. His father is. He loves his father for that. Being his fathers personality "changes like the wind." (I tried to make a pun xD)

Flaws:

He is short tempered.

Big ears.

Zones out.

Slow runner.

Easily angered.

How is this different than any of your other characters? At all? This might be why you're having trouble being attached to the characters you're making, aside from the powers, you can't actually tell them apart at all. You need to branch out. Stop plagerizing your own forms.

Make this character unique. With a unique personality. And unique flaws. And have him look different.

These are different people. Make them look like different people.

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):

He can walk out side and no how fast the wind is blowing and which way it blowing. (North, South, East, West)

Please check for homophones in this sentence.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):

Aerokinesis : As the master of the winds, he has absolute control and divine authority over the wind.

No. Not absolute control. No.

He can make the wind bring things to him or take things away

Well, if you put reasonable limits on this, I'll allow it.

He can stop the wind from blowing and make it blow again with a snap of his fingers

Put limits on this.

He also can boost his speed while running with the wind. He can only go 5 MPH faster

Running with a tail wind doesn't actually really help that much?

He can levitate 10 feet in the air. (3 post with cool down of 5)

Okay.

He can "fly" using the wind. No this is not levitation. He can fly distances up to 1 mile away. He can go shorter than that of course. He can use this once a thread. He can do it more in a thread if he does not go to a full mile. (If allowed)

No.

Atmokinesis: Since his father is the master of the winds, he can control the various aspects of weather.

Give me details and limits. Reasonable limits.

He can make a small tornado that is 2 feet tall and it is 3 inches thick. He does it for fun, (2 post with cool down of 4)

Aww, it's adorable. But only a strength of EF 0

Rufus attended a Christian academy from the time since he was eight years old. He was always the center of attention and got whatever he wanted. Although he wasn’t the smartest person in the world he managed to get by with his meager grades. He normally made all A's but sometimes he would slip and make a C. He participated in many athletic sports and acceled manly in track and baseball. One day, he came home from school to find his bag packed for him. His mother had decided he was old enough to find out the truth about his father and sent him to Camp Half Blood. As they went to camp his mother had explained that when he turned 13 he should be brought to camp so he could be claimed. When he got to camp he got his spear.

Um, you need to spell check and stuff.

The Elven Hunter
    The Elven Hunter
    Grand Master Jedi

Male

Post by The Elven Hunter 5/26/2015, 10:53 pm

Edited.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/26/2015, 11:23 pm

Eyes: blue like the sky

Hair: he has red hair

Height: 6 foot

Body Type: he is plump. He likes to call it he is a cloud though.

So he's 6'0 and 13 years old? Does he have gigantism? Because the 95th percentile for height for boys 13 years old is 5'8, which means that he's 4 inches taller than at least 95% of the boys his age. This can be a sign of a pituitary gland tumor, but would also cause him to be thin.

Talents:

Skilled fighter

Skilled swordsman

Skilled cooker

Gonna keep the same talents too?

Personality: Rufus is very crazy. Like his father is. He loves his father for that. Being his fathers personality "changes like the wind." (I tried to make a pun xD) Like his fathers his personality changes. He can be very emotional. He is the one who is mysterious. He hates to be indoors. He is not as crazy as his father but he is crazy. He is a jokester. He likes to play pranks on people also.

Okay, so, 'Rufus is very crazy'. Define crazy? Is he like eccentric? Or does he have an honest to goodness mental illness like bipolar, where he suffers from a chemical imbalance and can't really help the fact that his moods go from high to low to high to low to high to low multiple times a year? Bear in mind, if you answer the latter, there ARE people ON THIS SITE with mental illness, and it is not cool to portray mental illness as being romantic or cool. It is an honest debilitating life altering illness that takes a lot of maturity to play.

Or if he has a bad case of ADHD where he can't keep track of anything. Please, also try and play that with respect, because there are several of us on the site who have that, and it also doesn't really make us crazy.

If he's just eccentric, that's fine.

Flaws:

He is crazy.

Bushy eyebrows.

Slow learner.

Slow runner.

Big ears.

To emotional at times.

OKAY, "He is crazy" does not count as a flaw. That's a weakness at best, and really, no, I don't want to see generic "crazy" terms. Eccentric is better. Find better flaws than slow running and big ears. Anything really. Be inventive. Surprise me. Find a character flaw generator if you have to.

Aerokinesis : Since his father is the master of the winds, he has some control over the wind.

Gimme details, or I'm gonna just start saying no.

He can make the wind bring things to him or take things away. He only can bring things that are 10 feet away from him. He can do it for 3 post with cool down of 5) I'd he grabs it it stays with him.

Gimme more details.

He can stop the wind from blowing and make it blow again with a snap of his fingers he can do this for 3 post with cool down of 6

You put limits, but no details.

Atmokinesis: Since his father is the master of the winds, he can control the various aspects of weather. He only can Chang ethe weather if it has something to do with wind. He can do this for2 post with cool down of 4)

You added one detail, but not enough details.

He can make a small tornado that is 20 feet tall and it is 15 feet thick. He does it for fun. No kidding he does this for emergencies only. (2 post with cool down of 4)

Slightly less edorable, but you still need to put that it can only be up to an EF-0 on the Enhanced Fuji scale. Also do you mean 15 feet in diameter?
    The Elven Hunter
    The Elven Hunter
    Grand Master Jedi

Male

Post by The Elven Hunter 5/27/2015, 8:22 am

So what I did with the powers for the control of the winds they are below the title of his power.

Aerokiesis: he has some control of the wind.

He can bring stuff to him using the wind.

That is my details.

Edited.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/28/2015, 12:14 am

Aerokinesis : Since his father is the master of the winds, he has some control over the wind. Please look BELOW for the details.

So why even bother with this part at all then? Strike it. Especially for being a smart alec.

He can make the wind bring things to him or take things away. He only can bring things that are 10 feet away from him. He can do it for 3 post with cool down of 5) I'd he grabs it it stays with him. He only can move things that weigh no more than 20 pounds. He can not move water.

See, wind is a funny thing, and picking up things only works if there's something for the wind to catch and the size and drag coefficient and blah blah blah physics.

So, let's try this. He can get pieces of paper, balls, balloons, blankets, tarps, things that can be easily moved by wind. Nothing more than 2kg.

He can stop the wind from blowing and make it blow again with a snap of his fingers he can do this for 3 post with cool down of 6. What I mean by this is that he can use it to his advantage. If someone is charging at him he can stop it and right before they hit him he can make it go again. This giving him time to get ready for his powers.

GIVE ME DETAILS

How strong of a wind? Can he slow the wind down if it's stronger than he can control?

Atmokinesis: Since his father is the master of the winds, he can control the various aspects of weather. He only can change the weather if it has something to do with wind. He can do this for2 post with cool down of 4) what I mean by changing the weather having to do with wind is that basically he can cause wind storms, or a tornado.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If by this you mean the tornado only, then okay(following the comments I have on the tornado), if you mean more than that, you have to give more details.

73-112 mph (63-97 kt) Moderate Tornado. Moderate damage: Peels surfaces off roofs; mobile homes pushed off foundations or overturned; outbuildings demolished; moving autos pushed off the roads; trees snapped or broken.

This is his tornadoes. He can make the winds pick up to 105 MPH and can make it swirl like a tornado. It is 60 feet tall and 30 feet in diameter. It only hurts demigods and monsters. It will not hurt humans. This makes his tornado an F1.

Let's look at the laws of physics again for a second.

Newton's second law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This means every action has a consequence. Conflict is a driving part of the stories. You do not get to not endanger mortals and have awesome powers. If you're going to make a mini tornado appear, you bet it can kill mortals, and your character is going to have to decide which is more important, killing a monster or protecting mortals.

Also, I believe I told you EF-0.

EF-0 (65-85 mph) Light damage. Peels surface off some roofs; some damage to gutters or siding; branches broken off trees; shallow-rooted trees pushed over

If you want your tornado, you will follow what I tell you. And you will NOT keep making it bigger every time you edit it.
    The Elven Hunter
    The Elven Hunter
    Grand Master Jedi

Male

Post by The Elven Hunter 5/28/2015, 9:24 am

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content