A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Adalynn Brown- Athena

RedPandguin
    RedPandguin

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-06-21

Adalynn Brown- Athena Empty Adalynn Brown- Athena

Post by RedPandguin 6/21/2016, 2:42 pm

Name: Adalynn Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Brown
    Height: 4' 5"
    Body Type: Slim and Athletic
    Skin Color: Pale
    God Parent: Athena
    Mortal Parent: James Brown
    Country of Origin: United States of America
    Pets: None
    Talents: Intellectual and Archery
    Weapon**: Osage Bow with Celestial tipped arrows
    Personality: Adalynn has been noted as 'wise beyond her years', she isn't very good at socializing with children her age. She is also logical, and intelligent, which can make others think she is uptight. She isn't completing heartless though, when she does get close to others (which isn't usually) she builds strong bounds with them, which can last a long time. Adalynn also hates seeing others in pain and will do anything, even risk her own life, to help others.
    Flaws: Adalynn is insecure when it comes to her body image, which can causes her to avoid mirrors and doesn't take compliments about her appearance well. She is also shy, which makes it hard for her to open up to people, and sometimes well with others, because of this some label her as a loner. Adalynn gets anxious when a situation involves possibly breaking the rules, as she can be a goody-two-shoes sometimes.
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Excellent Strategist, Excels in Intellectual Pursuits and in Warfare
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Life Before Camp*: Adalynn grew up in Clemson, South Carolina with her dad James Brown, a Professor at Clemson University. Growing up Adalynn spent a lot of time around college students- as her dad was busy a lot, he would let some of his students babysit her. Because of this, she grew up quite fast and gained a lot of knowledge. Adalynn was always jealous of the kids at her school because their moms, always dropping them off, bringing cupcakes in for their birthday, etc. James tried to give that to Adalynn, but he couldn't fulfill what she truly desired. He couldn't braid hair, paint her nails, or talk about woman things. Adalynn did appreciate the effort he put into it, and did love her dad. One Adalynn's eleventh birthday she was walking through campus with her babysitter for the day, Maria, when she saw the first monster she had ever seen, a Hydra. After telling her babysitter, Maria rushed both of them into a nearby building wherein she called Adalynn's father and told him about the situation. Little did Adalynn know, Maria was a satyr that had been sent to her by Camp Half-Blood. Adalynn and Maria ran across campus to her dad's office, wear he gave Adalynn a bow made of Osage wood, which he told Adalynn it was from her mother. Maria then rushed Adalynn to the bus station where they took a bus all the way to Long Island, during which Maria explained everything she could, and also showed Adalynn her real legs. After 17 hours and one long nap they arrived at Long Island, and set off towards the camp. Along the way they ran into a hell hound, which- to Maria's surprise- Adalynn handle quite well. She had taken archery since she was 6 at the summer camp she went to and had even earned a couple of awards. The worst injury she got was a nasty scratch on her left, which the Apollo campers fixed up quickly.
    RP Example*:
    Newly eleven-year-old Adalynn was walking through the Clemson campus with one her father's favorite students, Maria. The sun was shining the birds were chirping, it was a beautiful early September day, a perfect day for a birthday. It just so happened it was Adalynn's, she was very excited about this birthday as her father said that this year something special was bond to happen this year, something having to do with her mother. James had known about Adalynn's mother, Athena, being a god and Athena had told him about certain things that happen with demigods. He had been expecting something to happen when she turned eleven, as Athena instructed him to give her a special bow and a special set of arrows when she became eleven. Adalynn had been told by her father that her mother had died in a car accident right after she was born, and Adalynn that was to young to remember the funeral. Adalynn looked over toward the fountain in the center of the courtyard, and saw something that would change everything. She saw a snake like creature just sitting in the fountain, scanning the campus. Adalynn was suddenly reminded of a page in one of the many mythological creatures books that were scattered around the Brown household. This page featured a rough sketch of a nine-headed beast called a Hydra, which looked shocking alike to the creature lounging in the fountain only 10 feet away from Adalynn and one of her favorite babysitters. Terrified, Adalynn tapped Maria on the arm, and pointed at the being, saying "Um, Maria.. do you see what I see?"
    Any notes about your characters: Adalynn wasn't aware of her being a demigod until her eleventh birthday, and was claimed during a capture the flag game.

Last edited by RedPandguin on 6/22/2016, 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    brussell2024

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

Adalynn Brown- Athena Empty Re: Adalynn Brown- Athena

Post by brussell2024 6/21/2016, 8:43 pm

I like the Character you introduced in this. I have a few questions for you though. Was the monster a Dracaena? Or a Gorgon? Not like Medusa, but maybe Stheno, or Euryale? Was the funeral for her Stepmother? Or was it a lie told to her by her father? Did Athena ever tell Adalynn's father abutter true identity?

Thank you for your time, and I enjoyed reading about Adalynn Brown.

Great Job!

~brussell2024
    RedPandguin
    RedPandguin

Female

Post by RedPandguin 6/21/2016, 9:11 pm

brussell2024 wrote:I like the Character you introduced in this. I have a few questions for you though. Was the monster a Dracaena? Or a Gorgon? Not like Medusa, but maybe Stheno,  or Euryale? Was the funeral for her Stepmother? Or was it a lie told to her by her father? Did Athena ever tell Adalynn's father abutter true identity?

Thank you for your time, and I enjoyed reading about Adalynn Brown.

Great Job!

~brussell2024

Thank you for reading about my character!

The funeral was a lie told by her father, Adalynn's father was aware of her true identity, and the creature was a Hydra. I edited everything, so it should be a bit clearer.
    brussell2024

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

Post by brussell2024 6/21/2016, 9:12 pm

Thanks!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 6/22/2016, 4:59 pm

[Brussell, please do not post on another person's form; I appreciate the bit of help, but I'd prefer if you'd leave this for approvers only to minimize risk of misinformation.]

Weapons:
    - What is her bow made of?
    - What are her arrowtips made of?

Add more to her personality.

Flaws:
    - How bad are all three of these traits?

LBC:
    - Add in how she got to camp.

RP Example:
    - Why did her dad say that "something special" was bound to happen? What does he know of Athena's status?
    RedPandguin
    RedPandguin

Female

Post by RedPandguin 6/22/2016, 8:18 pm

Kendall wrote:[Brussell, please do not post on another person's form; I appreciate the bit of help, but I'd prefer if you'd leave this for approvers only to minimize risk of misinformation.]

Weapons:
    - What is her bow made of?
    - What are her arrowtips made of?

Add more to her personality.

Flaws:
    - How bad are all three of these traits?

LBC:
    - Add in how she got to camp.

RP Example:
    - Why did her dad say that "something special" was bound to happen? What does he know of Athena's status?

I edited it, and change somethings around to answer you questions and clear things up more. Please tell me if something still isn't clear.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/4/2016, 4:30 am

Hey!

- That bow is technically a god parent gift. You gotta buy those.
    - What you can do is have the satyr bring weapons from camp, which would include cb tipped arrows, so that it makes sensefor Adalynn to kill that hellhound.
    - Athena's children are claimed at birth, technically.

Rest looks good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 11:34 am