A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.) Empty 4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2015, 10:46 am

The top of the dune made way to the horizon and Maddy could finally catch a glimpse of the sea. Further down on the beach, a crowd of teens had massed in the last glow of sunset, the warmth fading as the first stars glinted up. Somewhere to the left, a group of older kids were setting up the fireworks -- undoubtedly the Hephaestus guys.

"Party's about to start, people," she told her friends and walked down the dune, talking and laughing loudly in the darkening atmosphere. She was dressed in a pair of high waist denim shorts studded on one side and a white top, carrying her chunky red heels in her right hand. She was keeping them for when the ground would be a bit flatter, walking over dunes in heels is an ankle killer.
    Her brown curls were straightened out and tucked up into her stars and stripes headband -- she may be Canadian, but she had spent every summer here ever since she was twelve, so she kind of followed traditions too. Bracelets in silver, blue and red were stacked on one of her wrists and she had put on some matte lipstick, retracing the shape of her rather plump lips with satiny crimson.

It didn't take long to spot Miles. The attractive demigod was in a swarm of popular kids, talking to some of the other handsome guys and Maddy couldn't help but grin widely at the sight of her boyfriend.
    On the way she met other people, greeted them, hugged them, joked for a moment, but eventually she reached Miles, her hand resting on his back.

"Damn boy, are you a hurricane, cause you're blowing me away," she said with a suggestive eyebrow waggle. She always gave Miles sappy pick-up lines at random moments, just to mess around.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.) Empty Re: 4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.)

Post by jake. 7/8/2015, 12:50 pm

4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.) Img-thing?
    miles - briareus - eighteen

miles stands, hands behind back, grinning, talking to his friends. the son of briareus was in a good mood. he had helped with the fireworks to some extent, but most of the job had been done by the heph bunch. miles' hair had grown long and  slightly shaggier again over the past few weeks; just as long as it had been since he had met maddy.

speaking of the devil; miles was making a joke about about a hermes girl who had dropped her food onto his friends lap, when he felt a warm hand on his back, and a voice saying a really bad pick up line. miles turns around and puts his hands on his hips, cocking his head to one side. "try better next time, love." he says, his irish accent perking up lavishly. he pats her on the shoulder and gives her a kiss on the forehead, before frowning, his eyebrows furrowing together. "so, when are they starting the show?" he asks quickly, checking his watch. "i wish they'd just start..." he murmurs, blue eyes travelling nervously across the horizon.

Last edited by jake. on 7/13/2015, 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.) Empty Re: 4th of July fireworks (private for Jake and myself.)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2015, 1:29 pm

"I think it's not dark enough yet, babe," Maddy replied. Indeed, the horizon was still ablaze with a streak of glowing red, the clouds whipped into glistening pink scales by the high altitude wind. The sky was otherwise dark though, something between deep blue and indigo, and more stars glittered up.

She passed an arm around his waist and took a drink from a tray that a Demeter kid was carrying around. It was old-fashioned lemonade with a decorative watermelon wedge, but Maddy took a long mouthful. There'd be time enough for alcohol later.
    Until the fireworks started, she kept chatting with Miles and other populars, complimenting people on their clothes, sharing some gossip, accepting admiring comments about her shoes, and just making jokes with others.

Suddenly, explosions of blue and red burst up overhead, showering down in glittering streaks of white. The crowd let out whoops and applause and Maddy put away her empty glass -- the third one? Yeah, the third one. As long as she could count them, it was good.
    She took Miles' hand and briefly planted a kiss on his cheek in the darkness before angling her gaze back up. The Hephaestus guys really were incredible. They made pictures of gods and heroes dance across the sky in flashes of dazzling colors, had shiny hippocampi sparkle against the clouds and even recreated the faces on Mount Rushmore in fountains of blue and yellow. Maddy whistled, impressed.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 7/9/2015, 11:17 am

miles smiles weakly at the fireworks, and checks his watch again, still frowning. he waits and waits, hurriedly checking his watch and making annoyed sounds as the time ticks by. he looks up at the sky, biting his lip. come oooon... miles almost cries out in frustration when- hey! there she was! "a'ight, maddy, i gotta go. emergency..." he says, giving maddy a very quick kiss on the neck. he walks over hurriedly to the girl, smiling like mad at her.

"have you got the keys?" he asks her, and she nods, her blonde hair waving in the wind, pulling them out of her pocket. miles grins. "good job. lets go." he puts a hand on her shoulder and moves slowly towards the end of the beach, talking and laughing with her.

ooc: totally not making this dramatic and trying to make it look like miles is cheating on maddy when in reality the girl is his childhood friend and helping him make something adorable for their anniversary or something noooo not at allllll

Last edited by jake. on 7/13/2015, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 7:33 am

Maddy let her glass sink, staring at Miles' back. Who is this chick? She must've seen her around, but didn't quite know her name.

But her name didn't matter. The girl in herself didn't matter.

What mattered was that Miles was leaving Maddy's side on one of the most romantic events of Camp Half-Blood to go with another girl. Innocently. As if there was nothing between them. Madeline looked at his arm around the girl's shoulder, the way they talked and laughed.
    .. Not again.
    It had been what, two months since their furious argument on the beach? They had gotten back together a couple of weeks later, had had a magnificent date not two days ago, and now he pulled this? What was she even supposed to think?

Don't make a scene, she told herself as she felt a choking sensation in her throat. The daughter of Dionysus looked back up at the glittering fireworks without really seeing them, even if she did try really hard to focus on them. As she was gazing up at an animated firework of Perseus beheading Medusa, applauding with the crowd, she could feel a couple of eyes on her. She could feel the pity in them. It was one more reason to just ignore it all and pretend she was totally captivated by the dazzling light game above.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 7/13/2015, 7:55 am

miles hurries towards the hephaestus guys with a look of excitement on his face, the girl next to him smiling and laughing and joking around. the girl talks to her brothers and sisters, and they nod quickly, smirking and smiling. miles grins at the girl, she laughs, wiggling her eyebrows, and miles makes his way back to maddy, hands in his pockets.

miles jogs towards the crowd of people, smiling as he saw her. he walks up to her and kisses her forehead once more. "sorry, had to run some errands babe." he says quietly. a few people were frowning at him. miles frowns back, confused. "what did i miss, huh?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 8:29 am

Maddy turned her head aside slightly as he kissed her, though in her inner she tried to control her jealousy. Maybe there was nothing between them, after all. It was perfectly possible, and very likely.

"No problem," she said, forcing a smile onto her face. "She a friend of yours?" she asked, nodding at the blonde girl.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 7/13/2015, 9:52 am

miles stares at maddy, blushing. "uh, yeah, she's a friend." he says, beaming at maddy. in that exact moment, fireworks blaze up in the sky, and to miles' great satisfaction, the words 'i love you bae - from miles 4 maddy' appear in the sky. miles smirks, but innerly facepalms himself, blushing. "uhmmm, the bae part was supposed to be babe..." he mutters, but there was applause all around him.

Last edited by jake. on 7/17/2015, 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 6:30 pm

Maddy was about to reply with a cutting retort when the sky above glittered up with loud booming noises, the air already smelling of smoke. Her hand flew to her mouth as her dyslexic mind started to make sense of the letters. By Aphrodite....
    She turned to Miles, ignoring -- or rather, basking in -- the whistles and clapping of the crowd, wrapped her arms around his waist and stood on tiptoes to kiss him full on the mouth. His lips were warm and familiar, his body deliciously toned against hers. "I love you, you absolute freaking walnut," she said, at loss of cuss words to toss at him.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 7/17/2015, 2:19 am

miles breaks away from the kiss with a grin on his face so similar to a little boys that some people actually giggled and made 'aaaw' noises. miles was about to make an obnoxious comment when maddy called him a walnut. "y'know, you could try for something more original once in a while! it helps, occasionally." miles loves maddy so much his adorable little heart is going to burst out of his chest, and miles just feels so excited that everything worked out like it was supposed to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 6:54 am