A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

How The Other Half Lives

Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

How The Other Half Lives - Page 2 Empty Re: How The Other Half Lives

Post by Metilinos 7/20/2015, 3:24 pm

"So, speak with only the utmost structurally large vocabulary." Andrew said, stuffing some big words intentionally into the sentence. He knew how to play ball. Andrew smugly smiled at his own though. "Ha. I know how to play ball!" He said aloud. "Because it's a ball. And, yeah." Andrew said, starting to bring himself back to reality. He was, in fact, not alone. Lena was right there listening, and not just Netha for once. Luckily for him, there was something to keep him moving so that he didn't have to face the embarrassment.

He watched Stark gently rub Nehta's muzzle with his own. Andrew's eyes widened, Netha was all about no touching until she said so. He remembered how the better part of the first year they were together, he couldn't pet her without getting bit. The growl from Netha was near instant, though not as quick as usual. Andrew quickly wrapped his arms around his loyal wolf, who quickly turned back at him and bit at him, though not as sternly as she might have back when they met. Andrew's arm has some bite marks, but for once, they weren't bleeding. "Easy, Netha. It's rude to try and attack your host. And to successfully attack your friend."

Andrew looked back up to Lena. He didn't want her to think anything of it, she commonly but him. "I don't know, princess Duchannes." Oh, that one was good, he was gonna have to keep using that nickname. "What do you usually do for fun around home? As weird as it is, I don't know what to do for fun in a castle."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/20/2015, 3:37 pm

Lena cringed when he called her princess.Please don't call me that. It's bad enough im from the aristocracy. And in all honest I usually just hide in my room or in the music room to work on some songs. We could go horseback riding with the dogs and Netha if you wanted to though. She said standing up and fixing her clothes.

Stark ignored the nip and growl from Netha and simply sat by his master's side. He was a loyal hound, more loyal than most actually, and wanted to make it known to anyone who would defy both him and Lena. The albino dog walked away from his Lena and towards the side entrance by the woods, stopping only to look back at Netha then walk on like an invitation to join him.

Lena smiled at her loving friend and gave a small laugh as well.We have one or two wolf pack on the grounds and I believe Stark wants to have Netha meet them. She said calmly, wondering if she really would go along with Stark. She didn't seem all to fond of making friends so if she did go this was going to be an interesting chain of events to follow. Who knew, maybe Netha and her would eventually become friends in a way.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/20/2015, 4:53 pm

"I wish someone would call me princess." Andrew said, on the subject. Okay, maybe not princess, but definitely prince. That still didn't sound that cool actually. Maybe king. Or, lord. Unless that sounded too... cliche. Lord Johnson. That sounded like a sitcom. "Horses are cool. My dad and I used to go to the stables down the street." Andrew said, his words suddenly reminding him of the call he'd decline. He'd have to call back sometime soon to make sure his dad wasn't worried. That, and, of course he wanted to brag that he was now the enemy of an immensely powerful man.

Netha didn't move an inch. She simply sat there, staring at Stark. She was a silver shade of fur, it was unbelievable in a way, and attracted a lot of people to her sometimes. It was too bad for them that she had no interest in attention. Even now, Andrew was taken back by his furry friend, she was truly one of the queens of nature. Andrew knelt down next to the wolf, who clearly had no intentions of leaving his side. "Listen, Netha. I know you have a zone of things that you don't like crossing. But, maybe you should go." The earned Andrew a look he'd never seen from the wolf. He hadn't thought about it, but it was so rare that they spent time apart. And when they weren't together, one was always waiting for the other. The look nearly broke his heart to see, even if it was emotionless. "If you need me, howl, and I'll run faster than I ever have before. If I need you, I'll whistle, and I know you'll be there." Andrew said, giving the wolf one pet. It felt like he was sending her away, and it actually hurt. Badly. He watched Netha reluctantly walk away from him. "I'll come find you soon..." Andrew promised her, and with one look back, she was gone. She kept her distance very much from Stark. Andrew knew she wouldn't make any friends. But maybe this was good for her.

They were gone, and it was just Andrew and Lena. "That was the hardest thing I think I've ever done." Andrew said, his eyes were still fixed on where the pair had left. Netha would be fine, and he would be fine, and soon they would be by one another's side again. But something about telling her to go with someone else was just so impossible. It was like sending your child to their first day of school. Is this what Abby felt the day she handed Netha over to him? "What uh... what do you wanna do?" Andrew asked.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/20/2015, 11:11 pm

Lena saw the exchange between Netha and Andrew, giving it some thought. Had they really never been apart until today? it was od but not unheard of, Alice never went anywhere without Rabid and she knew one of the hunters, Kristy, had at least one of her three animals with her. It wasn't her place to judge but to her it was a little odd. Stark and Thor wandered wherever they wished when she didn't need or want them with her, was Netha that protective of Andrew to the point of never leaving his side?

Just out of curiosity, do you two ever really leave the side of the other without being instructed to?She finally asked aloud.Is she that protective?The daughter of thantos asked again. Again; it was odd to her that Netha would want to keep such close eyes on the demigod when he clearly wasn't unable to defend himself. Plus with other demigods around there was no need to be serious all the time and be almost overbearingly overprotective.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/20/2015, 11:25 pm

Andrew took a good long look at Lena before he spoke. Damn her for making him think about serious things he'd rather leave untouched.
    "I'd be dead right now if it wasn't for Netha." Andrew finally said. "I've had her since the day I found out my sister wasn't really dead, but was a hunter. It was Netha that saved my life before my sister brought me to camp. And we've just been together ever since." Andrew explained. The story didn't make him feel happy in particular. "I mean, we just learned to live our lives together. I bring her hunting in the morning. We usually eat in the dining hall together. We go to sleep together. You know, wake up, and do it all over again. Sometimes I feel it's best to not have her with me, in case I'm attending a meeting where she might attack, but..." Andrew never really thought about it.

"But, she's always there waiting for me. I try to pretend I'm protecting her, but the truth is she's protecting me more than I am her." Andrew admitted. He hadn't ever admitted or opened up to anyone like that before. It felt strange to do, it almost felt like he was exposing himself. "We look out for each other. You never know who or what is going to hurt you, but I know she won't ever hurt me." Andrew paused. He almost felt regretful. He never even thanked Netha for her undying loyalty. "And... she's all I have left of my sister. Having her around makes it feel like I have family that understands who I am and what I've done."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/20/2015, 11:32 pm

It was touching she would give him that much but it did feel a little overbearing at times, coming from the girl who worshipped freedom like it was a person itself.I understand that, I guess. But sometimes it just looks like she's either being too much or not enough, no happy middle. Granted I haven't known her as long as you but that's just what I think. She said with a shrug.

Back to what we can do. It's about six thirty give or take and we still have about an hour to an hour and a half till the sun starts to set. There's a stables a short walk down the drive and we could go riding in the woods for a little so I can show you the grounds. Plus we could meet up with Netha if you want.She said gesturing over her shoulder to the giant front doors as their mode of exiting Blackthorn.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/20/2015, 11:49 pm

"She means well." Andrew insisted. "I know it might not look like it, but she cares a lot. I swear, she does." Andrew promised. "I don't know what happened to her as a pup, and I can't really ask her, she just has issues when it comes to closeness. Someone must've left her behind." He said, imagining a vibrant Netha, chasing a rubber ball. And then, whether it be her owner or pack, she was alone. He never really has ever stopped to think about life without her. He quite literally loved Netha.

"No, it's okay. Maybe it's good for her to be away for a little bit." Andrew said, though he didn't sound thrilled about that. "Just, as long as we stay in ear-shot. In case she needs me." Andrew said, following behind Lena. "So... for tomorrow. Do I have to ballroom dance? That in particular is not my kind of dance. I wouldn't even know how it works."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 3:14 am

Theres probably going to be a few songs you'll have to dance to, the first one is a for sure. The guest of honor always dances with the eldest of the opposit gender of that house. It always falls on me and Syn.She said not to thrilled. Balls weren't her thing, it just wasn't fun. The party for teens that she hadn't told Andrew about though, THAT was more her style:

Dont be too concerned about it tho. It's a little more casual than normal but still wear a tux. My family has to dress pretty nicely but in all honesty it's very toned down.Lena said walking to the doors of the Manor. She was looking forward to seeing Mystigan again after a year or two. Mystigan was her newest horse after Molly passed away. He was a fabulous pure breed and she couldn't wait for Andrew to find a horse to ride.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 10:55 pm

"I'm assuming that I''ll be dancing with you and not your brother then?" Andrew teased. He was warming up to the idea, being one of those fancy people. He hated the idea of the tux, but he knew he'd look dang good in one. Maybe he'd try to sweep a lady off of her feet, assuming there was anyone at all his age at the ball. Though, he imagined there wouldn't be, and that the reality of it all would probably be somewhat fun at most. He just hoped it wouldn't be awkward when he had to come face to face with Johnathan once more. That'd be one way to be welcomed into a new country.

Andrew followed Lena to wherever the horse stables were. It made him a little homesick, not of camp, but of actual home. He'd go back to visit soon though; it made him excited to just think about it. "I hope your mother doesn't hold a grudge against me. She seemed really genuine. I'd hate for her to hold this against me forever." Andrew said, walking next to Death's daughter. "Hey, do you think I'll totally get to yell "Nooooo" in slow motion tomorrow night to stop some weird marriage like thing like in the movies?" The demigod joked.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 11:11 pm

Lena let one of her girlish giggles escape when Andrew talked about the dramatic scene in movies where the couple gets an arranged marriage but they love other people.In all honesty maybe. Why would you though, you don't know anyone at the ball. Syn has a girlfriend and I'm the only other person you know of. She asked curiously. If this was some kind of hint from Andrew that he didn't want to see Lena go then it was a good thing she was blushing slightly.

Walking around the castle grounds it was soon noted that the weather was absolutely perfect for an evening of riding.The trees were in bloom and some loose petles were even blowing in the breeze and Lena smiled and twirled on ahead of Andrew, looking like a princess out of a movie. This was what she would do when she was younger, dance in the petal snow. The old white tree that was giving off the most snow was gorgeously grown and Lena started to ballet dance her way through the grounds while singing a Nordic style song. She closed her eyes, having walked the path hundreds of times prior, and sang her song as she danced her way around the grounds.

She didn't care how she looked, she didn't care what anyone thought, she just wanted to feel alive again. Singing the higher pitvhes in her angelic voice she smile-sang until she twirled to a stop in front of the most beautiful horse stable there ever was. Grinning the daughter of death ran up to a white mare and hugged her muzzle close to her.It's been a while, hasn't it Mystigan? She said softly, like a child almost. She loved her house from the outside.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 11:34 pm

Andrew's brow raised as he watched Lena's second side of her begin to show, as she twirled around as though only she existed in the world. This was a side of Lena he'd rarely gotten to see. It was a side of him that made him feel an odd warmth in his chest, which he was pretty sure had nothing to do with his divine blood. Watching her be free made him envious in a sense. He wanted Lena to be able to enjoy the simplicity of freedom like this. He just wished that maybe the could enjoy it together. Maybe their blissful moments could intertwine together, and they could be happy, and-

Andrew shook his head. That was enough talk of romance ball movies, because it was clearly getting to him. He watched Lena spin around freely the rest of the day. we smiled, but didn't comment on it. When they reached the stables, he wasn't sure what horse to pick. He'd only ever ridden a few. His hand wandered the bars, going to stroke one horse's nuzzle.

It lightly attempted to nip at his fingers, his hand darted back with the reflexes he'd gained from hunting. "Oooo-kay, that's fair. If there was some filthy foreign stranger who hadn't showered in the past twenty four hours trying to touch my face, I'd probably bite him too." Andrew said to the horse. "This place is like a literal dream." Andrew said, with actual seriousness in his voice. "It's like. Magic." He said, admiring the stables, and remembering all the sights they had seen until now. He held back a dumb comment on why stables were named stables.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 11:42 pm

Lena saddled her horse in black and led her out of her stall, mounting the mare as soon as the stall door shut. She loved Mystigan more than anyone else combined. Gesturing to a black horse next to the stable Mystigan was in Lena spoke.That's her mate if you want to ride him. His name is Leonidas and he is as kind as he is beautiful. She said almost wistfully. She loved these two, they were always there for her. Before Thor there was nobody for her but her horses and when Pearl died she bought Mystigan and Leonidas, the best pair known to man.

Leading her horse to the stall the two brushed muzzles and she looked lovingly between them.They're my closest friends and I come here a lot. I had them before Thor so these two have seen more tears that I would like to admit. Stroking the two horses she smiled and looked back to Andrew from her mount.He will be kind on a ride with me through the forest if you wish to saddle him. She said relaxed. This was the real Lena, a loving person who would do anything to see her dearest friends and family happy.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 11:52 pm

"Leonidas?" Andrew repeated, smiling at the thought. "He was the king in 300." The demigod commented, ironically, for once, the subject was almost somewhat related. The Spartans praised Ares, and Ares and Apollo were part related, and Apollo and Andrew were related, and Andrew was alive and standing thinking the thought. Therefore, King Leonidas and Andrew were related in some odd manner. "I'm sorry about your old horse. That must have been a heart break to go through." Andrew said. He nearly bit down on his tongue, deciding if it was appropriate to mention what else he was thinking. He saddled up on the horse beside Lena, and thankfully, she was telling the truth about the horse. He was kind and gentle.

"I'm also sorry about your boyfriend. I had no clue you two broke up. I happened to hear it from your father before I went all Jerry Springer." The demigod said, hoping his dumb remarks might do some good for once. He began thinking about Netha again. He hadn't spent a minute of the walk missing Netha, even though he missed her dearly, it didn't weigh on him the same. He hoped that she was having fun, whatever she was doing. That wolf was one tough beauty. She deserved some happiness. "If it's any solace, most of my tears are shared with onions..." Andrew made another dumb remark. Because reasons.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 11:57 pm

Lena gave a nother giggle before digging her heels gently into her mare and taking off in a flash of white. Throwing up her arms she closed her eyes and let her mare do the driving. She smiled and breathed in the scents of home. She loved Mystigan and Leonidas and the woods and the flowers and everything there was to truly miss about home. Turning down a worn path, where the trees seemed to bow in her honor, she rode down to the one place she loved. The place her and Synyster would sneak off to during the middle of the night when they couldn't sleep. The secret pool of water that they had found while riding,
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 12:11 am

Between thoughts of what possibly roamed the woods here and what Netha was up to, Andrew was occupied with watching Lena. Which, to be fair, would have been a horrible idea if Leonidas wasn't self-navigating. She seemed so full of joy, and so free. He started to daydream in the back of his mind, of them dismounting. And then they would hug, for whatever reason, which wasn't so foreign, Andrew was pretty sure they had hugged once before when they finished writing that song. But what would happen after the hug was what was more foreign than Andrew in New Zealand. After the hug, they oddly wouldn't let go. And Andrew would whisper something stupid, and Lena would whisper back to him calling him an idiot, but she'd be smiling. And then he would lean in and she would also lean in, and it would turn into a-

"Whoa, water." Andrew said, forcing himself back into reality. He was hoping the day dreaming wasn't going to become a huge problem, though he suspected he'd have to keep a tight grip on it. Regardless, he was back to reality. He envied the hunters that had the opportunity to use these woods. Maybe he'd sneak out one of these nights to get a look. Having now bow or light made things a little more difficult though. "This place is.. interesting."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/23/2015, 12:18 am

Lena laughed a little as she stopped her mare at the clear water's edge, letting her bow her head to drink. Taking a deep breath she smiled and looked out over the water.This was my escape from the world. There's an alcove behind that log and I would always float my guitar case on the water to practice when I was in it's shade. She said smiling and dismounting to stand between the two horses, her hands on both their necks.Mystigan was the first to find this place when Syn and I were young and old enough to just ride. We let the mare take us wherever she wanted and this was it.

The girl smiled and walked around the outer bank of the water, as if reliving some memory of sorts. She was in love with the nature that was on her land. It was going to be her land some day to. when her mother would pass away Blackthorn would be hers and there wasn't a way in the world she would ever let it go. John could complain all he wanted but it was the eldest daughter who always go it and she was the only daughter of the Duchannes name, that was that. Sitting on a smooth rock she let her mare wander freely as her knees were pulled to her chest. She started singing an old Nordic song and let her voice carry in the small clearing. She didn't care who would hear her, it was her home after all.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 12:27 am

Andrew wondered what it must have been like growing up in a place as magical as this. Poor Abigail had spent her youngest years in slums, and it made Andrew so upset to think about. Andrew marked the location of the alcove in his head, in case he had time to go visit it later. Andrew slowly dismounted as well, standing behind Lena and watching her sit down. She was quite literally incredible in the moment, almost as though she had a real connection with nature that he didn't. He was unfamiliar with this land and what it meant to be here. "I was wondering. Why do you hate it at Camp Half-Blood?" Andrew finally asked. It had been eating away at him. He wanted to know if it was something involving him or not.

He listened to her song, the entire way though, without interupting it. It was like listening to a true musician at work, while there had been no others for centuries. "You should never stop singing." Andrew whispered softly so that it didn't interrupt her song. "I told your father you had the voice of an angel. And, ha, I'm right."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/23/2015, 12:41 am

When Lena finished her song she shrugged and then blushed at Andrew's remark.It doesn't compare to home. This place would be a hundred times better than camp on its worst day. Look around you. She said making a grand gesture.camp couldn't ever be like this no matter how hard any of the Demeter kids tried. It could never have Blackthorn, or the stables, or anything. This place is the one place I truly know. She explained looking out over the water as a wind started to blow.

This was where I was born and raised. Where I grew cold and hid away who I really was. This is the one place I still remain myself. She said softer, watching as the horses laid next to each other, looking at her as if proud parents. A single tear ran down Lena's cheek at the thought of having parent's like Mystigan and Leonidas. Loving and always there when you needed them most. She would have given anything to have that growing up. Standing up she walked over to them and sat on her mount. The mare stood and turned towards the way they came.You're bedroom is the first on the left when you walk up the main stairs. I'll see you tomorrow. She said riding off on her own.

Lena took the long way home that night. She wanted to see the places she had missed after being gone for so long. There was nothing she wouldn't love more than to grow wings and fly to see her entire land. Stark eventually found her as she rode and the hound ran alongside Mystigan in the cover of night. After dropping her mare at the hidden stables next to the house Lena climbed up the ivory to her bedroom and walked in through her balcony doors. She changed and got into bed, Thor and Stark walking in from her door. Closing it behind them the raven haired girl climbed under her queen sized bed and fell asleep with two of her loyalist friends at her feet.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 1:02 am

"Thanks for the tour!" Andrew yelled, in a joking sarcastic tone. His eyes immediately darted to the woods. He was alone, after all. He was hopeful to go exotic hunting, but his hope soon faded. No bow, no gear, and most importantly, no Netha. Maybe another time, but for now, it was time to go find his best friend.

---------------

Andrew stepped into his room, it was simply amazing, as was the rest of the castle. The first thing he noticed was his bag on his bed, rather, he noticed what was in front of his bag instead.

"Netha!" Andrew nearly shouted as he approached her and hugged her. And to his his surprise, she tolerated. He gave her a few pets, happy to be reunited. "I missed you, girl. I'll do my best to see if we can get some time to go hunting before we go home, whenever that is." He promised, looking at his furry friend who had made herself comfortable on his bed. "It's certainly bigger than the one at camp. You'll have enough space to sleep next to me and you won't have to touch me." Andrew joked, as he yanked out his phone. "Gotta make a quick phone call." He said aloud.

---------------

"So she's single then?"

"Yes."

"You know, I feel like ninety percent of our phone calls are me asking you yes or no questions."

"Yes."

"How are things going over there?"

"Yes- good. I meant good. I uh. Sort of made her step-father angry at me."

"Yikes. That's a nice way to make an impression."

"Yeah. But I figure, hey, the worst case scenario is that I get banned from New Zealand."

"That does... sound like an awkwardly small punishment despite it being huge. Good luck passing a background check."

"That's a good point. Well, guess I'm never going to get a good job."

"What about the ball? Have you done any studying on what that will be like?"

"Absolutely not."

"Son, you're going to bomb tomorrow night. And I'm oddly more proud of you now more than ever. But, uh, do me a favor."

"Yessir?"

"This girl, that you're totally in to even if you won't admit it. Go for the hail-mary. I do TV, I know, all it takes is the kiss."

"Oh my God, dad."

"Do it."

"Go to sleep."

"Andrew, I know my way. Do it."

"It's late here. I gotta shower and go to bed."

"Hey, alright. But when you don't kiss her, I'm gonna say you shoulda."

"I'll keep that in mind. I love you, tell mom I said hi. And for the love of God, please don't tell her I have a crush on someone. She'll take it like it's a big deal and call me every hour."

"I love you too. We miss you. Don't get killed by hobbits."

Andrew hung up the phone, happy and laughing from the conversation. He quickly showered and layed out his formal-wear for the following evening. He combed his hair in the mirror, making remarks on how good he looked. Netha had an expression of dis-amusement. When all was said and done, Andrew finally closed his eyes and nearly instantly passed out from the comfort of the bed. The last thing he could feel was a furry side rubbing up against him.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/23/2015, 1:16 am

The day of the ball. Synyster had gotten up early to get everything done with his mom and their help. Once everything was said and done he changed into his tux with a crimson tie and the sterling silver crescent necklace of his family. He walked past his sister's room and felt a draft, knowing she got in through the balcony instead of her door. It was smart he would give her that because it meant avoiding John at all costs. Moving to the door across the hall he banged on it loudly. "Andrew time to get up. Ball starts in an hour." He said before going downstairs to greet the guests.

Lena however, chose to sleep through her alarms she had preset and woke up with only a half hour to get ready.Bloody hell! She shouted, getting up and starting with a hot shower. There was no way she could look right in a half an hour, it was impossible! With her Ladies Maids helping with the festivities she was left to fend for herself and wanted to rush but only knew it would make things worse in the end of it all.

"Andrew. Let's go bro." Syn said banging on his door once more with five minuets before they had to be there and announces. Syn fixed his necklace and looked at Duke who was sitting at his side. The german Shepherd never left his side unless otherwise told. Giving a nod Syn watched as Duke ran down the back stairs and into the outdoors to fund and hunt with the other hounds.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 6:14 pm

Andrew's eyes slowly opened, groggily. It was morning already? Or, was it passed morning? "Roger dodger!" Andrew shouted back to Synyster. Apparently he held no grudge from the day before, which was a good thing. Andrew looked to his side, his arm draped over his furry companion, who was now awake, and pulling away from his arm. A smug grin appeared on Andrew's face. "Man, what did we do last night? Did you cuddle with me?" Andrew asked, smugness apparent on him as though he had all the dirt on her in the world. The wolf let out a low growl at him. "Okay, okay. Our secret. Maybe." Andrew said, rolling out of bed. "I wonder if one day I'll be able to label you as "is good with kids" or something."

That earned Andrew a full on growl.

"Jeez, I'm sorry!" Andrew said, the grin still deep on his face. Netha was already on the floor, sitting in her usual position. "Hello, handsome man." He said to himself in the mirror, though it was intentionally just to make Netha even less amused. The demigod wasted no time fixing his hair and putting on his suit. "What color vest should I go, Netha? What color tie should I go with too?" He asked, turning back to a wolf with no concern whatsoever. "Oh, right, you're probably color blind anyway, huh?"

Andrew ended up with the usual black tux, his tie was silver, his dress shirt was white, and his vest was some kind of grey. "Bro?" He repeated, after he walked out of his room, Netha by his side. "That's new." Andrew noted. He squatted down next to Netha. "Probably not proper for dogs, or wolves, to head into the ball hall or whatever it's called. You can go off and have fun, girl, maybe go explore that room we heard about earlier. Or go out and see some of the hunt before I can. I'll see you tonight, same drill, if you need me, just howl, girl. I'll miss you. We'll spend some real time together tomorrow." Andrew promised, before standing up next to Syn. "Let's hit it." Andrew said.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 3:16 pm

How The Other Half Lives - Page 2 Wgx9v8

Syn chuckled at Andrew and lead him through the halls of Blackthorn with his hands in his pockets and stopped in front of two giant double doors."Ok, so they're going to announce me and I'll walk out and do my sh!t. When they say 'presenting the honorary guest Andrew Johnson gonna walk through the doors when they open and stand on the platform between the two stair cases. Everyone will bow and you will so a small bow then walk down whichever set of stairs you want. Good?" He asked before his name was called and he straightened himself out. The son of thantos went straight faced and walked out as the doors closed behind him.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lena was scrambling to get herself ready in time. Her hair was taking way longer than she thought and she wasn't going to be able to get her makeup or crown on until after it was done. She wasn't even in her dress yet either. All she had on so far was her necklace as her house crest and her heels which she loved dearly. Stark was laying on the bed facing Lena as she sat at her vanity to get ready. Thor was somewhere with duke probably hunting each other to stay sharp and all that jazz. The daughter of death could hear her brother and Andrew out her door and walking down the halls.Gods I am so late She said to herself as she stuck the last bit of her hair in place and began her gorgeous makeup, making her bright blue eyes shine and really pop.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 7:43 pm

Andrew blankly stared at the son of Thanatos as he gave his explanation. He seemed pretty adamant on that being procedure. Aw man, Andrew was so hoping he could walk out there and do something stupid. Maybe get a bowling ball and roll it out for his entrance, leave everyone wondering what the heck was going on. Andrew did as he was instructed, awaiting for the doors to open. When they did, the demigod walked out and bowed, gently, as instructed. All the eyes on him, and he didn't feel even a speckle of stage fright. This was what it was like to be important. At least at a ball. In New Zealand. Hosted by someone who was in love with Death himself.

Andrew lead an interesting life, to say the least.

He walked down from the staircase on his right. Right was always right, because right was right and right was right. Andrew smugly smiled at his dumb thought. He was certain these were all people, none of them monsters in disguise, as they were probably all checked before entering the castle. He put his hand close to his chest, where he could sort of feel the handle of his folding knife in his breast pocket, which was being blocked by his vest and blaze. Better safe than sorry.

Where was Lena? That was the real question.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 8:11 pm

Lena was finally done with her makeup and slipped into her long one shoulder dress and put her earrings in, topping everything off with her tiara. She took a deep breath and walked out of her bedroom, Stark trotting along side her. She didn't really care that dogs were frowned upon at the ball but she was going to have him with her until she had to walk out onto the platform. Stopping at the entrance she smoothed out her dress and fixed the last few fly always of her black hair. She was feeling good and nervous about her new debute at the ball in her new dress and having to dance with her camp friend.

"Announcing, Lady Leanna Mason Duchannes. The second lady of the house of the moon." The announcer said as two other men opened the double doors and she walked out onto the platform and watched as everyone bowed to her, wishing she had Stark by her side. She didn't bow or anything she simply walked down the left side of the platform and onto the ballroom floor. Her gown was gently trailing behind her as she walked down the stairs but on the floor it barley brushed the floor. A small symphony was stationed at the other end and began playing after she was on the floor.

The young woman started searching for her brother or even Andrew with her bright blue eyes. She couldn't find either of them at first and went to grab a glass of champagne before leaning against a pillar by herself. John wouldn't want to talk to her after what her friend said to him the evening before. At this time of evening it was about to sunset and was gorgeous outside and in the garden area next to the hall.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 10:03 pm

Andrew walked by several people. This was an interesting place. He almost felt as though he should be holding a champagne glass, even if it tasted like pee, just to be a part of the atmosphere. His hands found themselves in his pockets pretty fast. There were lots of plain suits, but also lots of pretty dresses. Some of them were more revealing than others. Yikes, some of them looked like they were a pain to walk around in, especially with the heels. Andrew wondered how much effort it would take to get a cheers to not having to wear high heels with the men. Of course, considering many of these people were likely married and had their wives with them, the plan would either be the most amazing thing ever, or the most horribly gone wrong thing ever.

Andrew's eyes averted to the balcony once more, as a voice welcomed in Lena, or as these fancy pants knew her as, Leanna. Only something strange happened. It wasn't Lena that walked out. It was someone else, in a dress, who looked like she'd taken hours to doll up just to simply walk out to the balcony.

Wait. That was Lena.

Andrew's jaw nearly dropped, at the mix of awe and questioning. Wow, Lena looked good. Stunning. Beautiful. Astonishing, even, which Andrew wasn't sure was in his vocabulary until it popped up in his mind. Andrew began searching through the crowds for her. She was already pretty much gonna have to lead the dance, though that effect was only worse for her now; Andrew wasn't gonna be able to take any focus off of her.

"Hey. I'm looking for Lena. Seen her anywhere?" Andrew said, as he approached the other demigod. He was joking though it wasn't his typical joke. "Gods, you look gorgeous. I mean, not as gorgeous as me, of course. But, you should wear dresses more often." Andrew said, and unknown to him, the whole time he was speaking, he had a dumb grin on his face from looking at Lena. "Champagne, huh? Be careful you don't do something you regret. Like DUI. That's, dancing under the influence." Andrew said with the dumb grin plastered to his face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 12:57 am