A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

How The Other Half Lives

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

How The Other Half Lives - Page 3 Empty Re: How The Other Half Lives

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 10:21 pm

Lena saw Andrew and smiled but when he started talking about how he was attractive and she lost the smile a little.Full of ourselves much aren't we? She said with a small smile on her face. It wasn't really normal for her to take the bull headed ness. At the mention of champagne there was her full smile and slight laugh.It's not really strong at all. I've had stronger. She said with a smile. Then the music started up for the night. It was an all orchestral piece and she knew it was going to be a hard core dance session.

C'mon, we have to dance. She said putting her glass on a tray that was being walked by with a butler. She took the glass and Lena made her way to the dance floor in her goddess like dress. She really did feel pretty and attractive, more so than she had in a decently long time so this was going to be a fun and good evening for her to let loose a little.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 10:46 pm

"Well, I had to say something to not be a stuttering mess and stare, didn't I?" Wait, those weren't the right words! Andrew meant to say something cheesy about the fancy fish eggs or something. His cheeks flared pink, especially in the way he said it! His tone sounded as though he was confidently saying a witty joke, but in reality, he was admitting that his own self confidence was really just a sham to keep himself in check. It was an awkward moment for Andrew, which was an extreme rarity. "Uh. I don't usually not know what to say..." Andrew said, not making eye contact anymore. Oops.

Luckily, she said they had to dance. It felt like a new topic would be good. Andrew wasn't nervous about the dance at all, but looking at Lena in her dress now, it changed his mind, and fast. The hundreds of eyes watching him didn't matter, but the two in front of him did. "Lena, wait. I don't know about this. I've never danced at a ball before. Heck, I don't know the steps or anything. I'm gonna look like a total idiot!" Andrew said in a whisper next to her. "You like, know this stuff. And. I'm gonna make you look dumb." The rarely-afraid demigod said in fear.

Monsters weren't intimidating. Lena however, was a different story. Why couldn't it just be someone less pretty? Like, Aphrodite? Or Helen of Troy?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 10:59 pm

As the harp plucking started and the song began to pick up its speed Lena gave a truly happy smile and took his hand in hers, backing to the floor. Before the strings picked up Lena took his hands and placed one up and out while the other rested on her waist.Just look in my eyes and follow my lead. I promise I'll be here for you. She said softly as their bodies were so close together. When the strings picked up Lena started to take steps backwards and at a diagonal, semi pulling Andrew with her. She knew he was going to like this as long as he followed her lead and looked at her. Nothing could go wrong from that point on.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 11:15 pm

Andrew's heart began to beat faster than that time he fought a battle cobra thing. It was like he was facing the most bravery-required thing in the world, but he was just ball dancing. His body was close to Lena's. Probably close than it had ever been before, even the hug wasn't close like this. They were practically held together. Lena's whispers were a welcomed sound, however. They helped him calm down, and as odd as it was, he strangely really liked his hand resting on Lena's waist. It felt nice to have contact like this. No way in Hades he was going to be able to voice it though.

"I trust you." Andrew whispered back to her.

He followed her pace, and her steps. He kept his eyes on hers, though he felt what was almost like a pulling sensation, as though he didn't feel they were pressed close enough together. His chest filled entirely with nervousness and bliss. He felt like he should say something. Tell her something. But what was there to say? Gods, he wished he'd brought his wits, because they seemed to be missing. "I've been meaning to tell you." Andrew said those words and didn't actually know what he'd been meaning to tell her. He just opened his mouth, because it seemed that was the only part of him that knew what to do. "What you've done for me is really incredible..."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 11:23 pm

Lena let out a small giggle as they danced in the very center of the ballroom floor and didn't care who was watching. Little by little more couples and pairings joined in and danced, leaving the two main members of the evening at the center of a circle. She started to get a little fancier in her steps and even went so far as twirling herself in one of Andrew's hands before resuming the hand placement from the star. She was so into the music she nearly missed him speaking to her.

I haven't done anything. I've just opened doors for you. you're the one taking the steps. She said now backing off leading and letting him control the dancing. She fluttered her eyes closed and hummed the music softly as they danced through her favorite song in the whole wide world.Sound familiar? She asked, having sung it the night before while they were walking to the stables and she got lost in a dance from her child hood.

The piano began to sound and she smiled as she hummed, opening her eyes and locking her gaze with Andrew. He may have been the not-so-honored-guest by her father but to her he was more than welcome at Blackthorn, her home. She had made a silent prayer to the gods to not have anything ruin the moment and as the violins sounded louder she did something she hadn't done in years at a ball, she began to have fun. Her feet were moving along the floor as if floating and her heart was in the music and pounding loudly for the man in front of her. She hadn't felt this way before, not even about her ex, and she was glad to be able to spend time with Andrew.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 11:39 pm

"How far can I take the steps until I've overstated my welcome?" Andrew never spoke like this, in analogy, symbolism, or metaphors, unless the situation was nothing short of life depending. Apparently here, his life depended on knowing. He so badly wish to lean his head forward and kiss Lena. To confess the feelings that he'd had. Why he'd overreacted on the jet, because he was so hurt by her words because her opinion mattered so much to him. He wasn't even aware the ball existed anymore. To Andrew, the entirety of the world was him and Lena. His steps became natural, and not stressed, as though he'd suddenly known to do this for his whole life.

"Gods. Are you real? Or is this just one long dream that I'm lucky enough to have?" Andrew asked his his quiet whisper. He had no desire or urge to crack a joke, for the first time in so long. There was one thing he wanted. That kiss. It was nothing but absolutely vital at the moment. But he held himself back from it. At least for the moment. But his dad's advice rang in his head.

"Go for the hail-mary!"

Of course, if he tried and Lena hated him for it, he knew he'd probably cry in front of a bunch of fancy people.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2015, 11:55 pm

How The Other Half Lives - Page 3 855987__castle_t
    That. She said softly.Is something you will have to find out on your own. The once fierce daughter of Thantos said in a whisper almost. She was going to loose herself in this moment and she was going to love it dammit. There was nothing in the whole world that was going to ruin this evening for her and she as going to make sure of it. She would do anything in her power and strength to make it last. As the song was drawing to a close Lena panicked inside a little but relaxed at Andrew's words.

I'm as real as the night I was born in. She said softly as she pulled Andrew along a little and away from the dance, towards to garden doors that were left open for a soft, cool breeze. the hall was hot and Lena wanted to show Andrew the gardens at night.Welcome home. She said kindly as she stepped out onto the terrace. She hoped he would call Blackthorn his home. He was always going to be welcome to her home, he was the closest friend she had. As a full moon shone brightly and the stars shined above there were more stars than there ever were at camp and she breathed in a long breath, loving the smell of the flowers.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/25/2015, 12:19 am

Lena began to gently pull him with her, and he followed without a single objection. He was almost saddened, as they pulled away. Andrew didn't want to pay attention where his feet were walking. He didn't want to pay attention to anything but Lena, anything at all. Not even Netha had crossed his mind. Not his home, his friends, his family, not even the fact that he was standing in New Zealand was on his mind. All he wanted was for the world to disappear once more, and leave him and Lena with some more alone time. He had so much he wished to confessed to her. And so much fear of her rejection. Something had always been missing, and he hated to think it might have been Apollo missing from his life, but it wasn't. It was Lena. Andrew followed her, though wouldn't let go of her hand. He looked out into the gardens.

"Whoa. It's beautiful." Andrew said, then his eyes darted to the sky. Then once more to the garden. Then they locked back on to Lena. "I've seen enough though." Andrew whispered once more. "I'd rather look at what I want to look at the entire night..." Andrew whispered, his eyes not leaving Lena's. He gently nudged himself closer. He desired her to be in his life. To visit his home. To be there when things went wrong. He was going to do it soon. He couldn't keep himself away from her much longer.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2015, 12:27 am

Lena watched as his eyes darted around and hear rose to her cheeks when he stepped closer and whispered to her. She hadn't really wanted human closeness since her breakup but it was as if everything other than Andrew had floated out of her mind and that was all she could think of. Her and him. Alone in her favorite place on earth. With nothing but the orchestra and the night that surrounded them. There was nothing more important than this night, this moment, and she knew that. She would never admit to it after this evening but she loved it. She loved it all.

And I couldn't think of something more beautiful than a moment like this. She said softly as she looked up at him. There was only one thing that could make this moment even better and on any other night Lena would have gone for it but she was so vulnerable that she couldn't make a move other than the breaths she was taking and the feeling of the cool wind on her skin as the two stood in the night. She wanted to be swept off her feet and kissed under the stars. She wanted the world to melt away into nothing but her and Andrew. no John, no rules, no ballroom. Just her, and Andrew in the night.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/25/2015, 12:35 am

"I can think of something more beautiful than anything..." Andrew whispered, as suddenly his free hand rose to cup Lena's cheek. "You." He said softly. "I'm not sure how I'm doing any of this. I'm actually really terrified, to be honest." Andrew continued to whisper. His eyes simply could not pry themselves away from Lena's. "I'm so scared that I'll do something dumb and have to watch you walk away. The truth is that I have these feelings for you. Where I want to spend all of this time with you. And on the jet, I got so defensive, because the girl I adore wasn't happy with me. Everything I said on the jet, I didn't mean. And I just..." Andrew tried to find the words. He simply couldn't. But he did his best.

"I'm not even close to worthy of you. But I think about you a lot actually, and I like seeing you. And listening to you sing makes me feel warm. And I sometimes randomly miss you when you aren't around. And I. I-I-I-" Andrew stutttered. The whole speakin-in-whispers thing was falling apart, as he began stuttering. "Oh, gods, Lena, I hope you aren't angry with me for this!" Andrew finally whispered in a quick hushed tone, before he brought their bodies totally pressed to one another, as his lips met hers.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2015, 1:02 am

Lena searched the demigod's eyes as he spoke and felt her cheeks redden at the touch of his hand on her cheek. It was like something out of a dream and she loved it. She followed the words and all their gibberish, her heart pounding underneath her skin. When he talked about not being worthy of her she felt her stomach turn in knots and her cheeks reddened even more. As her face was pulled closer to his it was like a dream and she loved it. Andrew's lips on hers felt like sweet nectar and she leaned into the kiss, loving every second of it. She didn't care what was going on around her, and really couldn't tell at this point, but she didn't want to know either. This was something she wanted to relish in and savor the moment.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/25/2015, 1:17 am

The kiss was the most amazing sensation Andrew had ever felt. It simply didn't fail to send electricity though him, though in the most incredible way imaginable. He didn't stop kissing her, as he felt her weight gently shift towards him. She was kissing him back. This was actually happening. Andrew didn't stop kissing. He continued, and continued, and continued. He lost count of the seconds. Only stopping for the occasional breath in, so he could continue to kiss the girl of his dreams. His hands both found their way to Lena's waist. Gods, this was something far more amazing than Andrew ever imagined. Pure bliss ran through the entirety of his body. He wanted this. More than anything.

The kiss didn't stop, it continued to go on. Until finally, Andrew gasped for air after having only so many short breaths during their long kiss. Andrew started breathing heavily; their bodies were rightly pressed together and he was still catching his breath. That just happened. Andrew had the most stupid looking grin on his face as he stared at Lena still. "Hi..." He said, happily but unsure of what to say. "So, does that make us more than friends?" Andrew whispered further. Their lips were only mere inches away. He wanted to kiss her again. He wanted to kiss her the entire night.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/16/2015, 12:56 am

Lena lost herself in the feeling of Andrew's lips on hers and wrapped her arms gently around his neck, pulling herself slightly closer to him. Her skin turned to gooseflesh when hands were felt on her waist through the fabric of her long dress. Nothing could have made this moment any better and she knew it. He was one of the very few people she had allowed to get close to her since after her break up with Damien and goin back to being deadly. When she felt like her lungs were going to burst the kiss broke and Lena looked at Andrew like she had never seen him before and they were meeting for the first time.

At the mention of him saying hi and asking a question rather oddly the daughter of Thantos laughed softly to herself.I guess it does. She responded resting her cheek on his chest and breathing in the sweet scent of the night. The flowers mixed with whatever cologne he was wearing made for the greatest way to remember the event and the ball she had so dreaded became only that much more memorable in the long run.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 8/16/2015, 8:51 pm

Andrew had a dumb grin on his face still, that just wasn't going away. The couple was pressed tightly together, which Andrew would have never guessed would end up happening after the jet ride. He'd always had that slight crush on her, and now it had bloomed into something much bigger. Andrew yearned for oxygen to no longer be vital to his survival, but instead, Lena's lips. There was absolutely nothing in the world at the moment besides Lena. And Andrew was happy with that.

"Gods. You're good at accidentally flustering me." Andrew gently whispered to her as a tease. "I'm usual stupid because I talk without thinking. Right now I'm just stupid because I'm nervous." He wanted to remove one of his hands from her waist to play with her hair, though he suspected she might not like that considering all the time she probably took to doll it up. And even if he wanted to, his hands simply weren't leaving Lena's waist, as though his hands were metal plates and her waist was a magnet. "I call unfair. Helen of Troy is supposed to be the most beautiful girl in the world. And here you are out-staging her like it's no big deal." Andrew wasn't sure exactly where the smooth lines were coming from. He kissed the top of her head gently. "If not friends, then what?" He asked.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/16/2015, 9:46 pm

Lena closed her eyes and breathed in his words, while accepting the compliment regarding the woman Helen of Troy. He was like a sun being a way to wash away the darkness that was finally being washed away. Feeling the kiss on the top of her head she could still feel them there even as he spoke to her.I don't even care. She said looking up into Andrew's eyes and getting lost again only to be snapped back to reality by Synyster running to her side and out of breath telling her she needed to go and take Andrew with her, saying their father was furious.

Lena suppressed a growl of anger and ran off into the night gardens, knowing Andrew would follow her. She went to the spot below her bedroom and climbed up the side wall like she had done hundreds of times before and walked into her room.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 8/17/2015, 8:55 pm

Andrew's euphoria died when Synsyster approached the couple. Whether or not it was because the moment was spoiled or because he didn't want to face the real world was something he couldn't tell. Though, before Andrew could even speak a word, Lena was gone. She was nimble, that much had been made apparent. Andrew literally gave his head a shake in order to recompose himself. He eyed Lena's brother for just a brief moment. He wondered if the son of death had witnessed the kiss. Had Jonathan also noticed the kiss? That would definitely explain why he was furious, all of that marrying Lena off non-sense. Andrew nearly smiled at the thought. He was a threat enough to him in a sense that his daughter might one day marry him?

It was pretty flattering, really. But also somewhat terrifying.

Andrew took a last look at Lena's brother. "Thanks for the warning." Andrew blankly stated. "Is he uh... mad about... y'know, I'll talk to you later." He was still adjusting back into the real world after that sudden kiss. Andrew quickly overlooked the balcony once more, bringing his fingers to his lips, ready to whistle for Netha. But before he let the whistle out, he stopped himself. She was out there doing something. Andrew felt a sense of dread as he made the choice to let her be. But without the kiss occupying his mind, he remembered, his missed Netha.

Andrew quickly vaulted over and followed Lena's path that he'd marked mentally. It was almost like he was in some drama TV show, which he loved. It didn't take him long for him to track her to her room, where he opened the door uninvited. He assumed she'd wanted him to follow, as they probably had some things to talk about. "What do you think he's mad about?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/17/2015, 9:08 pm

Lena rolled her eyes and walked into her huge closet before closing the door and emerging in an entirely new outfit. Whistling she heard feet pad down the halls and in ran Stark and Thor, both of whom looked grim and Stark looked like he was about to bite someone's throat out.He hates me. Who knows. I'm busting out though to steal the jet back home. I take it you're going too? She said casually as she fixed her outfit in the mirror and took her hair down, making her eyeliner ring all the way around and give her bright blue eyes an even brighter glow. She looked at Andrew and folded her arms in front of her, tucking her board under her arm.You ride? she said tossing him another black board without decals. Stark and Thor both barked and stood by her side, giving her an even more deadly look.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 8/17/2015, 9:22 pm

Andrew just listened to her speak, as reality was returning to him. He caught the board that she'd thrown to him in his hand, call it a benefit of good marksmanship. "I ride ponies and teacups. That's about it." Andrew said, his old sense of humor was peaking through again once more. He took a long look at Lena. There was no conversation about what had just happened. But, with this whole plan starting to take place, it didn't seem like there would be time to have one at all. The daughter of death looked very differently in just the few moments that had passed, it was almost slightly unnerving, though it didn't sway his loyalty or feelings any, he still couldn't help but feel some sort of emotion towards it. Andrew tossed the skateboard back to her, as it wasn't going to be of any use to him.

"I'm not sure stealing a jet is a good plan, and trust me, as much as I would love to fly one, I have a few more things in life to do before I become a pancake." Andrew jested, looking out the window shortly afterwards. "Besides, you know I can't go anywhere without Netha. If she wasn't with Stark, gods know where she is." Concern laced Andrew's voice, even though the odds of any danger was slim. "Besides, she seems like more of an Australian gal. Facing all sorts of screwed up predators is her thing." He said, turning from her room to leave to his. He took one look back. "Seriously, which is a word I use oh-so-rarely, please reconsider this plan. Either way, I'm grabbing what I need from my room and going to look for Netha. Where should we meet up?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 8/24/2015, 5:23 pm

Lena rolled her eyes and tossed the boards back into her closet.I'll take you to the last place Stark was, we can follow him on the horses. It'll be faster to find Netha on horseback anyways. She said as she moved to her balcony and started climbing down the side of the house. It was ridiculous to think that her step-dad was so beyond mad at her now when he brushed everything off the day prior. That's how John worked though, he aimed to please himself and his not so nice colleagues. Standing on the ground in her boots the daughter of death made her way to the stables and smiled as she heard Thor and Stark running from the house to her side, Stark growling at Thor when he ran faster than the alpha. A few other hounds followed their master and leader as she entered the stable and mounted her horse, waiting for Andrew to do the same.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/1/2015, 11:42 pm

Andrew was mildly frustrated at the luggage he packed. He grabbed everything he absolutely needed, like his phone, passport, and other essentials. He sighed, it would have been nice to know to only bring clothes that would be left behind. But with some luck and love, maybe he would see his beloved pants. "Goodbye, my beloved pants. You fought the good fight and covered up the best of legs. You'll be remembered." The son of Apollo promised.

With some more preparation, Andrew was out the window. He had a rough idea of where he was going, though he hadn't had much time to actually mentally lay out this castle. Just a few days ago he'd been in the United States talking to his wolf in front of a magical cabin. Where had the simplicity gone?

Andrew made it to the stables, full of unfamiliar hounds and horses. Andrew mounted up, next to Lena. "C'mon. I want to see my wolf." Andrew said, some desperation was in his tone. No matter how much he tried to deny it, he was worried about Netha. He hadn't gone so long without her company in a long time now.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 11/2/2015, 12:13 am

Lena gave nod and kicked Mystigan into a full on run. The two looked like something out of a movie, flying through the trees as if there was no such thing as ground and gravity. A few jumps and turns later the daughter of Thantos stopped the horse with her hounds at her side. Stark stood next to his master and the group watched as a grew wolf emerged from the shadows. The albino and grey both started to communicate however they did and Lena simply watched and waited for Andrew to meet her here to help him fin Netha. She had to admit too, the wolf was growing on her as well.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/3/2015, 1:56 pm

"Look, I've spent most of my young-adult-teenagerish-demigod life with Netha. So, I know her well enough to know that there's really only one best way to find her." Andrew said, and you could tell that this was leading into a plan that wasn't so great. "So, I know that we're laying low and all, but I made her a promise of how we'd find one another, so, yeah. Sorry about this. Kinda." Andrew said, a simple shrug. He didn't feel too guilty about it; after all, Lena was the one who'd came up with the crazy plan to steal a jet in the first place.

Andrew placed two fingers in his mouth and gave out as loud of a whistle as he could. He turned back to Lena. "It's the right way to find her. Ever since we met it's how we meet up when we're apart." Which was rare anyways. A few moments passed, and there was nothing. Then there was a howl in the not-so-far distance. Andrew audibly laughed in happiness and releif at the howl. Netha was just fine, like she always was.

"Just wait. She's awesome. She'll make it to us before I could even hope to make progress to her." Andrew promised, and shortly afterwards, surely enough, a silver-looking wolf appeared out of the shrub and bushes.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 11/3/2015, 5:15 pm

Lena whistled and Stark returned back to her side. He sat patiently with a dead look on his face as the wolf looked over the humans and stalked back into the woods. There was no way the wolf was gonna hurt Lena, she had already shown her strength in a fight one her last visit and the alpha didn't want to get himself killed. The daughter of Thantos laid her hand on the hound and waited with him to see where Netha was coming from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 9:26 am