A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Empty dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time

Post by beanie 9/22/2015, 9:31 pm

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Tumblr_n5gwbmI1j51taq6xlo2_250
    "Did You See That Butterfly?!"

La Da Dee La Da Daa~ Autumn's been humming that tune in her head for the past five minutes while she doodled endlessly in her thick doodlebook. For the past while, she has been trying so hard to perfect her newest drawing, mostly trying to keep the details in check and fix any fly aways she spot on the hair line. On top of that, she kept messing up the flowers, especially the one on the top of the braid. It urged her a little that she kept making the petals bent or misshapen. That's why her eyebrows were furrowed and her tongue stuck out in concentration.
    It was.....what time was it actually? She had lost track time to be honest. After breakfast she sat right down on the nearest bench from the Mess Hall and opened her doodle book, pencil in hand. Was it strange that she was giggling while drawing? No wonder that everyone has been giving her strange looks while they're been heading to their less-
    OMG! Autumn eyes literally turned to the size of golf balls. She had completely forgotten about her archery lesson! It probably already started and she was seriously late. But at the same time, she wanted to keep finishing up her sketch. So, being the oh-so-smart Autumn, she decided to walk and draw at the same time.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Empty Re: dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time

Post by daddeme 9/23/2015, 12:01 am

It should have been a rule. Just saying, it should have been a rule for Othello to not be able to wear earphones while walking, because the music starts playing and he is all but unstoppable. The music that was circulating through his head didn't give him that special feeling, so there was nothing to worry about so far. Right? Right.

Anyway, the son of Apollo wasn't running late for once because this was, in fact, his free time of the day which basically meant that he should find some food and dance his heart out. He walked out of the mess hall because the food part was done, and now he was walking towards his cabin to get work on this jazz combo he'd been tinkering with. He wore track pants and an Adidas sweatshirt, dressed for the slightly decreasing weather, and was ready to casually enter his cabin and...

I can move mountains, I can work a miracle (work a miracle - whoa oh)... Othello couldn't help it. He was getting that feeling - that special feeling mentioned a few seconds ago. The one that made his heart beat faster and his mind get all dazed and he was alive. To the tune of "Uma Thurman", Othello went off like a firework and indeed, started to dance like Uma Thurman. He closed his eyes and forgot about all who may have been around him, because this courtyard was his stage. He leapt into the air. Cartwheels, attitudes, three-step tur -

"Oof!" Othello ran smack into someone and fell on his butt, his earphones tumbling out of his ears. He knitted his eyebrows, causing the Band-Aid on his nose to crinkle, and hurriedly stood up to help out the the person he had musically assaulted. "Gods, I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay? Do you need to go to the infirmary?" Jesus could this boy talk. "I don't have a first-aid kit with me, but if you want you can have my Band-Aid. It's Spider-Man."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Empty Re: dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time

Post by beanie 9/23/2015, 9:03 am

A quick line there and.....finished! Autumn was finally satisfied with how the last daisy looked in the braid. That drawing had taken her the last hour or so to finish and if something was to happen to it Autumn would-
    "Eek!" Someone or something smacked into her, making her fall on her butt, her doodle book and pencil sprawled out next to her. "Owe." The daughter of Hebe mumbled, rubbing her head in confusion. That actually really hurt, to be honest, and now her butt feels numb. Out've to corner of her eye, she noticed that her doodle book was about to fly away with the wind. Her eyes popped wide as she quickly snatched her favorite thing in the world, along with her pencil. Just to be safe, she flipped through the pages, just to make sure all of her doodles were okay. All of them were, except for one.
    Her most recent one, the sketch she's been working on for most of the morning, had a deep, dark pencil mark striking right across the page. Now it was ruined! Autumn pouted, she almost felt like she was going to cry.

"Look what you made me do!" She pouted, crossing her arms like a child who couldn't get any desert for not eating their dinner. "I've spent the entire morning trying to complete this drawing! I even missed archery, my favorite class, just to finish this and now you-" She was going to pout eve more, but stopped short when she saw the person hovering over her with a concerned look on their face. He was so cute! Okay, now she felt bad for yelling at her.
    Autumn quickly checked herself, making sure that her hipster glasses were secured on her face and that there wasn't mud or dirt on her at all. No, she still looked good in her crisp white blouse with a blue bowtie, denim skinny jeans and canvas sneakers. Her hair was still in the messy braid as well and her baby blue painted nails were not caked with dirt.
    "S-Sorry for yelling, I was just a little mad that my sketch is a little messed up." She explained while closing her doodle book shut. "I-I'm Autumn." The brunette introduced in her posh British accent.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 9/23/2015, 5:32 pm

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Tumblr_m3kzpfS9De1ro9rd0

Othello blew out a long breath of air, pushing his hair back. She was mad at him. She was very mad at him, and Othello was not used yo that. Everyone was usually happy when he came around and danced and complimented them. Then again all of those people never had something very important to them ruined because of him. Oh dear.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know how I messed up anything I...Please don't be mad." Othello, you just messed up something that mattered to someone. She's already mad. he felt extra bad that she had missed her class, like it was his fault. He felt personally responsible for it and he really wanted to hug this stranger, but she was a stranger and not all strangers liked his hugs. He tugged on the end of his sweatshirt and looked down at his black Adidas (matching is very important sometimes) with little doodles on the white border as he awaited to get scolded some more. Scolding hurt his feelings.

Only she didn't continue, so Othello looked at her again to see that she was looking herself over. Oh no, he hoped that he didn't mess up her clothes. She spoke again, much kinder than before, and a very Othello-like smile grew on his face.

"I would be upset, too. I'm super sorry for messing it up, I should have been paying more attention." Othello let go of his sweatshirt to extend a hand for Autumn to shake. "I'm Othello. Your accent is pretty."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/27/2015, 4:56 pm

Autumn literally blushed as she took the boy's hand to shake it and pull herself to her feet. So he was sweet and cute. "Oh no, no! I guess it's really not your fault." She said frantically, waving her hands back and forth while she spoke. "I wasn't watching where I was going so it's also partially my fault. Besides, I can always try and recreate it later. So it was as much my fault as it was your fault." She looked down sheepishly, a little embarrassed with the fact that she just yelled at some random stranger. It was extremely embarrassing and this boy probably thinks she's such a mean person.
    It was just then when she noticed the boy was still talking. Oh, he was introducing himself. "Othello? That's such a cool and unique name!" Autumn squealed, clasping her hands together. I mean, it wasn't often she finds someone with a cool name! "My names Autumn. I like your name, it's really cool."
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 9/28/2015, 10:08 pm

"No, no, it is. I sometimes don't look where I'm spinning and...this actually happens a lot." He replied in the same frantic voice, though it grew shy at the end. Othello should really pay attention to his surroundings more often. "I hate to have redo something that you seemed to be working hard on. May I see it? How much did I mess up?"

Othello liked pretty things, especially anything having to do with the arts. Seeing things that were aesthetically pleasing gave him inspiration, and sometimes he would create a special piece dedicated to that one thing. His most recent one was a photograph of the New York skyline taken by a friend, and Othello composed a combo and sent it to be them bfor their birthday. It was great. "Thank you! My mom really likes Shakespeare, which makes sense because she's a teacher. Only she teaches math so I don't understand where the Shakespeare part comes in. It would make much more sense if she taught English of something." He was talking a lot again, only he didn't notice it. He just knew that Autumn was kind, interesting, and, well, aesthetically pleasing to be honest. And she also got excited, which got Othello excited. His smile widened, if that was even possible. "I like your name, too! Where are you from, by the way? I'm from California. Southern California. Palm Springs. It's nice and hot and - sorry, I'm talking too much." There is was. Othello noticed it this time and his ears grew red, his eyes turning to his shoes again.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/4/2015, 8:14 pm

No body ever really asks to see Autumn's drawings and she is not prepared to be sharing. Which is why her cheeks turned pink and she bit her lip in thought. She doesn't want to be criticized for her lame drawings. Then again, Othello seemed nice enough to not be mean with her. "O-Okay. But I'll warn you, it's my best." She whispered, flipping through the pages of her sketchbook to find her messed up drawing. When she found the page, Autumn hesitantly handed her book to Othello. She shifted her eyes to the ground, waiting for othello's comments.

However his next words made her look up and laugh with a twinkle in her eyes. "That's so funny! I don't know why my dad named me Autumn, though I'm not complaining. Autumn's my favorite season and my last name, Winters, is my second so it's pretty funny." Autumn squealed as Othello kept speaking. He seemed to have a habit babbling like Autumn and that was so cute. "Oh no! It's fine. I like it when you speak!" She said bluntly, smiling wide. "Oh, I'm from England, London more specifically. To be honest, I like it when it's a lot colder."
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 10/11/2015, 12:35 pm

dancing, walking, and drawing at the same time Tumblr_nt4whkrJ4Q1smlepwo1_500
    "At least you can draw. All I can make are misshapen stick figures." Which was true. One time during volunteering at the Children's Hospital, he drew a diagram to describe how he did a turn. He almost got kicked out because his drawing was deemed "inappropriate", but he had to explain that it wasn't intentional as well s apologize a bunch of times. Othello turned his attention back to the present and took the book from Autumn, examine the picture that he had defiled. He gasped just under his breath. The picture was so beautiful on its own that Othello doubted that anything in the world could ruin it. "Autumn, this is amazing! Oh, I wish I'd been watching where I was going!"

Othello cocked his head to the side and laughed along with her, because laughter is very contagious and a very wonderful thing to share with others. "Autumn Winters is a very pretty name!" He smiled brightly, still looking at his shoes in fear of saying too much. However, her next words made him lift his head up, his ears growing even redder, but his smile still just as big as before. "Oh, uh, thank you. A lot of people don't like when I talk too much, but then I talk more and I just can't stop and it keeps going and going until the other person leaves. But I don't want you to leave yet, because you're awesome." Othello explained in a very fast torrent of words. "Whoa! That's far away! You see, I don't do well with the cold. I like it when it's hot like the desert and every time you breathe you slowly feel yourself dehydrating." Othello looked off somewhere as he imagined the death that is Southern California, then looked back at Autumn. "But then you go to Venice Beach and get shaved ice and everything's all good! Actually, I didn't think I would survive the winter here my first year at Camp."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/16/2015, 5:33 pm

Autumn's cheeks were pretty much the color as tomatoes with all of complements that Othello was throwing at her. The big history for her is that she got compliments but she has never gotten as much as Othello was giving her. It felt really nice to have someone liking her talents so much. "T-Thanks Othello. Not many people complement me like you do. I-It feels nice." She blushed as he kept complementing her. "Though I know I probably couldn't dance like you could."
    Next he was blushing and it was adorable. Autumn had to giggle. They were so alike; they both talked a lot, were overexcitable, and were absolutely hyper. "Thank you! I just love London, well mostly because I was born there and it was my home before camp but it's absolutely beautiful. Most of the people were so friendly, except for that old lady that yelled at me whenever I passed her house on the way to school." She muttered the last part at the mention of her neighbor, Ms. Cat Lady. She doesn't even remember the old woman's name. "And to be honest, I don't think I could last a day in Venice Beach. It's a little too hot for me. "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 4:53 pm