A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

New demigod

music of life

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-10-17

New demigod Empty New demigod

Post by music of life 10/17/2015, 1:38 pm

Name: Lily Hamlin
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Medium length, Naturally wavy,Blonde
    Height: 5'3
    Body Type: Narrow, a bit skinny
    Skin Color: Fair
    God Parent: Khione
    Mortal Parent:  Joshua Hamlin, A Spain native who moved to the US as a child. He worked as a farmer in Northern Minnesota. He spoke mainly Spanish to Lily and taught her a bit of French.
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: none
    Talents: Has an ear for learning foreign languages, knows Spanish, English and a bit of french before camp, and at camp picks up Greek  quickly,  dexterity with her hands, knows the chemistry of how to make explosives, is a pianist
    Weapon**:  3' Celestial bronze broad sword
    Personality: Joyful, loves to be around friends, extrovert, has a moderate to quick temper, loves  the occasional prank, stubborn in her beliefs, doesn't like to talk about past, but doesn't ignore the the fact that the past happened either, has the ability to be extremely focused on something for a long period of time with out becoming bored,long attention span,  very passionate about nature, languages, reading and music, is persistent, moderately athletic, enjoys running and softball, dislikes to lie to people, can be  blunt, detests hypocrites, goes out of her way not to be one.
    Flaws: moderate  misophonia,  can be arrogant, jumps to conclusions about people based on appearance or small facts, argues about unimportant details too much and feels a if she has too win the argument
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):  immune to cold up to 0°C. Can make the air around her in a five foot radius a degree or two colder with her emotions
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Can create blizzards, with wind speeds up to 30mph and up to a foot of snow covering a 15 foot radius of her. It takes about 3-5 posts to make but it is very draining and she can't control them for very long, only 4 posts, with a cool down of 7 posts. Power over snow which is much less draining, but she can't do anything that complicated like create snow or animate snow for more then 5 posts, with a 3 post cool down.  
    Life Before Camp*:  Lily and her father lived in northern Minnesota, where there are few people and the weather can be harsh. They lived on a small, 35 acre cattle and chicken farm. Her father was a farmer by trade.  Lily had  few friends her age in the area, and did okay in school. She was a few years advanced in languages, so that when she was in 7th grade she was taking classes with juniors.Since the middle school and high school had the same hours and were in the same building, it wasn't much of a  scheduling problem. She and her father were  close, and talked to each other about almost anything. One subject her father was careful to avoid was her mother, but Lily stopped caring after she realized it didn't matter. In the middle of seventh grade, a new boy came to her school and was in her grade. That was odd for her small town, and he was the first new kid in three years to the whole school district. He and Lily became fast friends. He turned out to be a satyr, and brought lily to camp over spring break, a few days before her early April 13th birthday. She was claimed by Khione on her second day at camp. After spring break she did go back to Minnesnowda, as a true Minnesotan calls it, and finished 7th grade there to avoid suspicion. She spent the summer at camp and decided to spend the whole year there, as her father had rented out their farm for the year and had gone back to Spain to care for his ailing mother and father.
    RP Example*:  I love capture the flag. Being in the woods running around and trying to beat the other team, being able to fight with real swords and weapons, it 's heaven!  Granted, I was still learning how to use a sword, so I'm not the best at it . So, for the time being, I was on broader patrol. Nothing had happened on my section yet, but the red team had the Athena cabin, and I had a feeling that they would go for the weakest link. At least the flag was at the other end of my team's half. Sure enough, a group of people appeared at the other edge of the woods. There were five of them, and one of me. This wasn't going to end well.  
    Any notes about your characters:Lily has a Minnesotan accent.

Last edited by music of life on 10/26/2015, 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : elaborated a bit)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

New demigod Empty Re: New demigod

Post by Kendall 10/17/2015, 2:16 pm

Maybe elaborate more on her ability.

Powers:
    - What's the worst wound/illness she could heal?
    - To clarify: She can only heal one thing per usage (3 posts)?

LBC:
    - So Lily was taking language classes with high school kids? How was that arranged?

music of life

Female

Post by music of life 10/18/2015, 1:16 pm

ok. I fixed the problems. Are there any other mistakes?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 10/20/2015, 6:47 pm

-what do you mean by dexterity?
    -she probably wouldn't learn much latin at chb.
    -how long is her sword?

abilities are things that your character can do without putting forth any energy, like percy talking to horses or sea creatures. powers take energy and have limits.

-immune to cold is a bit much for a demigod. she can have extreme resistance down to a certain temperature.
    -controlling snow is ok, but it needs limits. that has to be a power.

-please fix the references to apollo in the life before camp.

-the rp example can be in either 3rd or 1st person, whichever the author prefers.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/23/2015, 4:14 pm

So I see you edited your form -- next time please post when you've edited so we know we can check your form again.

Abilities:
    - I'm pretty sure our limit for cold resistance for Khione kids is much higher -- around 30 degrees F, I think, so you'll need to raise that. (Even if Minnesota still sends its kids to school in -20 to -27 degree conditions, the kids aren't standing outside for hours on end in that weather.)
    - How does she make the air around her colder? Does she just need to walk into the room and be there?
    - How much colder can she make the air?
    - How much of an area can she affect with this ability?

Powers:
    - How much of an area do her blizzards take up? (Our limit is a 30 ft radius around her.)
    - How long does it take to make a blizzard?
    - How much snow can this create, and how fast are wind speeds?
    - What types of things can she do with snow?
    - Can she generate snow herself without having to create a blizzard?

music of life

Female

New demigod Empty edited

Post by music of life 10/26/2015, 4:03 pm

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/29/2015, 3:30 pm

Powers:
    - So as she makes them, does the blizzard gradually become larger and larger around her?
    - If yes, is it possible to stop the blizzard if she gets distracted by something (like arrows or some other attack)?
    - I think you can raise the wind speeds up if you want.
    - How much snow can she create if she's using her more general snow controlling power?
    - How much can she animate?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/28/2024, 1:42 pm