A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it) Empty Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/26/2015, 5:21 am

This was better than a hoverboard. This was better than skiing. Frick, this was even better than coconut ice cream. My outstretched fingers cut through the atmosphere, my body angled to catch the different wind layers, free streaks  flickering around my face under my helmet. My skin felt like it was getting cut off my face with an ice knife, but the feeling was far too good for me to consider slowing down.
    I folded my wings forward and rushed down to the treetops, opening again only two or three meters before impact. Carried by the momentum, my feet slapped into a tall pine and I hissed out a cussword. Pulling my wings down a few times, I rose up a couple meters, enough to see the last rays of sun light glowing over Long Island Sound. Tiny shapes were playing volleyball on the beach, smoke was rising from the forge where some campers were doing some late-night blacksmithing. The wind was so loud in my ears I couldn't hear anything else, feel anything else than the razor-sharp cold. It was as if the air around me was solid.
    Closing my wings, I let myself drop.
    My surroundings melted into a soup of colors. Sky, sea, forest, red, purple, green, yellow, I couldn't make out anything as I toppled down with increasing speed, like a broken puppet. My body grew numb.
    I was about to fall into the Zephyros Creek (probably slamming my bones open in the process) when I spread my wings again, diving back up into the sky. Stars were starting to glitter in the deep indigo, still faintly streaked with glowing pink clouds. I could keep going forever, just keep flying, never set foot on land again... But my muscles were sore and ached, my shoulders trembled and I felt a cramp approaching. Closing my eyes, I let myself fall backwards and aimed for the Zephyros Creek again, the crescent of water glistening with soft ripples. A few moments before impact I opened my wings, beating them a few times before letting myself drop the last half-meter onto the shore.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it) Empty Re: Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it)

Post by Green 11/1/2015, 11:29 pm

Alex was out, looking around and enjoying the greenery that the forest was decorated in. Fall was approaching and soon his powers would be watered down. That was one thing he hated about his powers: Being weaker in the Fall and Winter. The son of Demeter waved his hand over a small section, causing an entire apple tree to grow. He would be able to do that again until Spring came along.

He plucked a rip red apple off of a branch when he sa---was that Morgan with wings?! Holy sh*t! All Alex could do was stare as she landed on the shore. "I swear with each passing moment I am amazed by your magic."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it) Empty Re: Unleash a million drones (solo but you can join in if you feel like it)

Post by Morgan Landry 11/2/2015, 4:22 am

I collapsed on the sand, my arms spread out. The brown feathers of my wings shivered a little in the cold night wind and sweat coated my face as I took my helmet off, letting it drop in the sand next to me.

"Dead," I said, rubbing a hand over my eyes. I couldn't quite feel it up there but once I was back on land, it took only seconds for the effort and exhaustion to kick in. I stayed motionless maybe a minute or so, panting hard, before looking up and waving to Alex. I had sensed his presence thanks to our empathy link and I couldn't help but smile wide when I saw him. "How you doing?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 7:18 pm