A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Jacquelyn Blake

JacquelynCC
    JacquelynCC

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2016-04-18

Jacquelyn Blake Empty Jacquelyn Blake

Post by JacquelynCC 4/18/2016, 2:03 am

Name: Jacquelyn Blake
    Eyes: Dark blue
    Hair: Shoulder length, extremely light blonde, almost white
    Height: 5'8"
    Body Type: Tall and slender and toned muscles
    Skin Color: very fair
    God Parent: so I was having this idea that what if there were 2 people that were children of Bellona and Pax and they fell in love and ran off and hid their child so now there is this baby that is the grandchild of the Goddesses of War and Peace.
    Mortal Parent: Demigod of Pax- Elena Grey and Demigod of Bellona- Jacob Blake
    Country of Origin: France. Both parents were American but they ran away to France (elena grew up here) to elope so Jacquelyn still sounds very american
    Pets: none
    Talents: social justice warrior, poetry, pain tolerance is really high, she is extremely smart and solves problems just as quickly as she makes them
    Weapon**: whatever is around her so her wit
    Personality: fights for people that need it, always stays informed and gets amazing grades, she can seem secluded sometimes but loves people and talking to them. She is shy at first but opens up when you get to know her and she can be quite outgoing. She has a lot of personal struggle but hides it from those around her and downplays how poorly she feels constantly.
    Flaws: if you think teenage hormones are bad, try having war and peace both inside you, she can get very irritable and sad, always misunderstood and indecisive, she is always second guessing herself and everything about her, with everything in her constantly contradicting, she feels useless
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): she's a wonderful negotiator to find peace and always stands up for what is right which she has because of her godly parts
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): she has a green thumb but no patience to garden, she isn't very knowledgeable about what she can do because she's always worked to suppress her godly parts
    Life Before Camp*: Her parents were the demigod version of Romeo and Juliet but they succeeded- sorta. They were campers and in love and it was wrong so they fled and hid, had a beautiful baby girl in France and named her a name suited for her paradox. "Jacquelyn" means beautiful, strong, smart, intelligent, kind, etc. While "Blake" means dark meadow. Something that's supposed to be beautiful that may just not be. Two young demigods on their own attracted monsters and while saving his small family, Jacob died. Jacquelyn was yet to be born when the incident happened and Elena fled to Paris, swearing to protect her child and little piece of her lover forever. Jacquelyn always struggled with her feelings and was diagnosed with multi-personality disorder and her mother took her to therapy where she recommended to pick up a hobby. She began ballet when she was 6 and has now been dancing for 11 years. Jacquelyn has also picked up poetry and it helps maintain who she is. Regardless of her calming hobbies, she wasn't really a good kid. Her friends were pierced and smoked and wore black skinny jeans. Jacquelyn felt calm with that group and they were really chill with her ever since they saw what happened when this one kid wouldn't leave her alone. Her friends were definitely not mom-approved but they weren't nearly as scary as they seemed. In fact, they were the ones to pull her away from the edge more times than any of them care to admit. She remained off the radar for 17 years and then her heritage caught up with her and her mother.
    RP Example*: (I don't particularly know what you are looking for so here goes) I twisted my striped shirt between my fingers as I was lead across the camp grounds. A few kids stared, I guess I'm not exactly what they are used to seeing around here. I wiped at the dry blood on my face and tilt my head up, I was not going to let them think I was as weak as I felt within minutes of arriving. My mom called this place, "Camp Half Blood," whatever the hell that means. The more I held my head up the more I felt like crying. I wish I could control these "personality swings" as my therapist says. What the hell am I?
    Any notes about your characters: I don't know if you will go for the idea or not but I've spent hours making this and I'm really excited and hope I can use this character. I think it would be very interesting to develop her story.

Last edited by JacquelynCC on 4/18/2016, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Jacquelyn Blake Empty Re: Jacquelyn Blake

Post by Kendall 4/18/2016, 1:01 pm

Unfortunately, we don't allow Greek legacies -- so you'll have to change her story to being a normal demigod. Sorry. (You could perhaps try making her a Roman, since we do allow Roman legacies.)

Add more to her personality.

Both her abilities are more like talents. Same with her "power."
    JacquelynCC
    JacquelynCC

Female

Post by JacquelynCC 4/30/2016, 12:41 pm

I edited it!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 4/30/2016, 1:24 pm

Hello!

- Why was the parents' love story seen as wrong? There's nothing wrong with demigods being together as long as they don't have the same god parent.
    - She needs a weapon if she's in the legion. Standard weapons are gladius, pilum and pugio but she can have a spatha or bow and arrows if she wants.
    - Her powers have to take energy and relate to her god parents. Those arent really powers.
    - I know a lot of people who're pierced, smoke, wear dark clothing, and are super nice persons. If you want to say she hands out with a bad crowd, just do so.
    - If she's Roman, she goes to Camp Jupiter, not Camp Half-Blood. She's supposed to be found by the wolves, who lead her to the Wolf's House in Sonoma valley, where Lupa tests and trains her and, if she thinks her worthy, gives her directions to Camp Jupiter.

Your form looks good, it's really well done. But, I'm an Ancient History student who's revising for a Roman history exam, and  I'm afraid to say there's something that's not quite right with the character itself.

Peace and war went hand in hand in ancient Rome, and were often the same. Peace was probably one of the most war-like concepts out there. I know it sounds contradictory, but here's why: Romans had a mentality of, let's attack others before they can attack us. That's how they ended up conquering so many territories: through defensive imperialism (that's the term used to describe it). In order to get peace, they waged war -- ever heard of si vis pacem para bellum? It's an aeon-old Roman saying that means exactly that: if you want peace, prepare war.

If you're going to make a Roman child of Pax peaceful and calm, you're going the wrong way, because peace was the excuse (or the reason) Romans used to go out there and attack other people.
    JacquelynCC
    JacquelynCC

Female

Post by JacquelynCC 4/30/2016, 1:43 pm

Okay honestly I'm not very knowledgeable on Roman mythology but I wanted a legacy so I'm just going to scrap that part and try to work in my concept with Greek mythology but thank you for helping me out!
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 5/6/2016, 1:03 am

Just remember, after you edit, to let us approvers and admins know. :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 3:03 pm