A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

fighting? [OPEN!]

azoreo
    azoreo

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2016-02-14

fighting? [OPEN!] Empty fighting? [OPEN!]

Post by azoreo 5/8/2016, 6:07 pm

Adri had only been at camp for a few days and she was having nightmares. Her eyes flew open one morning and she was dripping with sweat. She looked around her cabin and everyone had already gone to breakfast. Adri wasn't hungry so she put her thick red hair in a messy ponytail, threw on sweatpants and a tank and went to go practice her sword skills. When she got there it was pretty empty except for a few demigods who had the same idea. Adri looked for someone who looked willing to practice with her. Her eyes landed on you. She walked over and said, "Hey! I'm Adri. mind if I practice with you?"

Last edited by azoreo on 6/7/2016, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2016-01-15

fighting? [OPEN!] Empty Re: fighting? [OPEN!]

Post by AutumnSiren 5/12/2016, 1:07 am

"Yeah, sure. But I must warn you, I have little experience with sword fighting, unless you count fighting with sticks." Josh said in a strange combination of sleepiness and energy.
    He hadn't slept very well last night, halfly because of nightmares and halfway because of bad memories. So, he did the most logical thing to him, get a bagel and go practice some sword fighting skills.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/14/2016, 1:55 pm

Adri smiled and pulled out her sword, "I'm pretty bad at this myself." She took a step back with her sword up and ready.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/14/2016, 2:27 pm

Josh took a step back and held up his Stygian Iron blade. With his blade at the ready he smirked. "Well, let's get this started shall we?"
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/14/2016, 2:35 pm

Adri charged. Their blades clashed and in no time she was dripping with sweat.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/14/2016, 3:13 pm

Josh parryed Adri's blade and attempted to trip her with his leg pulling on hers from behind. He sweated lightly, he never sweated enough to actually start dripping with sweat the only reason his lower than normal body temperature.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/14/2016, 4:21 pm

Adri saw Josh's attempt to try and trip her and quickly jumped. She landed on all fours and swung her legs around to knock him off his feet
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/15/2016, 1:47 am

Josh did something a little unorthodox for a sword fight, he cartwheeled over Andi's legs and used the momentum from said cartwheel to create an arch with his swing aiming the flat of his blade for his opponents torso.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/15/2016, 4:37 pm

Adri jumped in surprise from being hit. She spun around to see Josh smiling. "Got some moves" Adri said "but now its my turn." And once again their swords met, but Adri pushed with more force than before and knocked Josh down.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/15/2016, 11:52 pm

"I wouldn't really call them moves, more like creative and innovative thinking, and knowing how to use momentum in the most effective manner." He had said after he had rolled backwards from getting shoved down. He tried his best to kill any smile that tried to show it's self on his face. He went for a horizontal swipe to Adri's midfrift with the flat of his blade.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/16/2016, 12:19 am

"How's this for 'creative and innovative thinking'? " said Adri. As she saw Josh's blade coming towards her, Adri did 3 backhand springs and stuck the landing. She looked up at Josh, smirked and said, "now that's how you use momentum in the most effective manner."
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/16/2016, 10:27 pm

"Yes, yea it is. Now, try doing that when being attack by three harpies." He grinned and shuffled the ground under Adri's feet. The force from that and the how sudden the ground shift was it would probably knock a horse on its side, or at least make it unbalanced.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/16/2016, 10:56 pm

Somehow the ground moved.Adri stumbled backwards and fell. "How did you do that?" she demanded.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/16/2016, 11:23 pm

"Skele-magic." He raised his hands and wriggled his fingers in her direction. "But seriously magic is how I did that and this." He started digging her sword into the ground, moving the dirt out from under the blade and moving it on top of it.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/16/2016, 11:33 pm

"We're still not done and I don't need magic to beat you" Adri said. She picked up her sword, "lets finish this" she said smirking.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/18/2016, 12:18 am

"No, no you don't need magic, neither do I." He readied his blade, and started planning some tatical moves, like aiming for the least fatal spots on her body, then charged the flat of his blade for her sword arm.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/18/2016, 12:42 am

Josh's sword hit Adri's sword arm and she dropped the sword. Adri saw Josh smiling and quickly reached her hand in her pocket and pulled out a small knife. "1st rule of combat, Never come unprepared" Adri said. She ran towards Josh, he stuck out his sword to stop her but Adri ducked and held her knife to his throat.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/19/2016, 12:18 am

"You should always try to out smart you opponent too, using anything you can." He was starting to wonder how this was starting to turn into a sword fighting lesson rather than a practice.
    He raised his blade to to the back of her neck, if one of them died in this position than the other might too. He also grabbed his quarter staff off his back slid it in between his throat and the Adri's knife, sure the ice coldness of the Stygian Iron was a little uncomfortable but nothing he couldn't handle.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/20/2016, 6:18 pm

Adri lowered the knife and took a step back "where is this advise coming from? Thought you said you weren't very good"
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/20/2016, 7:01 pm

He cocked his head to the side, like a dog when it's interested in something. "I thought that was common knowledge. It's kinda obvious, you use what ever you can to win. And outsmarting your opponent, that goes with out changing. And even though I said I wasn't very good, I don't think I'm good, that doesn't mean anything on what I have experienced." He sheathed his sword, holding Stygian iron quarter staff in his fingerless gloved hands.
    "Also if you don't mind, I kinda want to practice with this."
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/22/2016, 4:33 pm

Adri lowered her knife. "I don't mind at all" she replied, "show me what you got."
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/24/2016, 1:18 am

"Alright, I'll try." He fell into a different fighting stance to help with the weapon change, that also mention a tactics change as well. He swept down wards towards Adri's ankles. Then he remembered a completely useless detail, he hadn't given Adri his name. Thank you, you useless brain he thought. "I'm Josh by the way, I don't think I introduced myself." He said mid-swipe.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/28/2016, 3:52 pm

"Well hello there josh" Adri said after she dogged Josh's swipe at her feet. "Its nice to meet you."
    Then Adri ran up to josh with her sword up. It looked like she was coming at his chest so Josh held up his quarter staff, but at the last second Adri slid down and knocked him off his feet with the flat of her blade.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 5/30/2016, 2:49 pm

Josh landed on his side and rolled to the side incase if Adri was going to slash down, he got up and jumped over Adri using his quarter staff as leverage to propell himself. He then jabbed an end of the staff to her back.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 5/31/2016, 2:42 pm

Adri fell and summersaulted forwards from being hit by the quarter staff. What an odd choice of weapon she thought for a moment before turning around and charging again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 1:23 pm