A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Taking Action

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Taking Action Empty Taking Action

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 10:15 am

Brother wait! Malik shouted as Synyster barged into Chiron's office furious as ever. Chiron! I need at least four of your best demigods to go to my home and keep it safe. He said slamming his hands on the table, a hurt look in his eyes. The youngest of the siblings had fallen into a coma and none of them knew for how long she would be in that state. Syn was taking it the worst of the family seeing as he looked out for his sister all her life.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Taking Action Empty Re: Taking Action

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 10:56 am

Chiron, accustomed to these sorts of outbursts from centuries of dealing with gods and their children, looked at Synyster and Malik with a raised eyebrow as he turned away from his bookshelf to face them fully. It had been a quiet week, no major injuries or shenanigans to deal with by the campers, but he knew it was too good to last. Aah well. He wasn't exactly used to peace anyway. "May I ask what you need this protection for? It's rather rude to burst in and demand something without at least giving an explanation."

[ooc: I suppose you already have these people ready to use?]
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 11:08 am

I'm really sorry Chrion, sir. I tried to get him to stop but he won't listen to me. Malik said trying to pull his brother away from the desk. My sister. Our sister. Is currently in a coma back home nad none of us know why. There are demigods running around here like mad men about something called Lear and with us just having he dance I am willing to bet that there is a good chance she is there just waiting for her chance to kill my sister. So please get off your horse @ss and help us! Syn shouted slamming his hands on the table again and Malik seemed to cower by the door in fear of his own kin.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 11:20 am

Chiron calmly stared at him for a moment, frankly wondering if the boy was in his right mind right now. He folded his arms across his chest and glowered down at him, seeming to grow almost a foot taller as he squared his shoulders and stood to proper height, tone commanding and almost cold as he replied, "Firstly, you are still being very vague -- are there others with her? Do you know what she'd been doing at the time, if some parental figure is around? Secondly, being rude to me and slamming your hands on my table is not going to get you help any faster. You are hysterical; calm yourself, or you will get yourself into trouble by jumping to conclusions and not thinking properly, which helps nobody in this situation. Thirdly, assuming Lear is after your sister based on what little information we have about this thing is irrational -- is there evidence of Lear being around your home? Someone named Lear leaving notes or sending things after your sister? If not, do not speak to me of it unless there is physical evidence. Do not be a fool; if your sister is truly in danger you are making it worse by not thinking straight. Sit down."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 11:43 am

Malik took a few tentative steps forward. If it would be of any help I may have overheard something Andrew said about the fact that there were so many people at the dance that the Lear was a good chance that she was there. I know it's not much to go off of but Lena was bucked from Cressida without warning and that horse didn't even throw her off when a pack of wolves was circling her. James said there wasn't a hellhound for miles in the woods that night, at least that's what Andy told me. He said fiddling with his fingers while Syn was sitting in the chair clutching the arms while his knuckles turned white.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 11:53 am

"How many people? This was not a camp-sanctioned dance, so I would have little knowledge of who went and where; it was very dangerous for one to be held out of camp, so I will be reprimanding whoever planned it and spread the information in camp after this is sorted. Furthermore: How do you know Lear is a she? How was information spread about the dance initially, and who besides those in camp would know?" A pause, and then he continued: "Hell hounds would not be the only monster capable of scaring a horse. If you could somehow arrange for an IM to be sent to Cressida, we could have someone ask her what happened if nobody at the dance was capable of speaking to horses." Chiron, much more satisfied with Malik's explanation, picked up a pen to jot down some notes on a paper pad sitting on his desk. Horse bucked off Lena, no monsters around? Lena in coma. Dance with lots of people, Lear?

[ooc: I'm assuming the dance wasn't camp-sanctioned because I can't fathom why Chiron or Mr. D would let them hold one outside of camp, especially since there's such a high risk of monsters with so many demigods in one place. Like they can't control what they do outside, but Chiron would still be angry that someone almost died because of this.]
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 12:04 pm

It was my mother's idea to have everyone over for a Spring dance. She had been wanting to have the house full of people again but we haven't held a ball there for ages. I guess it was all of us that caused it. Cressida is a Clydesdale Mare, sir. The dance was sign up only so mom knew how to cater for it but i would say a good few dozen demigods were there and a few of my moms older friends who were demigods were there as well. So in total i would say about fifty. He admitted as Synyster shot him death glare after death glare due to how open he was being about the dance and what was happening to their sister.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 12:17 pm

"Then I'd like the full list of guests, caterers, whoever had access to your home during the ball, if you would be so kind, so I can account for all those who should be in camp and aren't." Chiron scribbled down a few more notes, a bit sloppily because he was trying to write so fast, but it still looked legible enough for him to reread later when he would discuss this with Dionysus. "I will also be speaking to your mother about this later, so tell her to expect an IM from me; I do not take this lightly, for holding a dance with so many demigods without consulting me or Dionysus was incredibly foolish of all of you. Tell her I will also send an IM to Cressida, so be sure to have her in a quiet area with someone you trust watching her. Corral all the guests into your home, make sure everyone is accounted for, and keep a watch in case someone tries to do something. I will consider forming a group to go over and investigate, but this will take some time. It would increase risk of monster attacks if I add more demigods to the equation, therefore I must be careful in who I send."

He paused for a moment, tapping his pen on the notepad as he wondered aloud, "Any security systems in your home?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 12:44 pm

Malik nodded his head. "I'll let mother know you'll be in touch with her and to have Cressida moved to the private stables nearest to the house for safety. She meant well sir, the house gets really lonely with her new husband traveling so much and the younger kids being gone often for school things. Lena's never been the one to get hurt, believe it or not it was always us." Malik laughed as Syn got up and paced a the door. The middle child looked to his older brother and frowned a little. "To be honest, we didn't think many demigods were going to want to travel to New Zealand, Syn and Lena aren't the nicest campers here to begin with." He admitted before sitting in the chair calmly but rather grimly. He just wanted his sister to be safe and wake up, that was all any of them wanted.

Our mother believes Lena is here right now and she's letting a friend use her room, just so she won't freak out when she sees her youngest daughter with the first love she ever had hooked to an IV without moving so much as breathing. Syn finally spoke up. Malik began tapping his heel repeatedly out of nerves as James trotted in and sat next to his master, the hellhound's head in his lap. "Jonathan set up extensive cameras in the house but left the bed and bathrooms unmonitored. He's the only one with the code to view the camera and the computers to do so." Malik said resting his hand on James. "He also hates the three of us and you as well, sir."

Jonathan was never one to really get along with the supernatural aspect of his wife's life, nor did he like the fact of her cheating on him twice and have Malik as well as Lena. He hated Chiron with a fiery passion for supposedly making this his fault.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 1:01 pm

"How convenient," Chiron sighed with a shake of his head. "I will speak to him as well, if he will lend me his ear; if not, warn him worse things are to come if he does not heed me. I don't mean to threaten him, but if we don't get access to that security system I will be forced to ask someone rather more threatening than I to speak to him. Unless Hephaestus is more than willing to access the system for me -- much easier to do and also it would be incredibly easy for him. I'll see when he can do so if Jonathan will not bend." If the situation weren't so dire, he might have chuckled. Chiron made it a point to explain as much as he could to mortal parents about camp and the mythologies, but sometimes they just didn't want to listen. "I'm sure your mother meant well, but that does not excuse any of you from being so rash about this dance and its planning. Especially all the way in New Zealand -- so far from camp and its protection, with such a large group. Utter foolishness, and how could you overlook the threat of monsters and whatever 'Lear' is?"

Chiron thought a moment, scratching his cheek with the capped end of his pen to consider alternate possibilities and questions. "So -- to be clear, Lena is in a hospital? Or at home? If at home, how far is the nearest hospital? And who is or was with her?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 1:22 pm

"Jonathan won't budge, he doesn't even let his coworkers use his things. I would say Hephaestus would be an easier thing to do than try and get it from out step-father." Our father is an @ss, sir. Syn added fluidly while looking out the window at the camp and it's people. Lena's at home with an old Apollo camper who left camp and is now in her bedroom under 24 hour surveillance from Jamison as well as her hunting hound. Syn said leaning against the wall and crossing his tattooed arms in front of his chest. "She was with Andrew the night it all happened. She went out for a very early morning ride like usual and from what Syn told me, she was just bucked off Cressida and the mare went back to the stables."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 1:35 pm

Chiron nodded, writing down on his desk calendar to contact Hephaestus about Jonathan's surveillance system. "I see. Who is Jamison? And Andrew is the Apollo camper, correct? How could your mother not notice Lena was home? I don't know the extent of this Apollo camper's medical knowledge, but I feel as if you may need outside help to keep Lena alive and healthy. Do you have respirators? Heart monitors? How do you keep track of her brain activity? You can't just have her on an IV, you know, unless she's simply unconscious and you may have been exaggerating her condition -- but even then my point still stands. You'll need more outside help if she truly is in a coma, which means alerting your mother to get doctors or sending her to a hospital as soon as possible. You should also increase her security, because one person and a hound is not enough to guard anyone if you believe someone is targeting her."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 2:00 pm

"Jamison is i think thirty and he's an Apollo as well. He's healed us a lot and he knows what he's doing." Malik explained. We're keeping Lena there over night because Jamison want's to monitor her and make sure it is a coma and not a concussion. The hospital is at least forty five minutes to an hour away. Jamison was already at Blackthorn so he stayed. At the mention of their mother syn shook his head."Synyster believes that telling mother would be a bad thing and when I tried to tell her he hit me." Malik glared at his brother. There were moments he was glad he had the power he did because in that moment he put him to 'death' right away.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 2:09 pm

"Tell your mother as soon as you leave my office -- or else I will have to tell her, which will probably result in more drama than necessary. It would be unwise to keep her in the dark, especially if something worse happens." The centaur glanced at the clock in his office, watching the seconds hand tick away. He couldn't remember the time zone difference between eastern America and New Zealand, but he'd have some time to figure that out and get things arranged. "Regardless, however, contacting a hospital as soon as possible is a good idea, so they may be ready for her should she need to go. Tell me the name of it if she is in a coma and needs more intensive care, and the names of those who will keep watch over her. I may have friends who can help. Make sure no guests leave or go near her, except those you trust fully. Have them swear on the Styx not to harm her if you must."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 2:12 pm

Malik nodded but stopped himself before speaking. "Could we call her with you on speaker? It may be best for mother to hear that you're going to help and explain things to her as well. She's still got to be up anyways, mom has insomnia." The second son of Sarafina Duchannes said while petting James.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 2:21 pm

"That is perfectly fine... However, preferably we could do it on IM; that way there is little chance someone could intercept the call somehow, and using phones may bring unsavory guests to your home. I have drachmas here we could use." Chiron pulled open a drawer and pulled out three golden drachmas, depositing them on his desktop.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2016, 7:54 pm

Malik nodded with a faint smile on his face. "I would really appreciate that Chiron, sir." He said with a little bit of relief in his voice.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/11/2016, 7:34 pm

"Shall I start the call, or would you like to? I'm not sure how she'd react to seeing my face first, as I normally don't contact mortal parents unless something's happened to their child." Chiron picked up a coin and offered it to the boys; the hose sat waiting outside, sprawled on the lawn haphazardly like a thick green snake lazing in the bright spring sun. "Although I suppose that is the case now."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/11/2016, 8:07 pm

Malik nodded and began an IM message with his mom who looked a little surprised to see them. "Hi mother."He said fiddling with his hands as James looked at them as well. Malik was never really the best at these but he supposed someone had to do it. Sarafin smiled back at the three of them but asked where Lena was and the temperature in the room might as well have been Antarctic. "That's why we're calling." He frowned a little now looking at the ground. She asked a few times what was wrong and Synyster was the one who finally spoke up.

She's in her room at Blackthorn, mom. Bean hit her head and she wont wake up so we left her in Jamison's care but we think there was something or someone who spooked Cressida while she was ridding and caused all this. The stone faced teen said, looking a mixture of anger and sadness. Chiron wanted to talk to you as well as have Cressida put in the private stables by the house. Syn went on as he motioned for Chiron to take over the conversation seeing as he had more questions than they did.

Sara looked as if her whole world had just crumbled around her. She did not shout, nor did she cry out but tears were slowly sliding down her face and there was a look of pain on her face as her hands covered her mouth so as to prevent any sound from escaping.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/14/2016, 7:46 pm

"Ma'am," Chiron said to her gently, moving a little forward so he was more visible in the frame. "You must not fret; you have the camp's support, and we will help you to the best of our ability. However, I must make several requests of you in order to investigate this properly, for I fear that the presence of so many demigods in one place will likely be grab the attention of monsters in the area -- I will not lecture you now about how rashly planned this ball was since time is of the essence." 

He took a quick glance back down at his notes, at the scribbled writing on the sheet with bulleted points and question marks. Hmph. "Firstly, you must make sure to keep all the guests in a safe place if any of them currently remain in the area -- keep them accounted for in case any of them were involved. Secondly, I will need a list of all guests, caterers, whoever had access to your house throughout this ball and the past few days; I will have someone pick it up from you and they will send it back to me. Third, please keep Cressida in a private area guarded by someone you trust to the fullest; I will have someone IM her to talk to her, see what caused her sudden fright. Fourth, prepare to send your daughter to a hospital if necessary with people to guard her; if this is due to someone targetting solely your child, she may be in danger isolated away there. Fifth: Kindly ask your husband if he'd give my investigators access to his security system; if he does not, I will result to other measures to gain access, though I do so for the safety of camp and your children. Please do this all as soon as possible, so that when I send someone to investigate everything is in order."

Last edited by Kendall on 5/16/2016, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/15/2016, 1:30 am

OOC:The ball already happened. This is post ball when Lena got sent into the coma. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/16/2016, 7:08 pm

[ooc: I'm pretty sure I mentioned keeping the guests together in a previous post, but eh. I've edited.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 1:45 pm