A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Trespass (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Trespass (private) Empty Trespass (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/6/2016, 7:46 am

Her foot dug into the guy's stomach so deeply she heard him gag. Elbowing him back, she spun around and hit his side with her heel hard before kicking his feet apart and sending her shin up into his groin. He fell to one knee, clutching his lower stomach. "F'cking hell...," he groaned. Chiara kicked his head up. "Mope later."
    ZephixVI

Male
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2016-01-09

Trespass (private) Empty Re: Trespass (private)

Post by ZephixVI 6/6/2016, 3:04 pm

This is why I prefer archery, Elise thought, sitting in the sidelines of the arena space. You got a good view of everything going on in battle, it allowed you to be mobile, and it prevented you from going head-to-head with people like Chiara. Elise knew her in passing from her years at camp; not well, mind you, but well enough to know that she's just someone you don't want to get into direct conflict with.

She honestly wasn't sure how she'd gotten that guy to go up against her. She figured a lot of people steered clear of that minefield. But who knows. Maybe she was looking for a sparring partner or maybe he was a lot more confident before Elise got here. Regardless of how it happened, it was starting to seem like this was going to be a pretty one-sided match. Folding her arms, Elise leaned back with a huff, debating if she'd rather practice her archery now and come back to train here later, when she wasn't around. Keeping her swordsmanship skills sharp was important, but not at the cost of breaking a limb. It wasn't that Elise was actively afraid of Chiara or anything, it's just that from a practical standpoint, she knew it wasn't good to get on her bad side.

Elise figured this practicality would prevent her from doing anything stupid, like playing referee, but she was, of course, wrong. She figured by the point she was kicking the boy's head while he was down it was time for her to stop.

"Alright Chiara, lay off the guy. I think he's had enough, you've definitely won by this point," Elise called over simply with a sigh, unfolding her arms and placing them next to her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/6/2016, 5:35 pm

Chiara turned around. "That's a stupid f*cking statement coming from a child of Athena. Just because your opponent's on the ground doesn't mean you've won." She was dressed in an olive drab tank top and desert camouflage cargo pants, her celestial bronze tipped combat boots on her feet. Her red curls were held back by a black bandanna, sweat making her freckled face shine as if lathered with clear oil.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/6/2016, 7:14 pm

"No, but when he's writhing with pain on the ground and you know your opponent as Jeremy from Cabin #4, I think it's safe to claim victory. If he gets back up by this point that's his death sentence, but don't wail on him until he does," Elise retorted simply glancing at the boy. He'd taken a kick to the head from her boots, which she was pretty sure were metal-tipped. Unless he had a serious vendetta, he had to be out of it.

"Just take it easy on him for now. Come on, relax and get some water," she said calmly, knowing that she could react in two very different ways to the offer. But who knows, maybe she'd accept it. It was hot out, and Elise was prepared for the occasion. Dressed lightly in her crimson tank-top and khaki cargo shorts, she had tied up her hair and brought plenty of water along for her training session. She felt like she'd come prepared, but with Chiara you could never tell.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2016, 9:14 am

"That's his problem, not mine," she replied. However whichever way she turned it she had no other real argument against what Elise was saying. Which only made her more stubborn. "Get up, flowerplant," she told the son of Demeter.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/7/2016, 12:51 pm

"Thank you," Elise nodded at the girl, glancing to the boy as he got up. She was about to toss a water bottle to him, but decided against it once she realized he'd probably just get hit in the head by it. "Come on J, take a rest. Chiara, you ready to call it for a break just yet?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2016, 1:41 pm

Chiara was actually saying get up more as in "get back to the fight" but it seemed Elise was holding the reigns right now. Chiara turned to look at her. "A break? I'm barely sweating." She made a quick hand motion. "Come on then, get down here. Got a big mouth, let's see if there's something behind it."
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/7/2016, 2:36 pm

Elise sighed as she stood up, taking her sword by the hilt. This was one of the ways she knew this could go. She wanted to practice her swordsmanship, might as well be against one of the biggest challenges at camp. She wanted to get good enough to avoid another incident like the one back home.

"Alright, fine..." She sighed, patting Jeremy on the back as she passed him. "Take a seat man," she smiled, turning to Chiara. "I just hope you know that even if I'm a daughter of Athena, you've still got a couple of years on me here," she pointed out, twirling her blade idly as she waited for her to get ready.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2016, 3:55 pm

"Fantastic," she scoffed then made a pouty mouth. "Do you want me take it easy on you?" And she sent her heels at her ribs in a double kick.
    Chiara was someone who disliked excuses, especially in an arena. Excuses were an appeal for sympathy, and sympathy had no place in combat. If you wanted to get on her good side, it was just not the way to go.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/7/2016, 4:57 pm

Elise took the kicks with a surprised cough, hunching down slightly. She hadn't expected her to start already without an official kickoff. Then again, Chiara seemed like the type who would just fight. Rules were irrelevant to her, at least that's how it seemed to be. If she wanted to fight dirty, that was fine, but Elise wouldn't go down that easily.

Scoffing at her taunting attitude, Elise's expression hardened slightly as she stood back up. She was terrible at backing down from a challenge, and she was no pushover in the arena. She'd had her share of training from camp over the years, even if her best weapon was her bow.

"Oh, no, that won't be necessary. I just want you to know where we stand once I'm winning," she huffed indignantly, raising her sword up defensively.

It was a big claim to make against an opponent like Chiara, she knows, but she couldn't help it. She'd aggravated her, and she snapped back. By this point, she knew she couldn't let her guard down.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 2:13 am

"Blablabla. Come at me."

She was waiting in a lowered position, feet apart and ready to bounce, her fists curled at each side of her face. She was going empty-handed against Elise right now, who had a sword, but Chiara was taking the risk for now. If the fight was going to climb up a few notches, she had her knives hidden away in her clothing -- not that Elise could know that of course.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/8/2016, 2:38 am

"Fine," Elise huffed, realizing she hadn't picked up her sword. "We're not doing weapon training this time?" She asked, not letting her guard down before tossing her sword behind her, allowing it to slide back to the benches on the side-lines before raising her fists up. "Not what I had in mind, but alright."

She knew basic hand to hand techniques and strategies, and while she was better with a weapon, she wasn't going to go against Chiara like that. Even if they were both contemplating getting a little dirty in this fight, she still wanted it to be a fair fight. She wouldn't go in if her opponent was unarmed. As aggressive as she was, Chiara was a fellow camper.

Keeping her defensive stance up, Elise began to move back and forth as to remain spry and mobile in the fight. She'd have to focus on a few areas on both sides in the fight, starting with joints. If she didn't cover hers she could get a broken bone, but if she could manage to get hers, she could win. Past that, soft spots.

Knowing that Chiara was just waiting for her to make a move, Elise took a cautious approach, giving a few probing swats at the girls arms so she'd be able to get back when she finally decided to snap back. "Come on 'Crouching Tiger'," she smiled jokingly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 2:59 am

Chiara was growing tired of this little back and forth thing and all the talking. She was a hotheaded child of Ares and waiting around during a fight was not her style, so she went for Elise with her fists and elbows, placing her feet strategically so she could trip her up easily just by raising a leg.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/8/2016, 6:45 am

Elise put up her arms to defend against the strikes, backing up slightly to avoid getting cornered. Chiara was angry, but that also meant she might get a bit reckless in her actions. If Elise could remain calm she could maybe take advantage of that. You know. Before she got punched in the face. Hell, trying to block and avoid all of her strikes was hard enough. Her arms hurt and Elise already took a few passing hits from punches she hadn't managed to fully avoid or block. Watching her strikes carefully, she finally retaliated once she felt she got a general idea of what she might do next.

Figuring it might throw her off if she didn't mark a clear transition from defense to offense, she used her left arm to partially block a strike while ducking her head to the side, quickly thrusting out her hand with the intent of hitting her chin with the heel of her palm. Not a strong strike, she knows, but it was a lot less telegraphed than a punch, and it could still briefly daze someone.

If it managed to connect she'd follow up on her opportunity by turning her attention to her arm that she'd just attacked with by trying to move in to grab it. If she could manage to get a hold of it she could twist it and agitate the joint, she could win right there. If only.

OOC: I left the attacks by Elise ambiguous so you can decide what would actually work on Chiara or what hit and whatnot. I don't want to dictate that. Assume Elise goes through this process if she succeeds and go off that, but if you feel Chiara would stop any of her attacks early at any particular point go for it, and I'll respond accordingly. ^.^
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 3:44 pm

The heel of her palm knocked her head upwards and Chiara immediately retaliated by a knee aimed at Elise's stomach.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/8/2016, 8:54 pm

Elise jumped back slightly, avoiding the full force of her knee but still getting a decent brunt of the attack. Clasping her hands around her own stomach instinctively, Elise grabbed her knee in an attempt to twist it and bring her opponent down, positioning one leg behind her so she could trip her if hit from above.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2016, 1:43 am

OOC: Please don't powerplay.

BIC: Chiara went with the movement, twisting to the side before jumping and flinging her other leg at Elise's exposed shoulder.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/9/2016, 3:06 am

OOC: Sure thing, my bad. It's not my intention; I think I'm overthinking these and it's coming across as that as a result. I'll simplify what I say to describe her actions to tone it down. Sorry again.

BIC: Elise felt confident with her plan off attack at first, but quickly realized her opponents prowess when she actually spun with her grab to jump up and kick her in the shoulder. Taking the full force of the kick, she stumbled back as she released her leg with a clumsy push, taking a moment to rethink her plan of attack, holding her shoulder.

"Okay... I won't lie, I wasn't expecting that. Nice job," she grunted, catching her breath.

Chiara had been prepared to fight her without a weapon for a reason - she was trained for this. Elise's strength was in her weapons training, and even if they both took up arms then she'd be struggling against her. She still didn't feel right using a weapon against her when she was empty-handed, so she wouldn't. But even so, what Elise had gotten herself into was truly dawning on her. Elise was content to stay inside and study. She trained for fun sometimes, but usually when necessary. Chiara lived for the fight, and Elise was now her opponent. She didn't think anyone would be too shocked if she didn't win this one.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2016, 3:45 am

OOC:
    ZephixVI wrote:Elise grabbed her knee
    This is power playing.

BIC: Chiara just curled her hands back into fists and started circling Elise. She had stumbled backwards too but regained her balance just as quickly, the heels of her heavy boots wedging themselves into the sand. Elise was not as confident as other people she had fought but she was still a daughter of Athena. Children of Athena had a way of fighting that was like playing chess: they led you through a range of tactics and checkmated you with a power technique. Chiara wasn't the brainiest kid around, and she knew from experience she had to watch out when pitted against people like this. Strength did not always win fights, and neither did skill.
    As Elise was still rubbing her shoulder, Chiara kicked sand up at her face and went for a roundhouse to her ribs with her other leg.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 6/9/2016, 4:11 am

OOC: Noted. I think I pictured it differently than how it was, but the fault there lies with me. I understand. I'll curb anything like that from now on.

BIC: Elise was about to raise her guard once more when Chiara kicked up a cloud of sand at her, causing her to cough, shutingt her eyes instinctively, which was promptly followed by kick that hit her dead-on in the chest. Stumbling, she fell back onto the ground, her palms falling flat into the sand. Clenching her fists, she quickly stood back up. She was in pain and disoriented, but she knew Chiara would move in for the win if she stayed down, and that would hurt a lot more.

Elise wasn't going to lie, she'd thought about using the sand on the ground too, but she'd figured they were having a straight forward, fair fight, which is why she tossed her sword away. If Chiara wasn't above using a few tricks, she wouldn't be either, but she had to be smart about it. She didn't want to take too much more abuse out here, she was already hurting pretty bad after that kick.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/17/2016, 2:40 pm

Chiara would've dropped on top of Elise if she hadn't gotten back up so quickly. She had to make use of that temporary disorientation, prevent her from thinking straight. So she went back to attacking immediately, sending her elbows and knees at all the places she knew hurt in the human body. Oh yes, she knew about pressure points. Years in the Ares cabin had made her grow familiar with them.

OOC: So sorry for the delay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:44 pm