A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death

TimothyEdwards1999

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2016-12-21

Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death Empty Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 7:31 pm

Name: Jonathan Swift
    Eyes: Dark, Dark Grey
    Hair: Black
    Height: 6'4"
    Body Type: Skinny, but still muscled.
    Skin Color: slightly tan
    God Parent: Thanatos god of Death
    Mortal Parent: Margaret Swift
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: Hellhound about the size of large pittbull, named Shadow
    has the ability to shadow travel up to 5 miles away at a time with 5 posts in between.
    Talents: Good with a sword, great sword smith
    Weapon**: a Stygian Iron Hand-and-a-Half Long sword.
    Personality:Normally quiet and gloomy, but if someone gets him talking he will be glad to make a friend, good with people when he gets to know them, he loves computer s and dogs, loves to climb and take his enemy from above.
    Flaws: Doesn't fit in with the regular crowd because wherever he goes the dead seem to move around if he gets to close to them, so he never stays inn one place for long, thinks of himself as unkillable, which has almost gotten him killed a few times, cannot stay still for long periods of time so he is never picked for stealth missions.
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Can commune with the dead, can shadow travel up to 10 miles, takes about 10 posts to recharge, can sense the death of mortal beings.
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Can summon up to 5 of the dead and they will stay with him for about 10 posts, he needs to recharge for about 12 to regain the ability enough to summon them all again, the dead come with any weapon they had upon dying .If he needs to he can borrow energy from shadow to travel farther.
    Life Before Camp*: Lived in Kansas, mostly stuck to himself and his few friends. Started working at a tech shop because is fast moving adhd helped him solve problems in the circuitry of electronics. Jonathan was put with his Aunt and Uncle after his mom died of a brain tumor, he knew he had to leave, because where ever he went something bad would always happen.When tyler eventually found out who and what jonathan was he knew he had to get him to the camp. Sadly on the way to the camp, they were attacked by a group of cyclopes. Sadly Jonathan never saw tyler again, even though he always searches for tylers life force so that he can locate and save him.
    RP Example*: Jonathan crept out of the cabin at night as to not wake his siblings and get caught out at night, he hated the harpies. He slowly crept across camp towards the forge. he was hoping that some of the fire were still stoked and burning. When he gets to the door he notices its locked, so he summons some shadow from his hand and sends it into the lock to open it. He sneaks in and closes th edoor behind him and sets to work trying to fix his broken blade.
    Any notes about your characters:  Gets along with almost everyone, just don't get on his bad side because he has a temper.

Last edited by TimothyEdwards1999 on 12/22/2016, 2:51 pm; edited 10 times in total
    TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death Empty Re: Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 10:26 pm

have i been accepted yet?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death Empty Re: Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death

Post by Kendall 12/21/2016, 10:33 pm

Your form will be accepted once an approver/admin posts "approved" on your form and moves it to the approved section. For now however it needs some changes.

How large is his hellhound? Can it shadow-travel?

Is his weapon Celestial bronze or Stygian iron?

Add more to his personality.

Add two more flaws.

Abilities:
    - What kind of assistance can he get from his dad's helpers?
    - Who exactly are said helpers?

Powers:
    - How many undead can he summon at a time?
    - I'm gonna say no to summoning monsters.
    - How long do they stay with him (in number of posts)?
    - What's his cooldown/rest time between power usages (in number of posts)?

LBC and RP Example both need to be at least five sentences long each.
    TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 10:44 pm

I made the adjustments.
    TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 10:47 pm

i hope this will help
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/21/2016, 10:51 pm

[Please do not double-post; just post once to let us know this is ready to be checked again.]

Pets:
    - Reduce the size of the hellhound; at most it can only be the size of an average Rottweiler.
    - How far can it shadow-travel at most?
    - Put its rest period in terms of number of posts -- for example, 5 hours may mean 5 posts. (Although if it can go pretty far then the rest period should be longer.)

Add more to his personality -- maybe 2-3 more medium-length sentences.

Flaws:
    - Elaborate on the first flaw.
    - I wouldn't count his height as a flaw, honestly, since in head-on battles height doesn't really matter. For stealth missions maybe, but even then if you're decently agile and sneaky then height won't be too much of a burden.
    - Add two more flaws.

Abilities:
    - No to the second ability; Thanatos' siblings count as gods, and godly contact/playing gods without an admin's permission is not allowed.

Powers:
    - You didn't answer my questions about how many dead people he can summon at once and how long they stay with him at most.
    - Also, you didn't remove the mosnter part.

LBC needs to be 5 complete sentences long. You should also include how he got to camp.
    TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 10:53 pm

okay, it might take me a bit cuz i have to sleep soon, but i will get it all fixed as soon as i can.
    TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/21/2016, 11:04 pm

I fixed it the best i could.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/21/2016, 11:12 pm

Again, please do not double-post. You only need to post when you've finished the edits.

Increase the rest period for the hellhound to maybe 10-ish posts, since he'd be a baby. (And I assume you mean "at most" and not "at least" for his maximum distance?)

The weapon should be Stygian iron, not just Stygian.

You still need to add more to his personality.

Flaws:
    - "Doesn't fit in with the regular crowd because wherever he goes the dead seem to move around if he gets to close to them, so he never stays inn one place for long" --> What does this mean? Do spirits tend to flock to him when he's in one place for too long?
    - Would his last flaw be attributable to his ADHD, which all demigods have to some degree, or is it worse for him?

Abilities:
    - Shadow-travel counts as a power, so please move it to the Powers section. (Also, I think you mean "at most 10 miles" and not "at least.")
    - How far can he be from a mortal thing at most in order to sense its death?

Powers:
    - Do the dead come with weapons or such?
    - You need to have a maximum time length they can stay with him.
    - You also need to put in a resting period between uses of this power.
    - I'm gonna say no to the shadow-imbuing power.

LBC:
    - He's not allowed to have had contact with Thanatos before camp, so please remove this and find another way for the satyr to find him.
    - How old was he when his mom died/when did the satyr find him?
    - How did his mom die?

TimothyEdwards1999

Male

Jonathan Swift son of Thanatos the God of Death Empty EDITED

Post by TimothyEdwards1999 12/25/2016, 8:28 pm

I have edited my character, please review
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/26/2016, 7:40 pm

You still need to increase his hellhound's rest period for his shadow-travel.

Add some more to his personality.

Flaws:
    - Again: Would his last flaw be attributable to his ADHD, which all demigods have to some degree, or is it worse for him?

Abilities:
    - Move the shadow-travel to the Powers section.
    - You still need to answer my question about how far at most he can be from a "mortal being" in order to sense their death.

Powers:
    - Reduce how long the summoned dead will stay with him.
    - Reminder that no guns are allowed in camp, so the summoned dead can't have guns.
    - I'm gonna say no to "borrowing energy" from the shadows.

LBC:
    - I assume Tyler is the satyr?
    - How old was he when he got to camp?
    - "where ever he went something bad would always happen" --> What bad things?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 11:58 am