A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Camp Bound Private

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Camp Bound Private  - Page 3 Empty Re: Camp Bound Private

Post by Green 2/19/2017, 7:08 pm

Camp Bound Private  - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o158wllC8c1sjzta5_500
    "...What?" That scared Cypress to death. It sent chills down his back and he didn't like the way that he felt because of it. Cypress placed his drink to the side and stood up from the couch. "This is...too much, I'm sorry, Adriaan." He looked between him and his mother and moistened his lips. "My mom left when I was just five days old because her brother said that she couldn't stay longer a-and ho-how I'm able to read Ancient Greek and modern Greek....Please tell me you can't do that. Please, Adriaan."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/20/2017, 1:54 am

Camp Bound Private  - Page 3 Tumblr_oj6qndNDMe1qhrjoho2_400

Adriaan sighed and looked up at Cypress. "Λυπάμαι, Κυπαρίσσι, αλλά μπορώ." Adriaan said quietly, and took a deep breath. Adriaan's hands were shaking and he stood up, starting to pace the room. This didn't make any sense, yet it all made sense. It felt like their had always been a large and gaping hole in Adriaan's story, but this whole thing fit perfectly in that hole. Adriaan started pacing back and forth faster. He wanted to scream, and cry, and punch something, and sit down and give up. Adriaan groaned and shouted, "This doesn't make sense." With that shout from Adriaan, his lemonade slid across the coffee table and hit the carpet, spilling everywhere. Adriaan swore in Dutch.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/20/2017, 7:11 pm

Cypress quietly gasped, putting a hand over his mouth. He knew exactly what he said and he didn't like that. "It doesn't make any sense! You can't be-- I can't be-- we can't be.." He put his head in his hands and groaned. His mind was going a thousand miles a minute. "Is that why that winged monster attacked us?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/20/2017, 11:25 pm

Ms. Janssen quickly started to clean up the spilled lemonade. She had seen Adriaan do stuff like this before, but they had never talked about it. She had always known why he could do it. "When I was pregnant with you, your father told me that at some point, it would be to dangerous to keep you here with us. That creatures would attack, and you would have to go to a camp." Adriaan looked back at Cypress again. Adriaan's face was bright red and his breathing was rapid. He wanted to pass out again. Maybe you're just dreaming. Adriaan's brain suggested. He could see it on his mom's face though. This wasn't a dream and this was not a lie.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/21/2017, 1:36 am

"...Camp." Cypress looked at Adriaan's mom. He remembered a dream he had where he was standing in front of a cabin with a grass roof and flowers on the front pouch. "I...I need to go home. Can I use your phone, Adriaan?" Cypress asked. "I need to use your phone."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/22/2017, 1:41 am

Adriaan pulled out his phone and started to hand it to Cypress before stopping himself. "Cypress... I know that you know this is true. I know you've seen things before, too. This can't just be me. I... I hope that this isn't just me. Don't make me do this alone." Adriaan said, on the edge of tears. He was scared in a way that he never had been before. This wasn't like the great Adriaan Janssen. Adriaan sighed and put his phone out. "If you really want to leave and go home, I'm not letting you go alone. We know that's not safe. We'll take you back." Adriaan's hand was shaking.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/22/2017, 2:00 am

Cypress looked between Adriaan and his mother, then back at Adriaan. He stared into his eyes for a bit, before turning his attention down to his phone. "I'm scared too. What if something happens to us? What if I-I go back and I bring some more monsters to my house?" He hugged himself and closed his eyes. "I don't know what to do, Adriaan." He slowly opened his eyes and stared down at his shoes.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/23/2017, 11:38 am

Adriaan closed his eyes and took a series of deep breaths. The unclaimed son of Apollo had always been really good at collecting himself. It was part of his hockey experience. In hockey, you have to pick the right time to let things out, and the right people to do it on. This isn't the time to let things out. Adriaan's eyes reopened, and the Janssen boy had recollected himself. "I'm trusting my mom. I'm going to go to this camp. I can't stay here and risk mine and my family's life. And if this camp can help me learn why these things happen to me, I think that I owe it to myself to go there." Adriaan said. His voice was firm and strong. Adriaan looked over at his mother. She was teary eyes, but proud looking.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/23/2017, 11:55 am

Cypress let Adriaan's decision sink in and turned his head down to his feet. A million things were going through his head and right now, he knew that he had to make a decision. "Then I'm going with you. I feel like...we're destined to meet. I don't know if I have powers like you, but from what I've heard, our stories have a lot in common." Cypress moistened his lips. "What do you say?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/23/2017, 1:13 pm

Adriaan offered his hand to Cypress, as if to that they were in this together- that they were meant to be in this together. Just then Adriaan's dad (of step-dad, he guessed) walked in the door. Adriaan rushed over to him and clasped his hand in his, bumping shoulders. "Thank you for letting me be your son, even though I wasn't. Thank you for giving me your name, even if I wasn't worthy of it." Mr. Janssen looked from Adriaan, to his mother and back. He was calm, and understood what was coming next. "Are you going?" He asked Adriaan. He nodded in response. "I'm just glad your safe." Mr. Janssen said. He wrapped his arms tight and quick around his son and the smirked saying, "I guess I'll be needing a new center forward." Adriaan laughed and him and his dad rejoined the other two. "Dad, this is Cypress. He's... He's like me."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2017, 1:08 am

Cypress smiled some and offered Adriaan's stepfather a handshake. "Hi, Mr. Janssen. I'm sorry about your ice rink. If I would've know that leading that woman to Adriaan or the hickey place, then I wouldn't have bumped into him." The unclaimed son of Demeter scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "Sorry again."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/24/2017, 11:12 pm

Adriaan's father looked Cypress up and down and then shook his hand. "Take care of my son, Cypress. I know he'll do that for you." Mr. Janssen said with a sad smile, and patted Cypress on the back. "I... I guess I should go and pack some stuff. Come on, Cypress." Adriaan said turning and running up the stairs. Adriaan hurried down the hallway and opened the door to his room. There was some clothes on the floor, but for the most part it was clean. The walls were covered with concert posters and hockey paraphernalia.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/25/2017, 10:50 am

Cypress smiled and nodded his head, waving goodbye to both of Adriaan's parents. He followed Adriaan up the stairs and to his room. It sort of looked like his own minus the hockey posters and a most of the concert posters as well. Cypress looked around with a small grin, then back at Adriaan. "How are we gonna get there?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/26/2017, 12:52 am

Adriaan grabbed a large backpack and started to shove clothes and other stuff into the bag. "I don't know. I don't even know where it is. My parents don't even seem to know that. We're just going to have to go on instinct. That's how these mythical journeys go, right?" Adriaan said with a small laugh. His head twitched to the side, as it had been doing periodically for a while. That was his nervous tick, and he hated it.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/27/2017, 12:57 am

Cypress put a hand on his hip and let out a slightly flamboyant groan. He quickly covered it up with a sniff and hoped that Adriaan didn't notice. "Has my dad called back or anything? I hope he's okay." He bit his lip nervously and started to become nervous. The unclaimed son of Demeter walked up beside Adriaan and moistened his lips. "...Do you need any help packing or anything like that?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/27/2017, 1:37 am

When Cypress reminded him of his dad, Adriaan remembered that he had broken Cypress' drawer. The unclaimed son of Apollo walked over to his dresser and opened the top drawer. Adriaan pulled out an iPhone 6 and pulled Cypress' damaged phone out of his pocket. Popping the sim card out of Cypress' old phone, and putting it into the new one, and then setting it on the charger, along with his own phone. "It's not a 7, and I can get you one of those if you like, but for now, something is better than nothing." Adriaan said, almost robotic, his mind somewhere else. Adriaan went back to packing. The bag was almost completely full at this point, and Adriaan was taking deep breaths, trying to control his twitch.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/28/2017, 12:34 am

Cypress looked down at the phone, then back at Adriaan. He quickly set it up and called his father. He talked to him for a good ten minutes before hanging up. "I have to go home and get my things." Cypress walked over to Adriaan. "Please."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/28/2017, 1:26 am

Adriaan sighed. "Fine. I'm not letting you go alone though. I'll stand outside if I have to, but we are not leaving each other until we find this camp." By this point, Adriaan was completely packed. Adriaan was sitting on his bed and wearing his backpack over a jacket. Adriaan looked at the clock. It was already 11:00 pm. All Adriaan wanted to do was curl up in his bed and act like this wasn't happening, but it was. Adriaan pushed himself up and off the bed. "Let's go."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 7:27 am