A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

xXSpiritXx : Zane's Re-make

xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

xXSpiritXx : Zane's Re-make Empty xXSpiritXx : Zane's Re-make

Post by xXSpiritXx 6/28/2017, 5:24 pm

Name: Zane Hawkins
    Race/ethnicity: English
    Skin Tone: Albino
    Eye Color: Red
    Hair Color: White (dyed jet black)
    Hair Length: Medium length, choppy.
    Height: 6ft
    Weight: 145lbs
    Body Type: Fit
    Mortal Parent: Elizabeth
    Godly Parent: Thanatos
    Place of Birth: London, England
    Date of Birth: October 10th, 1995
    Weapon: Stygian long sword disguised as a ring.
    Armor: Wears none
    Powers: Can summon the dead (animals included) 10x a day 4 undead at a time for 30 minutes individually and 10 minutes if he summons 4 at once. He can summon the soul of a dead loved ones 2x a month for 2 hours. He has influence over the shadows from normal shadow travel to using them to a make a pit to engulf a monster. Can shadow travel up to 8x a day up to 40ft. Once a day he can shadow travel anywhere within an 50 mile radius though he is very drained afterwards and his shadow powers are all but unusable. Use the shadows as a weapon or to pin one in place. Able to communicate with animals associated with death ravens, crows, bats, and vultures.
    Pets: Raziel (Male). Raven he saved from children throwing stones at him at an early age. Often perched on his shoulderf and always somewhere near bye.
    Skills/Talents: He has perfect vision in the dark. He is an expert chess player, ranked at the top of his division. Specializes in stealthy take downs by surprising and then over powering his target.
    Flaws: Prone to depression, pessimistic, abandonment issues, aggression, and very over protective. When he loses his temper Zane becomes a dark and sadistic person and only Skylar can pull him out of the darkness. He has a scar that goes up his entire right arm from falling out a tree.
    Strengths: Blending in, being supportive, and swordsmanship.
    Weaknesses: Short temper, soft spot for his few friends, would sacrifice anything for Skylar.
    Fears: Being alone forever, losing Skylar, never finding anyone who sees the light inside him.
    Personality: Quiet and pensive, reserved and un-trusting towards new people, friendly and generous to those he cares about, protective, and extremely loyal. Finds joy in nature and likes to go off on his own to think about life and death.
    Accent/Dialect: English accent.
    Likes: The taboo and unusual. Seeing what makes people tick. Loves to take long walks with Raziel and read old english literature. He tracks wounded animals and helps them or puts them out of their misery. His favorite band is Dance Gavin Dance. Spending time with his best friend Skylar and helping her with her research.
    Dislikes: Bullies, confrontation, liars, and cheats.
    Social Status (e.g. loner, popular): Lone wolf only befriends those he would truly trust with his life.
    Appearance: Dark, brooding, Punk, and un-nerving. Someone you wouldn't want to run into alone at night.
    Summer or Year Rounder: Usual Year Rounder but visits his family during most holidays and parts of the summer.
    Years at Camp: 3 years
    Life Before CHB:
    Lived in London with his Mom Elizabeth. Lonely in his adolescents Zane often felt like he was a freak who didn't belong. Zane always knew he was a half blood and felt like an outsider. A few houses down lived a girl Zane's age named Skylar. They played together often because his mother got along with Skylar's father as single parents of demigods. However they never knew of each others heritage until they received their powers.They found out one day at the park when Skylar lit an older bully on fire who was picking on Zane he watched in awe and then shadow traveled to her side. Zane then let her talk to her dead grandma for 10 minutes. They've been best friends ever since. Zane has always had feelings for Skylar but has never admitted it because the bond they share is more important to him. One day Skylar's half brother James (5 at the time) was kidnapped by a minotaur; so Zane and Skylar set out to rescue him. After they successfully rescued James both Zane and Skylar (age 14) left for CHB, knowing their families would be safer if they weren't there. Over the years in CHB Zane grown confident and more optimistic. He has made great allies who he can proudly calls his friends as well as his family. Camp has changed his once morbid out look on people to a more open minded one, although the pessimist in him still remains. Zane visits his mother and Skylar's family with her whenever she goes. Zane loves his mother but their relationship is a bit estranged.
    Role-playing Example:

It's the day after Christmas, I was waiting at the airport for Skylar and Salem.

I stood outside the cold a comfort to me as I looked at a snow covered London. My mother and I had said our goodbyes which are always bittersweet.

Raziel cawed at me and chewed on a piece of my hair. "I know, we'll be headed home soon."

"Home." I thought "Home is where Skylar is." Zane sighed and watched the heat leave his body as his breath floated away.

Some people walked past me and I could see their bodies tense but that was nothing new. Afterall I am different, so I am feared.

Skylar was near I could feel it. Camp Half Blood beckoned us home.

Notes: Has a tattoo on his ribs. "The Truth Is Everyone Is Going To Hurt You. It's Just a Matter Of Finding The Ones Worth Suffering For."

Last edited by xXSpiritXx on 8/23/2017, 11:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

xXSpiritXx : Zane's Re-make Empty Re: xXSpiritXx : Zane's Re-make

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/28/2017, 6:34 pm

Eyes
    -Eye color must be natural, if you wish for them to have an unnatural color then please note that they wear colored contacts.

Weight
    -Males at a height of 6ft weight typically between 147 and 187 pounds. Personally I would like you to pick a realistic weight for your character but im not going to count against it.

Powers
    -Please note the length of time he can summon as well as how often he can in terms of posts rather than actual units of time. It is easier for everyone to understand what they're up against as well as a good reference to their powers later on in roleplaying.
    -Im going to say no to the later of the two shadow travel powers seeing as 100 miles is VERY large for a demigod and he already has decent powers to begin with.

Flaws
    -You need at least one physical flaw.

Life Before Camp
    -Im going to say no to him always knowing he was a demigod considering it would lead to an obscene number of monster attacks and he hadn't had his powers all his life.
    -How did they know of CHB? Also how on earth did they get there seeing as im assuming they didn't live in that metropolitan area.
    -Also, how old was he when he ran away? If he had powers im assuming sometime after 13but i would like you to clarify.

Word Count
    -Also, with the 60 words taken out for the form itself, you're sitting at just under 900 words and in the 500-1000 coin category.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 8/21/2017, 9:27 pm

This is a vamped up version of an already approved character by Kendall herself.

His eyes, height, weight, and back story are the same. I'm not looking to get the full amount of drachma either. I just wanted to make him more detailed. I will edit in a physical flaw that he has a scar up his arm from falling out of a tree.

I edited the shadow travel radius to within 50 miles. Also all my other characters units are my times a day not by posts. As I said and as this is titled Zane's Remake since he is already an approved character I just wanted a more in depth form for him. As he was one of the first characters I made when I just started RPing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 8/22/2017, 4:32 am

Hi!

Please note that our rules have been changed. Wings and claws used to be approved too, but not anymore. Please edit his eye colour -- as Cheshire said he can wear red contacts.

Scars aren't physical flaws. Physical flaws are things seem as "not pretty " by society e.g. big nose, wide mouth, etc. Scars don't count because they aren't a natural part of the body.

All characters must be maximum 19 years old

We have switched to post limits instead of times per day as that is closer to canon powers. Please edit accordingly
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 8/23/2017, 11:17 pm

Society still views scars as not pretty, however since we're talking about Physical flaws and the Contacts I will make him Albino, will that suffice?

All characters have to be 19 now? That's definitely a little constricting since there were young campers in the book and if I recall correctly after a certain age they are no longer able to live at camp. That was his age when he started CHB and as this is his remake and his backstory is it possible to keep it the same here? Also upon re reading the rules I do not see this update about the age, so I assume it is an unwritten rule yet to be edited into the rules form. I'm only asking because as you know Morgan I'm a long time RPer on this site. I just wan to make sure I'm up to date on everything.

Are the times a day able to be counted as posts? What I'm saying is for example I have it that he can summon undead 10x a day for 30 minutes if its 4 or 10 minutes individually (10x a day = posts within 10 minutes). It seems unnecessary to have to write for 10 posts in a bio.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 8/24/2017, 2:51 am

Society sees them as ugly indeed but a lot of people were giving scars as flaws and thus implying their characters have perfect faces and perfect bodies. We don't want the characters to be crippled, we just want them to look like people.

No, all characters have to be maximum 19. 19 is the highest age a character is allowed to be (as long as they're not a Hunter, a nature spirit or an einherji), and 4 is the lowest. If Zayn was born on the 10th of October 1995, then that makes him 21 years old right now.

What we're meaning by post limits is for example he can summon 30 unread during 3 posts in one RP topic, then needs 6 posts cool down which means you need to post 6 times in that one topic before being able to make him use the power again. Does that make sense? I'm sorry if it was a bit strange I'm ready to explain again.
    Sorry for the delay getting back at you!
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 11/7/2017, 9:56 am

Okay I do understand that all indeed. The only thing is with Zane's birthday I made him a long time ago and if you look at the age I play him as in my signature is 17. I'm not playing them as if it's 2017 if that makes sense? I kind of just have them frozen in time at the ages they're at. Can you give me an example of how you'd like it written? Do you just want me to put the post limits in parentheses?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 2:17 am