A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Quietly reading (Marcus and David)

FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Quietly reading (Marcus and David) Empty Quietly reading (Marcus and David)

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/8/2017, 5:54 am

After his chat with Bri on the beach, David had gone to the Big House to get some books. The library there was one of his favourite ones in the world. So many resources from so many epochs, so many authors! Subjects forgotten by time, secrets of complex sciences, stories of shining civilizations and their leaders.... He could probably sit there until the day he died.
    Once he'd checked out the books in the register, he found a sunny spot in the cabin's courtyard and opened the first one.
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2017-06-22

Quietly reading (Marcus and David) Empty Re: Quietly reading (Marcus and David)

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/8/2017, 2:05 pm

Marcus ran a hand through his shiny black hair as he walked back to the Nike cabin. He was covered in sweat from an intense sword-fighting session with some Ares kids. His arms felt like lead and he had a nice bruise on the side of his face from when he didn't block a hit with the hilt of a sword.

Marcus noticed one of the Athena kids sitting and reading a book. Marcus was always one to make new friends and he was kind of in need for a break from the Nike cabin because he knew right when he walked in there would be bets flying around that he couldn't pass up. Might as well keep some drachmas in his pockets for once. Plus, the guy seemed pretty cute.

"Hey," Marcus grinned as he walked over to the boy and sat besides him. "I've seen you around, I'm Marcus," The son of Nike held out his hand for a shake.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/8/2017, 4:50 pm

David looked up at the newcomer and almost blushed. The guy was handsome in a sportive kind of way, with his fighting gear and messy hair. Definitely his style. "Hey mate, I'm David," he said, shaking his hand. "I've seen you around too. You used to be in the Hermes cabin, right? But you got claimed by Nike?"
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/8/2017, 5:16 pm

"That's right," Marcus grinned. "And you're one of the smart Athena kids. I bet you read all the time, aye?" Marcus nudged David's shoulder. Marcus was always making bets, even if they really didn't mean anything.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/9/2017, 11:39 am

"I have no clue what you're talking about," David joked, as he had a huge pile of books next to him. He then cracked a grin and freed up some space so Marcus could take a seat on the marble bench. "Camp's still pretty empty, seems like the summer session hasn't quite started yet," he said. "Are you here year-long or just for the summers?"

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 7/9/2017, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/9/2017, 2:00 pm

"Just for summers," Marcus said, taking a seat on the bench next to David. "I just got here a little early this year because school ended a little earlier for me."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/9/2017, 3:37 pm

"Same," David smiled. "Where are you from if I may ask?" He was glad that not many people had arrived yet -- otherwise he maybe wouldn't be able to have a chat with this handsome boy.
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/9/2017, 4:01 pm

"Toronto," Marcus grinned. "What about you? Where do you hail from oh-wise-one?" He asked knightly.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/10/2017, 1:07 am

Toronto? That was one of the gayest cities he knew. Hopefully the handsome guy was gay too.
    "Colorado," he smiled. "Clearly not as fabulous a home as yours. Do you speak French?"

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 2/1/2022, 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/10/2017, 5:20 am

"Je parle francias bien. Ma papa parle francais beaucoup en la masion," He spoke fluently, saying how his father always spoke it in the house. "Do you speak any French?" He asked in English.

OOC: Thank you two years of French!
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/12/2017, 4:05 pm

"Err...no," he chuckled. "I did teach myself Hebrew though, and I sort of get along in Korean. Apart from that, I'm afraid all I have in my pockets is the good ole' English & Ancient Greek demigod package, and a bit of highschool Latin."

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 7/14/2017, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/12/2017, 4:33 pm

Marcus just smiled at the boy. "So whatcha reading?"
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/13/2017, 6:20 pm

David showed him the scrolls he'd taken out. Ancient blueprints, astronomy, lists of water-dwelling monsters and how to fight them, great leaders of old, there was pretty much anything that could interest a child of Athena. "What do you like to read?" he wondered.

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 7/14/2017, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/13/2017, 9:03 pm

Marcus shrugged some. "Uhh, Clifford the Big Red Dog?" Marcus let out a sigh, running a hand through his damp hair from his work out. "In all honesty, I don't read very much. I can't seem to sit still for long enough."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/14/2017, 3:30 pm

David chuckled at his joke and listened to him.
    "I get that too, having ADHD and all," David said, "but when I'm passionate about what I read, time just melts away."
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/14/2017, 8:53 pm

"Well reading for you is like training for me then," Marcus offered. "But, I'm pretty bad at fighting and you seem pretty good at reading. I train so I can get better."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/15/2017, 3:31 am

David shook his head. "Hold on, you're a son of Nike. I'm sure you're really good at fighting, you guys are ferocious in the arena!"
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/15/2017, 12:29 pm

"That is more pent up aggression than any actual skill," Marcus joked. "I'm actually a pretty big klutz. I drop my sword more than I swing it. What about you? Athena kids are always good fighters and strategists."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/15/2017, 4:35 pm

David wanted to impress this guy but he also didnt want to come off as arrogant. "I guess Im part of that stereotype, but I'm not the best in the arena of course," he said with a shy little smile.
    BriseisBailey5780
    BriseisBailey5780

Female

Post by BriseisBailey5780 7/15/2017, 6:58 pm

Marcus grinned at him, hoping his tanner skin hid the slight blush rising to his cheeks. He thought this guy and cute and nice, the most important things in a guy.

"So, you want to do something? I'm bored and all my siblings are off training still," Marcus said, setting his head down on his hand as he gave David a light smile.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/16/2017, 2:30 pm

David's first idea was 'How about a coffee?' but he had to catch himself. There was no coffee shop in Camp Half-Blood. Stupid David.

"Wanna jump into the lake?" he suggested instead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:33 pm