A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Hot, Too Hot (Open)

Mack
    Mack

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2018-06-18

Hot, Too Hot (Open) Empty Hot, Too Hot (Open)

Post by Mack 6/29/2018, 8:10 pm

Daniel paced about the courtyard around which the various cabins of Camp Half-Blood were situated as the blazing mid-summer sun beat down on his head and a thin trickle of sweat ran down his back between his shoulder blades. It wasn't even noon yet, the temperature was over a hundred degrees, and things were showing no signs of cooling off. "Unacceptable," the Alaskan resident muttered to himself. "Never gets this hot back home. Too hot. I hate this."

The teen continued to grumble, mostly to himself, as he paced another lap around the perimeter of the courtyard and grew steadily more irritated by the heat. This was unbearable. This was intolerable. This was oppressive. Yes, that was it, the heat was actively oppressing him as a child of Khione. Somehow, this had to be that Sun God's fault. Apple Head. iPhone App. Whatever his name was, Greek Mythology had not been deemed an important topic in his home school education.

Well, two could play this game.

Stalking directly into the middle of the courtyard area, the blonde teen stood and glared hateful emerald daggers at the sky. Then he raised first one hand, and then the other, and made a crude gesture at the sun with both hands. Turning his attention to things a bit more grounded the blonde spread his arms and gestured at the ground. In short order a slab of ice that was two feet thick, six and a half feet long, and two and a half feet wide appeared on the ground. Just the right size for a lawn chair, of sorts, for someone of Daniel's size.

Peeling off his shirt, the Alaskan wadded it up and stuffed it behind his head as he lay back on the improvised chair. This was much better, not nearly so intolerably hot now. But, something felt like it was missing. Something could make this even better. Raising his right hand out above him, the son of Khione snapped his fingers. In the flash of an eye a blizzard with blinding, blowing snow and howling wind sprang up in a square-shaped area around him that was approximately twenty-five yards to a side.

Perfection.

Reaching to his forehead, the green-eyed youth flipped a pair of Oakley sunglasses down over his green eyes. Stretching his arms over his head for a moment, he luxuriated in the now sub-zero temperatures that surrounded him. A giant slab of ice, sub-zero temperatures, and a raging blizzard. This was what a summer at camp was supposed to be about.

Everyone knew that.

Notes:
    Ice Construct Cooldown: 3/3
    Blizzard Active: 6/6

25 yards = 75 feet... this is not something that anyone in the courtyard is likely to not see. It's not a small display. Temperature inside the Blizzard affected zone (including the wind chill factor) is right around 0 F (-18 C).
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Hot, Too Hot (Open) Empty Re: Hot, Too Hot (Open)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/30/2018, 9:10 am

This was unacceptable. A minute ago, Arian had been chilling in the sun in front of her cabin. Summer-blue sky. Lemonade. Drawing tablet. Ideal conditions to cure her art block.

...And of course, some dude had to come screw it up. Just as Arian put the tip of the pen to her tablet, inspiration finally striking, an actual blizzard erupted in the cabin's courtyard. Arian's sunglasses went flying. Snowflakes blew into her face, the icy wind stabbing at every bit of exposed skin.

"Are you f#cking sh#tting me?" she roared, covering her tablet with her body. She had saved up three months to pay for it! What if this stupid little blizzard ruined it? No, she decided, she was not having it. This dude was gonna get it. She tossed tablet and computer into her cabin as fast as possible, locked the door and started power-walking into the blizzard.

Have you ever tried to walk in ankle-deep snow with wind pushing against you, whooshing in your ears, and ice trickling down your light, cottony summer clothes? Whilst not seeing anything at all? It's not a fun experience. But Arian's art block was more important than little things like hypothermia and frostbite. She was out for blood.
    A few minutes later though, she was irremediably lost. Which, you know, happens, when you can't see past your own toes. A beard of ice had formed around her now-blue lips, her clothes were stiff and frozen, and she couldn't feel anything down of her knees. Even her arms were giant clumps of ice.
    You wanna play it like that, she thought? Fine; I'll come for you like Alexander for Tyre. Heat gathered in her body. It was warm and tingling at first, then grew hotter and hotter, rising up like a gas stove. Her clothes and sandals started thawing. The beard trickled off her face. Something sizzled. Then suddenly, a tongue of solar energy sparked from her body like a flare. The heat of the plasma singed the grass without even touching it; it had been small, but enough to cut a path through the blizzard.
    And just there, a few meters away, was the dude she'd been looking for. Chilling in an ice chair, an infuriatingly peaceful expression on his face.
    Arian unsheathed her dagger, not even checking if it still had poison on it. "Can I ask you what the f#ck you think you're doing?" she growled.
    Mack
    Mack

Male

Post by Mack 6/30/2018, 3:07 pm

From where he lay on his ice chair, fingers laced behind his head as he luxuriated in the subzero temperatures, Daniel turned his head to one side and cracked an emerald eye open to regard the newcomer. No doubt she was every bit as thrilled as he that the summer heat had now been beat. Sure, her tone said that she wasn't but, well, nobody really liked when they were too hot. No doubt the cold simply hadn't chilled her enough yet for her heat-based temper to subside.

Yeah, that was definitely it.

"Easy there, babe," Daniel said, tipping a wink in Arian's direction but not bothering to rise from from his ice chair. "I get that you hate the heat that the Sun God... Apple? Apply? Appendix? Whatever his name is. We weren't big on mythology in school. Anyway, I get you hate the heat too. I solved the problem and there's more than enough room in my air conditioned wonderland for everyone. Give me a minute, and I can even make you a lovely ice chair too. Just relax, the nasty heat can't get us in here."

Notes:
    Ice Construct Cooldown: 2/3
    Blizzard Active: 5/6
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/1/2018, 8:32 pm

Babe? Arian couldn't believe her ears. "Yeah, you wish I was your babe," she said, pointing her dagger at him. "Now listen to me you entitled ball-breaker, either you return the climate to what it was or I will vaporize your little ice cloud myself." A faint net of solar warmth wrapped around her, keeping the blizzard at bay as she glared daggers at the boy.
    Mack
    Mack

Male

Post by Mack 7/1/2018, 9:13 pm

"Fiery passion, I see," Daniel said, tipping his Oakley's down just a bit so he could peer over the top of the lenses at the girl. "Since you didn't say the magic word and I don't much care for your attitude, even though your tiny anger is cute, I'm..." The Alaskan trailed off for a moment and looked pensive. He'd just seen the film for the first time, movies had not been much of a thing in his childhood. It had been a good movie though.

How had the line gone?

"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request," he said after a second, recalling the line and growling it in his best impression of Captain Barbossa, which was not all that impressive of an impression. "Means no. This ain't that big a blizzard and it's too hot." He flipped his shades back up over his eyes and smirked in Arian's direction.

"Plus, I don't think you got the power to carry out that threat, little lady," he concluded. With that final remark, he promptly sank out of site. For all intents and purposes, it seemed as if he had vaporized himself into the blizzard itself. In truth, he had merely allowed his body to sink down into the block of ice he'd been using as a chair.

A moment later a nonverbal, but formal-ish, invitation was issued to Arian to hit him with her best shot when a single arm extended straight up from the block of ice and flashed her the same crude gesture that Daniel had given to the sun, in duplicate, a few mere moments before.

Notes:
    Ice Construct Cooldown: 1/3
    Blizzard Active: 4/6
    Icy Sanctuary Active... hopefully you don't melt that ice any, it's just barely a big enough block to be sufficient to hide in.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/2/2018, 6:56 pm

Oh great. Looked like he was one of those people who found a special solace in being a pain in other's πυγῶν. As a seventeen year old female she'd heard her share of misogynistic jibes, so she flipped through his insults and cooled down a little. He's a troll, she realized as an icy middle finger shot up from the gleaming chair. Well at least now she knew where he'd disappeared to. Not very strategic of him to give away his position like that, but she was not complaining. Troll or not, she was gonna get her inspiration back.

The warmth was still flowing around her, glowing in response to her thoughts. What should I do, she mused. UV emissions? A nice loud decibel crash? But just as she thought that, she knew what would really blast this blizzard to bits. She was not allowed to do it for Capture-the-Flag due to the presence of very combustible trees…. but this was the cabin's courtyard. Nothing but grass. No shrubbery - well, unless you counted the Demeter house, which was at a reasonable distance from where they were at. The cabins would be safe.
    Arian cracked her knuckles. "Hope you packed some sunblock, my dude. Δύναμι ἡλιακε." A burst of bright light lashed into existence. The grass turned black and crumpled to dust. The air grew crisp, all the moisture sucked out as a solar flare emanated from her body.

OOC: Since you've been doing this, im gonna do the same:

Solar flare/ solar aura: post 1/4
    Mack
    Mack

Male

Post by Mack 7/2/2018, 7:28 pm

Daniel could tell that the girl was carrying on out in the blizzard. Whatever. It's not like she could get him inside his icy, if tiny, fortress of solitude. Superman, for the win. As she continued to carry on, unable or unwilling to revel in the defeat of their mutual summery enemy Daniel extended both of his arms out through the top of the ice block a second time, and flipped Arian a double bird. Maybe birds were the sacred animal of her godly parent, which was why she liked seeing them so much.

He had just extended both fingers when there was a sharp crack in the slab of ice that had, until seconds before been his lawn chair. The crack extended all the way down the middle of the slab and the teenager abruptly found himself laying atop the two pieces of ice, neither of which was capable of hiding him now since neither piece, individually was of sufficient size. The grass all around the area was black. Not brown. Not brown. Straight up black. "Sweet Jesus," the Alaskan yelped, rolling sideways off of the broken slab of ice to take shelter behind as the girl's heat based powers caused his blizzard to be completely flash evaporated.

"Who's your mom? The Greek Goddess of PMS?!? Talk about a hot flash!"

Well, if that was how she wanted to play, fine. Two could play this game. And cold always beat heat. Always.

As he rolled into a backward somersault away from the nearly melted ice chair, plates of super dense icy armor sprouted from Daniel's body. A Greek-style breast plate, greaves, and braces seemingly grew from the Alaskan's body as he rolled backwards and popped to his feet. A Spartan-style Thracian helmet made of the same ice, with the styleized appearance of a Lynx's head seemed to materialize from thin air around his head. On his left arm, a two inch thick round shield of ice that would protect him from mid-chest to knees formed, bearing the engraved image of Mount Haemus. In his right hand, an icy Hoplite's spear that was seven and a half feet long took shape. The complete set of armor gave Daniel the appearance of an overgrown and anthropomorphized icy lynx hoplite, as he stood before Arian.

"Winter always wins, summer has to play nice," he hissed, then he slammed the business end of the icy spear into the blackened ground at his feet. Obviously, he wasn't about to turn the business end of the weapon on another camper, and a girl camper at that.

"So, summer should ask nicely if it wants to be summer," he called over the top of his round shield as he brought round shield around in front of his body to defend against the next heat attack. No way was this over, at least he was pretty sure it wasn't. "I'm just getting warmed up, babe... uh, not literally... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!"

Notes:
    It's an easy way for me to keep track of what I've used and when I can use it again. This may prove to be an interesting semi-fight.

Ice Construct Cooldown: Ready
    Blizzard Cooldown (2 Posts Used, CD=3 posts): 3/3
    Icy Sanctuary MELTED! OH NOES!
    Winter's Knight Active: 10/10 (I anticipate the armor melting before 10 posts)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/5/2018, 7:32 pm

The solar glow receded, leaving a shimmer of heat in the air as it disappeared. Arian could hear nymphs sigh in relief and immediately felt guilty; she hadn't thought of aurae.
    But her face was still blank with anger as she turned to the winter demigod, who was now clearly asking for a fight in his heavy lynx armour. The ice glimmered in the sun.

"Why would I fight you? I've got what I want." She pointed at the clear skies. "Now be a good boy and go play somewhere else. Nice armour by the way." Sheathing her sword, she turned on her heels and strode back to her cabin. By the Muses, she hoped her tablet was intact…!
    Mack
    Mack

Male

Post by Mack 7/6/2018, 1:31 pm

"This is not over," Daniel said, holding out his right hand and snapping his fingers. There was a series of sharp cracks as the ice armor fell from his body and he shook his left arm to dislodge the shield, which fell to the blackened earth with a dull thud. He was not about to let summer, or a girl, beat him. More importantly, he was not about to roast himself in the summer heat or hide in the Khione Cabin just to avoid the heat. He had been here first, and he could keep up this weather game all day long if need be. He blinked behind his Oakley's when the girl complimented his armor.

"Thanks," he said in a tone that made it clear he was not altogether sure if she was giving a compliment or not. Holding his hands out towards the armor pieces, he closed his emerald eyes for a moment and focused on them. Slowly, they fused themselves together and reformed into another ice chair with a bit of help from Daniel. "But I was here first and the blizzard is coming back, babe," the Alaskan said stubbornly, dropping onto the new ice chair. "Just need some time to recharge."

Notes:
    Ice Construct Cooldown: 3/3
    Blizzard Cooldown: 2/3
    Winter's Knight Cooldown: 2/2 (1 turn used, CD=2 posts)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 3:18 pm