A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Charles Fillet - Keto

moony one

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2018-10-09

Charles Fillet - Keto Empty Charles Fillet - Keto

Post by moony one 10/10/2018, 12:54 am

Name: Charles "Chuck" "Chuckie" "Squirt" Fillet
    Mortal Parent: Arthur Fillet. A mortal with Clear Sight. Mid 40s, a biologist and author.
    God Parent: Keto- Goddess of Large Marine life and Sea Monsters
    Date of Birth: October 12th, 2004
    Place of Birth: Cape Mane, New Jersey.
    Hometown/Last Residence: Elizabeth City, North Carolina
    Race: Caucasian
    Ethnicity: American
    Accent: Slight Southern twang
    Skin Tone: Tanned Caucasian
    Eye Color: Deep blue
    Hair Color: Sandy Blonde
    Hair Length: Neck length and uneven, like it was cut with a pair of crazy scissors or a kitchen knife.
    Height: Five foot Seven inches
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Body Type: Lean and slightly toned.
    Appearance: Lean and fit, with long scruffy hair and a tan. Had he actually had the attitude for it he would've made a good surfer. However, he's usually seen with an almost paranoid frown on his face, and a look of deep distrust. He always seems to think he's going to get jumped, and he's more than ready to go down swinging. Small scars decorate most of his body, though often the only ones that can be seen are the ones up and down his arms and one small scar on his left cheek.
    Weapon: Celestial bronze spear that can be collapsed into a ring he wears on his right ring finger. Activated by flicking one side of the ring with his thumb.
    Armor: A Celestial bronze round shield, disguised as a wrist watch on his left wrist. Activated with the word "Guard"
    Pet(s): None
    Skills: A good swimmer, a good runner, adaptable and excellent stamina.
    Talents: A fighter through and through, though he sometimes doesn't know when to stop. Good in the forge, though no where near the level of a child of Hephaestus.
    Flaws: Mental-Paranoia. Charles has had a bit of an unconventional upbringing and because of this he's always under the assumption that something or someone is out to get him. Sometimes he's right, most of the time he's wrong. Charles also has a few anger problems, which manifest mostly in a fight, leading to an almost berserker level loss of control. Poor impulse control, even for a demigod with ADHD. Overly protective of people he cares about, including family and what few friends he has.
    Physical-Scars over both arms, back, and one on his face, and a slightly crooked nose that has been broken and set more than once.
    Strengths: He adapts to situations very quickly.
    Weaknesses: He keeps to himself quite a bit, and isn't very trusting of strangers. Because of this he has a hard time making friends. Most people find him a bit...intense, which makes it harder for them to make friends with him. He's often alone.
    Likes: A moon lit beach. The sounds of a forge working. Sweet foods.
    Dislikes: Football. Tofu. Kimchi.
    Fears:Losing his dad
    Personality: In one word, gruff. Charles doesn't say much and isn't very sociable, if one were to get him talking, he often times comes off as aloof or moody. He is very protective of his family and friends, though, and if alone with friends you might even be able to get him to smile. Surprisingly, he’s also fairly studious, though he is more of the learn by doing type than the bookish scholar. He does carry a dog-eared copy of “A Gentleman's Guide to Seamonsters and other Marine Megafauna”.
    Abilities:

Water breathing and immunity to cold and water pressure when submerged.

Stronger than normal senses.

Monstrous scent- Due to his mother being the mother of sea monsters, most beings with the ability to tell by scent (satyrs, animals, monsters) say he smells like a demigod wearing a ton of monster brand aftershave. This has the chance to confuse some of the weaker minded monsters and, with convincing, turn them away. This smell is even more powerful when fully submerged

Powers: Communication with sea monsters- After listening to the hissing, roaring, or general noises that sea based monsters make for two posts, he can, generally, figure out how to communicate with a large water creature. This includes whales, squid, sharks, and most marine monsters.
    Social Status: Loner
    Summer or Year Rounder: Summer
    Years at Camp: 3
    Life Before Camp: Arthur Fillet, literally, wrote the book on monsters. Having the ability to see through the Mist since childhood, Arthur became fascinated by the world around him, both the things everyone saw and the things only he seemed to be able to see. As he grew older he became a doctor, and something of an explorer. He’d go all over researching the modern myths. He even, unknowingly at the time, came into contact with a certain centaur who helped run a summer camp on his journeys. It wasn’t necessarily a close relationship, but it was a relationship that opened up a whole new avenue for his career. It gave him an audience, and money to line his pockets. Specifically for this camp, he wrote several books multiple copies of which are still sold in the camp store (The first edition prints are housed safely in the Athena cabin); ‘An interview with a Cyclops’ ‘Drakons, Dragons, and Snakes, Oh my!’ ‘Cat’s paw: What to do when you find a giant feline’ and many others.
    It wasn’t an understatement to say the man had talent, and he attracted the eyes of the gods themselves. It was never really stated who or which god first took notice of Arthur, but it became clear which goddess stuck her claim on him. It was in the middle of writing his latest book “A Gentleman's guide to Sea serpents and other Marine Megafauna” That Arthur first met, and fell in love with the goddess Keto and not long after that, they had a son, Charles.
    Arthur eventually settled, with Charles, in North Carolina, next door to Mrs. O’Riley, a northern cyclops he had interviewed for one of his books. He tried to give Charles as normal a life as possible...but it was a bit difficult when the little boy had his mother’s love of dangerous things, and his father’s inquisitive nature. More often than not Charles, and Mrs. O’Riley’s boy LT, would get into all sorts of things, like getting into fights with other kids, finding and subsequently attempting to fend off some animal or other monster, once the two had even dragged home a washed up tiger shark and tried to keep it in the bathtub.
    That all changed the day the goat man came. It had taken a long time for the satyr to recognize Charles’ scent. But eventually, he picked up the distinct whiff of demigod hidden under all that monster smell. He didn’t quite expect to be tied up and dragged into the home by two rowdy preteens, or for the parent of the child he was looking for to be someone known to the camp, but he got over his fit of nerves much faster than most satyrs did. He explained that he was there to offer Charles a place at camp for training and after quite a bit of discussion, and the threat of goat stew cooked up by the neighbors, Charles eventually relented, and agreed to go. He wasn’t at all thrilled about the idea. Through most of his life Arthur had shared with him the old stories, Medusa and Perseus, the Trials of Hercules, and many others. He never really told his father but more often than not he emphasized more with the monsters, plenty of whom were just minding their own business, than the heroes that killed them. But the deal was made, and he was off to camp for training. The O’rileys made Chuck a pair of going away presents, he gave his dad a hug, and set off, unsure of anything that lay before him.
    Role-playing Example:
    Charles lets out a sigh, staring off at the sea. It was a cool evening, unseasonably so for this time of year, but the cold salty air coming off the sound felt good, as did the relative solitude. He still kept one wary eye out for anyone approaching, despite the lack of attacks, being around so many demigods still made him nervous. After all, demigods and monsters were mortal enemies and thanks to Keto he was some sort of freak misfit among other misfits. A broken demigod who lived like a monster. Still, he mused, it could be worse. He could be floating across the Styx with the knowledge that he hadn't lived anywhere near good enough for Elysium. At least he still had plenty of time left to make his mark on the world.
    Notes:

Last edited by moony one on 10/20/2018, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character profile update.)
    moony one

Male

Charles Fillet - Keto Empty Re: Charles Fillet - Keto

Post by moony one 10/17/2018, 9:51 pm

Anyone?
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Post by FinnsRainbow 10/18/2018, 7:00 pm

Hey whats up pal. Sorry it took so long, staff is quite busy irl. Anyway, lets get to your form! =)

- Sorry, can't allow the being raised by Cyclopes bit. He can be like, buddies with Cyclopes during his life but being raised by them… idk unless morgan says differently, it's a no from me.
    - i think scars Arent necessarily physical flaws. from what i understand, physical flaws are more like, 'what is not conventionally attractive about your character's appearance'//'things he doesnt like about his face'
    - you need a couple more personality traits there
    - how is his power related to Keto?
    - ok but how did a literal toddler survive on the roads? How did he learn anything? Who taught him to speak, to read? Who gave him food? Who treated his illnesses? It's a cool backstory but it just doesnt add up

Rest is good bro =)
    moony one

Male

Post by moony one 10/18/2018, 8:46 pm

In regards to his family, I'll wait for the approval/disapproval on that one, since I'd completely need to rework the character for it. I don't really have the time right now to do a complete rewrite.

The scars are the only thing I can think of that he'd see and point out to be unattractive about himself. It's not much I know, but they sort of remind him of times when he was just a hair too slow, or stepped wrong, or just...failed to fight correctly.

I'll continue working on the personality traits. Moving on.

The power though...well I actually have two reasons why I thought that'd be a good idea; One, monsters, in the real world sense at least, and to a much lesser extent in the books, are made from what man kind fear, that's why there're always monsters in any civilization's myths, without question. A more in universe explanation is, it's simply genetic. It's a trait all children of Keto have to varying degrees and at one particular point, Athena took a child of Keto cranked that ability up to 11 and broke the knob off on it, creating one of the most famous monsters in all of greek mythology.

And finally, I didn't say he was a toddler when he ran away, he was five. Not exactly a big difference, granted, but he's closer to the age Annabeth was when she ran away from home, and he found the Fillets after just three years on his own. Keto in the Riordan-verse, is a fairly low tier goddess, and given his own scent, he could've evaded or avoided detection from the worst monsters out there. So...to answer your question...he took care of himself, and relied on the kindness of strangers.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Post by FinnsRainbow 10/18/2018, 9:29 pm

- Gotcha, I'll message Morgan. but tbh I don't see her approving it either.
    - So... if he didn't have the scars, he'd consider himself perfectly beautiful & flawless?
    - Eh... it seems more like something in the domain of Phobos or Deimos if you ask me. They're the gods of fear. I think in canon monsters were more made of everything negative about humankind, and demigods symbolized the constant battle between good and evil? Look, if you really want that power I can approve it (granted you add post limits & cool downs) but tbh with Keto you could go for so many things. He could communicate with sea monsters, or summon sealife. That includes white sharks, dude. Stingrays. Sick jellyfish and poisonous squid. Idk man, just my 2 drachmas on the subject
    - uh... yeah… still a no from me. No 5 year old could survive simply bc he "took care of himself", no matter how many kind strangers he found (and tbh if the strangers really were that kind they would've taken him in or brought him to the police/child protective services. Just saying. If I see a homeless 5 year old on the street, you bet your left buttcheek I'm bringing him home with me and telling the authorities). A child that young could never have the life skills to make it in the streets. Annabeth was 7, yes, but she had lived in a family before. She knew how to behave, how to speak, read, count, etc. She went to kindergarten at the very least and got some social skills.
    - And tbqh even if Charles was not a demigod at all, the dangers are so goddamn high. In shady neighbourhoods especially (which it seems he was in). I know I technically shouldn't say this cause the site is PG13 but … pimps are a thing… and defenseless children are very much a target, no matter whether they're boys or girls.

so yeah all in all, add some bits he doesn't like about his face (idk the shape of his nose or something), think about the powers & make the LBC a wee bit more realistic
    moony one

Male

Post by moony one 10/18/2018, 10:22 pm

I'll give it a good rewrite tomorrow when I get home from work and set it up for another round of review.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 10/24/2018, 7:01 am

Heya, please let us know when it's good for review again! :) we're looking forward to RP with you!
    moony one

Male

Post by moony one 10/24/2018, 10:22 pm

Oh it's ready for review right now! Sorry, I should've said earlier.
    moony one

Male

Post by moony one 11/19/2018, 6:32 pm

Hello?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 1:27 am