A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

but i won't quit [private]

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

but i won't quit [private] Empty but i won't quit [private]

Post by honey 4/13/2021, 5:46 pm

QINGYE YU
    YOU NEVER GAVE A WARNING SIGN
    "Alright, fall in!" Qingye barks, her voice carrying over the space of field allotted to the group of demigods she’s been assigned to train today. She’s barely broken a sweat, hair only slightly sticking to her forehead where she’s pulled it back into a ponytail. On the other hand, her group - all demigods on the newer side in cohort three, from about thirteen to fifteen years old - are wheezing, hunching over in an attempt to catch their breaths. And, you know, that’s fine, even expected!

What’s absolutely pathetic is that the ex-camper training partner she was assigned is laying on a bench to the side, having been dumped there unceremoniously after he was (accidentally!) knocked out by a legionnaire only thirty minutes into practice.

Qingye has had to train these kids for the following hour, by herself, which normally wouldn’t be a problem except that this group is a handful seeing as there’s more of them than usual, and that there’s a legacy of Mars in the group who is somehow simultaneously violent and incredibly clumsy.

Other than that one demigod, however, Qingye’s not particularly displeased with the outcome of today’s training. They’re willing and ready to be molded and shaped into good fighters, and take her sharp criticism with open ears. She displays this with a slightly softer scowl than normal as she stares the kids down. ”I’m not impressed by what I’ve seen today,” she snaps bluntly, but doesn’t wait to see the sagging of their shoulders before she adds on, ”but you better not let me down next time. I expect greater things from you. Dismissed!”

She turns away from them to pick up her water bottle from the grass and take a long drink, as they disperse, chattering tiredly. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she catches a glimpse of a woman heading towards her. Qingye vaguely remembers her as a centurion around the same time Qingye led the second cohort, though she’s not sure of her name or what cohort the woman was from. Checking the watch at her wrist, Qingye supposes her to be her training partner’s replacement (and good riddance!) since the next group is due to arrive in about ten minutes.

”Hi,” Qingye calls out gruffly, “are you this guy’s replacement?”
    TAG: QINGYE + TIBERIA | NOTES: SORRY THIS IS A LOT LONGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE! THE NEXT POSTS PROBABLY WON'T BE SO LONG HAHA
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

but i won't quit [private] Empty Re: but i won't quit [private]

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2021, 12:52 pm

Being back in the barracks felt good. Although she knew she had outgrown this part of the Legion, it was still nice to come back every now and then. Her life may be in the city now, but Camp Jupiter would always be her home.
    Tiberia had to admit, it was especially nice putting her centurion armour back on. Before leaving the legion, she had managed to graduate from optio to centurio and decorated her breastplate with a fair number of phalerae. The amount of medals she'd gotten almost rivalled Romulus'. Helmet under her arm, hobnail boots at her feet, she entered the training area fresh and ready to shout orders at the new recruits.
    Instead, she was immediately met with Qingye's gruff tone and inquisitive eyes. Tiberia remembered her from her years of service. She used to be in the 2nd Cohort, and managed to get herself quite an impressive curriculum. Although her and Tiberia had never been close friends, she had always respected her.
    "Yup, that's me," Tiberia said with a slight nod before looking around. "What happened here? It looks like the aftermath of Cannae."

OOC: Sorry it's so short D:
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 4/29/2021, 9:58 am

you never gave a warning sign
    but i won't quit [private] 630a159e7e7b4c824f55e3026d2d17e41f70c7a7
    QINGYE YU

With a quick glance at the woman (Tiberia, she remembered suddenly), Qingye decided she liked her - or at least respected her. She didn't seem to mince words or go on unnecessarily, and Qingye could tell by her bearing and the glinting phalerae on her neat armor that she takes her job seriously (although Qingye forced her quiet jealousy to shut up and not count and see if Tiberia had more phalerae than herself).

Qingye snorted under her breath. "Almost," she said, folding her arms across her chest. "The kids seemed like they've never done a drill in their lives, plus a thirteen year old knocked that guy out with one swing." She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the bench. She'd tried to wake him up during a five minute water break, but he hadn't budged - and, well, Qingye didn't much care for someone who signed up to train legionnaires but couldn't even defend himself against a girl that didn't even reach his chin, so she'd just left him there. He wasn't her responsibility anymore, anyways.

Looking back at Tiberia, she settled for some few minutes of necessary small talk until the next group arrived. "So. Have you been volunteer training for long?"

ooc: sorry it took so long to post something short - I've been swamped with finals but I really wanted to post for them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 2:08 pm