A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+49
Holly
lost shadow
communist
Perca
kaitycat4
daddeme
Ness99
Lt. Chris Shay
BlackJack123
Number3
Jordan
shortyy.xo
Jazon fett
WolfGirl
Amy Pond
honey
nix
Lady Arbitrary
Nero
AlexandraReed
Ally
Mason
Arik
magnetonrobo
Kendall
Arcas
Belle Mclean
natewolfe
Skyler
Nemesis
Trevor
SonofChaos
Cheesepuff
Stuart35
Maybe
BlackHawk
Helios
Caleb the Shinobi
Dangeresque
Steve Rogers
Triton101
Panda Coffee
Puppetmaster
amywerewolf2398
pilot
Fighter
creaturetamer
Dorkette
Ace of Spades
53 posters

Hunting Monsters

Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2010-06-13

Hunting Monsters Empty Hunting Monsters

Post by Ace of Spades 12/1/2010, 7:46 pm

Viper quietly walked in the Southern Forest, ready to hunt some mythological beasts. He had his lance at hand and his longsword sheathed on his back. The teenager was an experienced fighter and a veteran in silent stalking after having to do so for more than five years; two of which consisted fighting for his life to reach camp. Most campers were found by a searcher or protector that guided them safely to camp in a few days, few weeks tops. Viper, however, along with Isabelle and Alec were the few 'lucky' ones who had to sought a different, longer, more circuitous route to camp. During those past adventures, he had to learn how to fight and survive, and he had to learn fast.

After nearly fifteen minutes of silent treading, he spotted something in the distance. He couldn't clearly recognize the silhouette since it was nearly sixty yards away, and it was the middle of the night. He broke into brisk pace as the being disappeared ahead, deeper into the woods. The south side of the Deadly Forest usually had less monsters than its northern counterpart, but more unique and deadly ones to compensate. The shadow was a large, bulky mass, which could have easily intimidated the younger, less experienced, aspiring monster hunters, but not Viper. He loved the thrill of the chase, the adrenaline during battle, and the triumph of victory. This dangerous hobby was developed during his journey to camp, since he was forced to defend himself, but he soon learned that he could turn it into a sport.

He soon reached the beast, which had stopped to sit down and rest. A closer look revealed it to be a Gegenee, a six-armed giant; it looked like each hand wielded a giant, crude claymore, as well. Well this is gonna be more difficult than I thought. He thought as he realized what he'd be facing. The Gegenees weren't the tribe of giants you'd want to be messing with, but then again, this was Viper after all.

He circled around the foe, using the shadows of the night and his forest surroundings to conceal his position. Once he was just a few feet behind the still unknowing giant, he took out a case out of his pocket. Opening it, it revealed a specialized dart shooter and a dozen darts, which were all secreted with basilisk venom. Basilisk's could kill just by direct touch, much like the natural red-eyed tree frog. The toxin was hard to come by, and Viper only had a few vials left of the stuff until he would need to use the frog alternative. There was enough punch in each projectile to at least immediately paralyze a human-sized victim for hours on end.

He loaded a dart and blew into the shooter, letting the small missile fly right into the giant's neck. The giant sat straight up and smacked his neck with one of its arms like it some giant mosquito bit him, but it only worsened its situation since that let the venom get into its system even faster. The Gegenee tried standing up, but realized that his movement had become staggeringly slow. It used its lower two arms with swords to push itself upright. When it stood, it had little control of its legs because his limbs wobbled with uncertainty.

In this time, Viper had put away his dart shooter back in the case and put that back into his pocket. He then picked up his lance and brandished his longsword from his back. By the time the giant had slowly stood up, Viper was already upon his prey. He jabbed its navel with his lance while simultaneously shanking with his sword where the heart ought to be. He plunged both weapons in their respective wounds, increasing the damage. The Gegenee tried to react, but it was too slow due to the toxin to do anything. It couldn't do anything but accept its quick, painful death. 

He took out his weapons and watched as the monster fell forward. It had exploded like fireworks with sparkling, golden particles shining brightly in the moonlight. Smirking to himself, he transformed his sword and lance into a pencil and pen, respectively. It wasn't exactly the exciting challenge he was looking for, and he was still hungry for a more elusive victim to entertain him. His insomnia was acting up, so he chose to stay longer and look for another monster. Viper sensed someone quite a distance away and decided to flee the other direction for the time being, but he was still in the large southern woods.

Wyatt entered the Southern Forest with confused thoughts from what had happened. His mind was thrown off game, and he didn't know what he wanted to do now, exactly. He didn't want to get any farther with Lila, that was an unmistakeable given. He had a job, and he wouldn't be able to perform it well if he allowed his emotions get in the way. That's one of the values Drake had told him to always uphold- goals before feelings. It's what got him to survive this far, and he didn't want to break that rule.

Sighing, he took out his lighter, and let it transform into Inferno. There was a glowing, red hue coming from the blade, as if embers were hidden within the sword, surging with heat and power. He smiled as he stared into his weapon; it helped him get back on track and remind him that he was here to hunt. He patrolled the edge of the woods while waiting for Lila. He didn't want her to stay alone for very long once she was here, even with her beast to protect her, too, since it was the middle of the night and this place was teeming with monsters.
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 52688
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Hunting Monsters Empty Re: Hunting Monsters

Post by Dorkette 12/1/2010, 9:51 pm

Lila walks in stealthily, her black clothes hiding her in the shadows. If you look hard enough you could see where the moon blindingly showed the small amount of white hair that was shown. Her eyes, dazlingly bright and full of life, glitter insanely with excitement. This will be one of few times she's truly alone with Wyatt, even if he doesn't truly want to be alone with her. From where she has entered the southern woods, she can't find Wyatt and decides, simply, he must have ventured further into the large forest. Taking a deep breath she quietly expands her knowledge of the forest as she ventures further, and deeper, in search for Wyatt,
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2010-06-13

Post by Ace of Spades 12/1/2010, 10:59 pm

Viper got farther from the edge of the forest, strategically flanking away from the heart of the woods, and was getting closer to the property line on the west side of camp. This was where many campers probably left without permission, even though the monsters got more dangerous, hostile, and sporadically placed throughout the surroundings of the camp. He had his weapons in Mist mode, taking a considerable amount of weight off of him and allowing him to go faster on foot. Running and other aerobic exercises/sports, particularly parkour, were very facile for him, and he loved to move around. His ADHD only worsened those obsessions, but still his passions also augmented his love for the hunt and battle.

He thought of taking flight with his special Converse, but decided to put it off for later. As he kept up his quiet, brisk pace, he changed routes and was now running along the property line, still safely within the boundaries by some several dozen yards. Viper was hoping to resupply his low amount of basilisk venom tonight, but the wily monsters were rarely around, especially since they favored the summer months, and seeing one often meant seeing half a dozen orlre in its pack. Though they may travel together, the beasts are able to keep a low profile and move quite swiftly in the environment. Nevertheless, Viper continued his night search.

Wyatt estimated that it's been around twenty minutes and there was still no physical sign of Lila anywhere. Frowning, he lowered his mental defenses and tried to reach her via Empathy Link. Lila, where are you? He asked in a concerned tone. The nocturnal demons of the forest were at their prime right now, and if she was already here without him to help her, there could be serious trouble. Especially since she's still considered sick. It would be his fault for allowing her to go even while he knew she was, and his objective of protecting her would be drastically endangered, as well.

He tried another use of the link. Wyatt has already honed his skill of sensing other people's presence, and the link only aided in that by increasing the range and accuracy of the mental radar it gave him. Right now, Lila was like a bright, red dot on his map. He dimmed the glow of his zweihander until it was nothing and decided to run toward the direction the link was telling him. Still wanting a reply, he stopped himself from putting back the mind walls and waited for a reply.
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 52688
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Dorkette 12/1/2010, 11:08 pm

Looking for you Mr. I'll Randomly Venture Farther Into The Forest Without Waiting For Lila. She hisses in her mind. Oh, how redundant that the idiot that left her alone to find him, would ask where she was? Leaping over a vine, she stumbles but catches herself with her hands, still quieter than quiet, but cutting her hands on some unseen thorns in the dark. Cursing lightly, she thinks about setting a hand ablaze to see exactly where she id, but she knows better and continues to walk after picking herself up. Changing direction drastically and quickly she begins to run, now the complete opposite direction of Wyatt...She has no clue where he is, but she's going to find him if it kills her. After searching for hours with no luck, she frowns deeply, sighing. How could she have not found him by now. Wyatt...she wanted to find him so bad. She leaves, wishing this trip hadn't been such a stupid loss.
    creaturetamer
    creaturetamer

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2011-02-06

Post by creaturetamer 2/26/2011, 3:54 pm

I walk in, dagger held tight in my hand. I wasnt going to use and powers this time.
    I thought I heard the snapping of twigs behind me. I slowly turned around, but there was nothing. I sighed with relef. I didnt know why I was so junpy, I didnt like it.
    I turned back around to keep going, but was ambushed by a huge scorpion. I quickly rolled to the left to avoide its stinfer at the end of its tail.
    ...I forgot the claws...
    I rolled right into one of its claw. Luckly I was able to move, but it still got my ankle. I screamed in pain. Then in pure anger and pain, I turned and staired into its eye, useing almost all the power I had. It was so scared of what I was making it see, It exsplited into dust.
    I limped to the informy, tired and hurt.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3171
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Hunting Monsters Empty Fight the most horrible monsters!

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 5:52 pm

I run in, and pull Ares from my pocket. I look around for a monster.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 11772
    Registration date : 2010-10-15

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:03 pm

i walk in, with my electric spear.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 6:05 pm

I look behind me to Clarisse. I smile. I noticed, she was tall, but then, she was 5 years older than me. I see a shadow in the distance. I turn my body to it.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:07 pm

i see the shadow and flip my spear into a fighting position.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 6:11 pm

I feel a burst of wind from in front of me. I close my eyes, and stepped back, the blast was strong. When I opened my eyes, a storm spirit was infront of my and Clarisse. I roll my eyes, "oh great"
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:13 pm

"great." i say sarcasticly. i stab at the spirt with my spear.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 6:16 pm

It splits in two as Clarisse slices. When the spear is through, it comes back together, and it's hand becomes light with lightning. "Clarisse" I said with a warning tone, "Is that the spear with the electric!"
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:24 pm

"yeah but i didnt turn the electric on." i say.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 6:26 pm

I took a quick breath, "ok, but the spirit still has lightning!" I jump out of the way, and the lightning hits the spot I was. "So, suggestions?"
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:29 pm

i dodge a lightining bolt. "yeah..... um....... dont get killed!"
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 6:32 pm

"That's probebly a givin!" I say. I run to the spirit, and slash at it's head.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 6:36 pm

"i know thats my excuse for not having a plan yet!" i say as i slash my knife at the sprits stomach. i tried to remember the sprits weak spot but couldn't.
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/25/2011, 8:11 pm

I thought, should I go for it? I jump above the storm spirit, and slash down Ares in the spirit's shoulderblade. I swiped clean through, and it evaporated into golden dust.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/25/2011, 8:55 pm

"nice!"
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Fighter 5/27/2011, 3:12 pm

[color=darkred]I smile, "I just thought of the spirit's weak spot," i say. I whipe my brow, "Oh, I'm tiered. I'll be at the coart, and rest if you need me." I walk, and wipe off Ares.[color]
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 5/30/2011, 6:32 pm

"kay i'm going back to the cabin." i say and walk out.
    amywerewolf2398
    amywerewolf2398
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 11182
    Registration date : 2011-02-16

Post by amywerewolf2398 6/16/2011, 2:00 am

I walk in Jaceon behind me as i pull out my katana and my cutlass i start fighting two hell hounds at once one of them getting my shoulder with its claws
    Puppetmaster
    Puppetmaster
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 8794
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

Post by Puppetmaster 6/16/2011, 2:02 am

I ran in and slashed one then twice, chopping one's head off and then my blade caught fire I pointed at the second. "Back off"
    amywerewolf2398
    amywerewolf2398
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 11182
    Registration date : 2011-02-16

Post by amywerewolf2398 6/16/2011, 2:04 am

It was a smaller one so it ran away as i was just starting to have fun I start singing "Funhouse" by Pink "Hey i was enjoying myself there!" I say forgetting about my wound in my shoulder
    Puppetmaster
    Puppetmaster
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 8794
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

Post by Puppetmaster 6/16/2011, 2:05 am

I swung my blade and it put itself out. "Your bleeding out the shoulder babe"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 1:37 am