A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+38
Snuffleasaurus
crryan21
Number3
BlackJack123
sfelling
Lady Arbitrary
WolfGirl
Steve Rogers
Aiden
Rooster Hawk
Cheesepuff
Princess Amy
Fist of Shadows
Bella the Rabbit
Awesome Olympian
Milocross
Dorkette
Random Emo Person
Aves
Ace of Spades
Arya Drottingnu/Illesen
QMeetsWorld
Archer Tyler
B-Jamz
zarcam
ThAlIa37
Voidwalker
Kasi
Kristal Meth
Kimimae
Twig
mabel pines
Willow
Little Miss Sunshine
Evimero
Jake
Daniel
Kendall
42 posters

The Deer Dro -- Er, Zeus's Fist

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

The Deer Dro -- Er, Zeus's Fist - Page 24 Empty Re: The Deer Dro -- Er, Zeus's Fist

Post by Kendall 2/3/2013, 12:06 pm

I tilted my head to the side, trying to piece together everything the girl was spitting out: "It....It.... It is... n.... nice to...today. And...And... I... I ju.... just want....wanted to get... aw... away f... from... stu... st... stuff. What... ab... about y... you?" Clearly, she didn't like talking to strangers; the poor girl was blushing and stuttering up a storm. Her hand was in her pocket, looking a bit nervous; knowing people in camp, it was probably some dangerous weapon disguised as some regular household object -- pens, an iPod, hair clips.... Maybe I should ask my dad for a sword-brick next Christmas, that'd be unique and I could injure idiots with both forms.

I put it all together, albeit a bit slowly, in my head: "It is nice today. And I just wanted to get away from stuff. What about you?" Simple enough to say and reply to; she was making this more difficult for both of us by stuttering, but I guessed that I couldn't blame her much for her personality. Darn you, environment.

I clucked my tongue and half-shrugged at her, placing my hands on my hips. It was a funny habit, but I liked talking to people in this pose; it made me feel slightly superior, even though I usually had nothing to be superior about except for maybe height and bearing. "I'm pretty much trying to do the same thing, doll, 'cept I was trying to be alone." I glanced up at the chip bag, which rustled as a slight breeze blew by. Dang it, Aeolus, you stop that. The wind was messing up my hair; I blew a strand of it out of my face, looking back at the girl. "What's that you have in your pocket there? Magic glitter? Green elixir? Love letters?"

As I spoke, there came a hissing sound from behind me; I turned my head and saw Terron, slithering sluggishly through the grass and dead leaves in the forest. "Oh, look who decided to join us."

He stopped by my foot, curling around my ankle: Well, there was a rat buffet somewhere over yonder and then I heard you coming. Couldn't expect me to starve, could ya? S'your fault for not feeding me.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

The Deer Dro -- Er, Zeus's Fist - Page 24 Empty Re: The Deer Dro -- Er, Zeus's Fist

Post by Josh 2/6/2013, 3:55 am

I look at her standing there with her hands on her hips. She looked like she was towering over me, looking superior. I felt a bit intimidated by it really. I didn't want to annoy her, I didn't know what she was capable of. She looked a bit annoyed or confused by my stutter. I hated it, it was really bad with new people. I just needed someone here I knew! That would solve it all.

I then here her talk to someone else. I wondered who else was here, and then a snake came slithering forward. I didn't mind snakes, they weren't so bad. Well, some were, but not all. Since this one was at camp it was probably a nasty one, but as long as I didn't aggravate it, it shouldn't harm me. Still, it looked as if the snake was actually replying to her and she could understand. Just like I could with horses....

"W... well... I'm s... sorry that I... I'm here, if... if you... want... wanted to be... a... alone." The stutter was getting better. It wasn't as bad as earlier. I guess my confidence was slowly building. I then took the coin out of my pocket to show it to her. "It's... it's... nothing r.... really." I tell her, before flipping the coin and having a short-sword like back in my hand. I showed it to her, but then rubbed the hilt and it collapsed back onto itself and returned back to the shape of a coin, which I continued to hold in my hand.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/8/2013, 3:51 pm

"Nothing? Well, it's definitely something, all right -- even 'nothing' is 'something.'" I paused and frowned, trying to make sense of what I'd said -- I really needed to lay off all those classic novels, they were making me a bit too philosophical today. I would have liked to try more modern things, but I couldn't really look at any of the newer books from the past three to six years without thinking, "Oh Ra, what the hell is all this crap -- why are there so many vampires and werewolves?" I ran a hand through my hair and let out a long breath. "Forget what I just said, I don't understand it myself."

You're making my head hurt, Ben -- stop it, you.

I glanced down at Terron with raised eyebrows. "No, I'd like to keep on going, if you please."

Terron opened his mouth wide, apparently trying to mime a biting motion at my leg. I'll take a chunk out of your leg if I please, Benny --

" -- don't call me that --"

-- and I shall do so the next time you don't feed me. It will be wonderful, won't it? Terron shut his mouth and settled down on my shoe, still partially curled around my ankle. I sneered slightly at him, wondering what the heck was wrong with him today. Terron was normally grumpy, but this was a bit extreme even for him -- maybe he was really hungry when he last bothered me for some food. In that case, I'd have to go spear some rats for him when I had time. If only snakes liked to eat pizza....

I glanced back at the girl, shrugging in a bit of an apologetic way. "You don't need to apologize for being here, by the way -- it was just a coincidence, unless you stalked me and figured out that I wanted to go to Zeus's Fist, and got here before me just to aggravate me. Then that's not okay, but I'm pretty confident that you didn't, so yeah." I nodded from Terron to the girl: "Terron, this is... girl. Girl, this is Terron. Excuse me if I suddenly drop our conversation to talk to him, he's telepathic or something -- if he wants to, he could speak to you too, but he'd probably annoy you."
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 2/20/2013, 3:05 pm

I look at the girl really confused. What she was saying, I had no clue. I sounded smart and philosophical, but I literally had no clue as to what was going on. I wondered what she could be talking about though. I managed to gather that it must have had something to do with books, and she was talking to Ra, a god, but it was weird, calling out loud to a God about Vampires and Werewolves, presumably from a book... Strange...

Then there was the snake... I wasn't a large fan of snakes, I disliked them. Sometimes they were cool and could be strange, but fantastic, pets, but wild snakes... I disliked a lot. They seemed to have a strange relationship though, her and the snake; Terron. They seemed to get on, but also at the same time, liked to argue. Actually, I wasn't sure if this girl liked Terron at all. Still, I decided it would probably be a good idea to actually introduce myself, rather than be reffered to as girl.

"I'm Ciara." I said to. I was surprised for a moment, I didn't stutter at all. I was kind of amused by the stares Terron and the other girl were giving each other, so I guess being amused was making me feel more relaxed, and I was able to speak more comfortably. That, and I had only said two words, so there wasn't much need for a stutter, a longer sentence would still probably have some in there. I also smiled at her longer, strange thing as to me possibly aggravating her, which wasn't true at all. "I was out h..here j...just wandering around. T...then I decided j...just to sit down and relax." So evidently the stutter was still there, but it definitely was not as bad, "Whats y...your name by the... the way? And I... I'm s...sure he isn't all b... bad."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/20/2013, 7:46 pm

Well, that's rude of you, isn't it, Benny? I am perfectly perfect and flawless and majestic and there's no need for you to insult me to this -- this Ciara girl.... The name sounds famliar -- an actress's name, perhaps? Sssomebody famous, I believe I almost threw myself out of the car once because of her. Terron opened his mouth wide, either to yawn or to try biting into my leg.

"The singer one," I muttered to him, still looking at Ciara. "My name's Benji -- I prefer not to have nicknames. Hem, hem, you." I glared down at Terron, whose mouth immediately snapped shut in a sudden fit of annoyance. If I listened closely, I could almost hear him huff as he slithered off my shoe and towards Zeus's fist, towards a small opening between two of the larger rocks. "But yeah, he isn't usually this obnoxious -- he just gets cranky when I don't feed him. Not my fault I don't like hunting for rats, though."

Because I do not desire to do so much work. My brethren at pet stores and zoos do little work for their own food, besides looking pretty in their tanks and being alive at all; I, on the other hand, must hunt for my food because my owner is too lazy to go get me food. Me hunting is a lot less pretty than you handing me my food -- do you know the kinds of places I can get into? Not pretty supermarkets, I assure you. Almost like New York sewers, only with more lovebirds hanging around every corner.

I snorted, folding my arms across my chest. "You're a snake, you've got your instincts and stealth -- you can hunt just fine. Plus, more exercise will burn off that fat you claim to have -- can snakes get really fat, anyway?" Fat snakes -- that'd be absolutely adorable, but a fat Terron would mean that I'd actually have to work to get him stuff to eat.

Without responding to my question, Terron slithered in to the little opening between the rocks, his tail swishing dramatically as he disappeared from view. What a diva. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Ciara apologetically, since it was sort of rude of me to drop off my conversation with her -- even if it was for a telepathic snake. "Well, sorry for that, again. Obnoxious snake and all.... Well, I was wandering around too -- expecting to be alone, but eh. This camp gets larger every day, it seems."
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 2/21/2013, 2:30 pm

I started to smile a bit again, and laughed a little bit. It was really quite funny to watch the two of them arguing. I couldn't actually hear what Terron was saying, but I could hear what Benji, as I had know discovered was her name, was saying to him. I had gathered though that Terron was complaining about Benji not hunting for her. We were out in the forest though, it shouldn't have been too hard for him to find some form of food. Even some berries or something. Did snakes eat berries? I had never studied snakes... I knew very little about them, I knew they ate rats and stuff, and if I didn't, I would have been able to gather it from these conversations, but I wasn't too sure if they would eat fruit or things... I wasn't going to ask though, I didn't want to appear to be a fool in front of Benji. My stutter was embarrassing enough, I didn't need to ridicule myself further by asking what could be an obvious question.

I also thought about if I had anything nicknames... No-one had ever actually called me anything besides Ciara. Could Ciara actually be shortened to anything? Would I like the nickname? I couldn't tell. Still, maybe at some point in the future someone might give me one, then I would be able to decide what I prefer. "I have no nicknames either." I told, without a single stutter. I was really impressing myself. The stutter was going quickly. I guess it really was the amusement between Benji and Terron, they had made me relax. I begun to feel a little nervous again though when she said, "expecting to be alone...", was that an indication for me to leave? Should I go? Should I stay? "I can, uh, leave if you want me to? If you want to go back to being alone? I can just go back to wandering too." I didn't really want to go, these two made me smile, but if it's what she wanted, I would respect that. I wasn't actually sure as to where I would go if she wanted me to go, I couldn't actually remember in which direction I had actually come from, I had been wandering aimlessly, still, I was sure I would make my way back to camp eventually. Or get in a fight...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/22/2013, 3:46 pm

For a moment, I frowned, not understanding why Ciara was suggesting that she should leave until I remembered: I said I'd been expecting to be alone. I hurriedly tried to patch that hole up, explaining: "No, no, it's fine -- you don't have to leave if you don't want to. Like I said, I wasn't expecting somebody to be around, but it's not bad that you're here, either...." I paused, then added: "Plus, if you leave me alone with Terron, I might bash my head in with one of those big rocks over there."

Well, that's perfectly offensive of you. Am I really that bad to you? Terron poked his head out from between the rocks, his forked tongue lazily flicking in and out of his mouth. He slithered back towards us, making one continuous squiggly trail in the dirt until he reached my shoe, where he curled around my ankle and placed the rest of himself the best he could on top of my shoe.

"You know you are," I replied, rubbing my forehead with my left hand. I could hear the sound of that chip bag rustling in the breeze; I couldn't understand how it'd become lodged between two rocks, unless that was intentional. "You try hard."

I do not, he complained, curling tighter around my ankle. Any tighter and he might cut off circulation to my foot. I noticed with a twinge of annoyance that complaining made his creepy hiss for a telepathic voice sound whiny, like a little kid.You provoke me.

"And you do that to me, too, you scaly hypocrite," I retorted, glaring down at him and squinting slightly.

Well, I'm cranky this week -- I don't like hunting for my own food. You know how difficult it is to catch mice around here? Very. Most of them have owners. And you know what those 'owners' do when they see me heading for their pets? They grab the nearest thing and try to hit me with it. Did I tell you, I almost got cut in half by some deranged lunatic in the Athena cabin a month ago-- though why the kid had a mouse, I don't know. Those crazy Athenas have owls and all, and don't owls eat mice? They might eat snakes too, now that I think about it. Terron loosened himself, apparently lost in a reverie of thought. He turned towards Ciara and said, apparently talking to her and me at the same time: Do you know if owls eat snakes, too?
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 2/25/2013, 3:29 pm

ooc: sorry! I would have posted earlier, but my hotmail decided not to notify me... for some strange reason... so I never checked until now. Sorry about that...

I smiled when she was saying about she didn't mind me staying. It made me feel welcome, wanted even. It was a pleasant feeling. I had been enjoying the company of Benji up to that point, it had been amusing to watch her and Terron, it was quite amusing. Though to begin with, I still had to piece together what Terron was saying to Benji, I could only hear what she was saying. It was quite difficult to actually work out what was being said. I had never really thought about how other people would see a conversation like this before, whilst talking to horses, it had never occurred to me. Benji didn't even know I could talk to horses! I didn't need to bring it up yet though, if she asked I'd tell her, but I wasn't sure how she'd take it, so I kept it to myself. Although there was no reason for her to be annoyed by it, I still wasn't sure. Sometimes I was strange like that...

Still, then Terron actually spoke to me too. I was a bit surprised, but not too much. Being spoken too telepathically wasn't new to me. So the only indication of my surprise was a raise of my eyebrows. I wondered if Benji had noticed my lack of surprise. But, at that moment, I just peered up into the sky for a moment, as to show I was thinking about it, and then I scrunched my face when I realised I didn't know. "Some might, I guess. But not all do." Is all I told him, it wasn't the most helpful answer, but it was all I had. I guess that would have to do.

I heard the crisp packet rustling again, and I moved over, grabbed it and pulled it out from between the rocks, then I scrunched it up and put it in my pocket. I looked back over to Benji and said to her, "That was just really getting on my nerves..."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/28/2013, 3:45 pm

Well, that's absolutely horrible. Now I need to be twice as careful -- darned humans and big animals and birds. So many weird pets around here, and I thought I was weird. Terron let out a telepathic groan of despair and sank down onto my shoe, his head laid out on the ground. Flipping leopards and lions and wolves and hellhounds. Why can't people here be normal and get, say, a guinea pig or a dog? Those are nice. They won't tear your face off and they're easier to tame as a pet, not a damned leopard.

Ignoring Terron's complaining, I said to Ciara: "Yeah, same. It was the bag of chips that made me think somebody was around -- you're lucky a satyr or a nymph didn't find see it first, they would have had your head if they found you anywhere around here. Obsessions with nature and anti-littering all."

Do you two think goat tastes good? Terron asked suddenly, raising his head off the ground. Or, heck, even cow?

I looked down at him, frowning slightly. It was slightly harder to see him now, probably because it was either getting on to late afternoon or there was a cloud somewhere overhead -- probably late afternoon. Mr. D didn't really let clouds form or enter camp that often, unless some kid of an air god made one for him-/herself without Mr. D noticing it existed. I didn't like eating goat (mutton?) very much, but I did like beef; I just couldn't see how Terron would eat beef or mutton unless I went and got some for him from the Mess Hall. "You're a bit too small to eat a goat or a cow, aren't you? Unless you plan on taking a chunk out of its leg or something, but it would probably kick you to Canada."

Well, I've always wanted to see Canada, he said, almost wistfully to himself. Maple syrup and moose and Mounties --

"But you'd probably die," I reminded him, shaking my head. "And let's face it, Terron, those are just Canadian stereotypes. Moose aren't always wandering around Canadian streets and lots of people that aren't from Canada like maple syrup, too -- they just don't produce as much as Canada or something. And then there are the Canadians who don't even like maple syrup at all."
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 3/3/2013, 12:26 pm

I laugh at the two of them again. They were bickering again, and Terron was complaining, but I'd gathered that that was what he usually did. At the same time though, it suggested that these two were quite close, though it could also be thought that Benji wanted some more space, still I'd never had a relationship with that. I'd always been the loner sort of person. Even at home I hadn't been very close to anyone. Well, I guess I did have the horses... I had become really close to some of them, so maybe I had had a relationship like these two, but I had never complained about it, so evidently my horses were different to Terron.

"I've never tried goat, but I like beef. Beef is really good." I told Terron, but then I looked back over to Benji, "Yeah I guess I...I... am glad the satyrs didn't find that first, they would probably have killed me. Sometimes they can be soo picky..." I said sighing at the last part, it was true. I had seen them complain many times over little things like that, they were really touchy on subjects involving nature...

And then Benji's statement had made me think, I'd never been to Canada, so I had no idea what it was like, but I guess I did think of a moose being everywhere, and them loving syrup and stuff, but then I realised that that was wrong, and some people had awful stereotypes of Americans... "Where are you from, by the way?" I asked Benji, "I'm from Virginia."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/4/2013, 3:13 pm

"Florida, land of beach blondes, plastic surgery, and beaches. Not a very fun place if you like sitting around in the dark like I do." I blew a strand of hair out of my face, but it flopped back into position like it had never been moved at all. Sighing, I pulled the hair back behind my ear and waited a moment to see if it would try to move again; it didn't, so I continued: "Went to Virginia once with my dad, when I was maybe nine; it was nice there, I guess. Don't remember the town at all, except for this big abandoned hardware store near the town hall or thereabouts. We were there to visit a doctor friend of his or something, I spent most of my time outside with his Newfoundland -- nice dog. Bit big for my liking, but he was a sweetheart.... Unlike you." I looked down at Terron.

Oh, wow -- you can actually feel those types of emotions? Oh, Benny, I'm so proud of you! Terron gushed, lifting his head up high and swaying slightly, still wrapped around my ankle. I'll get you a cake and everything.

"How are you going to get me a cake? It'll be too heavy for you to lift and you'd have a fun time dragging it to my cabin and up those steps you hate so much."

I'll drag it to you with my snakey friends around here. Did you know there are lots of weird foreign snakes around here? Like, from South America and Asia and all. It's ridiculous. It's like a weird pet convention in this place. I almost got killed by wolves twice. Doesn't Chiron care that there are wild, probably untamed animals running around here? I'm surprised half of them don't turn on their owners and maul them and run away -- I mean, I can't kill you because I'm just an itty bitty snake and you'd probably throw me across the room before I tried to strangle you or whatever -- but tigers and wolves? Really? Hamsters and rats, sure, they're delicious and they can't kill you except by disease. But come on, jaguars and lynxes and lions are going to turn on you unless you totally brainwashed them into loving you.

I frowned slightly, pursing my lips into one thin, pink-red line. "Yeah, that is pretty stupid. I'd never let a tiger or a wolf into a place full of kids; this isn't a zoo, even if campers try killing each other every other day. What do you think about wild, 'tame' animals in camp, Ciara?" I looked at her, waiting for an answer.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 3/22/2013, 9:37 pm

I begun to laugh again at Terron. For a snake, he was incredibly funny. It was a completely sarcastic sense of humor, but it made me laugh nonetheless. I couldn't believe she still stayed with him, I was really getting the impression that she hated him at times and would rather get rid of him. It was also evident he liked to complain, and I could see that that was one of the reasons Benji disliked him. I guess if I had to put up with it all the time, I'd probably dislike him too, but this was my first encounter with him, so fortunately I liked him for now.
    "Virginia's a ni...nice p...place, though it can be pretty dull at times. The town I lived near was like that, then again, a lot of the t...towns are. I'd quite like to v...visit Florida at some point, I've never really traveled, I'd like to visit all the states.
    I then thought about the animals and I realised Benji raised a good question. It was true, there were some strange, peculiar animals at camp. How people could keep them as pets, I didn't know. "I agree with you, it does s...seem pretty stu...stupid. Those animals shouldn't be kept as pets, they should be allowed back into the wild. I don't have anything of the sort, the only animals I really spend time around are horses, but I love horses and love riding them. Heck, I enjoy talking to them too..." I then realised I had let slip my power. I thought about it though and realised I shouldn't be ashamed of it, I could talk to horses! It was a pretty cool power, or at least it was in my mind.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/22/2013, 10:20 pm

"Oh, well, you know," I replied flippantly, "talking to animals is fun, especially if they do respond --"

Like me!

" -- in a polite, non-sarcastic, non-whiny way. Hem hem." I stole a glance down at Terron, then back at Ciara with raised eyebrows. "I'd love to pull a zoo break on this place, but... the animals are acting funny. They're too tame, like house cats or something, and it makes me wonder what happened to those instincts of theirs.... But yeah." I frowned slightly, moistening my bottom lip before continuing: "In what sense, exactly, do you talk to horses? Do you hear them talk back?"

Clearly she brushes them and talks about her feelings in a cooing or over-dramatic way thinking it can't understand her. Sorta like most people with their pets.

"Terron, that's rude -- you're aware she can probably still hear you, right?"

I'm kidding, yeesh. You humans are all critics -- like, my cousins are only reptiles but you all have to go and say "Holy crap look, it's a snake! So pretty or so ugly!" Excuse me, we have feelings too, you know. And you judge us for defending ourselves, but when we do kill we might not be acting like cold-blooded man killers like most of you seem to think. So sometimes we bite and kill you -- but do you seriously think we mean to inject venom sometimes? It's like you humans and your saliva, do you choose to produce it and bite into stuff and NOT get saliva on the thing --

"Not this again," I muttered, more to myself than Terron. "You stop that, right now -- nobody wants to hear you rant about snake prejudice or whatever the hell it is you always talk about, especially since I can't understand how you got onto the topic in the first place -- we know it's a stereotype sometimes, but I'm sure Ciara and I understand better than most people. Right?" I looked at Ciara, trying and failing miserably to wink at her to signal she should nod or something in agreement and save us from the rest of Terron's pent-up feelings about snake prejudice.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 3/27/2013, 1:57 pm

I smiled and started to laugh at what she was saying, especially when she directed it at Terron. I liked it how he was agreeing with her, before she turned it on him and put him down. But Benji was right. Many of the exotic animals in camp were too tame. Even hellhounds?! It was far too strange, and wasn't right.
    Terron almost made me feel a little ashamed by what he said. I could hear him, and it just made me feel pretty bad about myself. He did admit to joking, but I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe he wasn't. What if people thought it was like that and thought I was lame for doing so? I didn't want that. "I... I talk to them l... like you do with Terron. I can understand w... what they're s... saying and they un... understand me." I explained to them both.
    I nodded to Benji also, knowing what she meant with the wink. "Sure... sure, snake's are s... sooo mis...misunderstood. They're not t... too bad." I said, trying to hold back a smile, but failing at it. I couldn't help but smile it. At least I managed to hold back laughing. Though I was sure Benji could see I wanted to laugh at the situation.
    "Who's your God-Parent, b...by the way?" I asked her. I just realised throughout our whole conversation neither of us had asked that question. A question which usually started most conversations here at camp. It was nice to get to know someone before knowing that, and they knowing whether they were a child of an important God or not, but I wanted to know actually.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/28/2013, 3:34 pm

Yay, agreement! This is fantabulous. I must get that cake, Benny -- do you know any nice places I could get a cake from? Would the Mess Hall kitchen have any in those big fridges of theirs? Ben? Benny? Terron squeezed my ankle, but I ignored him for the moment to continue my conversation with Ciara. I didn't know how she could stand my jumping from one conversation with her to another with Terron; I would have made an excuse to leave a long time ago, if this happened to me.

"Kuk, Egyptian god of shadows and darkness and all that fun stuff...." I waved my hand to emphasize that I didn't care too much about all of his special titles. "He's represented by frogs and snakes -- he has a male and female form, I don't know why -- so that's why I can talk to this little brat and his little amigos here." I shook the foot Terron was wrapped around, earning a hiss from him. "They're usually really grumpy when I try."

I'll have you know, my friends are not litt --

"Because most of them were probably illegally obtained foreign snakes, were they not?" I cut in smoothly; he was starting up again, but he'd had shorter intervals between rants before. Not really a record this time, that was about two seconds between rants -- I'd counted. "South American snakes, some of 'em, right?"

Unfortunately, he sighed, loosening his grip on my foot. It had been starting to get numb, actually; I shook my foot a bit more to get the blood flowing again. Stupid demigods and their need for amazing pets. Stick with goldfish and puppies, they're easier to keep than pythons and wolves. Psh. Maybe the kids here should just be left with pet rocks or sea monkeys or something, they're common and you don't need to feed 'em much.

"So, horses." I turned back to Ciara, raising an eyebrow at her. I only knew of a few types of demigods that could talk to horses -- kids of Poseidon, maybe kids of Triton, and I might have met a Hecate kid or two who could speak to any animal in general. I didn't remember, nor did I care to. "They sound like absolute fun to talk to. You go hang around the stables much?"
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 3/29/2013, 9:53 pm

Her Dad was Kuk? An Egyptian God? I knew there were some of those people at camp, but never before had I met one. Benji was the first child of an Egyptian God I had ever met. It sounded really cool actually. I didn't really know anything about Egyptian Mythology though... It was a weak subject for me.

I smiled at her and Terron again. They still continued to amuse me, somehow the joke never got worn out. Admittedly it wasn't really the same joke, they kept arguing about something different, yet still it seemed to amuse me.

I could still hear Terron though, and he was right. A lot of the kids here did have the exotic pets, and it probably would be easier if they all had simpler pets. I didn't have a pet, and I found it easier that way. The horses weren't my pets, they were friends. I'd visit them and talk to them and ride around on them, but they were not my pets.

I nodded to her and said, "I guess I do hang around there a lot. My Dad's Pollux, who h... has something to d... do with Horsemanship. And sailors, though I've never been on a b... boat." I confess, "I do enjoy talking to them though, I have conversations with them, like you and Terron, though not all of them like to complain." I start to smile, and giggle a little at that, "But I'll admit, some do. I can also ride a horse well, I will admit." I then decide to ask Benji, "So if I hang around the stables, do you have any hobbies?"

I wait for a moment, but then glance at my wrist to the watch I was wearing. I curse myself slightly, and look back up to Benji, "I'm sorry, I'm late. I didn't realise I had been here so long! I need to go! It was great to meet you, come find me later back in camp!" I tell her, before darting off.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/11/2013, 8:56 pm

Benji raised her hand in farewell, watching Ciara run off back towards camp -- well, now she had nothing to do except bicker with Terron. That was nice. Leaning over, she picked up Terron and began walking back to camp along a clear path through the forest, whistling softly to herself. Maybe a nice, relaxing time hanging out with Peleus would cure her of her boredom, if Terron didn't butt in and use some universal reptile language to annoy the hell out of him.

Benji did not want to be burnt to a crisp today.

ooc: Exit posts suck.
    crryan21
    crryan21

Male
    Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2009-12-22

Post by crryan21 11/13/2014, 9:46 pm

I walk up to Zues's Fist and walk around it until i find a comfortable spot to sit and close my eyes
    Milocross
    Milocross
    3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
    Number of posts : 7772
    Registration date : 2010-01-08

Post by Milocross 11/13/2014, 10:29 pm

Rita was absently wandering around the camp, when she found herself lost. She had been at camp for five years, so she was very confused when she didn't recognize where she was. Was she in the forest? No, she knew the forest from head to toe. It took her a few moments to realize that she was at Zeus' fist, and memories from years ago flooded through her. They were nice memories, with people that had left camp or died by now. Although she was somewhat saddened by the thought, nothing would stop her from having fun.
    So fun she had, she whipped up one of her famous whirlwinds at a slow speed, and jumped right in. Laughing hysterically as she spun around, the whirlwind flew right against a tree, with Rita in it. She fell on the ground as the whirlwind disappeared, her head and back on the ground with her legs up in the air. Her hair was in her face and her snake, Maylene, crawled out of her bag, hissing and wiggling around in discomfort from the dizziness.
    crryan21
    crryan21

Male

Post by crryan21 11/13/2014, 10:34 pm

i look up and see a girl "are you ok ?" i ask her as i stretch out and stand up for my small nap
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 11/13/2014, 10:41 pm

Rita pushed the hair out of her face to see a somewhat tall boy standing there, with dark brown hair like hers. "I'm okay... just a little bruised." she stood up, stumbling a little bit, and looked at him a little more closely. He was only a couple inches taller than her, and his eyes were also dark brown. Like hers. She found is somewhat creepy that they had similar traits, but at least their skin tone was different. Both of them were tan, but Rita was just a tiny bit lighter.
    crryan21
    crryan21

Male

Post by crryan21 11/13/2014, 10:47 pm

i notice her looking at me and realize i know her from somewhere "im spike whats your name ?, you seam dissy are you sure your ok ?"
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 11/13/2014, 11:09 pm

Rita stood up straight, the last bit of her dizziness wearing off. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm Rita."she leaned against the tree to rest a little, she was slightly tired after creating a whirlwind that flew her into a tree.
    crryan21
    crryan21

Male

Post by crryan21 11/14/2014, 10:46 pm

i lean against the tree next to her "do i know you from somewhere"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 10:27 am