A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+73
CallMeCrazy6700
nix
LiaZee
Bell
Cheedos
Bucky Barnes
Jasper
Break
Redzero
pilot
Drgnslr
GwrachSeren
tehking
Daniel
Jules
Keeper_of_the_Dark
Cameron4
tyler oakley
Aaron106
FieryDragon
proxyboy
Snuffleasaurus
Jordan
Ness99
Kat315
BlackJack123
Not_The_Only_One
John
Milocross
Perca
SilverArrow
LynnZee
The Gaurdian
Holly
velisa
Kat The Reject
Ben zexion
Mason
BlackHawk
Samrenango
Lady Reyna
Dorkette
Steve Rogers
shortyy.xo
honey
Stuart35
Nemesis
Tom
daddeme
mewmew
Jennie
Haiden
Athenarox14
ML
Puppetmaster
Katielette
Crazy
Arik
Maria Apollo
Ardelis
mabel pines
Chuck
Princess Amy
Molly Potter
Fighter
Lee
Aiden
Isabelle_Aphrodesia
Kendall
Edgeless Safety Cube
appsoda
Cheesepuff
Aisling Blaise
77 posters

BUYING stuff

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

BUYING stuff - Page 32 Empty Re: BUYING stuff

Post by Kendall 5/27/2013, 7:53 pm

Meagan raised both her eyebrows at the boy, shrugging in response. "Well, they don't earn much money otherwise. Strawberries and grapes aren't exactly the most rare things on the market -- sorta like tourist shops in Cali or Florida or something, only half this stuff could probably kill you. Guess the gods don't help us much with this place, eh?"

She gave the boy a once-over; he was blond and skinny and around her height. Clearly not a son of Aphrodite -- those guys were pretty damned hot -- but he wasn't totally ugly like some of the jerks in the Ares cabin, so she assumed that that was good. This wasn't Cali, though; there weren't hot surfer guys running around like back home, where she could easily have picked out a guy and gotten him to date her. She glanced back at the counter and found, to her confusion, a cashier standing there behind the counter and next to the now-dirty glass case, counting up the drachmas in the register. Her eyebrow shot up so fast it made her headache worse, so she was forced to lower it and rub her temples, breathing slowly to try relieving the pain in her head. Damned powers took too much out of her -- she didn't understand how David lasted so long making pillars of earth and crap, when she couldn't even roll a few stones without getting a mild headache. Meagan guessed she had low pain tolerance or something, or her powers brought out a new form of headache for demigods. It wouldn't be too difficult to imagine, considering that she'd seen a lot of weird side effects to powers around this place.

Either way, though, she assumed she was crazy. Everybody here was crazy, even if they seemed like perfectly normal kids at a slightly normal summer camp -- that came with being born from crazy gods who didn't know the difference between having kids out of requirement and having kids for mere enjoyment.

Meagan watched the cashier for another moment before letting her eyes wander back to the boy standing there by her, and she just so happened to glance at his hands. His hands looked pretty darned dirty, and the dirt on his jeans didn't really help that image either. Her eyebrow drifted upward again, but she stopped it in time to make it look like an odd eye twitch; she didn't want to weird the kid out already. "I'm pretty sure half this stuff is magical, though. I mean, godly kids -- godly items. Makes sense, right?"
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 5/30/2013, 3:31 pm

"You're right," Jiraiya gave in, a smile touching upon his lips. "Anyways, most of the stuff is weird, and probably that's why it's so costly. I just ate an apple that strangely tasted like corn on the cob," he wrinkled his nose. "I wouldn't be surprised if half the food here tasted like another." Kind of reminded him of Harry Potter, when he watched the movies. The book were too much for him to puzzle through, due to his terrible dyslexia. He wished he saw the magic in books as others did, but to him, all the letters swirling and trying to decode it was hard enough.

Rai glanced up at the ceiling, and gave a double-take. Was there seriously some painting on the ceiling? Yup. He shook his head and looked back at the girl. She seemed rather tired, especially now that she was rubbing her temples. Was she getting annoyed or something? Or maybe just a bad day, Rai thought to himself. Perhaps he shouldn't use his manly charms on this girl. Yeah, she'd immediately fall for him if he did use them on her, since she seemed pretty worn out.

"Anyways, you are?" Rai asked, his brown eyes trained on her. It was often odd to see a natural-blonde boy with brown eyes. Normally people think of blondes with blue eyes, but no, Rai, had a dark eye color to go with his light hair. The eighteen-year old shoved his mess of a hands into his back pockets, deciding it would be best to hide them for view for the time being.

Perhaps Rai should go to the beach after all, since it was pretty hot out, anyways. Plus, he can practice his powers with the oceanwater, since there was a obvious limitless supply there. Anyways, he couldn't use his rather...bigger powers since they required blood and the scars stayed, especially the lot on his arms.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/31/2013, 1:26 pm

"Meagan," the demi-Titaness replied, shutting her eyes for a long, long moment. The headache was ebbing away now, but it still hurt to think too much; it didn't last as long as her last power-induced headache, which Meagan supposed was good. It probably meant she was getting better at using her powers, if only slightly. She opened her eyes again to look at the boy, replying monotonously: "Daughter of..." She paused for a moment, remembering something that somebody had told her about people in her cabin -- they were usually psychotic or something, or they were just plain-out insane. So, Meagan lied to the best of her ability: "Daughter of Hermes."

And of course, Meagan, being unaccustomed to lying, was fairly bad at it -- as in, an awkward look and a slight shuffling of the feet, fairly obvious signs of sudden discomfort in some or most people. Meagan was used to being extremely truthful, bluntly so, among her friends and classmates back home -- but now she was in an entirely new, magical environment where one wrong or blunt word could mean a fireball to the face. She only lied for extreme emergencies, though whether this were a true emergency or not was debatable. She guessed that fitting in was what mattered at the moment, but she had a nagging feeling that this wasn't the best way to go about it. Why not just be her regular ol' self, instead of murderous psychos like some of her cabin-mates supposedly were? But no, that's cliche.

Sighing heavily, she lowered her hand from her forehead, looking a bit forlorn as she glanced around the shop again. Was it being half-Titan that made some of her cabin-mates so psychotic? She considered for a moment: generally all the gods were sort of crazy, and the Titans weren't really exceptional. Eh. There were a bunch of psychos in camp with or without the Titan kids, no cabin was really exempt from that rule.

Shooting a furtive glance at the now-deserted register, Meagan shrugged in response to the boy's assumption that all the food in the store would taste weird. "I've eaten some stuff from here before -- tasted just fine. You sure there weren't any labels sitting around where you got the apple?"
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 5/31/2013, 8:30 pm

"Oh. Hermes? So you must be good at stealing. Thanks to you lot, I have to now look at weapons through the glass!" Jiraiya said, after glancing at the clerk. The person at the register seemed to have left, but Rai tried his best not to be too loud, to put the woman in charge on high alert. After all, from what he was able to understand, Hermes kids adored to steal, and he wasn't going to step in the girl's way if she were to do so. Plus, she seemed fairly pretty so he didn't need to rat her out just for being a old cow-looking harpy.

Rai decided he definetely is going to the beach tonight. He was in a great mood, and he'll definitely practice his powers now. The blonde haired boy glanced down, deciding he shouldn't say whose god parent he was. Well, more like titan parent. It's embarrassing enough to be labelled as the weird kid who may be crazy like the others. Rai knew he wasn't crazy, but who wants to hang around to delicious fresh meat in front of a lion? Nobody, since he was just an attraction to all monsters the moment he'll try to hang with another person and step out of the camp. It sucked being the child of Oceanus. He wasn't even able to tell that Meaghan was lying, since he was so bad at reading body language when especially interested in a girl. Perhaps after he exchanges a bit more information with Meaghan he'll finally leave her to be, but he wanted another friend. As long as Meaghan wasn't interested in knowing whose his titan parent was, he was alright, since he disliked lying and was quite bad at it, since he often looked down at his feet or looked up at the sky, to avoid eye contact. Often when Rai tried to lie to his mother, she'd catch him always.

"I don't know honestly. Perhaps some of the food is made to taste differently?" Jiraiya said, shrugging. His shoulders went up to show how much he was shrugging, and it looked a bit comical, before he returned back to his normal posture. "I'll rather eat at the mess hall than buy a corn-cob tasting apple," Rai remarked.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/1/2013, 1:41 pm

Meagan casually glanced over at the case of weapons, not long enough to decide whether or not it was the smudged one she'd seen before, but long enough to amuse her. She looked back at the boy with a wry smile, shrugging. "The food and weapons in the store are pretty bad, anyway -- waste of money. The stuff's pretty but they're all pieces of crap. The weapon shed and mess hall stuff are, at least, free, and everybody loves free stuff."

Well, Meagan didn't think the camp t-shirt had been free, but hey, it seemed like everything around here was. It was a bit easy to steal drachmas or things from other people, since the cabins were rarely occupied by people who paid attention -- and since there were only, at most, ten other kids in Meagan's cabin, it would be easy if Meagan hadn't thought herself above stealing and her powers were much more developed in case she had to defend herself. She assumed, judging by what she heard of the other kids, that they were all really strong. She probably would be as strong as them if she'd gone to camp at an earlier age and trained, but instead she'd been living it up in Cali with her dad and friends, blissfully ignorant for the time of her twin brother and her mother's identity.

And then David had arrived. She didn't think that her father and David got along very well, since her father had intentionally abandoned David in Meagan's favor. She felt guilty for that, but it hadn't been her choice; she'd only been a baby. She had, in later years, noticed that whenever she got mad strange things happened -- for example, that time in third grade when Lilian Morgan pulled her ponytail. She ended up tripping over a big rock that had suddenly appeared on the playground and getting a concussion; nobody could make head or tail of the situation, though they did end up later "remembering" that the rock had been moved there the day before. Only, it hadn't -- Meagan knew, all these years later, that it was her own fault. Her powers had sort of done a lot of odd things, but she'd always brushed them off.

She metaphorically waved away the memory to look back at Rai, who seemed to be in a chipper mood. Well, at least this doesn't feel awkward. She liked being able to hold up a conversation with somebody; Meagan felt like the only real conversation she'd had in camp was with Aeron, when they went to New York and fought some griffins a couple months (or weeks?) ago. "So.... who's your god parent?"
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/1/2013, 9:50 pm

"Oh, thanks for the tip," Jiraiya said. He bit his lip, drawing a bit of blood. The metallic taste made him slightly cringe, but he regained his composure, into the smiley Rai. As soon as Meagan asked what was his god parent, his heart sunk. Will she think of him as weird? Nah. They were all demigods, so in some way they were already weird. Jiraiya finally decided on telling her the truth. "Actually...I'm the child of Oceanus," he said, rather hesitantly.

"It's useful," Rai quickly said. "I can heal and stuff, but it comes at a price." Rai wanted to be in good light in Meagan's eyes. He disliked it when people thought demi-titan kids were super powerful and enjoy being feared. Rai had just recently come to camp, and barely spent time in his cabin, so with that, he didn't ever see Meagan. Plus, it was super boring there, since they didn't even have good wi-fi. That was absolutely awful for Rai since wi-fi was essential in life. He liked scrolling through Facebook and checking out hot girls that had friended him through the social-networking site.

Rai wondered what Meagan would think of him now, now that she learned he was part of the crazy-kid cabin gang. His light blonde eyebrows popped up in curiosity, but Meagan didn't seem the type to get mad at a person for the fact that his dad had to have intercourse with his mom and he just had to be born. In fact, she seemed pretty cool so far.

"I bet I'm even a better healer than the Apollo kids," Rai lamely joked, but he kept his smile. Jeez, that's the best he can do? Rai mentally frowned at himself, as he studied Meghan's face. He averted his eyes over to the cashier, who had finally appeared. Man, what was she doing? Taking a five mile hike? Too bad he wasn't the cashier, since all she did was leave the store unattended half the time and get paid loads of money. Well, he thought so. After all, somebody who works for Camp Half-Blood should get a bunch of money? Or if it were a dryad would they get a lot of water for their tree or something? He wished he knew all of a sudden, since all these questions were burning his mind.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/1/2013, 10:59 pm

Oceanus.... The name rang a bell, but Meagan didn't grasp the meaning of it until after a long, long pause between Rai's joke about being a good healer and the sudden revelation. Titan... Titan of.... Well, duh. The oceans. Oceanus. Oceans. She almost face-palmed, more at how she didn't piece together who Oceanus was from his name than at her memory of myths, but thought better of it and instead shrugged at Rai casually, even though this conversation had suddenly taken an awkward turn for the both of them. After all, she had lied to Rai and now here he was, probably being truthful about his godly parent and all that; she felt a bit ashamed for not being open with him before, but then again, Meagan really didn't want to be associated with any psychos in the Titan cabin. "I, uh.... huh. Oceanus the ocean Titan, huh? Must've been named after them. Well, that's pretty cool. I'm sure you're five times more powerful than any child of Triton, right? Or something, I don't know the demi-Titan to demigod power ratios or whatever."

And she wanted to crawl under a rock and die after that little ramble to nowhere. She hated lying, but Rai seemed to actually believe she was a child of Hermes -- Meagan guessed there wasn't a specific look to a demi-Titan that would make them stand out from other campers. She fidgeted a couple of times, and, cursing herself, she mechanically lifted her hand and rubbed the back of her neck, trying not to look too uncomfortable. And, she thought to herself, what if he took this the wrong way and thought she was scared of him? In truth, the only people she was afraid of were David, and those Chris and Stella kids, from the cabin -- Aeron didn't seem psychotic at all and otherwise, she didn't know of any other demi-Titans lurking around. Rai didn't seem that bad, either, but Meagan hadn't really talked to him often -- and then again, she didn't talk to Aeron often, either. Do I really know anybody in my own cabin?

Meagan decided it might be best to insinuate she was lying; Rai couldn't be that oblivious to hints and maybe a few "slip-ups," right? She hoped not, but knowing how dense some people were in general.... "Not many demi-Titans around, huh? It's weird, I never see anybody in the cabin much. Seems like they're always out and about."
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/1/2013, 11:31 pm

Rai shifted his feet uncomfortably. Meagan seemed a bit taken back, when he said so. He gave a rather uptight smile, when she mentioned powers. It hit another painful note. It was awful enough to be compared to being severely overpowered. Thinking about it, he rather had more powers than a Triton kid. Cringing, he looked down at his feet. Meagan also seemed quite uncomfortable with him. She seemed shifty, in fact, as he looked back at her. "Well..." Jiraiya said, biting on his lip again, nervously.

"I don't care much about being more powerful. In fact, it kinda sucks. I have no clue why people are so scared of me when I tell the my parent, but..." he shrugged with his shoulders, feeling quite lame. "To phrase it better...I'm not sure what the demi-titans did to the kids here, but it feels like just the title brands me into being some ticking bomb. And...this should be a camp for beginnings, but it's more like, being judged for what you can't help." Jiraiya finally said, after thinking for a few seconds.

After a long and awkward pause, Rai glanced at his watch, and took a double-take. "Sh!t!" He cussed out loud, and then looked at Meagan apologetically. "Listen, I have to go," he said really quickly. "Would you mind meeting up for some coffee or something? We can go out into the city, if no monster scents me or whatever," he asked her, a hopeful look in his eyes. It would be the worst feeling to be rejected, and if he were, perhaps it was because of stupid Oceanus. Plus, he wanted to make it up for bursting on Meagan like that. Even if she was a bit scared of him, he thought to himself, she seemed pretty nice.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/1/2013, 11:52 pm

"I, uh.... what?" Meagan blinked, slightly taken aback by the sudden offer for a meet-up -- it had happened to her a few times back home, but here she'd never really expected it to happen. Reflecting on this for a moment, she realized she acted completely different here than she did at home -- she'd fit in perfectly well at home, but now she just felt like a total outsider in a camp full of other outsiders (at least, as far as she's seen). The outsider of outsiders -- what a wonderful concept.

She bit her bottom lip, contemplating the offer for a moment as she looked at Rai. Either it was just her slightly-regretful thinking or her imagination, but Meagan thought the other demi-Titan looked a bit hopeful for her... acceptance? Probably acceptance.

"Well... yeah. Sure. We can meet up sometime. Just tell me when and where." It wasn't like she had anybody else to hang out with, anyway -- most of her cabinmates were psychopaths and Meagan didn't exactly like fraternizing with the other campers. Nothing to do around here, too. Meagan had a lot of trouble trying to entertain herself at camp by practicing her powers or going into the Commons Area, but none of this appealed to her. She just wanted to be home, partying with her friends and forgetting that her mother was trying to destroy the world or something and that she bunked with a bunch of crazies. She added, after another pause, "Pretty sure you're not a time bomb -- you seem too nice for that. Prove to everybody you're not like your cabin mates."

Zeus knows if I can, Meagan thought sullenly. She hated to admit it, but sometimes she'd wandered around camp, listening to people running around, laughing, just being normal teenagers in a totally-abnormal camp -- and she'd feel sick to her stomach that they could feel or even act normal here, even with people just like them. Nobody was normal here, and Meagan was so frustrated that for once she didn't feel normal somewhere, she didn't just blend in with the crowd but instead avoided it because she felt like the crowd was too much for her to handle. She was so frustrated, sometimes, that she even had thoughts of killing people just to relieve herself -- to eliminate the outsiders. But no. She didn't want to become a psychopath like the other DTs, she wouldn't let herself be judged like them. This camp, she reflected, was never a place for new beginnings, even if she agreed with what Rai said; here people were judged for their god parents, their pasts. Things they couldn't help. She was sure she'd be judged for being a child of Gaea.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/2/2013, 3:53 pm

Rai patiently waited for her response by taking out his hands and tangling them together. He was having a good day so far, and he took it as a good sign when his faded green shirt wasn't stained at all nor wrinkled. He scanned her face, searching for a possible answer, but it was hopeless. Meagan managed to somehow keep it blank, and anyways, women puzzled Rai at times. One time he accidentally bumped into a woman when he was in Japan, and she slapped him for trying to grope her. As if he'd touch such a old lady, he mentally harrumped to himself.

Lost in thought, Meagan's voice halted him, and his eyes unglazed for the momentary wait. His expression immediately brightened when she agreed to meet up with him. He was about to open his mouth to say where they should meet up, before she quickly added on that she was giving him a chance to prove himself. Now, Rai had to bite down on his lips from a smile erupting throughout his face. He couldn't thank her, since it would see kind of weird. So, Rai decided to just focus on where they should meet up. "Er, how about a week from today outside of the store? Then, we can decide where to go. Hopefully the weather will be nice," Rai told Meagan.

Now, how can Rai thank Meagan? Er, without sounding too creepy. Oh, he'll just pay for her or something if they go outside of camp, to express his gratitude. Rai shuffled his feet, and looked at his watch again. He really had to go. Damn it, time flies by so quickly for no absolute reason. Wishing he was a son of Kronos, he glanced at it a final team. "I have to meet up with Mr.D in like five minutes, and I don't want to get a verbal lashing for it," he said in a apologetic tone. "I really have to go, so it's a yes, right?" Rai asked, his foot already placed behind another, ready to run out the door, as he gave a rather sorrowful smile to Meagan. It was obvious he would have liked to stay longer, but he prioritized not being vaporized into demi-titan dust by Mr.D.

Rai looked at the door of the store, and made a mental calculation how long it would take him to get Mr.D. If he ran, he'll get in time. If he walked slowly, he'll be several minutes late, and he was afraid Mr.D was the type of man to like having people be punctual. Another part of Rai hoped that Mr.D was the type of person to take him forever to get to a meeting, so if he ran late, everything will be alright. But, Mr.D was a god, so he doubted that he ran late.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/3/2013, 3:11 pm

A week from today? Meagan racked her brains for any plans she could have possibly made within the past two weeks, only to mentally laugh at herself in self-pity at the ridiculous notion -- of course she had no plans, she didn't plan anything with anybody around here. If this guy had asked her back home in California, she was sure her schedule would have been packed for another two and a half weeks if she were being even remotely modest. She'd spent plenty of time hanging out with friends or at some parties thrown by college kids, usually at the cost of her homework and school grades, but she managed to pull all-nighters to finish anything she had to do and keep herself awake in class with coffee at the worst. Meagan's grades were fairly decent compared to most of her friends', but she attributed that to having a fairly good memory for things that had happened within the last two or three months. "Yeah, that sounds fine to me -- around the same time as now, right? If the weather's not nice, we can always just sit in here and criticize the prices." Or something. That sounds worse than being grounded on the day of a concert.

She glanced at an old, dusty clock shaped like an owl hanging over the cash register on the wall -- the time seemed about right, maybe a few minutes off if whoever ran the place had changed the time for Daylights Saving a couple months ago. Meagan never wore watches (and she didn't have any, either, except an old Dora the Explorer watch she'd purposefully left at home) and her phone was back at her cabin, basically obsolete because of the poor service and her, cough, lack of a charger. It wasn't exactly dead, but at ten percent power Meagan was wise enough to leave it off and stow it away in a safe place, both so that nobody would steal it and spam-text her friends and so that she'd be able to find it later, if she ever found the right charger to use.

Since it looked like Rai was about to jet out the door to his meeting with Mr. D, Meagan nodded yes to his last question and gestured for him to go in a "shoo-ing" motion. "Yeah, it's a yes. Now, go to your meeting so Mr. D doesn't turn you into a chipmunk and have the Ares kids run you over with their chariot -- that won't be pretty. Have fun, don't die, send Mr. D my nonexistent regards. I'll be here next week."

In retrospect, Meagan had little regard for the gods -- she'd respect them like any other person if she ever met one face to face, but otherwise, no. They sort of seemed like idiots, having all these kids, abandoning them, and then demanding some pretty damned ridiculous stuff from them (ie: a quest to find your godly mother's lost pair of shoes or something), all while thinking they should be respected and revered by their own children. It was mildly sickening; Meagan was glad she had little chance of meeting Gaea at all.
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female
    Number of posts : 152
    Registration date : 2013-05-24

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 6/3/2013, 5:13 pm

I walk in and take a granola bar. I go over to the cashier`s counter and lay some drachmas on the table, and leave.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/3/2013, 6:12 pm

"Same time, definetely. Anyways, see you around!" Jiraiya waved to Meagan, with a grin on his face, before quickly running out of the store, trying to get to Mr.D's office quickly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/3/2013, 8:21 pm

Meagan watched Rai run out of the store for a moment, just standing there in the middle of the store with a sort of wondering look on her face -- this would be entertaining. She sighed and walked out of the store, her hands thrust into her shorts' pockets.
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 6/5/2013, 9:04 pm

I walk in and grab some green and purple hair chalk, and then I walk to the cashier and puts 4 drachmas on the table.
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 6/5/2013, 9:07 pm

Before I walk out, I remember I needed some hair detangler, so I walk back to the hair isle and get some hair detangler, and I put some more drachmas on the table, and I finally leave.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Post by Alyssa 6/5/2013, 9:08 pm

OOC: please don't double post. You can just edit it in the little edit corner of the post.
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 6/5/2013, 9:18 pm

Ah. Sorry.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 9923
    Registration date : 2009-12-30

Post by Kimimae 6/14/2013, 12:00 pm

Kelsey skipped in, her drachmas jingling in her pocket. "I HAVE COME TO PURCHASE ITEMS." She announced.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 25815
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

Post by Haiden 6/14/2013, 12:05 pm

Trace walked in after Kelsey, his drachmas heavy in his pocket. "I HAVE ALSO CAME TO PURCHASE ITEMS-" He paused once he realized that no one was in the store. Not even anyone at the counter. "..Did we miss something or.." It seemed like a ghost town, although the items looked in pristine state.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/14/2013, 12:11 pm

Kelsey peered around. Everything looked to be in its place but the store seemed completely devoid of human life aside from the two. "...Hmmm... well, uh, I guess we're on our own."
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/14/2013, 10:27 pm

"Do we even need to pay then?" Trace asked as he took out a drachma from his pocket and held it up. To steal or not to steal..? He looked at Kelsey questionably, his eyes flickering back to the drachma.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/14/2013, 10:42 pm

Kelsey stared at Trace for a second, pondering the question. She looked around and bit her lip. That's a tough one. If they took without paying it would be stealing. Stealing is wrong, but at the same time there's not exactly anyone here to really steal from. It'd be like taking water from the ocean. Not really stealing cause it's not really anyone's. Except for maybe the camps. Does the camp use drachmas to pay for things? Is the entire revenue of the camp run by this measly store and fueled by the drachmas of innocent campers? She doubted it, but at the same time it was an intriguing thought. She looked up at Trace again. "Er... well... I... I don't... know..." She stammered. "I mean, I guess, it's not like we would even know the prices without someone here..."
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/14/2013, 10:53 pm

ooc: those are some good questions kelsey. what does the camp even use the drachmas for.

bic: "True..true..I think we should just.." Trace paused for a second. "..I think we can just take it. Besides, we may need these drachmas for something more important?" Trace started to walk around the store, examining the many items on the shelf. Alright, he felt more confident about taking something without paying however the guilt still lied in his stomach. Either way, he still looked around for something to buy..or well, take. He found the regular Orange Camp shirt and scoffed. "Could they have not used a better color?"
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/14/2013, 11:17 pm

ooc: maybe theyre collectable or somethin

bic:
    Kelsey nodded in agreement with Trace's decision. "Right, right, something important like McDonalds." She felt slightly better that Trace decided against paying. It was what she was going to choose in the end, but having someone else say it first gave her a little confidence. Something nagged at the back of her mind, though. She pushed it away, to the best of her ability.
    Kelsey started looking around the store also, partially to distract herself from her... guilt? Was this feeling guilt? Not exactly, but close. She picked up knick-knacks and looked them over before placing them back on the shelves. She was going to make a point to feel every type of fabric she came across. It was like a petting zoo. Of clothes. Ok, nevermind, that's a really weird comparison, but I think you get my point. She used to wonder why some fabrics with different designs felt the same. Like, shouldn't that make them different?
    Kelsey was eyeing a particularly colorful scarf when Trace said something. She looked over to the shirt rack that he was near. She smirked at his comment. "I've always wondered about that myself, they're so bright, it's like we could be used as impromptu traffic cones."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 1:40 am