A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
Lady Arbitrary
Dez the Soul Reaver
6 posters

Dead Space-Survival

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Dead Space-Survival Empty Dead Space-Survival

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/27/2012, 1:43 pm

“Okay now somebody tell me what the f**k went on in here!”

“Calm it Morrison, let’s just get on with the task at hand,” I ordered, sighing. These men were meant to be professionals, sleek, combat efficient, and most importantly; calm at all times. Gung-ho men like Morrison really got on my nerves. Sometimes I wished I got to choose my own squads, instead of getting dumped with newbies who thought the universe of themselves.

My name’s Sergeant Dylan Cutter of the Omega Station Security Force, stationed on the outer world of Thor. I am 27 and currently married with a beautiful 4 year old daughter. I’ve been doing this job since I was 18, and although there are definitely those more experienced than me, I am pretty sure I can handle any situation at hand.

That was what I thought at least.

My squad had been assigned to a part of the engineering wing of the station, where there had supposedly been some sort of gas leak, and all contact had been lost with the personnel there. What we found was a bloodbath. Guts and intestines scatted everywhere. What was strange was that the RIGs on the corpses seemed to have malfunctioned, they were showing the body’s as having full health, whereas they were clearly dead. I had noticed all of this within seconds of the electronic doors sliding open. Now, it was time for me to pick up the pieces. Find out what happened here.

“Team, split up and look for clues,” I said, before grinning, noticing what I had just sounded like. “Ignore the cheesiness.”

“Sure thing Sergeant Cheddar,” Winder chuckled, before moving to follow out the orders, walking into an adjacent room. “Well this s**t’s even-“

For some reason Winder’s sentence was cut off, and the door had slid shut behind him so the rest of the squad couldn’t see what was going on. I tried to hear and see if any noise came from the room.

“What the hell?” Morrison asked dumbfounded.

“Shut up Morrison,” Zach said.

“Winder!” I shouted, before using the comms. “Do you copy?!”

“Oh well I do have to be the f**king only one to just walk in and see what’s going on?” Morrison boasted, lowering his pulse rifle and going to open the door.

“Morrison, back away from the door,” I tried to stop him. “That’s an order!”

“Chill, Sarge,” the arrogant black man said. “I got this one, Winder was probably just taking a na-“ as soon as the door opened, he fell silent as he looked down to see a large blade protruding from his stomach, and then another stabbing through right next to it. “Oh… Jesus-“
    The blades then snapped away from each other, slicing through flesh and bone, and completely removing the top half of Morrison’s body from his legs.

“Mary, mother of God… OPEN FIRE!!!!!”

OOC: Dead Space-Survival Triage_RIG

Thats Dylan
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female
    Number of posts : 1992
    Registration date : 2011-12-09

Dead Space-Survival Empty Re: Dead Space-Survival

Post by Lady Arbitrary 5/27/2012, 1:53 pm

Whoah. Intense. I can't see the pic of Dylan, but that may be just my computer acting up again. Otherwise, I like it!
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/27/2012, 2:10 pm

Thanks, I'm deffo gonna continue this one :D
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 5/27/2012, 2:13 pm

Is it Oberost based?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/27/2012, 2:19 pm

Nope, Dead Space :)

Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 5/27/2012, 2:20 pm

Okay. The mention of Thor got me wondering.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/28/2012, 2:53 pm

At my order, the entire squad (what remained, which was four, including myself) began firing the pulse rifles, madly however, and shots scattered mall across the room. My firing was the only thing to be accurate. I went for the simple shots, aiming at its chest. The horror simply stood there, recoiling from every shot, but otherwise unharmed. It was a vaguely humanoid figure, however, with long blades in place of its arms, and legs which looked to be rather longer than normal. All that, and there was gore sprayed across the entire bloody monstrosity.

“What the f**k?! I’m getting the hell out of here!!!” one of the men said, and turning to run, followed by another. This left only me, and Zach to deal with the creature. Zach was the youngest in the now-broken squad, only 19, but sometimes I felt as if he was the smartest. He hardly ever spoke, and was always precise, and to the point. Remarkable for his age, I thought.

“Zach, let’s take this thing down!” I shouted, trying to boost his morale, I could see him shaking out of the corner of my eye. Then, unexpectedly, he turned his face towards me, his mouth opened wide.

“Sarge! Behind you!!”

I turned duly and, just in the nick of time saw a monster running at me. It was much smaller than the beast, and looked like a small child, but it had a large cranium, and its mouth was huge in comparison to what it should be, with large pointy teeth sprouting in all directions.

Not to mention the gigantic claws on its hands.

It jumped unexpectedly, and landed on my torso, grabbing my shoulders with its hands, digging some of the claws into my back.

“Gaah!” I shouted in pain, visualising my RIG going down a notch to signal loss of health.

It brought one of its arms up, brandishing its claws, and was about to slam them all down onto my face, before suddenly, I heard a Pulse Rifle fire, and its arm was shot straight off, and I was unlucky to be right by it when it screamed in complete agony.

“Get off me you son of a b*tch!” I shouted, grabbing its still-present arm with my left hand, and then slammed my Pulse Rifle straight onto its head, knocking it clean off. This things may be fast and deadly, but now I knew they were definitely weak.

“Nice one Zach!” I said, turning around, but noticing the other beast charging for him, its dagger-arms swishing from side to side, before it smashed into the young man, sending him toppling to the ground, with it on top of him.

“Zach!” I screamed in horror, watching as the being slashed its right dagger-arm, slicing Zach’s left arm clean off, blood suddenly spurting from the open wound. “Jesus!”

“Th-the arm… Sarge! Shoot the arm!!”

I followed the kid’s orders for a change, and sent a few shots aimed at what would be the creatures elbow. Surely enough, the shots were true, and the dagger-arm was taken clean off, blood flying in every direction, even into the unlucky Zach’s face.
    I then adjusted my aim, and fired, taking the beast’s head off, and watched as it crumpled to the ground next to Zach, devoid of life.

There was a silence for a few moments, save the intensified breathing of both of us men.

“… What the hell was that Sarge?” Zach asked faintly; face gone white from the blood loss, and in shock from the loss of limb.

“I’m not sure… but I think I heard a report on creature’s that sounded like them, a long time ago,” I said, rushing over to Zach, and helping him up, putting his only available arm around my neck, so he could still walk, using me as a balancing aid. “They were called something like… I dunno, let’s just get the hell out of here- wait!”

I suddenly had a revelation, and remembered the name given to those horrific beings.

“Necromorphs! And if they’re here… we need to warn everyone.”
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 5/28/2012, 3:28 pm

This is a good story. I can't find any flaw with it. (:
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/28/2012, 3:54 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 5/28/2012, 3:57 pm

Faboulous, again. Please continue
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/29/2012, 3:44 pm

I walked slowly out of the room, scanning corners with my sights up with my Pulse Rifle in my right hand, and Zach on my left.

“Jeez… this hurts Sarge,” Zach said, face pale.

“I’ll get you sorted out,” I said confidently. “We can get you a new prosthetic arm, it’ll be good as new.”

“But if these things are roaming around, won’t everybody be dead by the time we get back?”

I didn’t answer, the thought just put me down too much. I had lived on this station for practically my entire life, and I wasn’t going to see it destroyed by creatures like those.
    We travelled through the corridors, and I took it slow for Zach, not wanting to put him at any more discomfort. I turned at one corner, and saw something which made my stomach churn. There were too bodies sprawled out on the floor, and I vaguely recognised them as being what was left of my squad, they were the two that had deserted myself and Zach. One of them had his entire body separated into large chunks, body parts and internal organs all across the place, with scraps of Security force suit lain around. The other had a rather more honourable end, with his helmet off, and his throat slit, with also a large stab wound through the chest. Zach turned his head back and puked rather loudly.

“Jesus Christ…”

Then something spectacularly horrible happened. A weird bat-like creature, which was but 4 times larger than a bat, appeared from the end of the corridor, and turned, and raced towards their end. It was also a rather pale colour, tinged with bloodstains.

“Oh hell…”

I brought up my Pulse Rifle, and aimed at the beast.

“Go back to hell- oh sh*t this is not happening!” I shouted. When I had squeezed the trigger, nothing had happened, and I looked down at my ammo count to see it as a big round 0. How had I forgotten to reload it before? I must’ve been too caught up with helping Zach to notice. “No!”

I quickly tried to slam in a new clip, but it was already practically on top of us, it was about to-

Then it stopped.

I had already raised my arm in a defensive stance, but I looked at it to see something I did not expect.
    What it was doing, was picking up the intact dead corpse of one of my deceased comrades, and raising it off the ground with its strength. It then revealed something at the top of its body where its face should be. A long sharp thick needle.

“What the…?”

It then slammed down the needle into the body’s head, and it looked as if it was… draining… blood?

“This can’t be good…” Zach said, still looking queasy.

I raised my newly-reloaded Pulse Rifle, ready to shoot it, when I stopped. I needed to know what this thing was doing. It could be vital information which would help fighting these things… these Necromorphs.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Post by Nemesis 5/30/2012, 6:42 am

dude, you hvae n idea how much I love Dead Space!, it's awesome, first fanfic I have seen of it and it's good.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 5/30/2012, 8:36 am

Cheers, and don't worry, I will continue it ;)

I also am a huge Dead Space fan Cool
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Post by xXSpiritXx 5/30/2012, 2:23 pm

Wow it's amazing!
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 5/31/2012, 2:57 am

This is awesome....
    Am I zach?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 6/1/2012, 2:18 pm

Well, I guess so, I only used the name as I thought it fit and sounded cool, but I might as well make it a sort of representation of you ;)

Thanks Spirit :)
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 6/11/2012, 7:46 pm

Christ, that was a cliffhanger. Please continue!
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 9/18/2012, 3:23 pm

(Continuing it now ;) )

It was disgusting to watch. The bat-like creature was sliding the limp body all over the place like a ragdoll, all the time keeping it long thin needle stuck firmly inside its cranium, with blood sometimes squirting out the side.
    But what was even more horrifying, was that the body was changing before my very eyes! The skin was going completely rotten, but while it was, it was also growing… the appendages becoming bigger, and also… there were blades coming out of the arms!

“Oh f**k its turning it into one of them!” I shouted, bringing up my Pulse Rifle, and proceeding to fire a multitude of shots at the bat, before it finally released its grasp on its “work-in-progress” and fell to the floor, definitely dead.

I had a sigh of relief as I watched it die, before realising it was time to move on. I got Zach to put his arm round my shoulder once again, to help him stay on the go, and I began to walk towards the residential area.

But it wasn’t finished.

The corpse- that I thought was dead, yet the bat had been trying to drain the blood out of-jumped me, spring itself to life and hurling its deformed body onto me, causing me to let go of Zach, and pinning its weight on me.

“Motherf**ker get off of me!” I shouted desperately, tring to beat him off of me, but just ended up getting my pulse rifle swatted out of my hand.

Then began an epic struggle as I tried to stop the beast from slicing my goddamn head off, it kept on moving and swaying left and right, and trying to find a way into my sweet face. My arms could only defend so much however, soon I would be overpowered, and then… well, it would get messy for me.

Out of the corner of my eye however, I saw Zach clutching his arm, yet using his elbow to try and crawl away. What was he doing? Was he leaving me here?

And then, I saw what he was going for.

There was an emergency gravity-control unit on the wall a few feet away from him, and he moved up to it as fast as lightning, and edged his way up the wall to the controls.
    I couldn’t afford to pay much more attention, as the beast that once used to be under my command as a real human being, raised its blade-arm high to try and deliver a killing blow…

Then gravity took a hike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 6:32 am