A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Café

WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5164
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Café - Page 2 Empty Re: Café

Post by WolfGirl 9/24/2012, 8:15 pm

Erin's grin broadened. The look on his face was far too amused to be allowed. And by the time he was finished rattling off random bits of info? He was wearing such a self-satisfied smirk that she couldn't help but laugh. Teenage boys... They were either drop dead hilarious or the polar opposite.

"Way to be thorough," she grinned at him. Dark blue, eh? Most guys that she had met seemed to have a fondness for blue or green. It didn't make them any more masculine just because they didn't like pink. "When'd you start playing the violin?" she asked him curiously. Madison, an old friend of hers, had been able to play the violin.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 9/24/2012, 8:27 pm

”Mmm, since I was three. I learned Bach’s Sonata no. 1 for a violin solo in a couple of months.” He mused. “I’ve been composing ever since, you know, to get distracted. Nasty little numbers and formulas biting away at the corners of my mind, I need distractions.” He explained. “My brain would eat itself without stimulation, one of the reasons I am—was—a consulting detective.” He half-smiled, tapping at the side of his temple.

“And you, Erin Elizabeth? What is your favourite colour; what do you do and what do you like?” He asked, folding his arms across his chest and leaning against the wall to look at her better.

WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/24/2012, 9:16 pm

Erin chuckled. Man, he was going to regret asking that question.

"Well," she said with a smile, feeling more confident as the seconds ticked by. "Since you've asked..." She straightened up slightly and raised her eyes to the ceiling, thinking. "I'm really into bands, though my favorite would have to be Nine Days, despite the fact that they peaked in the early 2000's. My favorite song is from their So Happily Unsatisfied album - 'Favorite Song', and my favorite movie is 'Mr. Nobody' because it's based off of quantum physics and it's absolutely amazing." She paused for a moment, both to take a breath and to think. "My favorite color is indigo. It used to be black, but then I read the Indigo Sage by Louise Cooper and it changed. Funny, the series went out of print in the 1980's and was about to be reprinted a few years ago. Then Cooper died and it never happened. It's a real shame, but I think that they went out of print because there wasn't a happy ending." She made a face. "Darn society, always needing a happy ending instead of something more realistic."

ooc: Jeez, sorry that took so long! I forgot to hit the 'send' button. *face palm*
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/24/2012, 9:52 pm

His smile turned slightly bleak and dark. “Yes, society does tend to lean that way, doesn’t it?” He remembered as Scotland Yard began to doubt him, even Robert Lestrade (taken over his father’s career) started to doubt him, all because he’d solved the case and the truth had been terrible and frightening to them. They had needed a happy ending. That had been especially difficult. He could understand Sally Donovan or Anderson, but that Lestrade had believed the lies and the deception had been particularly difficult.

He remembered running away from the Yarders that night Moriarty had subtly convinced Donovan and Anderson, who had shown up with Lestrade—with a pair of handcuffs. Mark had seen the flashing police cruiser lights and demanded to know what was going on. Mark, being two full years older than Benjamin, had punched Anderson in the face, causing him to be handcuffed to Benjamin. Benjamin had gotten hold of Donovan’s gun, and had pointed it at Mark’s head, falsely threatening to shoot Mark, though of course the Yarders didn’t know it was an act. They had run away then, in the middle of the night while Lestrade had yelled at the Yarders to stay where they were.

Benjamin suspected Lestrade had been trying to give the two a head start.

“All you just said, it just went into a cabinet in my mind palace,” He told her. “It’s getting rather full, so if I simply stop speaking to you and start moving my hands all over the place, I’m not going mad and I’m not having a seizure; I’ll be trying to organise my mind palace. Don’t be offended if it happens.”

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 9/24/2012, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SO MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS)
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/25/2012, 7:06 am

Erin nodded. That was understandable, she reasoned. Someone so smart would probably eventually have difficulty retaining so much information. Moving his hands in motions that suggested organizing might help him sort out his mind, giving him a feeling as if he was actually doing something instead of just concentrating. It made sense if she thought about it; why he would need to connect the thought process to motions.

When she needed to remember something, she usually wrote it down on her arm or something. Well, either that or listen to a song. Once she had, she associated the song with whatever it was she needed to remember, and, to remember again, all she had to do was listen to the song. A bit weird, but it worked like a charm. She was a big music nut; her live revolved around music, it being the only stable in her life. No matter where she went or what happened, music was always there for her. Music didn't walk out on you. Music didn't judge. Music didn't scream at you.

"Alright," she agreed. "So if you start spazzing out, I'm just to sit here quite calmly until you're all nice and organized." She smirked slightly as she got a mental image of him trying to put his thoughts in place.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/25/2012, 8:41 am

Benjamin didn't reply. As he'd warned, he sat up straight, and his eyes darted around, seeing things only visible to him, in his head. He raised his hands, sliding invisible things through the air, miming shutting a door, or opening a cabinet, closing a trunk. It was about two full minutes before his body relaxed, a soft breath of air slipping from his mouth, his hands slowly and fluidly pressing together and steepling under his chin.

"Everything I know about you has taken up a broom cupboard." He frowned. "I may have to delete things soon. I might have already--What did you say your middle name was?" He asked, looking at her with his icy eyes.

ooc; Pictures of reference:

Café - Page 2 Tumblr_lxjf09x2Cu1qkd4gio1_250
    Café - Page 2 Tumblr_lxjf09x2Cu1qkd4gio8_250

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 9/25/2012, 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Lack of gif.)
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/25/2012, 4:23 pm

While he moved imaginary objects through the air for storage, he wore a look of detached concentration. Ben looked so much like a mime, that Erin smiled. She couldn't see him as a mime to save her life, he was far too serious for that image to take hold. Gods, the day Ben took up being a mime, she'd know that the world was about to come crashing down.

When Ben asked her what her middle name was, she stiffened slightly. She generally used her middle name as her last, not liking to reference her mother. But if she told him that 'Elizabeth' was her middle name, that meant that he'd be able to put the pieces together fairly quickly. Still... Why bother hiding it? He was a nice guy, well, at least that was what she thought.

"My middle name's Elizabeth," she told him, twisting a strand of her hair in her fingers. "My last is Battle."
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/25/2012, 4:23 pm

While he moved imaginary objects through the air for storage, he wore a look of detached concentration. Ben looked so much like a mime, that Erin smiled. She couldn't see him as a mime to save her life, he was far too serious for that image to take hold. Gods, the day Ben took up being a mime, she'd know that the world was about to come crashing down.

When Ben asked her what her middle name was, she stiffened slightly. She generally used her middle name as her last, not liking to reference her mother. But if she told him that 'Elizabeth' was her middle name, that meant that he'd be able to put the pieces together fairly quickly. Still... Why bother hiding it? He was a nice guy, well, at least that was what she thought.

"My middle name's Elizabeth," she told him, twisting a strand of her hair in her fingers. "My last is Battle." She didn't mean to, but she winced slightly when she said her last name.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/25/2012, 4:42 pm

"Battle..." He murmured, rolling the name on his tongue and storing it away neatly in the broom cupboard labeled 'ERIN' in indigo letters, all in a matter of seconds. Although mildly curious, he didn't ask about her wince. He needed air, fresh, not-saturated-with-the-delicious-scent-of-coffee air. He stood up gracefully, grabbing his espresso and his croissant, motioning for Erin to follow if convenient.

"It's a decent day, and we're in New York, and we might as well walk for a tad." He told her.

Lucy bustled out, her face slightly disappointed. A cursory glance, and he realised she had applied some lip gloss and tied up her hair. If he weren't demisexual, he would have thought her very much appealing.

"You're leaving already, Benny?" She asked, a very hidden note of hurt in her quiet voice. Benjamin nodded, having gotten used to the pedestrian nick name she'd given him. He smiled at her, as friendly as he could.

"Thank you, Lucy. Afternoon, Angelo!" He called out as he swung out the door.

ooc; Demisexual means he has sexual attractions only to those he shares a strong emotional bond with, of either gender. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case you didn't know ;)

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 9/25/2012, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Disabling smilies)
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/26/2012, 4:15 pm

Erin got to her feet as well. He was right; it truly was amazing outside. It had been almost cold earlier that morning, but it had gotten nicer as the day had worn on. At lest the clouds had gone away by this time and the sun was shining. Sliding out of her seat, she grabbed her excellent hot chocolate, making a mental note of the address. She walked after Ben towards the door.

She watched without saying anything as Lucy and Ben exchanged good-byes, noting that Lucy definitely had a thing for Ben. She didn't think much of it. After all, he was good looking, smart, and a nice guy underneath. Young love, it was sweet until it got complicated. She waved to them before following Ben out.

"You have a destination in mind?" Erin asked him as they stood just outside of the coffee shop.

ooc: Sorry that took so long to post. Mom kicked me outta the house to take me to a doctor about my 'issues.' :(
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/28/2012, 4:57 pm

Benjamin glanced over at Erin. "Should I?" He murmured. "How terribly dull. We should just walk around and do nothing else." Although it seemed as if he were being rather lazy and bored, he was taking in every little detail--how the cabs were a garish shade of yellow in the States, how that lady over there was a serial adulterer and had lied to the children next to her and told them they were blood siblings, how that man was taking flowers to his daughter for a good performance in her school play. His mind seemed to be trying to make up for that momentary lull when his feelings had taken hold.

"Do you have any preferences to where we might go? I know all the streets, just not the stores." He told her, slowing down just a bit so she could fall comfortably into pace. Strange--since when did it matter to him if people caught up or not?

ooc; I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING THAT LONG. Between rehearsals (where my Steve is playing the evil stepsister) and homework (which I have loads of) I don't really have much time, and I really try to put as much effort and time as I can into our posts. Sorry.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/28/2012, 6:30 pm

Erin decided to be honest with him, since he had been frank with her from the get-go. She didn't know why, but it made her feel more at ease with him... his ability to be straightforward with her. It gave her the feeling that she didn't have to hide anything from him. Okay, there were the occasional things that she just had flat out trouble talking about and stuff that she wouldn't bring up unless prodded, but that aside, she felt comfortable with being with him.

"I don't care where we go," she murmured, brushing a strand of hair aside, both to keep him in her vision and because she couldn't keep from being hit by a car if she was half blind. Nope! Now way that she was ending up as a grease spot on the road today, sorry New York. Maybe next time. "I don't know New York very well. I mean, I usually just chill somewhere and watch the passers by or hole up back at camp with a book."

She was overdue to start a new book or series; all of the stuff that she had was read so many times that the bindings of all the paper backs were falling apart. The space under her bunk in her cabin was crammed with books, CD's, band posters, and a few ancient journals. She'd have to scour the library for something, even if it was primarily nonfictional stuff that would benefit demigods. Darn camp.

ooc: THANK GODDESS! THERE'S SOMEONE ON THIS SITE WITH A LIFE!! If we ever meet in real life, I'm hugging you.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/30/2012, 6:50 pm

"Hm." He hummed, in thought. "How do you feel about going to the Statue of Liberty? I need to know one of this country's emblems." He suggested. It appalled him, the idea of spending the next couple of years and possibly the rest of his life in the States without seeing something that important to its history.

"We'll need to go on a ferry, however, if that's fine with you." He said.

He found himself wishing for his scarf, but... that had stayed with Mark in London. In this new mood, he glared up at the sun like it was offending him, like it was the Sun's fault that Benjamin's brother had felt sympathetic for once, and had allowed Mark to keep Benjamin's scarf.

ooc; Looking forward to it <3

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 10/1/2012, 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I felt like I did a crappy job.)
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/1/2012, 8:38 am

ooc; SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT I NEEDED TO SHOW YOU THIS:
    Café - Page 2 Tumblr_map7y8kxKE1rw2iplo1_500
    I imagine Erin as Melissa Benoist.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/1/2012, 7:31 pm

"Sounds fine with me," Erin said cheerfully. Dang, where was Will's windbreaker when she needed it? Right, back in her cabin under her bed where she had left it because she had been in a hurry to leave for some reason. She could be such an idiot.

Erin had never seen the Statue of Liberty in person, which was probably a crime, to live in New York but to never see the statue. Personally, she didn't see why Americans idolized it so much, since she believed that the parts had been made in France and then were shipped to the States for assembly, but that was getting technical. Still, it was cool and she didn't want to say good-bye to Ben so soon.

She noticed Ben's glare up at the sun and had to smile. Had he forgotten or left something too?

"I've never been to the Statue of Liberty," she told him, tucking her right hand into her jeans pockets for lack of anything better to do and taking a swallow of hot chocolate. She was nearly done with her drink and it was starting to get cold, but it was still great. "I suppose that must make me weird or something... having lived her most of my life without actually getting out and seeing anything." There were a lot of other reasons why she was weird, that being only the beginning.

ooc: I was so scared when I got to school. I thought that some newbies had taken over the topic!!!!!! Then I found out that you had just doubled posted and it was all okay again.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/1/2012, 8:18 pm

"Yes," He murmured, "I need to catalogue it. Come along, Erin! To the ferry." Of course, he couldn't criticise his brother or Mark; Benjamin had forced his brother to 'take Mark's oatmeal coloured cable-knit jumper without asking.' In other words, to steal Mark's favourite jumper for Benjamin.

"No, that doesn't make you strange," He told Erin in answer to her earlier comment, "We're demigods; we don't have the time."

ooc; MY GOD, THE HORROR! Heavens forbid newbs take over our topic (although technically it isn't private). Do you want to post in a new thread?
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/1/2012, 8:37 pm

ooc: Sounds cool to me. Want me to make the topic or you?
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/1/2012, 8:38 pm

ooc; You please.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member