A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Statue of Liberty

WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5164
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

The Statue of Liberty Empty The Statue of Liberty

Post by WolfGirl 10/1/2012, 9:32 pm

"Catalog?" Erin asked, interested amusement in her voice. "I suppose you will file that away in your brain as well?" It wasn't exactly a question, but she was seeking confirmation when she spoke the statement.

She walked briskly beside him and finally finished her hot chocolate. She spotted a trashcan and jogged a few paces to toss it. A brisk wind blew her hair back from her pale face, and she blinked in surprise. Wow, she could see. Now that one could actually see her face, it didn't look half bad. She never worse makeup, not even lip gloss, not just because she didn't need it but because she personally felt that any girl who felt like she needed the stuff was just putting herself down. However, it was clear that she was more than used to having some sort of protection shielding her from the world. Dang it, why had she forgotten her jacket?! Too late now, and she's only look more insecure if she brushed her hair back into her face; she'd just have to deal with it.

"You know the way?" Erin asked Benjamin to save face for her momentary lapse. She knew next to nothing about New York. Camp Half-Blood being here, she'd pay the price soon enough.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

The Statue of Liberty Empty Re: The Statue of Liberty

Post by honey 10/1/2012, 10:11 pm

"Yes, most definitely." He agreed, paying for their ferry tickets, and they boarded. "Mark would strangle me if he found out I'd been to America and hadn't seen the Statue of Liberty." He chuckled. It was strange to be speaking so much about Mark, but it felt... good. He leaned against the rail, feeling the wind on his face, messing up his curls thoroughly, making him look slightly disheveled. He popped his collar up against the wind.

"Of course I know the way. We are on the ferry, are we not?" He grinned. As they chose the seats closest to the rail, someone blonde tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," She said (British, from Bradford, maybe two years older, attended a private school), "Do you know where the stop for the Statue of Liberty is? My boyfriend and I are just tourists, and--"

"Yes, yes, dull," He interrupted her, "It's the third stop."

She seemed surprised both at his annoyed reaction and his accent. "O-Okay." She stammered, and then walked back uncertainly to wherever her seat wa--

Oh gods.

Her boyfriend was somewhat short, thou muscular and well-built. He had neat, short, golden-brown hair, and slightly tanned skin. Benjamin didn't need to see his dark blue eyes to know who it was.

He whirled around as Mark looked up at him at his girlfriend's insistence. She was probably telling him about Benjamin's rude behaviour.

"Erin," Benjamin hissed, "Erin, we need to go now."

ooc; DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/2/2012, 3:42 pm

Erin didn't know what was going on, but she took it for granted that the blonde girl's boyfriend was someone important. She had barely overheard their conversation, as she wasn't paying much attention to the girl's question, but she did catch on about the boyfriend part. Maybe it was something to do with Pothos... Anyway, she had been scanning the crowd with a critical gaze. She picked out the girl's boyfriend with relative ease. His short golden-brown hair perfectly matched his slightly tanned skin, accented by his muscular build. His dark blue eyes were unwavering and fixed on the girl talking to Benjamin. He didn't strike her as a threat, though if he caught her alone she'd certainly be intimidated. To counter this, his expression was friendly, even if his eyes wore a guarded look.

He's been hurt, she thought instantly. Her thoughts didn't get much farther than that, however, because she girl had turned her back and was moving back towards him, exposing his face to Benjamin. Instantly, he stiffened and whirled to face her with an urgent expression. She wouldn't quite call the emotion there fear, but it was very similar.

"Erin," Benjamin hissed, "Erin, we need to go now."

Erin didn't ask any questions, for the urgency in his voice convinced her that 'now' meant nothing less. Without a word, she grabbed his hand and pulled him after her into the enclosed part of the ship. She didn't know what to call it right then and didn't care as long as it was some place to hide. Still holding him tightly so as not to lose him, she led him up a narrow staircase onto the upper deck of the ferry. The wind tugged at them more than it had below, but there were more people to blend in with enjoying the view. Jumping ship obviously was nota solution, so they'd just have to blend in until the tour was over.

"What's going on?" she asked Benjamin, snapping her attention back to him. Dang it, she was still holding his hand. She released him, but nonetheless looked expectantly up at him. "Was it that guy back there? Do you know him?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/2/2012, 4:34 pm

“It’s Mark, Erin,” He whispered, and met her eyes, and his expression was desperate. “He’s here—”

He stopped again, listening. In the distance, he could hear surprised and annoyed grunts coming from the crowd, and a very familiar voice going, “Excuse me, sorry, have to get through, sorry.” Benjamin made the necessary deduction—Mark was trying to find Benjamin, pushing past people. It wouldn’t take him long before he got to them. Benjamin made a frustrated, fierce noise in the back of his throat, and then he was whipping off his coat.

“Here, put this on,” He pushed the coat into Erin’s arms, and sat down on a bench. Even sitting down, he was rather tall and he knew Mark would also be looking for his black curls. Cursing under his breath, he pawed at his hair, trying to push it down.

“Benjamin!” He heard Mark yell. Gods, he was so close. Benjamin started panicking. What would he do? They didn’t have enough time, he couldn’t think straight, how was he going to hide?

“Erin,” Benjamin blurted, before falling silent. He wasn’t sure why he had said that, why he had said her name. Was that what ordinary people did? Blurt out unecessary things in moments of panic?
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/3/2012, 7:08 am

Damn it! Erin thought furiously. Mark? What was he doing here? Wasn't he in England or wherever? What was he doing in the States? Then again, what was Ben doing in the States? It was better not to think. It wasted time and it only got her all the more confused than she had been to begin with.

She looked from side to side in a desperate attempt to try to find a way out of this. Unfortunately, there were only so many places that one could hide on a ship. She jumped slightly when Benjamin shoved his jacket into her arms. What was she supposed to do with it? Oh, put it on. Right. With fumbling fingers, she did so, though it was several sizes too large for her. Despite this, her intense feeling of vulnerability instantly dissipated like steam in sunlight. It was still there, but she at least felt somewhat safer in his enormous coat.

But Mark was Ben's demon to face, not hers. Erin got the feeling that if she did or said something to divert him, Benjamin would never forgive her. He'd run for too long. When he blurted her name, she turned slightly to face him, expression torn. She heard Mark's rapidly approaching progress and made a decision. To heck to it, she'd see this through with him. She backed up a few paces to stand beside Benjamin. They weren't quite shoulder to shoulder as she was a lot shorter than he was.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/3/2012, 4:19 pm

ooc; The colour black represents Mark.

bic; Mark saw the coat, saw the dark curls, the pale white skin, and the flash of ice blue as he looked where Lily had been pointing. She’d said he was rude.

It was Benjamin.

Mark’s first reaction had been confusion. He had actually pinched himself, and he wasn’t dreaming. It made sense; this wasn’t like his usual dreams (where Benjamin showed up) or nightmares (where he relived the moment where Benjamin had hit hard concrete and died). Then adrenaline had shot through his veins, and before his brain registered what was going on, he was shoving past people.

Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin.

He watched as a girl grabbed Benjamin’s hand and they’d run away. No, Benjamin couldn’t, Mark couldn’t watch Benjamin leave again, no. He jostled people, getting them out of his way, with the occasional muttered apology. For one terrifying moment, Ben had disappeared from his sight. But, as if it was instinct, he felt his head swivel to a side, and he saw Ben again. Giving his coat to that girl. Oh, Ben was brilliant, but he could be so dense sometimes. He pushed his way through the mass of people, and then he was standing next to Ben.

Mark stood in front of Benjamin, and all Benjamin could do was to stand up. A wave of… of emotions hit Benjamin. Dizzy panic, dizzy fear, but most of all dizzy, giddy joy at having his favourite person in the world right in front of him, next to him, sharing the same space. Then he registered something was very much wrong.

Mark wasn’t moving. At all. He just stood there, staring up at Benjamin, his face blank. He seemed to be a statue, and Benjamin could only just see Mark’s chest rise and fall in shallow breaths. Benjamin started worrying. Maybe Mark was in shock? The young genius reached out tentatively, with a very un-Benjamin-like timidness.

“Mar—”

And in a move too fast for even Benjamin to see coming, Mark’s arm pulled back, and his fist snapped forward, connecting with Benjamin’s cheek. Hard.

”YOU BLOODY BUGGERING GIT!” Mark yelled, nearly screamed, and Benjamin just gawked at him, his hand on the bleeding skin over his cheekbone. “HOW DARE YOU—I THOUGHT—I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD—” Mark pounded on Benjamin’s chest, but the blows were weaker, weakening every second, and then Mark was sobbing, melting against Benjamin. “I watched you die. I thought you were dead.”

Benjamin, still sort of in a daze, put his long arms uncertainly around his best friend. He sent an anxious, somewhat pleading look at Erin, confused about his own emotions and feelings, and what was he going to do now?

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 10/15/2012, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/3/2012, 10:06 pm

Erin grinned when Mark gave up trying to take out his pent up feelings of hurt and betrayal on Benjamin and surrendered to relief. Benjamin looked really awkward as he hugged his best friend with a mixture of relief, anxiety, and uncertainty written all over the face which seemed to usually suppress emotion. He looked quite comical, actually, but there was no way that she was going to tell him that. He'd probably throw her off the ferry or something.

For the moment, she just settled for taking a step back so that they could have their space without her intrusion. She didn't know Mark and had no idea what to say or to do. He was Ben's friend, not hers, and she trusted him enough to be able to handle the situation.

ooc: Grr, I'm coming down with a case of writer's block... that and stupid presidential debates bored me to tears, and now I don't know what to do!
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/4/2012, 5:08 pm

ooc; So, I am also currently struggling with writer's block, but in an attempt to cure it, I made a little graphic. I named our role play "Walk With Him," because that was the first sentence in one of your posts, and I loved it. So, erm, here you go.

The Statue of Liberty Walk_w10
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/4/2012, 5:26 pm

ooc: Oh my gosh! It's amazing! I can't believe you remembered that - not even I did. What program do you use? That's really good.
    And... I'm writer's block too at the moment. No!!!! I think I passed it on to you!
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/4/2012, 5:49 pm

ooc; Also, have you heard of Florence + The Machine? This verse from No Light, No Light reminds me of Walk With Him (what I have decided to continue calling our role play).
    No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
    I never knew daylight could be so violent
    A revelation in the light of day
    You can't choose what stays and what fades away

bic; Benjamin very awkwardly petted Mark's head, sort of stroking his hair in an attempt to console him. Truth be told, Benjamin also felt like crying. Finally, finally, finally he could be with Mark again, have his best man with him. He stared down at the top of Mark's head, and then back up at Erin. He felt the nearly unreasonable urge to hug her too. And then he realised.

He did have friends, as in plural. Erin was his friend.

With this revelation in mind, he couldn't help the smile that bloomed on his face as he looked at Erin. For once, he could believe that he did have a heart. He'd been reliably informed he didn't have one, but now he realised that those 'reliable informants' were not reliable at all. He had a heart, and right now it seemed it was content enough to be on a ferry with his only friends in the world, on the way to Lady Liberty.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/6/2012, 1:53 pm

Erin grinned at the pair of them. Gods, it was kinda hilarious at the same time that it was really emotionally intense. It was clear to her that it had been a long time since the two had seen each other, and they had very clearly been extremely close. Benjamin's eyes suddenly seemed to expand with realization. It looked rather like he had just gotten hit in the face with something heavy and was able to do the first clear stretch of thinking that he had in a while. Slowly, his look of surprised realization changed. He now wore a delighted awkward smile, though he still looked faintly surprised.

Maybe it just hadn't hit him before now that he had friends. She remembered sitting in the coffee shop with him and telling him that she didn't consider people her friend until she knew their favorite color. He had smirked at this, probably thinking that he walked best alone. Now that they had happened to bump into Mark, he seemed to finally connect the dots together.

"So Mark," Erin chirped, hoping that he'd stop sobbing with something to distract him. "You been in the United States very long?" She was still curious as to why he was here.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/12/2012, 7:45 am

Mark hastily wiped his tears away, pushing his shoulders back, straightening his back. He managed a tight smile, but his eyes were both warm and slightly sheepish. He pulled away from Benjamin's hug, but he kept most of the proximity between them. He didn't even bother to ask how the girl knew his name. "Ah, I just got here two days ago." A more genuine grin settled on his lips as he stretched out his hand for a hand shake. "Hi, I'm Mark Watson, nice to meet you."

Benjamin was still flying. This was a much better high than the drug-induced ones he'd wasted a year of his life on before he'd met Mark. He had friends and they were here with him.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/13/2012, 12:00 pm

"So you're Holmes and you're Watson?" Erin asked, smirking as she looked from Mark to Benjamin. She shook her head and laughed. "Good grief! What is this, a story come to life?" She looked from one to another as if seriously expecting an answer, but she was kidding for the most part. It was just a coincidence, wasn't it? It was pretty hard to imagine that it could be anything but, though Erin was a demigod and had learned to expect the unexpected and be open to possibility.

A playful salty breeze tugged at her hair, and she realized that she was still wearing Benjamin's coat. She pulled it off and offered it to him, grinning slightly at the delightedly dazed expression on his face. Gods, she wondered what it would take to bring him back to Earth.

Last edited by WolfGirl on 10/18/2012, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 10/15/2012, 6:45 pm

Mark snorted out a laugh, and Benjamin was abruptly brought back to the present time. "Well, he's never said 'my dear Watson' in his life, so does it still count?" Mark grinned at Erin, his dark cobalt blue eyes twinkling with amusement. Benjamin smirked.

"My dear Watson," He began, "this is Erin Elizabeth." He hesitated half a second before adding the 'Elizabeth' on the end instead of 'Battle.' He knew she wouldn't appreciate the other name. "And don't believe in such things, Erin." He dismissed the matter of his life being some sort of storybook thing with an airy wave of his hand.

"Why not?" Mark countered, and then the shorter boy turned back to Erin again. "You know Ben doesn't know about the Solar system?"
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 10/18/2012, 5:00 pm

Erin felt stunned, and she turned to Ben with a look of little short of surprise on her face. Of all people, Ben Holmes didn't know about the Solar system? What? But the kid was, like, super smart and basically a genius. How the heck could he not know about the Solar system?

It hadn't missed her attention that he hadn't used "Battle" as her surname, instead using her preferred middle name. She would have thanked him for it right then, but that would draw unnecessary and unwanted attention to the matter. Mark would likely ask questions, and she really wasn't in the mood to answer exactly why she didn't like to be associated with her mother.

The daughter of Pothos threw up her hands. "Okay, the Peanut Gallery's bewildered," she said with a befuddled expression. "How the bloody hell can you not know about the Solar system? You're, like, a genius."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/19/2012, 9:12 am

"As I said before, IT'S NOT IMPORTANT." Benjamin hissed. "This," he tapped the side of his head, "is my hard drive. All that matters to me is the work. Why do I care if the Earth goes around the Sun, or if the Earth goes around the moon, or 'round and round the garden like a teddy bear'?" He said the last part in a ridiculous falsetto, waving his fingers.

The whole time Benjamin ranted, Mark had been making faces behind his back at Erin. Benjamin turned, and Mark dropped the act, pursing his lips to keep from grinning. "Ah, so, erm, how do you know each other?" He asked, curious.

Benjamin glanced at Erin. "Erm, we... we met each other at this camp where we reside." He said vaguely, somewhat flailing for a way out of that topic. Mortals weren't really supposed to know about demigods, even an amazing, fantastic mortal like Mark.

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 12/3/2012, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong expression.)
    natewolfe
    natewolfe

Male
    Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2010-04-26

Post by natewolfe 11/24/2012, 6:41 pm

I finally reached the top of the statue. Half of the way I had been running from security guards because my glider had set off the metal detector. I guess they went to have a doughnut or something. I gaze down on NYC as I remember there's glass in Lady Liberty's crown. Oh well. I jump over the rail. Suddenly, the guards arrive. One activates his taser and comes at me. I unleash Cantus, my blade, upon that wretched glass, and jump out. Cantus goes back to a bracelet, and I pull the cord. I turn to see the guards and onlookers astonished as I fly over the city, far from the statue.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 12/6/2012, 4:01 pm

Erin, who had been grinning during his rant about the solar system sobered up when Mark asked about how they knew each other. Having listened to Mark speak, heard the way Ben spoke of him, taken in the way he presented himself, and watched him and his old friend interact, she would have bet a million dollars that Ben's vague answer wouldn't satisfy. It left too many holes and places for Mark to ask questions, and questions were exactly what they didn't need.

"See, it's a funny story, actually," Erin said with a nod to Ben, thinking fast. They needed something close to the truth, but not so close that Mark could guess what was really going on. If it was too far from the truth, it would clash with their real-life circumstance, and that wouldn't be good in the slightest. "It's a summer camp, but it allows kids to live there year round as well. The head of camp is a school teacher, or at least he used to be. The entire thing is based off the three primary mythologies of the ancient world: Greek, Norse, and Egyptian. It's pretty much like a year-round summer camp, except that you are constantly learning about the ancient empires. I can read Greek, for example, and speak it pretty well, though I'm nowhere close to fluent. It's archaeologically based, I think, as many of the campers are allowed to go on trips to travel to the different locations to learn more about them."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 11:10 am