A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+20
Jasper
Ryn the Sylph of Heart
Bucky Barnes
shortyy.xo
Komaeda
horselover96
Aves
Morgan Landry
Perca
Holly
jasmino123
The Gaurdian
Blaze
Kendall
Bell
tyler oakley
Ben zexion
sienna
Mason
-Chris-
24 posters

The Mess Hall

Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

The Mess Hall - Page 35 Empty Re: The Mess Hall

Post by Bell 5/26/2013, 7:44 am

“Ooh,” Laraine said in amazement. She had never visited slums before, and truthfully, she actually wanted to know. She hadn’t met too much people here, but the ones that she’d met were people with amazing and colorful backgrounds. Like Lindia! She was curious, and she was even thinking to keep a journal about each of her friends’ lives before the sentence just slipped out from her mouth: “What is it like?”

OOC: I’m TERRIBLY sorry for not posting for 5 days! I was sick, and on the top of that, I was extremely busy! I tell you, this week was crazy. Please forgive me.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 5/26/2013, 6:39 pm

OOC: it's ok, I can't post more than once or twice a day for a while anyway

BIC: Lindia clenched her teeth and stared down at the table, her fingernails digging into the hard material the table was constructed out of. "Listen. I don't like talking about the slums because of my experience." She stood, slamming her fist into the table and denting it. "But I might as well tell you." She paused and pulled up her shirt a bit, showing burn marks, scars, whipping marks and cuts. "I got these. I was abused. I was tortured and blamed. I was forced to do things, eat and take things" She said, sitting back down. "The slums is a place for nobodies, clawing to the top by cheating and backstabbing. You can't trust anyone, you can't buy anything. It's a monarchy of crime bosses. I was kidnapped twice and my dad didn't give a sh*t. Neither did the damn cops" she said and when she was done she had tears in her eyes, her arms wrapped around herself in order to try to comfort herself.
    IOC: where are Jackson and Cassie?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/31/2013, 7:15 am

Laraine stood there, flabbergasted. She didn't expect that to come. Yeah, she knew...that asking about slums was not a question, but she was curious! That's all! She didn't want Lindia to get upset or anything. Really!

Laraine hurriedly got up from her seat and walked carefully so that she was not sitting next to Lindia, not in front of her. She was bewildered, confused, sad. She didn't know what to do....but she had to do something! It was her fault that Lindia cried...gosh, why did it have to be so hard to make one decision?

"Lindia..." she said weakly. "I--I'm sorry. I didn't mean...I didn't...I'm just...I just want to know you better. That's all."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/31/2013, 2:45 pm

Linda looked at her, her eyes slightly pink from the sudden tears. "You want to know me better? Well here's one rule. Never NEVER ask about my dad. That's it. I hate my past, I've done everything I can to try to forget. I've tried pills, suicide, hitting myself in the head, but it always comes back. My past is dark. Evil. I was raised by a monster among men." Lindia said before looking at her scars. "Perhaps I'm sorry I reacted that way, but anger management is not my strongest trait" she said and sighed. She coughed hard. Wheezing suddenly. "Ugh it's starting...."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/1/2013, 11:27 am

"I'm really sorry. I am!" Laraine almost cried as she saw Lindia's sad face. She felt guilty. She felt sad. On the top of it, she wanted to leave the conversation she'd made. She just wished that she could eat with her peacefully.

And then Lindia coughed.

Laraine stood in alarm, taking one or two steps back. "Wh--what's wrong?" she asked.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/1/2013, 4:48 pm

Lindia didn't answer for a second, fumbling with her clothes as she took out a tube of a green liquid and swallowed it. "Sorry about that, I uh...." Lindia sighed, then took a deep breath. "Sit down, I think we should try this again" she said, looking at the table. "I've been smoking for a while....and well, I've quit recently and the after affects are going through. I'm taking medicine for the addiction of the nicotine, and that green stuff is a potion I created to make the affects subside."

She looked at the girl, smiling, softly. "It's alright, lets just talk" She told her, resuming her meal. She had hoped that she would stay, she was warming up to the idea of having a friend.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/3/2013, 4:26 am

Laraine couldn't speak a word. She was too scared to. With her curiousity, she was afraid that she might burst out in a stupid question (like the questio she'd just asked) and made Lindia angry again...oh gods, she didn't want to lose a friend!

And so...Laraine chose the safer way. She sat down to her original seat and did not say a word. At all.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/3/2013, 9:37 am

"Ask something, just not about my family ok? Or Detroit, just ask" she said, eating quietly as she stared at te girl across from her. She was interested in what she had to say. She waited, paitently
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/10/2013, 8:44 am

Laraine was too scared to ask, but she started to think of anything—please, just anything that was appropriate enough to be said without hurting a single strand of Lindia’s heart. Family? Nah, Lindia had said that she didn’t want to talk about that. Detroit? Nope. Absolutely not. Daily activities? No…Laraine was not in the mood of hearing about anyone’s daily activities…but then…a bright idea came into her mind so quickly that she couldn’t control her own tongue when she spitted out the question.
    “What’s your favourite food?” she asked.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/10/2013, 7:57 pm

///
    Lindia smiled, glad to have gotten this girl to talk. She knew that she had hesitated, but many people did around her. "It's Italian Sausages, the ones they make up in the Detroit tigers ballpark is awesome! You totally have to try" She said smiling "if I ever go home it's for that, I mean they are amazing! Perfectly cooked..." She licked her lips.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 6/12/2013, 4:38 pm

I walk in and sit at an empty table. I grab leg of chicken and start eating. "So how long have you been at camp?"
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male
    Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2013-06-07

Post by Gimli00 6/12/2013, 4:40 pm

I shrug " About 6 years but i don't get around much, you?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/12/2013, 4:44 pm

I thought back on it, "I think it has also been six years. What happened to you during our fight? One second you were getting your [CENSORED] kicked then you started to kick mine. What happened?"
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male
    Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2013-06-07

Post by Gimli00 6/12/2013, 4:47 pm

" I don't know its just something I've always been able to do when I'm angry, afraid, or just do good enough in a battle. Were did you learn to fight cause you are bloody amazing.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/12/2013, 4:54 pm

"My mom is Victoria the goddess of victory. Fighting comes natural for me. Extra practice always helps." I look at my watch. "I should get back to the coliseum." I get up and leave.

Last edited by Ryger17 on 6/22/2013, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/13/2013, 11:47 pm

“Oh!”
    Laraine was not expecting that answer. She was actually preparing herself for much harsher answer than…that. She knew that it was a slightly stupid question, considering that they were now eating and Laraine should be able to see Lindia’s favorite food since this camp provides, like, almost every food she could think of…and she won’t be surprised if Lindia thought she was stupid for asking such question.

Surprisingly, Lindia didn’t. Laraine couldn’t believe her own eyes. She just laughed…and told Laraine her favorite food. Laraine was flabbergasted. She was speechless for a second or two before she realized that being silent was probably not good.

“Oh, um,” she stammered. “Great! I love those foods.”
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/14/2013, 5:27 pm

Lindia smiled, glad the girl had the looks of shock and surprise on her face. "What about yours?" She asked with a a large smile. She looked at the other girl, and waited. She wanted to make at least another friend before she started dumping every boy she met. She secretly wondered where her girlfriend was, but didnt care too much as she made a friend
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/14/2013, 11:30 pm

"Oh, um, well..." Laraine looked at Lindia, feeling uncertain. She was in the middle of eating her third slice of pizza, and suddenly her appetite seemed to cease into nothingness. The best thing to do now was to answer, of course, but Laraine hesitated. Living for a few years in Indonesia had influenced her life...especially about food.  Oh, she would be happy to tell it to Lindia, but Laraine was afraid that Lindia might not know the food. It would be awkward if it is true...but...

Laraine sighed. After all, this life would not be cool without risks. She hold her breath and said it slowly, "I like...I like rendang. It is an Indonesian food...sort of like spicy beef."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/15/2013, 10:01 am

Lindia nodded slowly to the girl across from her. "I think I had some in San Francisco, you can find anything there" she said with a grin. SE loved talking to this forhien girl, as she loved to learn about places she could've lived when he was younger. "What is indinesia like?" She asked
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/17/2013, 4:09 am

"Well..." Laraine smiled. At last...they were now in Laraine's safe zone. She could basically handle any question about this topic. "Well..." she repeated. "It's hot. Um, mostly hot. Cities with many forests like Bogor is a pretty cold place. It rains a lot there, too...but metropolitan cities such as the capital city, Jakarta, is really hot. If you're not used to the weather, you would need an air conditioner to stay alive. But Indonesia is a place with many cultures and foods...so yeah." Laraine finished her speech with a smile. "It's not really a bad place to live."

OOC: for your information, all things that Laraine just said are true...and those cities are located in West Java.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/17/2013, 5:22 pm

Lindia smiled, it sounded like great places to go to her. "Wow, sounds amazing. Not like America, with all it's so called perfection" she said, looking at laraine. "Think maybe you could help me learn more about it? The language, the culture, the food?" She asked, grinning.

Lindia could notice her breathing was beginning to labor, and her curse beginning to take affect, but she ignored it for now. Maybe she had some medicine with her, or did she leave it all in Venice?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/18/2013, 8:16 pm

Laraine smiled with excitement. She could definitely help her to learn more about her country. Of course, it would be awesome! She still had a book about Indonesia somewhere in her bunk, and she was sincerely eager to help Lindia. Out of all people in this camp, no one had asked her about her original country...except Lindia. Well, the others didn't bother to find out, and Laraine decided that she'll do her best to provide as much information as possible for Lindia.

But as she was going to say something about Indonesian culture. she saw Lindia's face. It was sweating, and her face was stiff as if she was holding a pain. Laraine didn't see that coming.

"Lindia?" She asked. "What...what's wrong?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/19/2013, 9:02 am

Linda paused, processing what the girl had said. Obviously she was going to say something else before speaking what she did. Lindia also noticed this girl cared how she was, and decided to give the honest answer. "It's just my curse" she said simply, as if it was no big deal while it really was to people not used to what happened. Only Laure, Lindias girlfriend had ever seen her go through her entire curse.

The abused girl pushed her hair back, brushing it out of the way of her chocolate-brown eyes. Her golden ring sparkled on her right ring-finger, the engraving she had specialized for it shining brightly. She looked at the Indonesian, smiling as she absentmindedly searched her pockets for her vials of medicine only to find nothing, which didn't worry her too much, but still added slight worry to her pale face, framed by her dirty blonde and red dyed hair.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/22/2013, 8:22 am

Laraine did not answer back. Instead, she looked at Lindia carefully. She was not that expert at medical education yet—come on, she was still twelve!—and she was new here, but she was a daughter of Veiovis. Veiovis is the god of healing, and even though curses weren’t her specialty, at least she could recognize the symptoms she had experienced due to the nature of her godly father and judge whether it is bad or no to let her be.

But she wasn’t expecting for the worst.

Laraine gasped, feeling extremely stupid for not realizing it earlier. Lindia was really holding her pain. Holding pain wasn’t good…and—gosh, she was stupid—she should have known that Lindia was searching some sort of a medicine for this so-called curse…in vain. Laraine’s mind started to work in a panic mode. “Lindia!” Laraine said, she unconsciously stood up, her face showed fear. “You have to go to the infirmary.”

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/22/2013, 3:30 pm

Linda almost laughed, but held her tongue. "It's no need, it's not too bad" she said, though it was worse than she let on. She could black out any moment now and she would stay that way for almost an hour, two if it was really bad. It happened almost daily, the effects of her curse.

"But if you insist" she said, thinking that perhaps it was a good idea to go and get herself checked out, maybe a long-term antidote could be found and utilized instead of the ones she made daily. Thank the gods she was a daughter of trivia, and knew how to make medicine and potions and such, it was one of her only skills.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:01 pm