A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Recording Studio

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Recording Studio Empty Recording Studio

Post by honey 11/1/2012, 8:19 am

Niall sat on the stool in front of the microphone in the music studio. His fingers deftly strummed the strings on his guitar as the sound of his voice and the guitar flooded the room.

How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes
    I struggle to find any truth in your lies
    And now my heart stumbles on things I don't know
    My weakness I feel I must finally show
    Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
    But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
    Lend me your eyes I can change what you see
    But your soul you must keep totally free...

He sang, his eyes closed, into the microphone. The soundproof walls muffled the sound of the music room door opening, and since Niall's eyes were closed, he didn't see anyone come in, even though the wall between the music room and music studio was made of glass.

Last edited by Tom Hiddleston on 11/1/2012, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Recording Studio Empty Re: Recording Studio

Post by honey 11/1/2012, 8:44 am

Dauntless wrote:Astrid ran her hand through her brown hair, as she exaimed the guitars. She peeked through the window, and saw Niall. She was curious what he was singing, so she opened the door, cautiously, just a little crack, and let the music take her. A smile engulfed her face, as the music led her to a daydream. Music was her escape.

In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
    And where you invest your love, you invest your life
    In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
    And where you invest your love, you invest your life
    Awake my soul
    For you were made to meet your maker
    You were made to meet your maker.

He slowly pulled himself out of the music-mood, as he liked to call it, where he completely lost himself in the music and nothing else mattered. He blinked the sort of haze from his eyes as he stopped the recording and found himself looking at Astrid's smile through the glass. He pressed the button that allowed him to speak through the microphone into the actual music room, to Astrid. "You know it's considered rude to spy, right?" He teased, grinning.

ooc; VISUAL AID

Recording Studio Tumblr_mc62xnGr3N1ry6wqf
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 11/1/2012, 11:09 am

Astrid laughed, looking away, before managing to keep eye contact again. "Your music's great," She told him, ignoring how "rude" she was. "And anyways, it's not spying when I can hear you from where the guitars are," She said, rolling her eyes. He left the door open, so the soundproofing was there for nothing.

OOC: HAHAHA MORE VISUAL AID
    Recording Studio Tumblr_lz4mrcCGL21qfgo5mo1_250
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/1/2012, 5:05 pm

"Thanks." He laughed somewhat self-consciously, though he was internally preening. It was a very good thing, he decided, that she thought he was good, that he was great. He smiled at her for a good while more than he should have, and abruptly turned away, laughing again although the giggle was more embarrassed sounding. A barely noticible blush flooded his cheeks as he pushed away the thought that Astrid looked very good as she leaned against the doorway, arms crossed and smiling at him. He cleared his throat. “So, what’re you doing here?”

Recording Studio Tumblr_mc62ixFbpF1ry6wqf
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/1/2012, 7:31 pm

Astrid cleared her throat, her nails digging into the inside of her palm. "Well, I was going to borrow a guitar from here, but I don't like any of the guitars here. I prefer mine, after all." She said, oblivious to how Niall was acting. "And I was also 'spying' on you," She made quotation marks with her fingers, amusement shining in her eyes. She then thought how rude she was actually being. "Sorry if I interrupted you...should I go?" She asked abruptly.

Recording Studio Tumblr_m8tqbrxyvQ1rdlxdlo1_500
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/1/2012, 8:50 pm

nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/1/2012, 9:50 pm

Recording Studio Tumblr_lys8lbwn1N1r5gpyso1_250
    "Okay," She said, letting a small smile return, when he asked her to stay. She selfishly liked it how he wanted her to be there for the time being. She enjoyed his presence, and just wanted to clutch onto it as long as she can. "Sure, I'd love to sing something with you," She shut the door behind her carefully, taking small steps towards him. "Have anything in mind to sing?"

OOC: OH MY GOD I'M SO SSOSOSOSOS SORRY I BY MISTAKE EDITED YOUR POST
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/1/2012, 10:43 pm

ooc: nuuuuuuuuu how could you

bic: Recording Studio Tumblr_mc62yxbO5K1ry6wqf

"Wellllll..." He pushed a hand through his hair, making it even more messy. "I was thinking maybe Enchanted, by Taylor Swift. We can make it into a duet, and I can push my parts an octave lower." He suggested, hopeful again. He was completely prepared to take advantage of all the time he had with her.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/1/2012, 11:08 pm

OOC: I'm so sorry :c I brainfarted.
    BIC:
    Astrid looked down, before looking up at his face. "Yeah, I'd like that," She said, tugging at her green shirt, that was covered in black hearts. Her heart was pumping wildly, and she usually got like this when she played League of Legends. When she makes her character run away, when it has low death, and a bunch of enemies are chasing her. She ends up hoping she won't die, and usually she won't, since her character usually has a special skill to dash forward. "Um, should I play the guitar?" She said, spying a guitar in the corner of the soundproofed room.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/8/2012, 4:02 pm

"If you want," He shrugged. He disappeared into the closet, and came back out with another stool. There was only one microphone, so they'd have to share. He opened up the sheet music wide on the stand, and watched Astrid as he flipped on the switch, and the recording started. Astrid started playing the guitar, and Niall started singing, his voice in a mezzo piano dynamic.

There I was again tonight
    Forcing laughter, faking smiles
    Same old tired lonely place

Walls of insincerity,
    Shifting eyes and vacancy
    Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you...

He smiled and nodded at Astrid; it was her turn to sing.

ooc; Sorry for the sort-of-power-play thingy there. :/ On the other hand, I felt it appropriate to put in this graphic for visual aid >:D

Recording Studio EnchantedRP1BW_zpsdd3f0ccb
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/8/2012, 4:38 pm

OOC: It's okay! As long as my character won't be killed or anything I'm okay with it. xD
    BIC:
    Astrid tapped her foot lightly, as she sat on her stool, glancing every so often at the notes, before playing the chords on the guitar. She knew the lyrics already, so she wasn't worried. As Niall finished his part, she opened her mouth, a soft voice escaping.
    Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
    Across the room your silhouette
    Starts to make its way to me
    The playful conversation starts
    Counter all your quick remarks
    Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you...

She sang, her voice heard over the strumming of the guitar. It was obvious Astrid didn't need any autotune for her singing, and sure, she had a few mistakes, but barely heard, since she self-taught herself. She looked up at Niall, and gave a smile at him, before continueing onto the next line, where she guessed that Niall and her were going to sing the duet.

Recording Studio Tumblr_m0w71hwO8c1r5tdn1
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/8/2012, 5:01 pm

Recording Studio Tumblr_mc62pzMGoi1ry6wqf

He winked at Astrid before singing the chorus with her.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
    I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
    I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
    I was enchanted to meet you...

Their voices wove through each other's, his voice deep and low and hers silvery and pretty and high. Then he started with his second solo verse. For some reason unknown to him, he couldn't seem to pull his eyes from Astrid's as he sang.

The lingering question kept me up
    Two AM, who do you love?
    I wonder 'til I'm wide awake
    And now I'm pacing back and forth
    Wishing you were at my door
    I'd open up and you would say, "Hey,
    It was enchanting to meet you,
    All I know is I was enchanted to meet you..."

His voice softened again as they were about to sing the chorus again. The next part, after the chorus, would be slightly more complicated than the rest, but with a voice and brilliance like Astrid's, he was sure they'd be able to pull it off.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/8/2012, 5:20 pm

Astrid blushed, looking down at her guitar, continuing to strum. She felt breathless, with him in this room, as they sang together. Their voices brilliantly wove together, her's light and a edge that wanted a person to listen to her more, his affected by his accent, but it had a nice lilt to it.
    This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
    I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
    This night is flawless, don't you let it go
    I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
    I was enchanted to meet you

Astrid continued on her own, singing,
    This is me praying that
    This was the very first page
    Not where the story line ends
    My thoughts will echo your name
    Until I see you again
    These are the words I held back
    As I was leaving too soon
    I was enchanted to meet you
    She continued to look at Niall, as she sang, absolutely in shock, how perfectly they're voices sounded together, and how nice it felt to sing around him. She normally felt embarassed, but now she just felt happy. She had to quickly change chords, as her fingers were numbed from the pain of pressing her fingers onto the strings. A nice glowing feeling was at the pit of her stomach, and she embraced it with welcome.

Recording Studio Tumblr_m4o4sqdNrJ1rx4dsuo1_r1_500
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/9/2012, 7:42 am

nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/9/2012, 2:36 pm

Astrid strummed her last chord, and looked up to meet Niall's eyes. She found herself surprised, that he stared at her like that. She thought this was fairly good. Well not just good, it was amazing. "Thanks. You were amazing," She told him, standing up to but the guitar back into the closet. "I'm glad we were able to sing a duet together," She told him, just being polite. She had dark circles under her eyes, as usual, due to lack of sleep, although she didn't care much about them. It's just under the harsh light it shown, and she worried about it.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/10/2012, 2:30 pm

ooc; You’d better not kill this post, or I shall be quite cross with you.

bic; His smile faded a bit yet again as he noticed the shadows under her eyes. “You look tired.” He frowned. “Didn’t you get any sleep, Astrid?” He leaned closer on the stool, narrowing his eyes at her. What he didn’t realise was that the stool had started leaning over with him, and in less than two seconds, Niall had barely enough time for an “oh sh*t” before the stool tipped over and sent him tumbling to the floor, missing Astrid by mere inches.

nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/10/2012, 3:45 pm

Astrid had paled. She breathed out, but not loudly, when he fell. Perhaps he would forget, but she doubted it. She looked down at him, concerned. "Are you alright?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/10/2012, 4:11 pm

He blinked the dizziness out of his eyes; his head had slammed right into the floor. He sat up and rubbed his head, wincing. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Her face was pale, making the shadows stand out. His back straightened as he stood up and picked up the stool. “You didn’t really answer my question, though.” His voice was a little more tense than it should be. Something in Astrid’s expression made him worried.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/10/2012, 4:49 pm

"It's nothing, honestly. Just late game nights on my laptop," She said, which was only the partial truth. She really hated to sleep, since then the nightmares came, so she slept less than the average human being. She was usually very tired in the mornings, constantly yawning.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/13/2012, 8:14 am

"I'm not stupid." Niall told her, though his tone was gentle. "You can tell me anything you'd like." He reached over and ruffled her hair, giving her a small smile. He knew a lie when he saw one, and although he knew maybe the lie was for a 'good reason,' he wanted to know. Even if he might not be able to help Astrid, he might be of some sort of consolation or reassurance.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/13/2012, 2:52 pm

Tom Hiddleston wrote:"I'm not stupid." Niall told her, though his tone was gentle. "You can tell me anything you'd like." He reached over and ruffled her hair, giving her a small smile. He knew a lie when he saw one, and although he knew maybe the lie was for a 'good reason,' he wanted to know. Even if he might not be able to help Astrid, he might be of some sort of consolation or reassurance.

Astrid looked down at her lap, wondering if she should actually tell the truth. To be honest, the truth was kind of stupid. "It's just nightmares," She shrugged. "I can't seem to ever wake up from them, and when I finally do, it feels like I barely slept anyways," She said, sighing. "I know it's dumb, a little kid thing, but I've gone to the point where I tried dreamcatchers," She let out a soft laugh.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/18/2012, 5:02 pm

"It's not dumb." He watched her closely, his voice a bit gentle. "It's bothering you, and I don't think that's dumb." He told her, and the corner of his mouth pulled up in a Ron-Weasley-esque half smile. "Here." He reached over yet again, this time aiming for a friendly hug.

ooc; heh heh heh
    sorry for not posting for forever
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/18/2012, 6:14 pm

Astrid smiled, hugging him for a second, before letting go. She was uncomfortable when she was far too close to somebody, physically. "It's nice that you don't think it's stupid," She said, comforted.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/19/2012, 8:50 am

He shrugged, smiling again. "It isn't," He insisted mildly, then dropped the subject. He was sure that the topic would come back up, and he would try to help her more, but he knew right now was not the time. "So, d'you want to listen to the recording?" He asked her, brightening up.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 11/19/2012, 2:42 pm

"Sure," She smiled, not wanting to dull his spirits. She disliked listening to her own voice. She often felt uncomfortable, and felt that it was rather obnoxious, but she can manage to stay peppy for Niall, and wince her way through the song. "I'd love to hear it," She said, actually curious how they sounded together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content