A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Morgan Landry (remake)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Morgan Landry (remake) Empty Morgan Landry (remake)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/18/2013, 11:01 am

Morgan
    Landry

Name: Morgane Landry (the name her adoptive parents gave her). Depending on what country she's in, she adapts her name: Morgane in France, Morgana in Germany and Morgan in an English-speaking country.

Her formal name, though, would have been Theano-Kristo Efthimia Minalkis. Since her father didn’t know whether it would be a boy or a girl, he decided that if she should be a girl, she would be named Theano (Θεανώ in Greek); should it be a boy, the name would have been Kristo. So she kind of carries both names (since he never knew what gender she was) even though she doesn’t know it for the time being. (Theano, Efthimia and Kristo are real names, I made none up.)

Nicknames: Morgan Le Fay, Fata Morgana, the Morrigan, Manto, Meropi, Agapi, Alkestis, Androniki.

Date of Birth: 29th of August (again, I won't specify the year because it's disturbing for RPing, in my opinion).

God Parent: Hecate.

Mortal Parent: Alkinoos Minalkis, but unknown (yet). Alkinoos is Greek, but he disappeared in the Sea of Monsters; he was looking for Circe after Hecate left him, he wanted to learn more about magic. He knew that Hecate was pregnant, but that was the moment she left him. Unfortunately, he found Circe and she turned him into a cavy. She kept him, though, since he was a lover of Hecate, and she was afraid of the goddesses’s reaction. When Percy and Annabeth came and let the other prisoners out, her father didn’t have the time to take a vitamin, so he escaped but he’s still a cavy. He’s somewhere on Circe’s island.

Descending from: Isadas. And since she's Spartan, so a Heraclid, she descends from Heracles.

Place of Birth: Underworld.

Hometown/Last Residence: Berlin.

Race/ethnicity: White/German and French (even though she should be Greek)/demigod

Accent: She has sometimes a French or German accent when speaking English, but she tries to take up the American accent.

Spoken languages: English, Ancient Greek, German, French, a bit of modern Greek

Sexual orientation: Bisexual.

Pets: None.

Social Status: Morgan being friendly and helpful in practically every situation, she’s quite appreciated at Camp but she’s not ‘popular’ like an Apollo child or so. She’s popular in the way that she has many friends of different ages, and is appreciated for her sincerity, strong personality, help, openness and kindness.

Summer or Year Rounder: Summer Rounder, yet she shall come round during the other holidays.

Years at Camp: A handful of months only.

School grade: 11th

General appearance

Skin Tone: Pale white, but it sometimes seems tanned.

Skin Type: She has many beauty spots, especially on the arms and back; she has some pimples on her face.

Eye Color: A deep amber-brown.

Hair Color: Dark brown, often mistaken for black. They have red-golden highlights when the sun shins on them.

Hair Length: Waist-long

Hair Type: Thick, sometimes slightly wavy, sometimes completely straight.

Height: 1m70

Weight: 53 kg

Body Type: Hourglass shape, muscular arms and legs. Wide-chested and wide-hipped.

Detailed appearance

She has a rather slim face, with a relatively low hair line. Her hair is often shiny, and hangs around her waist. She has slanted eyebrows over her brown eyes. They have long eyelashes, but are too little (the eyes). She has a straight nose, with some freckles on it. Her cheeks are a bit full; her mouth is red-rosy and she has a neat jaw-line. She used to wear a pair of red rectangle-shaped glasses but doesn’t use them anymore. She seems older than she is.

Her fingers are slim and relatively long; the joints are pale red and the blue veins are visible under the skin of her hands and feet. She has rosy fingernails, always carefully cut because of her playing the piano. Her hair has golden-red highlights when the sun shines on it.

Weapon and armor

Weapon: A four-colour-ballpoint pen. If she presses the black one, she has a kopis. If she presses the blue one, she has a xiphos. If she presses the red one, she has a blazing whip. If she presses the green one, she has a skean dhu. She called it Apokryphos ("Secret" in ancient greek). All blades are made of stygian iron. She also has a leather bracelet which can turn into a shield. Along with that, she possesses a dori lance (disguised as a trekking stick), all Stygian Iron.

Armor: She has a Corinthian helmet with black, horizontal horse hair. She also has a lamellar armor ( both helmet and armor are disguised as a sleeveless black jacket). Along with that, she possesses leg and arm pieces.

Positive and negative sides

∆ Positive

Skills/Talents: Playing the piano, drawing, making drinks, strong affinity with plants and their effects, writing (be it poetry, philosophy essays or fantasy stories), learns by heart very quickly.
    Fighting with a sword/skean dhu/ whip, javelin throwing, speleology, ‘extreme’ sports like skiing, canyoning, speleology, canoë-kayak (in swiftwater), horse/pegasi riding, climbing (on cliffs), very good at gymnastics, geology, quantum physics, maths (especially complex numbers, theorization and fractals), chemistry, history, philosophy, mythology.

Strengths: She is nice, friendly, sincere, good at arguing, sympathetic, always there to help others (even when she doesn’t know them) and clever (or so I think^^). Her frankness drives her to put other’s opinion into question, and she doesn’t let people have their way easily when their opinion contradicts hers, which leads to debate if they have a powerful personality too (this can be put as well in here as in ‘Personality flaws’). She has a very strong personality, which is backed by a philosophing mind. She has a very happy and optimistic outlook on life.

∆ Negative

Personality flaws: irritable, sometimes bothersome, perfectionist, at times cruel to sadistic, lazy, blunt (she says what she thinks even if it means being evil with somebody).

Fatal Flaw: Impulsivity. She has a tendancy to act on impulse, and every time she does so, it’s gonna have a bad outcome, either way. She tends to avoid it, now, but when there is no time to think properly (e.g. : she or one of her friends is in danger/ about to be killed), she often bases her actions on her pulsions and the end isn’t a happy one.

Physical flaws: Her cheeks are too full, her hair greases easily, her teeth are a bit yellow, she has three scars across her face (left by a lamia) and pimples on her forehead. Even though the three scars are the most striking, she has many others, especially on her left arm, but she practically never talks about those.

Weaknesses: Running, endurance, jumping, swimming quickly, athletics in general, physics (the like of the mechanic energy, cinetic energy), she hasn’t the scientific way of thinking, which is bothersome, since she is in the scientific serie, at her school.

Monsters: The monster she hates most are the ephialtes (greek counterpart of the incubus), because Ephialtes was, according to the legend, the greek who betrayed the Spartans to the Persians during the Battle of Thermopyles. Anyway, she hates those monsters particularly, and they feel the the same way about her.

Personality

Personality: Morgan is a walking paradox.
    On the one hand, she’s really nice, friendly to everybody (unless they are arrogant, haughty or the like), always helpful and funny. In addition to that, she’s a strong pacifist. That doesn’t mean, of course, that she lets people do what they like ; she has a strong personality, and shall always say what she thinks ; she often opposes people with her arguments, because she has a peculiar way of seeing things. She is usually quite strong and very supportive towards her friends. She is reliable and although she seems very strong she is also very sensitive.
    On the other hand, she can be cruel to sadistic. Her affinity with potions making her really good in chemistry, she has developed a soft spot for hydrochloric acid and has a vial of it in her trunk – for extreme cases. She never used it, though, and probably won’t. Not on demigods. On monsters, however, surely. She’s sadistic in that way that when she fights somebody and sees they aren’t in a good position, she enjoys hurting them, like twisting their hand a bit too much than necessary to make them let the weapon go.
    Fortunately, though, her sadistic part doesn’t show up too much. So she’s a paradox : violent but pacifist, sadistic but altruistic.
    She has a love for philosophy : she’s a convinced eudemonist and tends between the cynic and the cyrenaic school. Cynism is a bit too much for her, so she takes out of it what she likes and leaves the rest. She enjoys contemplating and reading Descartes; she has a dictionary of philosophy she often reads when she’s alone.
    Her Spartan part plays an important role in her personality. It gives her the thirst to fight, the will to express clearly her way of thinking, the courage and the love for what she protects, the values and the political tendance. It makes her talk short but clear. She’s very passionate about things she likes.
    She is an independent woman who likes dealing with many things at once. Morgan can be family oriented when she feels that she has enough time for herself; she is very reliable and dependable person.
    Morgan is an absolute optimist. She has her own special way of seeing the world and believes in a power mightier than the gods’s. She is a thankful person, and pays acute attention to everything she likes and is thankful for those things.

Valued Principles: Honesty, Loyalty, Eudemonism, Gratitude, Courage, Fight for the goal she believes is right one even though the battle is already lost, Integrity to herself and her principles.

Likes: Steinway &Sons piano, Sparta, reading, Italian and Greek dishes, Antique sculptures, Mythology, Quantum sicences, Philosophy, History, Art, Litterature, great landscapes, caves, snow, light, lagoons, fire, high mountains, Greece (especially Athens and Sparta), Italy, Germany, Scotland, Corsica, Brittain, catamaran, speleology, canoëing, skiing, ski-joëring, kayak, canyoning.

Music tastes: Morgan loves rock. Not AC/DC but more Muse, sometimes Green Day. She loves electro too, the like of Daft Punk. She listens to medieval/celtic/epic music too, essentially Corvus Corax, Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, E.S.Posthumus and Position Music. As for classical music, she prefers Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninov, Liszt and Tchaikovsky. She likes Jewish music as well.

Book tastes: She loves reading philosophy, Descartes, for example, Aristotle or Euclid. She has a soft spot for epic adventures, the Iliad for example, or modern fantasy books (Harry Potter, Eragon,The Spook…). She likes as well the books by Ken Follett: The Pillars of the Earth, World without End, A Dangerous Fortune...

Dislikes: Schopenhauer, capitalism, dodecaphonic music, concrete music, plutocracy, Persia.

Fear: She has a fear of bottomless, dark water. She doesn't know where it came from, yet it's a very strong fear. She can freak practically out.

Morgan Landry (remake) Personnages-feminins-brune-dragon-img

Powers

Morgan has minor shadow-traveling (2 kilometres a day).

Her other power is Mystiokinesis, cut into several under-powers.

∆ Manipulating the Mist.

∆ Creating Mistforms:

∂ She can create physical objects out of the Mist, maximum 2mx2m. They pop back into the Mist after five minutes. She can use that power five times a day.

∂ She can make green electricity shoot out of her hands. This electricity can provoke several things, she decides what it does with her intention or she says it in Ancient Greek : it helps her controlling the elements, it can freeze or shock somebody into immobility for three seconds. It’s her most strong power, and it takes a lot of energy, because it’s difficult to control. Like her other power, it has a way of twisting around her that makes it hard to use. She can use this electricity thrice a day. If it is at its maximum, once every two days only.
    Element controlling through the electricity:
    * Air : she can make small gusts of wind twirl around and create quick, strong windblows. She can do this once a day, depending on the intensity of the wind.

* Water : she can make water move and increase the height of a wave, maximum one meter higher, but only for a few seconds. It takes her much energy, and she can do this once a day only.

* Earth: she can make rocks levitate and provoke minor earthquakes, maximum 3.5 on the Richter scala. For the rocks, the maximum she can levitate is a rock 3mx2m, and she can do this once every two or three days. When she provokes an earthquake, she needs three days to fully recover. Seeing they aren’t powerful and they take alot of energy, she doesn’t use them often when she’s in danger.

* Fire: she can create fireballs; maximum size : volley-ball-size. It takes her much energy and concentration to create them, she usually doesn’t do this much. She can create a maximum-sized fireball once a day only, and will need 14 hours rest to recover.

The elements she is most comfortable with are fire and earth. Water and air are difficult for her to manipulate ; they often escape her grasp and have a way of twisting around her.
    She can’t manipulate all four elements on a single day without collapsing. Its easier for her to manipulate them through the green electricity. She can call on them without it, it’ll take less energy, but it’s more unreliable. She can call on them with her mind, as well, but it’s easier and better at first if she summons them (she tells them what to do in Ancient Greek).
    Practically, it works like this: she can control the elements with or without the green electricity.
    If she uses them with the electricity, it's easier, it's more reliable, but it takes more energy.
    If she uses them without the electricity, it takes lesser energy, but it's more unreliable.
    Either way it's gonna twist around her at some point, but it's easier if she uses them with the Mystiokinesis. It's like, it all works through this electricity. But when a certain level of habit is reached, she can try and use them without it.
    She can use all elements a single day, but once each only.
    She can use them at their maximum power once a day, and only that element (e.g. not a maximum sized fireball and making a pebble levitate).
    When the elements are already present, it is Mist manipulation. When she generates the elements, it is Mistform.

Abilities:
    Shadow: she can ‚fade away‘ in the shadow when it suits her.

Animals: she can communicate with a number of Hecate's sacred animals: polecats, snakes, frogs and female dogs. For the others (boars, horses, mullets....) she can sometimes feel their intensions but it's accurate only 20% of the time.

Life before Camp Half-Blood

I grew up in a french-and-german family with which I discovered I wasn't related in any possible way.They aren't my natural and biological family, even if I strongly resemble them (it's a charm my mother put on me to protect me, an empousa told me). So I lived in Berlin for quite a long time (actually as long as I can remember), and then me best friend told me she was in fact an empousa who had to protect me. She explained she couldn't tell me before because of the Second Titan War, she had to wait for the outcome, since my mother had been on the Titans’s side. So she took me to Camp Half Blood after making something up for my adoptive family, something that was close to the truth but not the complete truth. They would learn it sooner or later either way. Since she's a monster, no one attacked us except a Cyclops, but the empousa easily killed him. She left me at the camp's gate, explaining she couldn't enter and accompany me because of her being a monster.

RP example

I just arrived in the arena, Apokryphos in xiphos-modus. It was a truly beautiful building, far more than the Colosseum. All made of white marble and decorated with statues of greek soldiers, it was oval and the groudn was covered with sand.
    As soon I marched into this camp, I had wanted to learn swordplay, to test my instinctive skills. As I saw all those demigods fighting, I knew I hadn't a chance of standing against even one of them. I saw several standing in retreat, drinking some refreshments. I walked over to them. I chose a boy with shoulder-long ash-blond hair who seemed to excell at fighting with a sword.
    "Hi" I said. "I'm new here, recently arrived. Would you care teaching me some moves?"

Notes

I'd be grateful if nobody 'copied' the green electricity power (not the element controlling of course, just the fact she can shoot it with her hands); it happened on another RPG forum that a character had the same power as mine, which made me angry since I had had a tough time finding it.

© Never-Utopia

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/28/2014, 5:59 am; edited 8 times in total
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Morgan Landry (remake) Empty Re: Morgan Landry (remake)

Post by GwrachSeren 2/26/2013, 4:17 pm

Hi, Flo!

OK so considering that you say that she was born on Olympus and she is a Hecate kid, I think that considering Hecate is an Underworld goddess that she should be from the Underworld instead.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2013, 12:02 pm

You're right. Edited :)
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 2/27/2013, 5:41 pm

I need Morgan Landry's original form. I want to compare the powers she/and now has, since Jordan told me he approved those powers, and I can't find the form so yeah, unless you only have Morgan Landry the one with the one Kenny approved.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2013, 12:29 am

In fact, I pm'ed the new powers to Elle, and she said she was okay with it. oO
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 2/28/2013, 12:50 am

Even if I personally disagree with the powers, it is approved.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 2/28/2013, 5:13 pm

This character form has been awarded 1000 drachmas.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/24/2014, 4:56 am

I'm moving this topic since it seemed it was never moved to the Approved Character Forms section.

Also, I recoded it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 1:28 pm