A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

This is an original..please tell me what you think!!!

shortyy.xo
    shortyy.xo
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1740
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

This is an original..please tell me what you think!!! Empty This is an original..please tell me what you think!!!

Post by shortyy.xo 2/23/2013, 10:00 pm

Chapter 1

Even before I arrived at the graveyard I heard Taps playing. It started out faint and then it came in louder and louder and louder making me cry harder. My brother, who was home from Afghanistan was dead. I made sure to get home earlier than usual from school to be there before he was so I could make him his favorite sandwhich,grilled cheese. When I got there it was to late. I saw my brother,lying there on our tile floor in a pile of blood. An arrow in his heart. How this happened? Well im not sure but I will find out. My brother was only 21 and he had a full life ahead of him. He was so brave. I will always remember when we were kids and he wouldnt run away from anything. He wouldnt scream when he had nightmares, he didnt get scared by bigger and tougher kids. He simply stood there, and brushed it all off. Though he was brave he had a cowardly side. Believe it or not he was TERRIFIED of guinea pigs. It always made me laugh. Now, he was 6 feet and 3 inches under brown,ugly,dirt. I could taste millions of those salty tears on my lips. He was everyones hero. He was the best person I had ever known and now he was gone. Thousands of calls and texts and cards had been to my family but nobody cared about that. All we wanted was our Kaleb back. All I wanted was MY Kaleb back. I didnt want my house, a car,electricity,water,or ANYTHING really. Except my big brother. I step out of my moms Honda Civic and place my feet on the coarse cement, a bare expression, slowly falling tears. Both of my parents were sobbing and I was trying my best not to. Kaleb always would look at me with his cloudy gray eyes and say "Be brave Jay Jay be brave for me." and thats what I will do. I make my way slowly to where everyone was going to be gathering. The sky was a combination of black and gray. It was on the verge of storming and I kind of hoped it would to mask my tears. Nobody was there yet except for the pastor,my mom,dad and I,and Kaleb's open coffin. I walk over to it and he looked like he had gotten younger by 5 years. His sandy blond hair was combed and parted just the right way,he had on his camo uniform and an American flag in his hands along with some white roses. "Please Kaleb..dont forget me." I choke out,the first thing I had said all day. I watch my tear roll down his plastic looking cheek. I take out a couple of his favorite items: his favorite action figure from when he was little, a picture of our old dog Louis and him in the snow while they were hunting together, and a scarf I made him for a Home Ec project from my cardigan pocket and placed it in his coffin. The preacher tapped on me "Jaylen people are arriving."I nod understandingly and kiss Kaleb's forehead. It was ice cold. I begin sobbing and I couldnt take it. "WHO DID THIS TO YOU!?"I screech at the coffin, not expecting an answer "I will find out." Everyone in the whole town had come to the funeral and I wanted his homecoming to be a 'Letters from War' kind of moment but it wasnt. Everyone tried to comfort me but I didnt want their comfort "I will avenge you Kaleb" I whisper to myself while picking some blades of grass. I was sitting alone in the very back on the grass. Thats when I saw the strange man in the demin jacket chuckling in the trees.

Yes I realize this is depressing and dark now but you must realize it is a funeral. It shall get happier as the story goes on but im not revealing too much yet! Im still making edits to Chapter 2!

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 9:14 am