A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Brighter [Private]

RDragon
    RDragon

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2013-04-09

Brighter [Private] Empty Brighter [Private]

Post by RDragon 4/10/2013, 8:34 am

WILLIAM TYLER Son of Athena

Will sighed as he stood by the shoreline. The cool waves lapped around his bare feet as he stared into the horizon. As a younger boy, he used to dream of traveling to where the sea and the sky met, touching it with his very fingers, but of course that was nothing else but a mere childhood fantasy now. Nevertheless, the thought brought a small smile to his lips. Maybe he would look like a dramatic idiot, smiling at nothing in particular, but Will didn't care for once. Reminiscing wasn't against the rules now, was it?
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Brighter [Private] Empty Re: Brighter [Private]

Post by Jules 4/10/2013, 9:35 am

Analeigh strolled along the beach at a leisurely pace, her beach slippers slapped against the sand leaving a small cloud of dust in her wake with every footstep. She looked upwards squinting at the sun, shielding her eyes with her right hand, her features silhouetted against the sky. Her free hand rested on her waist over a plain white tank top. Analeigh had dressed relatively simple today, well simple for a daughter of Aphrodite anyway, she wore pale blue shorts and her silver charm bracelet on her left wrist, her lustrous brown hair bobbed up and down in a high ponytail. As she walked, she caught sight of a boy slightly older than her, standing by the shore staring into the horizon. Hollywood-esque, she thought, unable to help herself from smirking a little.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/10/2013, 10:02 am

A flicker of movement caught his eye and Will half-turned to see a brown-haired girl strolling by. He couldn't see most of her face, what with the sunlight and her right hand shielding her eyes, but were his eyes deceiving him or was she really smirking at him? Next to her, he grew a little self-conscious in his worn-out orange camp shirt and checkered knee-length shorts. Clearing his throat, Will raked a hand through his messy chocolate locks in a futile attempt to tame it. "Watcha grinning at?"
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/10/2013, 10:25 am

Analeigh looked embarrased at being caught staring, her cheeks now tinged with pink. She shrugged, trying to be nonchalant and stepped forward but stumbled a little over a piece of trash some idiot had left there. Her face flooded with colour, Great. Just great, she thought, as she steadied herself just in time. She looked up, now avoiding the boy's eye and smiled, "Sorry, you just looked like a seen from a movie."
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/10/2013, 10:52 am

It was Will's turn to smirk as the girl stumbled. How cute. "Oh, this?" He went back to staring at the sea, effectively reenacting the way he was before the girl's arrival. He looked back at her after a few seconds, his grey eyes twinkling mischievously. "Yeah, I get that a lot. I've been told that I look like some dude in this number movie."

Well no, not really, but the girl wouldn't know that he was lying, would she?

"I'm Will," he said finally, stretching out a hand. "What's your name?"
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/10/2013, 3:16 pm

Analeigh raised an eyebrow in that quirky way of hers when he reenacted the scene from before for her benefit. She hadnt noticed it until that moment, but he was rather good looking, good looking enough to pull off cliches at any rate-but maybe she was biased, Analeigh had a thing for grey eyes. Her own eyes sparkled a little as she smiled and she briefly wondered what colour they would appear to him, as she usually did when she met someone new. "I'm Analeigh", she said, shaking his hand. After a brief pause she added,"and you do look rather that dude from that number movie", with barely a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

Ooc: Ugh. Sorry about the run-in sentences. I've been working on a project for school, for about 6 hours and my brain isn't functioning so well.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/10/2013, 8:50 pm

"Thanks, and nice to meet you," Will said, his smile a wee bit smugger than it should. A thoughtful look crossed his features as he took a closer look. Although it was hard to make out with the intense sunlight nearly blinding him, he could just spot the blue and amber flecks twinkling around green irises.

"Great eyes, by the way. Did you know that only around 2% of the world's population are born with green eyes?" he added matter-of-factly, the trivia undoubtedly coming from a book he read somewhere. Will had a great memory, something he highly prized. You never know when it might come handy.

ooc: It's no problem. I understand how school can be c:
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/11/2013, 7:46 am

Analeigh eyes widened a little as she chuckled, how strange that she should answer her unspoken question like that. "Is that what you see?", she mumbled a little distractedly, before adding "I've heard that about natural red-heads, so I suppose people with red hair and green eyes are extremely rare."
    Analeigh smiled at Will, feeling she owed him some sort of explanation, "You see, I'm a daughter of Aphrodite and one of the weird side effects of that is, my eyes are not any one colour. People see the colour that attracts them the most.", Analeigh bit the corner of her lip slightly at this, oh no what if Will was embarrased?, she quickly added, "of all the traits to inherit.." in an exaggeratedly glum voice
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/11/2013, 8:25 am

Will's brows furrowed. Mouthing an 'oh' at Analeigh's explanation, he felt his cheeks burn slightly and knew with no doubt that they were tinged with pink. "I see. Now I know why my ex had green eyes," he commented, laughing a bit to lighten the mood. That statement contained a ring of truth this time, but he did not push the subject. Instinct told him that it was not a good conversation topic.

"Hey, it's a pretty nice side-effect," he added, noticing the glum note in her voice. "Although, you'll get in some trouble if you're looking to pursue a career in acting. They require you to put eye color in your resume, if I remember correctly." Will placed his fingers under his chin as if in deep thought before smiling teasingly at her. "I don't think 'whatever is attractive to you' will be one of the options."
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/11/2013, 9:35 am

Analeigh laughed, with a sound like the pealing of bells. Her eyes scrunched up as she grinned at Will gratefully, it was nice of him make light of the situation that way. "Maybe I'd just ask someone to fill the form for me", she said and shrugged, letting her shoulders fall in a fluid motion. "Or hey! Maybe Sci-fi movies would cast me", she said in sudden inspiration, her eyes sparkling as she grinned, "special effects like never before."

Analeigh squinted a little and shielded her eyes against the Sun again, she couldnt tell exactly how old Will was, he just had one of those faces. "So which cabin do you belong to?", she asked, thinking that she definitely had not seen him around camp before so he probably hadn't been there very long.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/11/2013, 9:53 am

Will laughed along. "Perfect. Ladies and gentlemen! I now present to you with special effects even beyond the reach of CGI: the girl with a thousand eye colors!" He turned to the sea, seeing his imaginary audience cheer as he stretched his arms out for effect.

The gesture allowed him the full impact of the sunlight hitting his face and he recoiled. Dark spots danced around his vision as he rubbed his eyes. "Number Six, Ma'am. Son of Athena at your service," he said, still blinking profusely as he turned back to Analeigh. And like a gentleman he bowed, one arm on his stomach with the other resting on his back. Smooth, Will, he complimented himself, smiling.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/11/2013, 10:21 am

Analeigh laughed, tilted her slightly to once side as she did. "You really are a showman, you know that? Maybe you should be the one with the acting career.", she said, her voice playful. A son of Athena.. Analeigh couldnt pretend she wasn't a little surprised, children of Athena around camp wernt anything like this friendly boy in front of her. Smart would be one way to describe them, unfriendly another.
    These thoughts flew out of Analeigh's mind as she disbelievingly watched Will bow to her, as though he'd stepped straght out of the pages of a Victorian classic. She couldnt help but smile. Analeigh wasn't one to do things in half measures and so, playing the part perfectly she regally proffered her hand and in a faux-accent said, "I am honoured, kind Sir." Her lips gave her away as they twitched slightly at the corners, fighting a smile.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/11/2013, 10:39 am

Will took her hand in one of his and bent as if to kiss it, but he stopped with his lips a mere inch from her skin. He met her gaze with a devious-looking half-smile. "Charmed."

He let go of her hand by then, his smile widening into a cheeky grin. "Maybe I should," he said, referring to her earlier comment. He ruffled his hair, which stuck out in more random directions as a result. "I think my Athena genes will be put into good use, memorizing those scripts. Can't imagine how my mom would react to me starring in the big screen though. Our kind usually ends up as librarians or something."
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/11/2013, 12:44 pm

Analeigh felt her cheeks grow hot as they were flooded with colour, Ugh, how embarrasing! Why did she have to blush so easily? As Will let go of her hand, Analeigh self-conciously rested it on the nape of her neck were small brown hairs had freed themselves from her ponytail. She couldnt help but laugh at his comment about children of Athena and found herself sub-conciously relaxing again. "Your kind", she repeated, her tone twisting around the words, "Well perhaps you could be a knight from the middle ages instead, you certainly have the manners for it.", she teased, adding "and I dont see why Athena would be displeased, she's goddess of battle too, isnt she?"
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/11/2013, 9:14 pm

"Hm, as tempting as that sounds, it seems like an awful lot of work," Will finished with a dramatic sigh, already feeling tired just thinking about the drills and the efforts he needed to put if ever he was to be an actor. It was during these times that he really wondered if he was a son of Athena. He didn't really like taking part in battles, considering them just a waste of energy. He would rather be in the sidelines issuing orders and watching others follow them. Will was just too lazy for his own good. Still, the image of him in a medieval knight suit complete with a horse looked rather pleasing.

"Me, a knight..." he mumbled. His mischievous side getting the better of him once more, he continued, "Do I look like a knight in shining armor to you, Princess?"

He had definitely not missed how the daughter of Aphrodite blushed a couple of times now. It was just all in good fun though, he knew. Pretty girls had the tendency to draw out the teasing side of his tongue.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/12/2013, 3:29 am

Analeigh laughed again, she was growing used to Will's teasing tone and was inclined to pay him back in kind, "Yes. Definitely", she said looking serious, "but first wont you help a maiden in distress?" Analeigh eyes sparkled as she play-acted her features changed inexplicably to form a miserable expression. She considered stepoing it up a notch and getting her eyes to fill with tears, something she could do at will- a product of all the acting classes from when she was young.

Deciding against this, Analeigh stepped forward swiftly and clasped both of Will's hands in her own and said beseechingly, "Slay the dragon and free me galant knight." Analeigh had to tilt her face upwards to look Will properly in the eye. She was momentarily distracted, holding back a giggle, as she wondered if Will would think she had lost her mind.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/12/2013, 11:11 am

Analeigh's hands were warm against his and the sudden clasping took Will aback. Quickly regaining his composure, he assumed a mask of determination - his grey eyes blazing as he returned her gaze. Then, mustering up the nerve, Will raised his free hand as if to cup her cheek yet he stopped centimeters away from her face. "Fear not, fair maiden," he reassured her. "You are in good hands."

Man, I wish I had a sword, Will thought. Unsheathing a sword would have made the situation ten times more melodramatic. As he maintained an intense gaze with Analeigh, he couldn't help but imagine how they would look to a total stranger passing by. He resisted the urge to pull away and burst into hysterics. Will was not about to be the first one to let up.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/13/2013, 3:42 am

Analeigh eyes widened a little, she definitely hadn't expected him to play along. No. You will not blush, you will Not. she chanted to herself and with supreme effort distracted herself sufficiently to prevent no more than a faint tinge of pink from reaching her cheeks. Analeigh's eyes glinted mischievously, she was not gonna back down, if anything she would step it up a notch.

She gazed back intensely into Will's startling grey eyes and pretended to swoon. Analeigh had a lot of practice feigning this particular event, so much so infact she was often asked to playact fainting to entertain her cabin mates. Rather convincingly Analeigh fell backwards courtesy of all those trust falls, knowing that Will would catch her. Her left hand had flown to her temple, where it rested lightly over her eyes that were almost completely closed. Her lips were pursed seemingly in discomfort although that may also have been because she was trying to hold back a smile, certain that Will would let up now.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/13/2013, 8:37 am

Will blinked twice, taking it all in. Even if he knew that it was only an act, there was still something extraordinary about seeing a daughter of Aphrodite swoon before his eyes. Many boys would trade anything to be in his position right now. He felt his cheeks slightly burn but he fought hard to keep a carefully controlled expression. No way was he going to let her win this game.

Will realized what was going to happen a moment before it did. He threw his arms out, catching Analeigh in mid-fall. With his face hidden behind her hair, Will exhaled a quick sigh of relief. "Better be careful, Princess," he whispered in her ear. A smile played on his lips as he continued, "I might not be able to catch you next time."
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/16/2013, 5:25 am

Analeigh eyes fltered open theatrically, but she lost her focus for a second finding Will's face so close to hers. As the blood rushed to her face, Analeigh thought it was impossible that Will couldn't hear her accelerated heartbeat and nearly closed her eyes again just to get away from the embarrassment of it all. Will's arms were warm around Analeigh's waist, as she turned her face slightly, as she felt herself slip a little lower losing her footing slightly. Analeigh struggled to right herself and found herself face-to-face with Will, she blinked looking as though something surprised her and with a little effort she tried to smile, the tinge of pink not fully faded from her cheeks.

Analeigh looked at Will through her mahogany hair that had fallen like a curtain between them and inhaled sharply, "Thank you", she said softly in a tone that made it clear she wasn't play-acting anymore. Dammit, Analeigh thought after a short pause, I always win..

Ooc: I'm so sorry I took so long to post! I've been really busy lately, but I'll post more often now. :)
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/16/2013, 9:04 am

Will savored the intimacy of the moment for a few more moments before finally straightening up and righting themselves. His heartbeat had quickened and he was pretty sure that his cheeks were as pink as the girl before him. Damn it.

He withdrew his arms and stuffed both hands in his pockets. "Anytime," he said, smiling back. Knowing that playtime was over, he took a step back to maintain a respectable distance from the girl. After all, they had just met and he felt that he might have gotten a little too close for comfort in their little game.

Instead of the sand though, his foot made contact with a shell that protruded from the shoreline. Having been staring at Analeigh the whole time, he jumped at the unfamiliar sensation. His eyes filled with panic for a split-second. Was it a crab? A scorpion? By the time he noticed that it was only an empty mollusk shell, Will had already lost his balance and fell over. So now, here he was sitting on his butt with his palms planted on the warm sand... right in front of a pretty girl.

His cheeks flushed as he looked back up at Analeigh, his Adam's apple bobbing nervously in his throat. "I totally meant for that to happen."

ooc: tis okay c:
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/18/2013, 3:38 am

OOC: I had typed out a lovely long post and it got deleted /cries.

Analeigh swallowed thickly as Will righted them and stepped back. She opened her to mouth to say something, but just as she concluded her inner debate on what to say, Will stumbled and fell flat on his butt.
    Analeigh had instinctively thrown a hand out but it had been off no use, working hard on restraining her laughter she took a step forward and extended her hand again helpfully, a smile playing on her lips as a giggle burst forth. "Sure you did", she said, grinning at him looking completely adorable sitting in the sand staring up at her.

Wait, adorable?, did she just think that? A small crease appeared between Analeigh's eyebrows as she contemplated the thought. She'd acknowledged Will was good looking from the moment they met, but she hadn't counted on him being interesting and funny and easy to be around..Oh my gods. No Analeigh., she thought chiding herself internally, You are Not gonna develop a crush on a guy you just met. You know what happened last time. Analeigh winced slightly, at the memory of when she'd hopelessly stupidly begun to fancy someone who'd never look at her the same way, a son of Dike. Analiegh consciously guarded against this now, she liked getting what she wanted and so it was imperative that she not want what she cant have. She nodded to herself a little, strengthening her resolve, as she did so her jaw tightened a little her eyes unfocused as a distracted expression had settled over her features.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/18/2013, 4:53 am

The corner of Will's lips twitched slightly, fighting off a grin. He good-naturedly waved off her attempt to help. It just didn't seem right to have her pull him up. Besides, he didn't know if she would appreciate being touched with hands that were gritty with sand. Will knew from experience how some children of Aphrodite were neat freaks that panicked at the smallest stain. Analeigh didn't seem to be that kind of Aphrodite child though, but Will thought it prudent to not take chances. She seemed like a nice person and he didn't want to blow off his chance to make a friend - a good one, at that.

But you aren't a good friend to most, Will, a malicious voice chided from the back of his mind. You know that you aren't really as nice as you make yourself out to be.

Shrugging the thoughts off, Will staggered back to his feet. The dark edge to his mind made him falter a little but he put that aside at the look of Analeigh's face. There was something different there. Although he had never been the best at reading emotions, he could see the faraway look in her eyes and the slight clenching movement in her jaw. Wiping his palms on the fabric of his shorts, Will raised his eyebrows, concerned. "Are you alright?"

ooc: #roleplayerproblems
    lucky it didn't make you totally ragequit xD
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/18/2013, 7:28 am

Analeigh started a little as her train of thought was interrupted, she blinked and looked up at Will's concerned expression and realised that her expression must've given her away. She really was hopeless at hiding her thoughts, an open book her step-mom had sometimes called her. She closed her eyes for a second and with a little effort smiled naturally when they flew open again.
    Analeigh withdrew her hand, noticing that Will hadnt required it and placed it awkwardly on the nape of her neck as she inclined her head slightly, considering how best to answer his question. Analeigh wasnt sure how much Will had read in her face and so decided to play it safe, "I'm alright, why do you ask?" she said quietly, trying to sound cheerful. She wasnt sure whether she wanted to tell him what she was really thinking, but she was resolved in that she definitely dint want to reveal where these thoughts had stemmed from. Analeigh absentmindedly freed her hair, letting it fall in waves around her shoulders, framing her face. She quickly twisted the purple scrunchie and wore it around her wrist, letting her hand fall to her side again.

Ooc: I did for a day xD I just couldnt deal with typing out a new post.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/18/2013, 7:50 am

"Oh, you just looked... nah, it's nothing. Never mind," Will said, shrugging. It really wasn't any of his business anyway, and for all he knew he might have just read her wrongly. People were harder to read than books.

Deciding that a change of topic would be best, Will flashed Analeigh a toothy grin as he thought of the perfect thing to say. "I don't know if you're used to people telling you this, with you being a daughter of Aphrodite, but you're really beautiful." He studied her closely, taking note of her brown locks and color-changing eyes that looked green to him. Then he paused, pursing his lips. "Surely you must have a boyfriend to spend time with?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 6:00 am