A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

flipping through pages (private)

Adori
    Adori

Female
    Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

flipping through pages (private) Empty flipping through pages (private)

Post by Adori 5/8/2013, 4:57 pm

The sun was high in the sky, its rays warming the Lake to a nice and tolerable temperature. Presley slipped off his beanie as he pondered in, thinking it was no use to have it on. He ran a hand through his hair to get rid of his beanie-hair and stuffed his beanie carelessly into his brown book bag. His mother bought his book bag from a women's shop in the mall and never told him of its femininity. It wasn't until a few insults and a push into the lockers that Presley figured out his book bag was unfortunately, a girls bag. That didn't bother him since he thought it was pretty much the best book bag in the world. He always carried 5 books (400+ pages, of course) with him in his bag with ease and was always replacing the ones that he read with new ones every time. This time he held The Great Gatsby in his hands as he settled down by a tree. He lazily leaned against it, his legs stretched out in front of him where someone could easily trip. His fingers were aching to open the book since he hasn't really read in a while. Camp has kept him very busy. He didn't think it was going to be this hectic at camp, so he packed about 50+ books in his suitcase. His suitcase was 70% books and 30% actual necessities. He soon regretted this after archery training, cabin check up, and many more activities that he has become involved in. Most of these activities, he wasn't fond of since he preferred to be alone and reading.

After rustling around and getting comfortable, he finally propped open the book and began to read. "The Great Gatsby....Chapter one.." Presley mumbled to himself, which he usually did after finishing each chapter.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

flipping through pages (private) Empty Re: flipping through pages (private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/8/2013, 5:20 pm

Emma had spent the last few months sitting alone in her cabin because she hated the cold, so she was so glad to be outside in the warm and sun. It felt so nice to be in shorts and a tank top again. She walked out of the tree line and into the sun and felt instantly better. She'd grown her hair out and grown a couple inches since the past fall and she felt like a whole new person. Emma slid her sunglasses out of her bag and put them on. She walked quickly with a slight bounce to her steps. Emma threw her bag down and pulled out her iPod. She shuffled through her music until she settled on listening to Les Miserables. She'd done the musical her freshmen year of school and had played Eponine. It was one of her only fond memories from her time in regular school. Even though she'd been "popular," she never really felt like she belonged or was truly wanted. She felt like she belonged a lot more at camp, especially when it came to archery and sword fighting. It was a whole knew world for her and she loved it so much more than anything else.

After a while, Emma caught herself singing out loud. "Red, the color of desire. Black, the color of despair." She looked around awkwardly whens she realized she'd been singing out loud, and stopped quickly.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/8/2013, 6:22 pm

Presley was getting really into the book, his nose practically in the pages. Whenever he was reading a good read, he couldn't stop. Even if someone kicked him in the side, he probably would not even react and keep on reading. His glasses started to slide off the bridge of his nose, but he swiftly pushed them back up, although they ended up slightly crooked as they started to slide back into place. He had finally ended the sixth chapter when he heard a sweet tone singing near him. His ears perked up once he realized the tune. His mother was a huge music fanatic and would basically play various of songs throughout the house 24/7. Broadway tunes kept a special place in her heart. He was familiar with the tune, even from just hearing the first nine words, although he couldn't quite name the song. Presley was indifferent to Broadway music, thinking they weren't bad but they weren't really good music either. Broadway shows were a huge bore to him in contrast. He hated the thought of sitting in a seat for 2-3 hours listening to dialogue then singing, dialogue then singing, dialogue then singing, etc. etc. etc.

Frustrated with not knowing the song, he set down his book on his lap and turned to the source of the singing. He spotted a girl who was looking around with an embarrassed expression. He inferred that it was her since she had her earphones in and it seemed to him that her cheeks were slightly flushed. "Red, the blood of angry men. Black, the dark of ages past..." Presley quoted from the song in a regular voice, his glasses still crooked on his nose. "I swear the name of that song is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember it..." He realized that this might make him look like a total Broadway junkie and soon regretted even quoting the damn song.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/8/2013, 6:39 pm

Emma jumped a little when she heard the voice behind her. She hadn't noticed the person sitting there, so she thought she'd been in the clear with the singing. She turned bright red and didn't look at him for a minute. Eventually, she realized that she probably looked stupid, so she turned around. His glasses kind of made him look like a geek but she was trying not to be too judgmental. "It's Red and Black from Les Mis." Emma smiled, trying too brush off the embarrassment. "I played Eponine my freshmen year. It was amazing." Emma tried not to be too awkward. Awkward wasn't normally a problem for her, but ever since she'd run away to camp to be with her brother, it'd been becoming worse and worse. Emma turned around all the way to be able to see him. She saw a book in his hand and she smiled a little. She'd read the book in her time inside all summer. Emma was a secret reader, not really telling anyone. It hadn't really worked in her image back home. She felt silly, but she couldn't really see him too well. She was able to figure out mostly what he looked like, and what the book was, but it was all blurry. She'd lost her last pair of contacts and refused to wear her glasses. They were in her bag, but she wouldn't take them out.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/8/2013, 10:09 pm

Once she said the song title, Presley grinned with satisfaction. The itch of not knowing something that he was trying to remember was one of his biggest pet peeves. "Right! Yeah..That's what it was." He replied with an assertive nod. Presley could feel the slanting of his glasses on the bridge of his nose and fixed it quickly with slight embarrassment. Has it always been like that? "...Sorry, but I have no idea who..Epo..Eponine is. i haven't really seen Les Mis before..my Mom is just obsessed with many Broadway tunes. She's one of those people." He didn't know what he meant by those people, but he hoped she wouldn't get offended somehow. That would not be a good start to actually befriending someone.

"I'm Presley. Presley Callingham." He finally introduced himself with a friendly grin. Presley spotted the girl smiling at his book and held it up in the air so she could see the front cover. "Great Gatsby...ever read it? Its a pretty good read...if you're into the whole 'Roaring Twenties' historical type of thing." Presley was pretty flexible on what kind of books to read. He was a fan of various genres but there was only one genre that he could not even fathom to even try to read. That genre was Romance. Reading 400 pages of a relationship that you already knew was going to happen felt like a waste of time for him. He liked surprises, extreme foreshadowing, and maybe even a cliffhanger or two (if there were a sequel, of course), yet he could not even digest reading any kind of Romance whatsoever.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/9/2013, 3:36 pm

Emma laughed when he said those people in that tone of voice. I guess you could say that I'm one of those people. But I understand, we can be an annoying group." Emma smiled sweetly. "If you only know the music, Eponine is the character who sings On My Own." Emma felt a little silly. She usually didn't have to explain Les Mis to people. It was one of the few musicals that most people understood. Emma got up and took off her sunglasses. She walked over to Preston and took the book out of his hands. She debated whether or not to tell him she'd read it, but then realized he probably didn't care. She didn't have any reputation that she need to protect. "I spent most of the winter in my cabin. I really hate the cold and snow. This is one of the books I read while I was there. I really liked it. Emma felt a little nerdy telling him that. She wasn't really used to telling people about reading. She was used to being the pretty girl and that was it. Emma flipped through the book. She found her favorite quote. “You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.” She smiled and shrugged it off, handing the book back to him. "I'm Emma Ryder, by the way." Emma offered him her hand to shake.
    Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/9/2013, 5:49 pm

On my own was Presley's mothers favorite song coincidentally, although Presley dared not to tell her that. He was already embarrassed enough for quoting that damn song. "Nah, the musical people weren't annoying..they were just-" he paused for a second, trying to find the right word to describe them. At his school, he thought they were completely nuts. They would literally sing and dance in the halls which he didn't enjoy whenever he was on a book run. "..They were pretty theatrical." He finished with a slight shrug.

He grinned when she told him that she, as well, has read Great Gatsby. "Oh, so you read it!? That's awesome!" He probably sounded too over-excited, but he didn't care. Meeting a fellow reader is probably the most awesome thing he could ever think of at this moment. "Well I'm glad someone has a good taste in music..." Presley shook her hand firmly and smiled back warmly. "Nice to meet you, Emma Ryder."

ooc: sorry this is so short, i'm doing a lot of homework right now xP
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/9/2013, 9:08 pm

Emma smiled sweetly. "Nice to meet you, too, Preston Callingham." Emma pulled her hand back and did a silly spin and ended in a dramatic pose and smiled a big smile. "Is theatrical really that bad?" Emma pulled her arms down quickly and laughed a little. Emma came out of her shell really easily with people. Sometimes it worked to her advantage, sometimes it just really freaked people out. She tried to read the expression on Preston's face but she couldn't really see it too well. Emma pulled her glasses out of her bag. I already told him I'm a reader. How much more could I have to lose? Emma thought. She slid the glasses on. "Woah! That's better." Emma smiled.

ooc: Sorry mine is short too. Glee season finale :D
    Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/10/2013, 10:00 pm

"Well they're not bad, they just were just...interesting, I guess you could say." Presley concluded with a slight chuckle at the end. He could see that the Emma started to become comfortable with him, which he liked. It was good to know that he wasn't making her feel awkward or anything..that was the last thing he wanted to do. Presley folded the corner of the page that he left off reading from in his book and closed it. He stuffed it back into his bag and turned back to find Emma with glasses on. Surprised, he thought she actually looked a bit cute in them- though it was no surprise to him, he had a thing for girls who wore glasses. "Hey! We're kinda matching." Presley joked, taking off his glasses to show how they were a little similar. His dark brown eyes twinkled as he laughed, although his vision was quite blurred without his glasses being on.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/10/2013, 11:09 pm

Emma pulled her glasses off and looked at them. They weren't as awful as she remembered them being. "I don't think I've worn these in front of anyone besides my brother in about 8 years." Emma put them back on and smiled. "It is pretty nice being able to see." Emma joked. She really liked how Preston looked in his glasses, which is strange because she usually thought guys seemed to look dumb in glasses.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/11/2013, 10:17 am

Presley looked at her with curiosity. He could never survive without his glasses. They were pretty much a part of him. He's had bad eyesight ever since he was in second grade when his teacher caught him literally squinting to see the board from the back of the class. He despised his glasses at first since he was always being made fun for being "four-eyed" throughout his elementary grade years. His first pair were theses black, rimmed, big frame glasses that looked like they were brought back from the early 90s. Presley became so embarrased of these that he would sometimes take them off right when he got to school and pretend that he never had them. Thankfully in middle school he was able to get some nice regular rectangular framed glasses that seemed quite popular now."Well you should wear your glasses more often," He replied, "It kinda sucks not being able to see. Besides, I think your glasses are actually kinda cooler than mine." He thought her glasses were a pretty good match for the way her face was shaped. Presley once read on a website about how certain glasses are perfect for the way your face was structured and he thought that hers was a good fit for hers. Feeling a bit like a creep, he pushed the thought away. He didn't didn't know if his matched his face or not, but it didn't matter. He needed glasses to see, not to impress.

His thoughts wandered off to the location of the library. Presley was still not fairly familiar with the many locations of this camp and heard from a group of Athena kids about hanging out in the library. He made a mental note to ask Emma where it was, inferring that she must of been around camp for quite some time.

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/12/2013, 3:13 pm

Emma rolled her eyes. "No need to lie. No one can really like glasses on me." No one can really like anything about me is more like it. Emma thought. Emma had a really hard time accepting anything even remotely close to a compliment that wasn't someone calling her hot. That's all she'd ever heard about herself. Nothing real or sincere. Emma pulled her phone out and sat next to Preston. She pulled up the front facing camera and got both of them in the frame. "See how much better you look in glasses than I do. You have nice glasses. I don't." Emma said, and put her phone away. She knew she wasn't technically supposed to have one but she didn't really care. Preston didn't seem like a snitch. Most people here totally would have told on her, but he didn't seem like most people. Emma wasn't really a fan of making friends with CHB people, but he didn't seem too bad.

Emma pulled her knees up to her and placed her chin on them. She did this a lot when she was nervous about how people felt about her. Preston struck her as the type of person who didn't really like the loud, overly outgoing type. Emma could be that way a lot, and she guessed he could probably Emma fell back on the grass, with her arms behind her head. She looked up at the sky, thoughtfully.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/12/2013, 7:06 pm

PRESLEY GROVER CALLINGHAM
    a page and a mind worth a thousand words

Presley stared at himself in the front camera and didn't realize how dishelved his hair has been. He looked at Emma in disapproval once she told him how his glasses were nicer than his, and shook his head in response. "Hey, don't bring yourself down like that, I like your glasses. Besides, glasses are for seeing, not for looks right?" He told once she put her phone away. The thought of Emma having a illegal device in camp was far off in his mind and he honestly didn't care. Its not like they were going to banish you from this camp from holding an iPhone right? Besides, Presley had his eReader and iPod stuffed in his bag as we speak. "Plus, if people make fun of you and your glasses. Just tell them to eff off. It works..at least sometimes." He didn't want to mention the time one of the baseball players beat him up behind the school after he told him this. Presley wasn't even sure why he told off one of the jocks, since it wasn't in his nature. He was more of a loner who loved his space when he wanted it. It was the jocks that always kept bugging him and wouldn't go away.

Presley watched as Emma fell back on the grass and could easily read how nervous she had suddenly become. Confused by this sudden change, he stayed quiet for a moment before speaking out again, "If you want..I could let you borrow my glasses sometime...or whatever.." he told her, attempting to lighten up the mood. With a small smile, he took off his glasses and held them out to her. "Here, try them."
    His version was blurred and he couldn't really see her face that well, but he didn't mind. Emma seemed like a nice girl and he knew for sure that she wasn't the one to steal glasses or anything. The brown-eyed boy looked somewhat different without his glasses and has always been told that he looked better without them. Presley didn't know why, but he believed that they were absolutely wrong.

made by emilie
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/12/2013, 7:24 pm

Emma sat back up and took the glasses from him. She slipped hers off and offered them to him. Emma put his glasses on and blinked as her vision came back into focus. It seemed like he had the same prescription as her. The glasses had a squarer frame and possibly larger fram than hers and seemed to fit on her face better. Emma pulled her phone back out and looked at how they looked on her. She smiled and flashed a thumbs up to Preston. Emma really liked how she felt in his glasses, not only because she thought they looked better, but because it felt special to her. Since her glasses were such a secret to her, the fact that she had even showed him her glasses was totally different, and now that she was wearing someone else's was even more special to her. Emma looked at him. He looked like a totally different person without his glasses. It reminded her of a superhero, how he could put on glasses and be a new person. He looked less vulnerable, but more strict and intimidating. "I don't know if I've ever said this before in my life, but I think you look better with glasses than you do without." Emma smiled approvingly and then realized he may be offended by that. "That was meant to be a compliment, and I don't give those out very often." Emma smiled. Emma felt weird, like she had on his disguise now. "You know what? You're kind of like a superhero."

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/12/2013, 8:00 pm

Presley slipped Emma's glasses on and blinked until his vision became perfectly focused. "Woah, hey! We're the same prescription!" He told her excitedly, turning his head to find Emma already wearing his own glasses. They seemed to be a much perfect fit on her and he personally thought that it complimented her face very well. Thinking it was dumb to keep this inside, he thought out loud. "My glasses actually compliment your face very well. I think its the frame..or maybe I blessed it to make people look good." He soon regretted what he last said, thinking it was corny, but pushed it away. Maybe she would get a good laugh out of that. Presley only wanted to make her feel better than he had seen her before.

"I don't know if I've ever said this before in my life, but I think you look better with glasses than you do without."
    she had told him, and Presley replied with a wide smile. Yes! Someone finally agrees with him. It was becoming annoying to find people saying the exact opposite to him, and he loved that Emma wasn't like those people. "Oh man, I take that more than a compliment. I take that as a true and accurate fact." It was until Emma told him he was like a superhero that Presley looked at her dumbfounded. His mouth dropped, forming little 'o' and his brown eyes were widened. Blushing, he quickly fell out of his surprised stance. He's never really thought of himself as a superhero, especially during school. Not only did this make him feel cool, it also made him feel like he was actually a really good person. He knew that he wasn't a rebel or someone that is totally into breaking the rules, but he wasn't no angel either. Smiling again at Emma with a warm smile, he told her in a elated tone, "You seriously made my life, Emma Ryder. i've never thought of myself of a superhero...until now of course."

made by emilie
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/12/2013, 8:10 pm

Emma laughed when he said she made his life. "Well, you're welcome, but I should probably explain." Emma looked at the water, trying to order her words correctly. She didn't want him to think she was some kind of creep. "You look like a totally different person without your glasses. That was always my problem with Superman. How could people not tell it was him? But with you, I could see how that would work. The glasses you looks cute, sweet, and a bit vulnerable, but the non-glasses you is more tense, and stern, and intimidating." Emma hoped that that wasn't a bad way to put what she meant as a major compliment. She really liked the concept of superheros. The fact that one person could save so many people. Preston struck her as that kind of person. "You make me feel safe." Emma smiled at him encouragingly.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/12/2013, 10:31 pm

Presley listened to her and nodded as she continued to speak. Thoughts were rushing through his mind and his expression looked solemn and upset although he was perfectly fine. This was a tendency for him that he knew he had to stop doing. Whenever he was thinking, it looked as if he were confused, upset, or just plain worried, but he wasn't. It was a misleading flaw for him, but he couldn't help it. That's why he liked being alone a lot of times and drifted away from his group of friends when they were gathered together. He was always thinking..thinking thinking thinking..although this time he was absorbing Emma's words. Her words were clever, intelligent, and he never thought of the connection between them. This made him interested and he broke his solemn expression into a tight smile as soon as she was done. "I never really thought of that..although without my glasses I'm the totally opposite of tense and intimidating." He told her with a light laugh. "I guess I can be two different people, depending on if I wear my glasses then, right?" Presley has always been a fan of superheroes, even from a young age. Spiderman was his ultimate favorite, although he changed from time to time. Even though he owned more books than comic books, he still loved to read his favorite Marvel comics or DC comics during his free time.

"You make me feel safe." she heard him say, and Presley glanced at her with surprise. He did? Presley Callingham made this girl he just met feel safe? He felt mixed emotions, but he specifically felt that he was now obliged to keeping her safe and watching her back. The Son of Cratus, god of strength, most definitely did not look like your typical Cratus child, although he had the powers to be able to defend himself and others as well. "Well, just call me Clark Kent." He replied to her in a sincere tone with the shrug of a shoulders, his tight smile turning into a genuine one.

made by emilie
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/13/2013, 3:48 pm

flipping through pages (private) A82d3bdd-062d-4c18-a613-e52992965ed6_zps58bd0e05

Emma pulled her knees back up to her chin. "Don't think I won't, Clark." Emma was kind of worried by his facial expressions. He probably thought that she was some kind of psycho weirdo. Emma was afraid of most of the people at camp. Even though she was a daughter of Zelos, the god of rivalry and competition, she didn't really like confrontation. Everyone at camp was so tense and scary. They were stronger than her and bigger. Emma hadn't seen Preston standing but he was probably a half a foot taller than her 5'4'', if not more, but he didn't seem as scary as most people who were that much taller than her. She also didn't know anything else about him besides his name and that he wore glasses. Emma had never really cared about knowing much about people, especially. Back home, she kind of just made out with them after just meeting them. It caused a lot of drama and she didn't really make any sincere friends. She wanted things to be different here. She wanted people to care about her, not about her body. Preston seemed like a good first friend to make.

"So Clark," Emma joked, "I really don't know anything about you. That doesn't really make for good friends, does it?" Emma didn't really know if that was a bad way of putting things. Emma was always a good speaker, but in the short time she'd been talking to Preston, she kept thinking she was saying something wrong. Every one was more something then her. Preston seemed way more intelligent than her. Everything he said seemed to have more depth than anything she said.

Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/13/2013, 9:27 pm

Hearing Emma call Presley 'Clark' made Presley grin, and thought of it as a nickname stuck for him only to be called by Emma. He thought of it as some kind of a special connection between the two, although they had only conversed with each other for a short time. He wondered when Emma pulled up her knees close to her chest, if she were feeling vulnerable or something. Wanting to make her feel somewhat better, he sat right next to her and copied her movements, pulling his knees to his chest and leaning his on his knees. This was an uncomfortable position to be in, but Presley just wanted to get a smile out of her or something. "How about we get to know each other then?" He asked her in reply to her stating they didn't really know anything about each other, which was very much true. They really didn't know each other other than that they knew each others name and they both wear glasses. That was pretty much it.

"Here, we can do...20 questions or something." Presley turned his body so that he was facing her, though he was still sitting in the same position that she was in. "I'll start," He thought about a question for a moment before finally deciding on one and asking her, "Who's your god parent?" That was the common question around Camp, from what he speculated after a dozen of conversations with other demigods.

made by emilie

OOC: apologies for the short post :( homework is being a pain.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/14/2013, 3:59 pm

flipping through pages (private) A82d3bdd-062d-4c18-a613-e52992965ed6_zps58bd0e05

Emma really liked the whole Clark thing. It felt like an extra special connection. Even if he didn't seem like a hero to other people, he did to her. And in the whole Clark world, she was wearing his disguise. She wondered if she looked as different at he did with he glasses on. Emma looked up at him and laughed when she saw he was sitting just like her. She realized that she looked kind of silly, but she sat the same way anyway. She didn't feel unsafe like the position usually implied, but she felt unsure. She cared what he thought of her. "Here, we can do...20 questions or something." Emma perked up when Preston said this. She liked games, especially with people like Preston. Real people. Emma was used to making stuff up when people asked questions about her, but she was ready to try the whole honesty thing.

Emma rolled her eyes when he asked the typical camp question. She'd almost forgot that she was at camp. The question reminded her of how much she hated this place, but sitting here by the lake, all the parts she hated felt far away. Emma pushed Preston's glasses back into place on her nose. "I'm a daughter of Zelos, god of rivalry and competition." Emma braced herself for the confused look, the one she always gets when she tells somebody who her dad was. She agreed with them, though. It didn't seem to fit. Emma hated rivalry, but could handle some competition, as long as it was fair. Even to her, her dad sounded bad.

ooc: that's not short to me haha xD I'm still getting used to longer posts, in case you can't tell
    Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/14/2013, 8:45 pm

"Ahh Zelos.." Presley was very intelligent in the subject of Greek Mythology. It was one of his favorite things to read, since he found them so bizarre and outrageous. He felt the irony of his speculations after finding out that he himself was a demigod, and hasn't read much of Greek Mythology ever since. Why read it when you're pretty much living in the life style of it? He could see Emma staring at him, as if she were waiting for him to say something else. "I know who Zelos is. His siblings, your aunt and uncle, were Bia, Nike, and...ah..." He squinted his eyes in thought, drumming his fingers on the ground while trying to remember the name. "Ah! Kratos." He said victoriously, glad to have remembered the name. He would of looked dumb if his mind went blank. "I'm the son of Cratus." He told her lamely as if it were a joke, which he thought it was.

He considered his god parent status as a goof, and knew majority of people thought so as well. Presley looked the complete opposite of what a Cratus kid looked like. He dared not to hang out with his half-siblings, knowing that they would make fun of him or tease about how he leaned toward the nerdy side than the athletic, and jock side. It felt like high school all over again. Presley wasn't a lanky kid, but he always thought that he was. He had a nice built to where he had (almost) defined bicep muscles along with a toned abdomen. Of course, his clothing style, which currently consisted of a yellow polo v neck and a dark blue cardigan with skinny beige pants, definitely disguised this Son of Cratus as a kid who seemed as if he were to be the son of Athena.

Presley knew his Dad would be disappointed in him. He could just feel the god of strength looking down at him with shame, thinking it was some kind of an embarrassment to him. He knew he wouldn't be the only kid who felt like this, yet he hasn't met anyone who did.

made by emilie

OOC: xD well your posts are great! :3
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/15/2013, 5:07 pm

Emma smiled and nodded when Preston said his god parent. "Oh yeah... Cratus...." Emma pretended to know who that was. She didn't really know much about Greek Mythology, even though she had taken a semester of mythology her freshmen year. Emma could be considered really smart if she actually put the effort in. In school, she didn't try at all. She had totally accepted being being a D- student, as long as she graduated. Too her, less work was definitely better than doing work well. So when she came to camp and everyone knew so much more than her, she really regretted her study habits. She tried to think back to the few things she'd heard in Mythology. She vaguely remembered something about Cratus being something to do with strength or something, but Emma tossed that aside quite quickly. That didn't seem to fit Preston at all. Especially Clark Preston. After thinking for a few minutes, Emma just sighed and said, "I have no idea who that is." She laughed a little and put her face down with her forehead on her knees, a little embarrassed.

OOC: Thank you! And sorry it's short. School stress and an awful headache.
    Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/16/2013, 6:43 pm

Presley was relieved that she didn't know who Cratus was, but then he realized that she must be waiting for him to explain to her. With a sigh, he replied to her in a dull tone. "He's the god of...well...strengthandpower." he mumbled the last words quickly and inaudibly, his cheeks flushing a little red with embarrassment. He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for her reply that he knew he was going to expect. She would probably just stare at him, see if he was joking, then ask him again what he had just spoken. That was what the other kids would say and he heard it so many times that it just didn't seem to bother him anymore. The expected look on his face made him seem a bit annoyed or upset, but he was really just thinking again. He was thinking of what Emma was going to say and thought if he were just making a big deal out of it.

made by emilie

OOC: its fine! i know how teachers can be. sorry for this short post though, which is actually pretty short lmao, i don't have a muse for presley currently my brain is just half fried from school. i promise the next post will be better.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 5/18/2013, 3:39 pm

Emma was a little shocked when she realized that she had been right about Cratus. The initial shock was the shock of her being right about something. That didn't really happen that often. Once she was over that, she noticed that Preston looked upset. She guessed that he probably thought that she was laughing at him in her head, because on the surface, it didn't seem to fit. But she could see how it did. Emma didn't agree with that. She felt bad that he seemed upset, though. She tried to make it better. "Superman would so be a son of Cratus. It so works." Emma smiled a warm smile, with her hazel eyes sparkling behind his glasses. Emma felt he arms and face getting a little red from the son, but she didn't really care. She didn't really want to leave. She liked it here, alone, with Preston.

Emma decided to keep the game going then. "My turn! Where are you from?" Emma asked. She was excited to get to know Preston more. Emma tried to think about sometime that she had every really known anyone. Besides her best friend Emily back home, and her brother Miles, she couldn't come up with anyone. She felt a bit embarrassed about that.
    Adori
    Adori

Female

Post by Adori 5/19/2013, 10:11 am

"Superman would so be a son of Cratus. It so works." she told him and Presley grinned at this. Beforehand, Presley was twiddling his thumbs in thought of what she was going to react. Presley's back began to ache in the position that he was sitting in, which was mirroring Emma's, and decided to just let loose. He let go of his knees and stretched them out before hand as he arched his back into a stretch. "Oh god, that feels good." He thought out loud, which probably sounded really wrong in the tone that he has spoken in, but he didn't care. It was only Emma around him, anyway. Presley sat up straight and smiled at Emma. "y'know, I kinda feel that we feel the same about our god parents. Like...we don't fit in. I mean, in my opinion, you don't look like someone who would be a kid of Zelos. I've passed by many of those kids and they are just..." What was that word again? He didn't want to insult her origin, yet the only words he could think of were not so pleasant. "...They just seem rough. Like very competitive." Presley thought that he shouldn't be talking either. Cratus kids weren't all that either. They were one of those people that were obsessed with their bodies, and worked out daily, and kept all these protein bars with stashes of bodybuilding magazines called Flex. The covers of the magazines grossed Presley out full on, but he wouldn't dare say that to their faces. It was already enough that they all hated him, why should he suffer another threat?

"My turn! Where are you from?" Presley could see Emma's face light up as she spoke that, her tone filled with excitement. He couldn't help but laugh at this, thinking it was a great idea that he started this. "I'm from New York City, New York. Pretty common right?" He wished that he were born in some other place than New York City. It could be anywhere, but just not New York City. Bad memories, and (some) bad people. His origins haunted him for the most, and he didn't like to talk about it, but he decided to just think of the positives. After all, he didn't want to be a debbie-downer.

made by emilie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content