A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Alcove (PRIVATE)

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

The Alcove (PRIVATE) Empty The Alcove (PRIVATE)

Post by GwrachSeren 5/11/2013, 12:29 am

Vladimir Jones

Sometimes, you find yourself caught up in a wave. Right? Vlad found himself caught up. He was busy, busy, busy and he had no reason to be. Really, he was giving himself work to do but he never did it wholeheartedly. In fact, he didn't even really do them halfheartedly or even a quarterheartedly. The last time he truly got into something was a conversation in the library with a nice girl called Dawn. As far as he understood, she was a librarian there. He found her nice like a breath of fresh air. She certainly had a lot in common with Vlad when it came to reading material.

Vlad had received news about his sister returning to camp as soon as she got back in the country. She looked rough with cuts all over her normally flawless skin which until now reminded him very much of porcelain. Vlad had also winced at the sight of a long cut from the corner of Victoire's mouth to the corner of her eye. He wanted her home and he wanted her to never leave camp again. Which he knew was absurd and she would not stand for it. She was Victoire. She liked going out. He wondered how she'd try to hide her scar once that gash had healed. Knowing her, she'd pile on the makeup. Or find some sort of latex mask thing. Vlad's imagination ran away with him.

Today, he was thinking about this whilst walking alongside the lake. He had a canvas bag at his side and wore his orange Camp Half Blood t-shirt with khaki shorts and flip-flops. He walked along in the sunshine until he found a small alcove. He had only recently made this discovery last week and he found it a charming and delightful place where he could read in silence to his heart's content. He settled down in his favourite corner before opening his bag and taking out his latest read. It was a hard back novel of a book about a vampire boy. Or half-vampire. The word used was dhampir. It was interestingly written. The boy was the son of a monster hunter who trained him. Once his mother was killed, he was taken to a school for people like him. Vlad was still reading and was half way through the book.

After a good hour's worth of reading, he was near the end of the book. He placed a bookmark inside and shut it, stretching his arms and lazing in the sun. His eyes were closed and he lay there, completely at ease. The sun made him feel sleepy and tired. The soft buzz of life around him made him relax. He was completely at ease and drifting off to sleep. Just a lazy afternoon...

Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

The Alcove (PRIVATE) Empty Re: The Alcove (PRIVATE)

Post by Blaze 5/12/2013, 8:21 pm

Dawn Skyrando

Have you ever felt so intent on doing something that you basically block out everyone from you mind? Dawn was meditating on a rock, and she was only hearing the water rush back and forth from the banks back into the water. She hadn't meditated for a while, with everything going on. Finally, she had some time to do so. Oblivious had missed so many of his shifts, Achaylia and her had sometime off. She heard that Chay was chairperson of the Prom Committee. She also heard that her friend Nathan was also in the committee. She would have joined, but she thought she should take advantage of her time off and do something she loved -- meditating, apparently.

She had always been the quiet girl and didn't talk much. She rarely got into conversations. She recently had a conversation with a boy named Vlad. They talked about books, Achaylia and Oblivious, and a little bit about his sister, who was on a quest. The only reason she met Vlad was because he was looking for a book about British monarchy to help him with his welcome-back gift for Victoire. She had never been so open to someone before, not even Achaylia, who you could consider her "best friend." Achaylia was the closest thing to her best friend, as she didn't socialize much. The only other "friend" was Oblivious, who she also rarely saw. 

OOC: Sorry for the sucky post, but it was the best I could do.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 8:36 pm

Vladimir Jones

Of course, just as Vlad had settled into a nice nap, a noise sang from his bag in the form of a song. It was an alarm he had had built in the Hepheastus cabin. It was yelling the song 'Alright' by Sugargrass.

"We are young, we run free,
    Keep our teeth, nice and clean,
    See our friends, see the sights, feel alright,
    We wake up, we go out, smoke a fag,
    Put it out, see our friends,
    See the sights, feel alright,

Are we like you?
    I can't be sure,
    Of the scene, as she turns,
    We are strange in our worlds!"

At this point, Vlad was sat up with a murderous look in his eye. He grabbed the alarm, wincing at the sudden volume increase and shut it off. He sighed. He really had to get that fixed. It was the wrong day for that alarm to go off. Nonetheless, he stood up and stretched. He looked around and sighed peacefully as he took in the beautiful site.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/18/2013, 12:01 am

across the universe, to the library

Dawn opened one eye to see an alarm going off. It was singing something faint that she couldn't hear from the spot she was sitting in. She also saw a familiar figure lying down next to the alarm. Was it...Vlad? She couldn't be sure, and she certainly did not want to disturb his rest. That was unlike her. She was never interruptive to anyone, but some part of her wanted to talk to Vladimir. She stood up, and she walked over to Vlad. 

"Hi. How are you?" Dawn asked. "Sorry if I'm disturbing you. I'll leave if you want," She said. She then realized that the song was 'Alright' by Sugargrass. Achaylia had been humming the tune at one point. She personally didn't like Sugargrass, but that was just her. She didn't listen to music much, just some classical music. The only artist she liked was Kelly Clarkson, and that was just... Weird, I guess.
    TAG Dawn/Blaze WORDS 156 NOTES (N/A)

VITAMIN VERA @ SHINE
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/18/2013, 8:05 pm

Vladimir Jones

Vlad smiled. "Well. If it isn't Dawn. I was thinking about our time at the library. It was fun and amusing," he told her. He grinned and flicked his dark hair from his eyes. He needed a haircut. He decided to get one later. "Are you alright, love? I'm completely fine with you being here. You're a friend, right?"
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/20/2013, 7:41 pm

Dawn Skyrando

"Well, if it isn't Vlad. What brings you here? Coincidentally, I was also thinking about our meeting at the library a little bit," Dawn said. "I'm alright, Vlad. What about you?" He's letting you stay and talk to him. Don't mess up or else he'll hate you. "Y-y-yeah, I guess." She wasn't exactly sure how to thank him for considering her a friend.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/20/2013, 7:56 pm

Vladimir Jones

Vlad grinned. "Life. Avoiding this girl who thinks that just because I am single now, that they can seduce me or something nefarious. People here need to chill. Romance comes and goes and if you get struck by Cupid's Arrow, you're a lucky b@stard. That's how I see it. It seems like just because this prom is appraoching, there's been an influx in relationships ending and beginning. I've seen some freaky couples around lately..."

He shivered visibly. "Oh hey. Anyone asked you yet, Dawn?"
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/20/2013, 8:22 pm

Dawn Skyrando

"You've dated before? I've personally never got involved with love. All those heartbreaks, the drama, it just gives me a headache. I know there can be happy times, but I just see romance like it's a bad thing," Dawn told him. "And I'm pretty sure this is just because of Prom. Once this is over, there will be less couples to look at. Some are probably going with friends or someone," She shrugged. "I wouldn't want to go anyways. Prom would be crowded, and I prefer small, quiet places to hang out, such as Zephyros Creek."

"Also, it's Eros. Cupid is Roman," She corrected, trying not say it in a rude way or anything. "You do realize that this is only a couple of yards away from the actual lake and that anybody could see you, right? Especially that girl who's been chasing you around, trying to pop that question."
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/21/2013, 9:37 am

Vladimir Jones

"My last girlfriend disappeared. I kinda took it as a break up. She never came back. It's been about a year," he told her. "Aleera's brother and I clashed a lot... I have no time for people who care only for their looks and social status, anyway, so that girl has some bad news every time she does it. But not all romance is bad..."

He looked at her carefully. "You're a smart girl. I'm surprised no one's asked you. We could go if you like? Two friends making fun of the normalites? Not that you're not normal. I should shut up now before my hol e gets dug any deeper..."

Vlad's pale features filled with a blush.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/21/2013, 8:43 pm

Dawn Skyrando

"Oh..." Dawn trailed off, thinking about how she disappeared. "But what if she came back?" Break-ups are never official. You always get back together some time. At least, that's what she thought. She didn't know a thing about romance, so she couldn't be sure. "I-I guess we could go to Prom. As friends, though, right?"

"Is her brother still here?" Dawn asked him. She didn't like to butt into other's business, but somehow, Vlad's history intrigued her. The separated twins, his past love life, conflicts. Her life had never, ever been that lively. Books never really described what real life was like. There were relationships that were way over detailed and unreal, and some characters seemed to have zero personality.

While she loved the detail of some books, like Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia, the details never touched what real life was like. At all.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/21/2013, 8:59 pm

Vladimir Jones

"Wouldn't matter... Last time I saw her, she had no idea who I was..." Vlad said, looking a little saddened. "It was terrifying but it taught me some lessons... Her brother went with her to find her memories..."

He looked back to her. "Friends at the prom. Sounds a little cliche but its better than going with your cousin."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/22/2013, 7:35 pm

Dawn Skyrando

"Oh..." Dawn figured if his ex-girlfriend came back, she still wouldn't remember who Vlad was, because her brother had a dislike for him, so he probably wouldn't tell her about her past love life. Either way, forgotten love usually never has the spark that it used to have. "We could talk about something else if you want..." She suggested, noticing that he looked a bit sad after telling her.

"It does, but it's far better than going with a sibling, cousin, or some random person that you asked off the street," Dawn said.

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/23/2013, 12:43 am

Vladimir Jones

"We still had better watch out, though. Who knowswhat goes on in the minds of men," he grinned. He looked around at the scenary. It was indeed pretty. He found a tree was near by with cherry blossoms. He approached it before plucking a flower and giving it to Dawn. "For you, madame."

His mock-French accent sucked but it made him smile at himself nonethenless.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 5/27/2013, 8:09 pm

Dawn Skyrando

"Exactly why I stay away from socializing. You could get seriously hurt. Mentally or physically, depending on the type of person. I rarely stay to talk enough so that I know what they're like," Dawn said. The only people she got into a full conversation with was Achaylia and Vlad. Achaylia and her usually talked about how Oblivious was a doof and stuff. With Vlad, he always kept her interested in what he had to say.

Then, Vlad when to get a flower and gave it to her. She slightly blushed. "Thank you, kind sir," She said, with a better French accent.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/27/2013, 9:23 pm

OOC: Too tired and lazy for html right now.

Vlad smiled at her. "A gentle flower for a gentle lady," he grinned. Like his sister's, his grin was slightly unnerving to post. He tried to tone it down a tad. He rubbed the back of his head a little and grinned. "So... how did you get into the library business anyway? I mean, I get that you read a lot but... I heard Achaylia does it so her father won't turn her into a dolphin every time she messes up."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 6/1/2013, 11:35 pm

"Well, funny story," Dawn began. "I was walking along through the common area when I saw two people crowding each other and pushing at the library door, which was where I was going. I went up to them and asked why they were pushing each other. One said that she wanted to sign up first, as she thought first was the "leader." The other was also thinking the same thing. That was when I heard that they were holding up jobs for the library. While the other two were bickering, I wrote my name on the first spot and walked away," She said. "And the two were Oblivious and Achaylia, by the way."
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/1/2013, 11:54 pm

"Wow... I thought she hated authority figures. Hypocrite much..." Vlad said. He looked at Dawn. "Stay still..."

He warned her before moving forward and moving some hair from her eyes. "Sorry. It bothers me when people get hair in their face. I mean... I can't explain it."

He blushed and looked down at the ground.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 6/4/2013, 8:33 pm

Dawn blushed a bit as he moved a bit of her hair back to her ear. "It's okay. I mean, everyone has their own pet peeve once in a while," She said to Vlad, smiling a bit.

"It's not that she hates authority figures, she just hates being told what to do. They don't have to be an authority figure, she just hates being commanded," Dawn said.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/5/2013, 1:07 am

OOC: The Alcove (PRIVATE) Tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500
    YOU UNDERSTAND CHAYLIA! :') Sorry for my crappy post. I have little inspiration right now.

Vlad nodded. "I guess that makes sense... somehow. So... What are you thinking about wearing fot the prom? Colours would be useful here. I hear the prom is soon anyway."

Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 6/10/2013, 6:59 pm

"I suppose I could wear black. Or maybe even red," Dawn replied. "That reminds me, what's your favorite color?" She asked.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/11/2013, 7:08 pm

He grinned. "Red, actually. Ninety-five per cent of my shirts are red. Red, orange, purple of black. But red is my favourite by far."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 6/13/2013, 5:51 pm

"Red is my second favorite. Gray and black are tied for first. I know, gloomy. It's just kind of that loner, emo thing," Dawn said, shrugging.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/13/2013, 6:34 pm

"I know all about the emo vibe. Most of my siblings have it. It irks me, though. No one seems to realise that emo is not a label. It's a clothing style and musical genre. It is not a label for a person... It's like... No one understands stereotypes anymore. I also hate the so called fact that people who are labeled emo all cut themselves. Anyone can cut. They don't have to be emo," Vlad sighed.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 6/14/2013, 6:55 pm

Dawn looked at the time on her watch. "Oh! I have to go. Lost track of time. Thanks for the conversation though! See you at prom!" Dawn stood up and ran off, waving to Vlad as she went to the common area.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/14/2013, 7:11 pm

"See you later, Dawn," Vlad grinned as he left. He smiled to himself as he made his way toward the woods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 3:10 pm