A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Morning After

Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

The Morning After Empty The Morning After

Post by Zachary 6/21/2013, 3:22 pm

Roy wasn't too far from Thalia's tree (or so apparently it's called) before Roy entered camp, he had been sent the rules by Chiron, which told him not to have firearms inside of camp. Thus, he buried them close to a large pine tree. He had his weapons back from his KSK days. While he didn't normally use his gun on adventures or always carry it, sometimes a gun can be one of the useful things you can carry. Digging in the spot he left it, he uncovered the larger suit case, and out of it, pulled out his colt python, a .357 magnum revolver with a 6 inch barrel. He had usually carried 2 loads of celesital bronze bullets along with one round of the normal lead tip and copper body just in case, but due to the lack of preparation he only had his 2 rounds of celestial bronze. He placed it in his satchel.

Luckily enough, the suit case he had was enchanted, a special treat of Jacques. It used to be his, but he didn't have a use for it and gave it to Roy. It was enchanted so that it appeared to security as just basic clothes, that's it. Just a simple enchantment, really, but really effective if you were Roy. He would put his satchel in there once they reached the airport, but he never knew what or who he was going to meet outside the borders of camp. He Adjusted his belts, and he headed over to the bus stop, waiting for Irene to arrive.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

The Morning After Empty Re: The Morning After

Post by JosieWosie 6/21/2013, 11:02 pm

Irene jogged over to the bus stop, her boots leaving a trail along the sand, her arms occupied with the bouncing straps of the backpack; she knew the camp well enough after four years to know the shortcuts to where she wanted to go. After doing her third mental check of everything in her bag Irene felt confident with her choices and arrived to the bus stop barely on time.

"I'm sorry I cut it so close, I lost a few minutes leaving instructions for Gyzmo to a cabin mate. Let’s get going shall we?"

Irene glanced around quickly, found a nice seat on the bus and sat down. Letting out a deep sigh she took out a quick snack, she had forgotten to eat breakfast and felt a granola bar would have to suffice. The bus was rather quiet and full but empty at the same time, everyone was spaced out like they were all infected with something and they didn’t want any contact with anyone. Irene looked up at Roy and offered some snack to him, thankful that she had a companion.

Irene had almost forgotten he was her boyfriend now, he felt like a best friend. That she was attracted to. Unsure if she was supposed to lean on her significant other or just sit and awkwardly stare at him, Irene scooted over slightly and let her arm touch his and put her hand on her leg clearly and obviously visible and ready to be held, fully aware that the moment his hand would touch hers she would turn redder than a cherry. After a moment’s thought Irene suddenly became self-aware of what she was doing, it’s not like she blindly followed Roy’s orders but she had just realized what she had done.

There’s no going back now, might as well roll with it and get the answers I want.

“Do you want to tell me why we are going to Antarctica? I just packed my things and left camp with my boyfriend that I met less than a week ago to go to Antarctica, for an artifact I’m not sure exists or know the story of. Don’t get me wrong I’d do it over again if I could but I would like to know what I've gotten myself into, if you’d please.”

Irene was burning with curiosity; she doubted that she actually lacked the knowledge of “the story of” whatever artifact we were going to retrieve but her pride meant more to her than risking being wrong. Irene got comfortable feeling it would be a lengthy explanation of what we were going to do, maybe some rules thrown in, and a brief summary of the itinerary for the day. She very much wanted to throw off her boots and curl her toes and let them rub on the matting of the empty seat next to her but that would be weird in public, and she didn't want to embarrass Roy on their first adventure together.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/22/2013, 11:12 am

"Not Antartica, sweetheart. Sweden," Roy smiled and said after gazing out the window, deep in thought. Upon seeing Irene, he denied the snack she offered, but placed his fingers in between her receptive hand, smiling a bit more. With his other hand, he put it inside his satchel and pulled out the letter from Jacques.

"Notice the stamp. Hermod. Norse messenger god." He told her. He took out the letter itself.

"Dear Roy," Roy read to Irene.

"It's me, Jacques. I need you to come to my house when you can. It's urgent. I'll explain it all later, I don't want to get too in depth with this letter. I'm not sure how crowded your place is, or where you sleep, but I'd rather not risk a thief get the idea of stealing a priceless artifact. I'll see you when I see you, Roy. Your friend, Jacques Gunnarsson," Roy finished, and then put the letter in its envelope and into his stachel.

"I met Jacques during my travels as a boy. He's around my age, and similar to us is -- er -- special." Roy looked around to make sure no one was snooping on the conversation.

"Son of Njörðr, or Njord, god of seas and wind and riches. Like his god suggests, he's a richer one, and a lovely sailor, if I do say so myself. I met him when I was in Athens back as a kid. We wrote to each other, and when I ditched middle school essentially, I met with him at some point in Germany, in one of his parents' many mansions. Which reminds me -- you'll be spending time at his house, so you don't have to worry about bunking in some run down hotel. He has some very happy servants. Anyway -- him and I shared an adventure or two together. Remember the emerald trident? He helped me find the location. Which is why when he says 'this is urgent', I know he's found something good, not just some random artifact. One thing I do warn to you about Sweden and the Baltic region is the trolls. Don't fight them. They don't fight unless you provoke them. Learned that the hard way -- but generally speaking, they're good manipulators of the mist, and in most cases, go through every day life like the most. There are a couple of outliers who kill a victim and take control of their life, but those are few and far in between. In any case, the flight to his house in Sundsvall will take a good chuck of our day. It'll be very late by the time we reach Jacques's, who'll have a taxi ready for us (already paid for) when we reach the airport. He's a very well mannered man, you don't have to worry about him. You'll probably be knocked out tired by then, I'll bring you to one of his many guest rooms. He and I will talk over what the plan is, get a good sleep, and the next day we'll be off to places I have no clue about. Just whatever you do, do not be rude or anything in any way. He doesn't know anything about you, so he might flip out if you embarrass him. Don't touch anything in his house either. He doesn't like that. But other than that, feel free to make yourself at home. As for the actual adventure, don't do anything unless I tell you. A good friend of mine was impaled through the chest with a spear because she didn't listen when I said don't move, that poor sunuva gun." Roy shook his head, saddened at the thought.

"That should be it, though. Other than that, enjoy yourself. Not many get to have experiences like the one you're going to have." He said, then went back to looking out the window.

Last edited by Zachary on 6/22/2013, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/22/2013, 1:09 pm

Irene sat quietly, absorbing the tone, and the content of Roy's word. She found it rather funny that he was the one to be lead. Not that Irene played follower all the time but she always had her own plan, very detailed plans at that. It was a little hard for Irene to grasp the concept of not being in charge of what was going on. She pressed her lips slightly and moved her nose side to side along with her mouth, her dad always said she looked like a rabbit when she was having a hard time, or confused.

That's fine, understandable. I just hope this Jacques character is one of those "no shoes in the house" people. I love those house rules.

Irene had never been ultra-rich, but she was educated in mannerisms, and had studied vicariously in school; her best friend was having trouble adapting to her father’s newly gained riches so Irene, studied multiple cultures, not all of them, who has the time for that?, but a healthy amount to assist her.

"Roy, if it’s OK with your friend, I would like to take part in the conversation, you brought me along and I have a right to know what the plan is, I want to help not be a bystander."

Irene looked seriously into Roy’s eyes; well, as much as she could between the bumps of the bus at least.  She twirled her fingers around trying to keep herself occupied; it was hard for most demigods to be on long bus rides and have to sit still for to many hours straight. She looked up at Roy once more and was a little excited for a little fun, although she was wary of the difference of fun and blind danger.  Irene hated leaving camp; it wasn't safe at all for people like Roy and herself.

She’d been attacked, put friends in danger, family in danger; she had her fair share of “fun” just like most of the kids in this camp. Looking outside, Irene could see the tree’s rushing past, right next to the bus one second, far behind the next. She wondered what Sweden was like, she read books, saw movies, but she was sure it couldn't compare to actually seeing.

I wonder if it’s just a flatter version of the French Alps.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/22/2013, 11:28 pm

Roy thought it was very cute when Irene wiggled her nose from side to side, and with slightly pursed lips, deep in thought or something. He smiled wider at Irene, listening to her.

"Perhaps. He doesn't trust very easily. He's had a lot of people betray him, like some of the people and guides we hire to help us out. Sometimes they try and steal the treasures for themselves, and sometimes they even succeed. Even if I tell him I trust you with everything I've got, he might not. He might even not allow me to tell you certain things, may not let you tag along at some points, or may not even let you come with. I am his best friend, or at least pretty damn close. I can sway his mind. Like the ocean he can be very stubborn, but also like the winds he can change to and fro. You just have to know when to catch him on a good side." He told Irene. He knew he could convince Jacques to let her come. He's just been more particular who he trusts now after the last incident.

It was a girl he really liked. Her name was Arin. She had some of the most beautiful blonde hair a person could imagine: long and almost shinning at all moments. She had very icy blue eyes. Roy would have even attempted to court her if he didn't know she was in Jacques's eyes. But then she betrayed Roy and Jacques, not by only taking a fragment of Odin's sword, but she destroyed Jacques heart. Roy didn't have the courage to go after her after she ran off from the cave. Jacques had the face of pure sorrow. After that, Roy had a hard time of convincing him to hire anyone or bring in anyone else. He even denied to help Roy look for a rune tablet with him, because it required someone who knew all the different ages of runic. It was sad because Jacques always had a similar spark to Roy with the wanting of adventure. It would have taken a lot to make Roy deny even just one adventure. He could have only imagined what he had to go through to be so down to deny that.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/23/2013, 12:09 am

Irene listened intently, she understood, she wasn't an outcast, she had many friends and her name had gotten around in France and Spain for being so helpful. She was raised by two scholars, a nurse and a vet; she knew how to behave from years of conferences, exhibits, important parties with important people. Irene knew how to play the part if not become the part, although something always feels off at the end of the night after a party, as if she hadn't been herself but she tended to get over it after a while.

She nodded at Roy in understanding and leaned her head on his shoulder, looking outside of the opposing window, Irene saw buildings flash past and the roofs of compact cars get ahead. Keeping an eye on her backpack it wasn't long before they reached the airport. Roy said they had some time to spare before the plane came in; she took advantage of that time to go to the bathroom and freshen up before the plane. It’s a long ride to Sweden from New York, a full 8 hours. That would mean we would get to Sweden around 1 or 2 am counting the time difference.

“Roy, I’m getting a quick snack get in line for boarding will you?” Irene scurried quickly to the closest store and bought a sandwich and a nice bracelet she found, it was cute, a black and blue alternating color. It was one of those parachute cord bracelets that extended into a useful cord, doubting she would need it for anything other than cute looks Irene used it as an anklet; she couldn’t stand bracelets sometimes but anklets were fine.
    Catching up with Roy, Irene took a moment to glance down at her passport, it was Spanish, with the flag of her beloved Spain on the inner flap of the cover, she hated her picture, she looked so dorky with her glasses, she very much preferred to wear contacts.

Speaking of glasses, I should probably double check if I brought them. Irene shuffled in her purse- grateful that the airports allowed one carry on, one personal purse, and a laptop case- for her glasses case, satisfied when she found it she took her backpack by the straps and joined Roy as he scanned his boarding pass.

Sitting down in their seats Irene took comfort knowing Roy was there for her, she loved flights, something about being in the air closer to the sun than she would be on the earth made her feel better.

“Roy I have yet to thank you for letting me join you on a trip. I’m actually quite grateful you invited me.” Irene smiled earnestly and burrowed her head on Roy’s shoulder until she was comfortable with her position and asking Roy if he was comfortable as well. “It’s going to be a long flight.”
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/27/2013, 9:43 pm

Roy sauntered onto the plane, taking the seats the ticket told him to, next to Irene, and looking out the window. He smiled at her and nodded.

"Yeah, I know -- and not a problem. Anything for you," Roy chuckled, leaning back in his chair, trying to find a good position for a nap. He wasn't exactly tried, but to find it for later was nice. That, plus it was a good place to relax and lounge.

The plane started to move, and before Roy knew it, its wheels left the ground and being brought back into the flying vehicle.

The eight hours didn't pass quickly. In fact, it felt longer than it was. Roy had took a short nap, and when we woke they were still passing the Atlantic ocean. He rolled his eyes at the sight of all the waves; there was not a single piece of land in sight. It was rather beautiful, but when you wake up from a nap you thought was pretty long and look out to see that not much time had passed, it was kind of annoying.

Finally, after what seemed a good twelve hours, the plane reached Sweden, and was beginning to descend. The plane landed with a bit of a screech, and soon enough, Roy grabbed his suit case and left the plane with Irene. The place was crowded, even at this time of day. Roy spoke Swedish, but assumed Irene could not; he felt somewhat bad for the gibberish reaching her ears and not knowing what people were saying. They didn't pack too heavily, so Irene and Roy didn't need to go to the luggage line. There was a Swedish man who wore a dress blue outfit with a blue cab driver hat with a black bill to match his black tie, along with a heavy blue jacket, with a sign saying 'Roy Clark' on it, so he walked over to the man. The temperature inside was pretty cold, so Roy had closed his Hughes jacket.

"Det är hennes och jag," Roy spoke to the man. He nodded and gestured for them to follow. The automatic doors to the outside open, and they were greeted to the moonlit snow of Sweden, and the below freezing temperatures that were associated with the night. Roy had put an arm around Irene to give her warmth. Luckily the cab was close by, so the two went in.

"So, how are you liking Sweden?" He asked Irene, smiling to her, letting off a soft laugh. She looked to be cold.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/27/2013, 10:45 pm

Irene was in the middle seat, the woman next to her was fast asleep, and with good reason, an 8 hour flight is more than enough to get well rested. However, Irene had slept rather well the night before and it took her a good hour and a half to actually take a nap. When she awoke it had only been 4 hours, they still had a lengthy way to go. She looked over to Roy, he was napping peacefully in his seat next to the window, past him was the shimmer of water; unsatisfied at how far they had gotten, Irene pulled out a Spanish to Swedish dictionary.

As intelligent as Irene was she only learned three phrases in the time she studied; "Where is the bathroom" "I would like tea with that" and "You need to stop." She figured that was enough to get by. A half hour of turbulence, which Roy slept clean through during his small nap, and a few more hours of just reading and small talk later, they arrived in Sweden. It was around 1 in the morning by the time they had both gotten their bearings and walked out. Irene was more than glad to stretch out her legs, it was hard for her to stay seated for such a long time, most demigods would have just given up and run down the aisles after a few hours, but she kept herself busy reading.

After a moment in the airport Irene saw Roy walk towards a man in blue Irene chuckled to herself and couldn’t stop referencing the man as Blue Boy in reference to Gainsborough's “The Blue Boy”. She kept her posture politely and reserved her comments for her inner thoughts. Roy spoke what Irene could only assume was Swedish, after half an hour at the airport, Irene gave up on learning Swedish,  it was like someone had let the VCR rewind with the audio on. She did however learn a fourth and final phrase, although she wasn't sure it was an appropriate considering the context was a female speaking angrily at her significant other.  Irene smiled and nodded to the man and walked out with Roy, keeping a close eye on her surroundings.  The moment the door opened Irene wanted to turn around and go back home, it was ridiculous, far colder than the Alps. She was grateful for Roy’s warmth and seriously appreciated Roy allowing her to enter the cab first.

After a moment of silence in the cab Irene turned to Roy and smiled as she straightened her clothes. She looked past him and saw the pit of the city as they started to leave the airport area; wondering if the house was in the city or in the country side as the time rolled forward. “Roy do you know how far our location is? Or how long it may take to arrive?” Irene scooted closer to Roy, enjoying his heat for as long as she could, until she adapted to her surroundings, she didn’t want to complain and kept her shivers to herself.  Her face would give it away for her anyway; her cheeks were flushed red, her nose blushed as well, and she somehow managed to mess her bun up in flight leaving the sides of her face flustered with lost locks. Irene bit her lip slightly and felt them still soft, and let a sigh in relief; Thank the gods. She was always self-conscious about her lips, this was because in the Alps Irene always managed to get chapped lips, this time she had a new best friend with her; lip balm.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/28/2013, 4:28 pm

"Right around ten minutes," Roy told Irene, as he looked outside to the beautiful city. Even just lit by the moonlight, the lights in all the buildings were still on, but it had a certain feel to it that let you know that it wasn't New York, Chicago, Orlando, Hong Kong, or any other city. A certain feel that made it unique in all aspects, even though in all reality, it was just a city. Roy wrapped an arm around Irene again, smiling and closing his eyes.

The drive was around ten minutes. It was a rural area on a cliff near the ocean. A small path led safely down the cliff to the ocean, and it looked to be used often (and as Roy knew, it was). There was a mansion three stories high, and was very large. It had a very classy look to it, with white stone pillars that held up part of the house, overlooking the ocean, being the porch of the first floor, and five feet into it had two luxurious glass doors, the houses light shinning through them. Along with this was the basic design of the house, being painted a light blue green that matched the ocean it was next to, wide expensive windows and walls that stood very straight, almost like the house itself had a posture of a regal man. A man and a woman from inside the house came to the cab which was parked in the driveway, next to an open hood light-grey Bentley and an old, yet new model of a 1930's car, being well taken care of.

The girl headed to Roy's door while the man headed to Irene's door. Both had darker blonde hair with blue eyes, and were very attractive in their own right, looking to be in their very early twenties, maybe even eighteen or nineteen. Roy knew that Jacques had water spirits as servants the girl being a Neck and the man being a Nack. Both usually lured in fisherman and the like into lakes and drowning them, but Jacques made sure they didn't do such things to his guests. With a small nod, the cab driver left as Roy and Irene were brought in the house.

Inside was what you would imagine any rich and elegant man owning. There were large book cases, stone statues, large couches, tables that cost more than the average man's life, a spiral staircase heading up the house, an overly large kitchen, among various other things. The floor space was large, and the house generally had an open feeling to it.

"Ett ögonblick," The girl said to the two as they were left inside at the door. The man headed to another room as the woman headed up the stairs. There was some mumbling and an excited exclamation, as down from the stairs came Jacques Gunnarsson. His hair was jet black and medium length, put back in a small ponytail which let his bangs come out. He was a very handsome man, and wore navy pants and a navy vest, and wore a turquoise shirt and a black cravat that matched his hair.

Roy smiled and walked up to him, his arms open. They spoke many greetings in Swedish and hugged and laughed together, being friends who haven't seen each other in a while. They made some small talk and then Jacques looked around and looked at Irene.

"Hello, what have we here?" He said in English. He didn't speak many languages like Roy, but did speak a few. English was pretty easy for him, though he did have an understandable Swedish accent.

"Welcome, I'm Jacques Gunnarsson, owner of this house. And who might you be?" He asked her, very suave-like.

"My girlfriend Irene Ortega, Jacques." Roy shook his head as he gave his friend a 'don't you even think about it' look. Jacques raised his hands.

"My bad, my bad," He said and smiled. "My welcome still stands, my lady," He told to Irene. "Feel free to make yourself at home, Irene. My friend Roy already knows this," He chuckled, looking at Roy. Roy was leaning on a wall.

"Sit down, sit down, the both of you," He told Roy and Irene. Roy smiled and did so on a small seat next to the large collection of books. Jacques seemed to be in a very good mood.

"May I get you something to drink, Roy? Perhaps some champagne to celebrate your fair delivery?" He said, heading over to a cupboard with old and expensive fine alcoholic beverages, and pulled out a champagne bottle.

"Just a glass, thanks," Roy spoke. He was rather intolerant to alcohol, but could afford a glass.

"And how of you, Irene? Would you like something to drink?" Jacuqes asked Irene, a wide smile on his face.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/28/2013, 6:23 pm

Upon arrival to the house, nay, mansion, Irene was taken back. She had stayed in some very wealthy places before with her parents on various occasions due to their work however none of them, even combined, could match the aura of this home. Irene pondered to herself whatever would someone do with all those rooms. The house was three stories and enormous, most houses you just look at with once glace, with this mansion Irene had to move her head every which way to grasp it's size.  

The man who opened the door for her was handsome, although she felt a slight wave of caution from his eyes, she smiled politely and nodded, she didn’t want to speak in the case he only spoke Swedish. She held on to her back pack tightly until they entered through the doors, they were massive and clearly very expensive. Upon entering Irene took note of every window and every door, there were at least five doors, and  a handful of large mirrors, not to mention a large chandelier on the ceiling, probably the most elegant and largest she has ever seen.

Content with her findings, Irene looked up to see Roy speaking to a man about his age maybe a year or two older. He was handsome and Irene liked the sound of his voice regardless of how she understood nothing of what he was saying. After a few moments of exploring mentally the man came over to her and greeted her warmly. Irene couldn’t help but blush at the quick change of pace and greeted Jacques warmly as well.  She blushed harder when Roy told Jacques that she was his girlfriend, it felt nice to have a title of such stature.

“Yes, I’m Irene, thank you for allowing me into your home, it’s quite beautiful.”
    Irene curtsied slightly in respect for his graciousness, absolutely thrilled to not have to stay in a rundown motel, not that she couldn’t have handled it but this mansion was far more preferable. Somehow they had managed to move from the foyer  at the front of the mansion to a different living room with a beautiful array of books and literature, some cabinets that seemed ancient but well preserved and Roy had taken a seat in what can only be an expensive leather seat right next to one of the many cases of books.

I wonder if he has read all of these books or just has them here for reference, he doesn’t seem like the Gatsby type, his books are clearly real and couldn’t be disrespected by checking if they were hollow.

Irene heard her name be called and saw Jacques hold a bottle of champagne, Taittinger Prime Champagne 1999 more than likely, to be more accurate, her father, being a stereotypical Spaniard had taught Irene to hold her liquor down and grew up with Spaniard parties when he wasn’t working. Irene could hold down liquor like a tank, she preferred not to drink, mostly because at camp she couldn’t and in most countries there was an age minimum, she hoped Sweden wasn’t 21 like in America and graciously accepted a glass. Holding the cup with a sparkle in her eyes Irene was glad to have fine champagne, she had a thing for the finer liquors and knew enough to hold a deep conversation for an hour but no more, not like her father, he could go on and on for days on end.

“Thank you, this is very fine champagne.” Irene didn’t want her new host to think she was an alcoholic, however she knew if anything she now had a drinking friend to talk with. Jacques was very kind and welcoming and made Irene almost forget about the reason they had come in the first place, though she knew better than to talk business on the first day of arrival. As the moments passed, somehow Irene found her glass never empty even if she didn’t say a word about more ‘core, She turned to Roy gladly as she was sitting in a seat adjacent to his and in front of Jacques.

“Please, Jacques, enlighten me about some of your story, you must have many a tales, I feel rude not knowing the man who is allowing me to-” Irene realized she did not know the English translation for a Spanish word that meant something along the lines of staying graciously in someone else’s home and quickly scrambled her brain for a different word in English that would fit seamlessly in her sentence and leave only a seconds worth of a pause. “- sojourn in his home.”
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/28/2013, 7:23 pm

"Ah, thank you, thank you," Jacques bowed gently as he poured a glass to Irene. He walked over to her, gave it to the lady, poured himself a glass, and drank a sip of his own. He then put away the champagne, and walked over to the room where Irene and Roy were, not sitting, but standing. He examined Irene somewhat coolly when she asked him of some of his stories.

"You will know me in due time, but for now just know I am the son of Njörðr." He told her with a light smile on his face, swirling his drink in thought. He then turned to the both of them in general.

"My necks and nacks -- saying that never gets old -- have prepared you a room, Roy, but I did not know Irene would be staying. I'll have one fix a room next to Roy's. Avlar!" He called, as the same nack who opened the door for Irene came through a door. Jacques murmured something to him, and Avlar nodded, then headed up stairs.

"I assume that you came due to my letter, no?" Jacques stated.

Roy nodded, and after a sip of his drink, said "Yes, that is why we came." Jacques bit his cheek and looked up in thought, as if arguing with himself.

"Well, yes..." He muttered to himself, then looked at the two. "It'd be better to discuss matters tomorrow. We have some discussing to tend to. For now, though, you, Irene, should head to your room. I need to talk a bit to Roy alone. Besides, all Avlar would need to do is look to make sure the room is tidy shouldn't take him too long -- Ah, right on cue." He said, as Avlar came downstairs and nodded. Jacques gave him a thumbs up and Avlar headed back to his room where he came.

"At least if that's alright with you, my dear." He told Irene. Roy looked at Irene and nodded and winked at her.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/28/2013, 8:17 pm

Irene watched as Jacques put away his bottle of pristine champagne, she was a little glad he did so because she felt the effects rather quickly, though she didn’t lose herself in the slightest she did feel hazy.
    Making her processes move slowly.

Son of Njörðr: Wealth- that explains a lot, seas- explains location… ummm something else... I’ll think of it later tonight.

Irene smiled graciously, she remembered Roy telling her about Jacques distrust and accepted the fact she would not listen to this conversation, instead she turned to the nack and thanked him, staying at least a few feet away at his side as he escorted Irene to her room. Although not before she said her proper good nights and thank you’s to her company.

“I can accept that, good night Roy, have a wonderful sleep, and good night Jacques, thank you once again and sleep well.”

Walking up the stairs Irene made note of every step and door, window and hallway she could find in the event of an emergency, it was out of habit really. She kept an eye out on Avlar, he was actually quite handsome as well. She thanked him at the end of the hall when she found what she could only assume was her room, open door, made bed, and Roy’s room was next to hers on the left. Avlar looked at Irene and Irene thanked him thinking that he would report back to Jacques that she was delivered to her room.

Instead Avlar looked at Irene for a moment more and said something in a language foreign to Irene before kissing her on the cheek , bowing and leaving to the room right in front of hers. Stunned, Irene closed the door and stood for a moment contemplating what just happened. She could hardly remember the phonetics of what Avlar had said, she could only make out the words “Like”, “My”, and “Room” and was sure to get it wrong if she tried to recreate it to Roy when she told him.

Irene sat on her bed and realized what a beautiful room she was in, She peered outside the window next to the bed and saw a clear view of the ocean, she wondered if Jacques saw that every night. The walls were painted a seafoam color and the bed had beautiful and expensive sheets that matched the floors were soft and cool to the touch the moment Irene took off her shoes. She set her personals down and donned some sleeping clothes, a simple red sleeping dress her mother had given her, it was sleek silk and had red frills at the hem, the dress flowed down to just above her knees and the thin straps wrapped around her shoulders gently. The sleeping dress had the same lace from the bottom trailing along her chest following the outline of the top portion of a bra. She walked to the door and peeked it open for a moment to see if Roy was coming back in vain and let the door ajar.

Probably still chatting, I’ll wait for tomorrow.

Irene let her hair down and slid into bed she decided to wake up just before sunrise to watch it from her view. Times like these made Irene glad she was a daughter of Apollo and very rarely needed a clock let alone an alarm. Irene pondered what they could have been talking about for so long and tried to go to sleep, shuffling in the bed and pacing around looking at the books in the shelf, wondering if every room had the same books or if each room held different surprises. She managed to read half a book by Jules Verne, her favorite author, it was an unpublished book one she had never read before and had been astonished Jacques had a copy of. Not long after that, Irene dozed off with the book in hand and the sounds of waves crashing at her side.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/29/2013, 1:02 am

As soon as Irene went up the spiral staircase, Jacques looked at Roy, still with a conflicting look in his sea green eyes. Roy had hoped with his friend's cheerful mood he wouldn't need to talk about this, but he was ready to persuade him to bring Irene along.

"I also assume you want to bring Irene along?" Jacques asked. Roy nodded, and Jacques looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry, Roy, you know how I've been with this." Jacques said, shifting his lips to the left of his mouth.

"This time it's different. I know her personally. I've known her for about a week, Jacques. It's not like we're brining in a guide without knowing anything about them," Roy told his friend, standing up with him. Jacques gave him a sad look.

"Would you trust this girl?"

"Yes, of course, I am dating her after all."

"Roy, c' mom, how well can you actually know a girl by only knowing her for a week?"

"Enough to know whether or not she's trustworthy."

"A week alone can be very deceiving. How do you know she's not tricking you?"

"She wouldn't have any reason to even trick me to begin with. Not at least until the third day, when I told her of our Hippopodes trip."

"And what was she like before?"

"I can't judge her on that. We both fancied each other right off the bat. We both were on our top performances."

"I need to know, Roy. I can't just bring any old person along with us."

"We fought a manticore together. A huge one."

"And?"

"While I'm not saying she was good or not, she did fight with me. She didn't run away like most would. That manticore was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot."

Jacques pondered for a moment, the said "She risked her life for you?"

"That's what I'm saying, yeah."

"And you're absolutely sure that--"

"I'm sure, Jacques. I know enough about her to say she won't backstab us. Trust me," Roy said, having the utmost sincerity in his voice when he said the last two words. Jacques crossed his arms, then let them go. He went back to the champagne bottle, finished his glass, refilled it, and then took a nice gulp from his glass, and put the bottle away.

"We can bring her with, but one misstep from her, one minor err and--"

"I promise she'll do her best, Jacques, I promise."

"To the adventure, then, he said, walking over to where Roy stood and raised his glass. The both clinked glasses, and downed the beverage. Jaques took Roy's glass.

"We can talk about what I have planned tomorrow. There's a good amount."

"Not a problem. My room the same place?"

"Yes, same place."

"Thank you," Roy said, bowing to his friend as he headed upstairs. He smiled widely. Irene would be able to come along!

He opened his room's door to see his things there on the dresser, and the exquisite bed all fixed up. He headed over to Irene's room to find her asleep. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Good night," he said gently, then mischievously smirked as he went to his own room.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/29/2013, 1:27 pm

Irene woke up to a whisper of a kiss and smiled fondly. She was dying for a proper shower until she smelled something wonderful radiating from outside her room. Looking at the door Irene blushed, she remembered how wonderful last night was with Roy, who couldn't help but blush at the thought of being the girlfriend of such a wonderful man?

Irene rushed to the window of her room and let her legs hang over the still, the sun was just rising and Irene said a small prayer for her father and thanked the fates for Roy. The sun rose beautifully and Irene watched the water frolic with the rays that poked the surface. A small bit of stone fell on her shoulder from above her and Irene looked up to the floor above her just in time to see a figure retreat into a balcony. Wondering if it was a servant who was lucky enough to get a view as nice as this or, if it was Jacques himself Irene wondered if they ever got bored of seeing the sun rise every day and set every evening.

Irene would never bore of such a natural and beautiful spectacle, then again her father is Apollo and most of his children were like her in that aspect. Still in her night gown she took a brush from her bag and brushed her hair a bit, she never liked letting it down though she couldn’t stand sleeping with it up. Before she managed to grab a hair tie and pull it up into her normal bun Irene turned to her door and took in a deep breath.

What is that smell? It smells so good like breakfast, I should shower first, but I’m really hungry.

After a short series of debate Irene found herself walking out her door to investigate who was making that aroma. For a brief moment Irene was lost in the mansion, she had taken note of the hallways but she never realized just how many there were that she had missed. After stumbling though empty halls and quiet libraries Irene finally found herself at the corner of what could only be a kitchen, it was enormous.

The kitchen was about as big as the Apollo Cabin, elaborate and filled with all the toys a chef could ever need. Pots and pans hung over the island counter, a bar to her left, an entire closet just for spices, and a bed sized meat storage container twice as large as the ones she saw volunteering at a food bank once. Everything in the room was matched, organized and clearly used at one point.

At least everything is used; he doesn’t waste money on things he won’t use.

Irene looked around for the unknown chef, wondering if Jacques had a servant cook everything that was in front of her. The stoves were filled with pots that were boiling and working though food.  The counter was filled with small trays of fruits and yogurt. Irene looked around and saw bread rolls in the oven for toasting. Perplexed as to just how many people this banquet was intended on feeding Irene wanted to look down the immediate hallways for a dining room but was afraid she would get lost again. She felt it a better idea to walk back to her room and wait to be needed or wanted.

Thinking of what Roy was doing, if he was even up this early, Irene smiled once more at last night. She started to think about the people who worked in the mansion and what their schedule was; then pondered what Jacques was doing, and if he was who she saw on the third floor balcony above her as she turned around the corner. Instantly, she bumped hard into someone and was pushed backwards surly to fall right on her bottom and hit the back of her head on the hard floor. Just before she fell that same moment she slammed her eyes and braced for the floor when she felt an arm wrap around her back and stand her back up midair. Astounded at the reflexes of her savior, Irene opened her eyes and mouth to apologize and then thank them.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/30/2013, 12:10 am

"...and we went to prom together, you see, and I asked her out after she asked me if we could go on an adventure together. I said 'You want to go on an adventure? How about we go on one right now? Will you go out with me?' or something like that. It was pretty good. The next day I woke up and saw the letter you sent from Hermod."

"Ah, that's nice. I haven't seen anyone since...well, you know. I don't know. Not sure if I should try or just...I don't know, not do anything."

"You don't even have to try. Just let yourself be open, you know?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just not sure about the whole relationship thing in general."

"You know I'm always here for you, Jacques."

"It means a lot, Roy." There was a pause between the two. "I think breakfast is ready now. I would have made it myself but while I may be a good cook, I'm certainly not as good as some of my personal water spirits. Come, let's go get Irene."

"You head downstairs, I got her." Roy smiled. The balcony the came with Jacques room was absolutely gorgeous. It over looked the vast sea, the sun rise and everything. Jacques woke up every morning to watch the sunrise, and he always somehow was never tired to watch it. There was a wind blowing in Roy's somewhat damp hair from a shower, drying it more. Roy had quite a night, and was very well rested. He turned around and unknowingly sent a small pebble hurtling towards the ground and onto Irene's shoulder.

The room of Jacques was rather large as you expected it to be. His king sized poster bed with silk sheets was in the center of the left wall, and on either end of the bed were nearly silent fountains, a lion head coming out of the wall, pouring water to a small, see through floor that had a rainbow of different fishes. While most of the floor was made out of expensive mahogany (the default wood for the house) there was a road that the see through glass that contained the fish to the room's doors. There were more books shelved on either end of the fountains, and large dressers and one big mirror. Off to the right there was a closet that contained the vast amounts of all Jacques's clothing. The ceiling had a small chandelier, which was off now, but it lit up the room very nicely when it was needed.

The room was on the third floor, and Roy had to go downstairs, where Jacques had just gone. Going down the spiral staircase that connected the floors in the house, he headed to the second floor, but at a quick glance seen Irene's room was open and empty. He then went to the bottom floor. He didn't see Irene there at first glance, so he decided to head to the hallways and look for her, and after a turn to the right was knocked hard into Irene. She was about to fall, but Roy wouldn't let gravity take his girl, and quickly wrapped his arm around her back and caught her in her fall.

"You all right there? Sorry, didn't mean to knock the wind out of you." He chuckled. Seeing Irene about to form the words 'I'm sorry' or something of the like, he took advantage of his position holding her by his arm around her back and kissed her.

"Come on, let's go get breakfast."

Roy guided Irene through the halls and went into the kitchen, where Jacques was helping himself to a quick danish before Irene and Roy came.

"Ah, there you are. Sit down," He said, showing them towards the large table that seemed to have thrones for chairs. Jacques took the end seat, showing himself being the host, while Roy took the seat to the right of him, and Roy sat Irene down to the chair next to him. With a light double clap, two beautiful necks came out of the door in the kitchen that lead to the hall ways of the humongous house, and grabbed the baskets of breakfast food that had been prepared. Eggs, toast, danishes, bacon, quiches, hummus, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, oatmeal, croissants -- anything you could imagine in a breakfast was there, being the perfect representation of everything jentacular.

"Help yourselves, my fine guests. If you want something to drink, please ask my servants," Jacques stated, filling his plate with more danishes and fruit. He already had a glass of more champagne with him. He wasn't a heavy drinker or anything, but he knew when to celebrate and how. Besides, it was just one glass.

"First thing's first, Irene, you're coming along." Jacques said brightly.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/30/2013, 9:18 pm

Irene was grateful for Roy's reflexes, just as she was about to apologize to Roy for being so clumsy she felt the warmth of his lips press against the inside of hers and it was astonishing. She blushed instantly and couldn't help but giggle the moment his lips left hers. It was a single yet passionate kiss, something anyone would be blessed to have at the start of their morning.

"Thank you Roy, I surly would have had a nasty bump on my head if it were not for you." Irene was blushing viciously and a a perky smile traced her lips as she spoke. Irene saw Jacques in the kitchen behind her and smiled, feeling slightly indecent, in her sleeping gown she pulled it down and straightened it hoping she didn't look like a tramp.

"Good morning Jacques, thank you for the room, it was heavenly." Irene, still grinning took her seat next to Roy, the chairs felt like they were made for someone of much higher stature however she was grateful for a place at the table to begin with. She looked up at Jacques and heard him say she was able to come along. Rather taken by surprise, Irene's smile grew larger and she took Roy's hand and squeezed it tightly. Thanking Jacques for allowing her presence she thought of how she would do her very best to- well that was the thing, she had no idea what they were after, all she knew was that she would be with Roy and that was enough for her.

"I'm humbled by your decision, thank you Jacques, do we have a plan of action for- well, what exactly are we getting?" Puzzled at what was in store Irene looked to Jacques for his answer. She picked up a small bowl of her favorite fruits while she was at it and waited for Jacques to respond before munching, just in case it was something that would make her spit her food out in shock. After half a week with Roy, and knowing how quickly she was to startle, she wasn't going to risk it.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/30/2013, 10:26 pm

"Well, that's the thing, isn't it?" Jacques replied, stroking his chin. "I'm not entirely sure. I'll tell you what I told Roy this morning. I was having a nice boat ride the other day, made the winds carry me up the coast line of my beautiful country. The next thing I know, I see a huge shimmering castle. Ones you would only see in the medieval days. When I went in closer to examine it, it disappeared. So I set in a small adventure of my own. I hiked up the cliff, and attempted to find out where this thing was. There was a very large forest. Here as a demigod in Sweden, you know that many forests are dangerous. Not just because of the creatures that dwell in them, but the stories of enchanted forests. I walked across the edge of it, until I came to a troll home. A little dwelling in the earth. I searched it and found gold among other things like food, and many things trolls don't have in their home. I assumed the troll had a connection to the castle. I looked everywhere in his home and didn't find a map -- I thought he might have taken it. Examining his home further I found a dead body dressed in a tux, as I know him as Jarl Paolsen -- Odin rest his soul -- and I could only guess that the troll was posing as Jarl. Jarl is a very, very wealthy man, if I may say even above my own wealth. After a bit of talking around, "Jarl" was hosting a party, inviting the nobles and the wealthy. I've been invited, of course, and allowed three guests, so I can take you two. The party is tonight, starting at 8. Our plan is to investigate Jarl. We need that map if we want any information. From Roy's knowledgeable assumption--"

"The location seems likely to be Útgarða-Loki's castle, Útgarðr. While in the tale of Thor, Loki, and Þjálfi who stumbled upon the castle were in Jötunheimr, as you know about the greek side, it moves around. So it's highly probable that this is the castle told in the tale. Other than that, not many castles are known in Norse mythology, raising even higher the chance that this is Útgarðr, not to mention how Útgarða-Loki used magic in his contests with Thor and co. I would wager a guess that if anything, this is Útgarðr." Roy told, interrupting Jacques.

"Yes, which means that it contains the drinking horn Thor was tricked into drinking from, sucking a good amount of the ocean up. This would be a valuable find indeed alone, not to mention the castle." Jacques finished, and took a bite of his strawberries. "So we'll stay here until then, and at the party we'll, well, you know, try and get Jarl to reveal himself, give us the map, you know. This is a very important find."
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/1/2013, 7:01 pm

Irene looked at Jacques, then to Roy. Her attention divided between eating a healthy breakfast, the healthiest meal of the day, and listening to the plan made her slightly less than responsive.

"It sounds like you've got it all figured out then, but even if we find Jarl, how do we get him away from innocent people without getting anyone's attention? We would need an awfully good distraction. Also, why would a troll throw a party? Even if it were mating season I doubt a human is what he's after."

Irene pursed her lips she was excited to help but she wanted at least some serious shape of a plan, fully aware that nothing ever goes according to plan but, it helps to know what to get done. Finishing a bowl of kiwis and strawberries Irene realized she was staring at Jacques, hoping she hadn't been staring too long she darted her eyes to Roy, someone whom it is acceptable to stare aimlessly at.

She knew better than to raise from the table before the host has risen but she really needed to shower and hoped that breakfast would terminate quickly. She desperately needed to put her hair up into her usual bun and needed to inspect the only dress she bought, she prayed it wouldn't be to sexy, it was a classy place and she didn't want to be a distraction, or worse cause attention.

Oh what am I thinking, there are going to be millionaires there, with far nicer and classier get ups than I could ever afford, it should be fine.

Listening intently for a response Irene's leg managed to find Roy's and she let it lean on his gently. Content with herself and her position Irene folded her napkin and placed her utensils properly to signify she had finished her meal, if anything she could just get up and take it herself, however she didn't know Jacques house rules and didn't want to be rude.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 7/1/2013, 9:22 pm

Jacques smiled pleasantly at Irene.

"Why feasting, of course. Trolls like this one eat people." Jacques spoke. "As for the distraction, we don't need one. We just need to catch him off guard, make him do something a human normally doesn't, and then the people'll flee. That, or perhaps we have a normal discussion with him and ask him for the map. He might give us a riddle or he'll kill, or who knows. I'm not an expert on trolls. Roy has only had a bit more experience with them than I have, and from the fact that you didn't know trolls eat humans, neither are you." Jacques said promptly, then clapped his hands twice as a neck came and picked up his dishes and stood up. Roy, who was enjoying the leg touch beneath the table, gave a reassuring smile to his girlfriend, and stood up as well, and the necks took his plates.

He walked up behind Irene, and kissed her forehead lightly, and pulled out her chair.

"If you need to know, there's a shower on the second floor, but instead of walking straight to go to your room, take a left down that hallway and continue on until you hit a door. That's the shower." He nodded, then walked up to his room, and sat on his large bed. Looking out his window, he sighed. It was the wait that was going to kill him. That, and, of course, now having Irene in harm's way. Fiddling with his basilisk fang, he couldn't help but be a bit worried, which was something new to him. He never got worried like this. He just didn't want to loose Irene is all. With another sigh, he took out his .357 revolver and started to clean it to help soothe his mind.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/1/2013, 9:53 pm

Feasting. Map. Riddles. By gods I hate riddles. But I would rather take on a riddle than to have mass chaos at a party where the police would have no problem investigating. What would we even say? 'Oh Jarl? Ha, He's dead, this is a troll, oh by the way we're all demigods and the only reason you aren't dead is because of mist manipulation.'

Irene figured that plan was as good as any and wouldn't fuss over it. Feeling Roy's lips grace her forehead Irene smiled and looked up as she pulled back her chair. She turned to Jacques and thanked him for the meal and heard Roy talk about showers. Ecstatic, her eyes widened and she smiled at the thought of a good shower.

"Thanks, I'll get right on it." Irene smiled at Roy and walked to her room. After a few failed attempts and finding her room and then finding the shower Irene loafed around searching up things about trolls in books, she wouldn't dare use the internet. She caught up with Roy for a few brief moments there was obvious tension in the air, everyone was a little nervous, who wouldn't be? We really have no idea what is going to happen.

After some time went by it was about time to leave and everyone was wrapping up. Irene donned a dress she had worn several times at galas and parties with important people from her parents work. It was fuchsia, strapless with a sweetheart neckline, the dress was fitted until a sharp slant at her upper thighs where it flowed down for easy movement, most demigods knew better than to wear constricting clothing. She took a matching clutch purse and stored her key chain within along with her whistle. A simple silver bracelet that matched the decor on the neckline and a pair of low heels, classy but very practical.

Looking up at Roy and Jacques she nodded and smiled rather grimly, the idea of not knowing bothered her to no end. To be frank she just wanted to get it over with.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 7/3/2013, 8:32 pm

It was that time they had to depart. Jacques was wearing a three piece silk suit that was a darker blue, but not navy, along with a green shirt and a blue-green bow tie, and a beautiful green orchid, fully bloomed, as a boutonniere. Along with this, he had a cane, which was pain black except for the top, which was a very intricately designed sea serpent, and his shoes matched the black cane.. Roy on the other hand wore a white suit, with a deep cut black vest, and a white dress shirt with a black bow tie, and black pants, along with a red flower as a boutonniere, who had black shoes on as well. His hair was parted perfectly, gelled a bit, and a large confident smile was on his face.

"I already had my servants place your things in the car. I'm not sure when or if we'll need it, but it's there." Jacques said, admiring himself in the mirror. He checked his gold watch.

"Yep, it's time," Jacques told, giving himself one last look at himself.

"Come now, Jacques, you look fine." Roy chuckled.

"Yes, yes, quite." He replied, smiling and walking to the doors, which he opened. He stood in front of one to hold it open.

"Come come, now." He told the two promptly, as he gestured outside. They both came, Roy's arm over Irene's shoulders.

"You're absolutely beautiful," Roy whispered into her ear, smiling. With this, Avlar brought them to the light-grey Bentley, now with a hood on. Jacques took the front seat, and Irene and Roy took the back. Roy saw his satchel under the seat and grabbed it, taking out his revolver and bullets.

"Must you do that in here?" Jacques asked, rolling his eyes.

"Never know when you need it fully loaded. C'mon, I thought you knew that, Jacques."

"You military men are all the same..." He mumbled, shaking his head.

"It's a twenty minute drive from here. We're to stay together, find Jarl, and somehow get his grubby hands to give us that map. Odin knows we'll probably end up raising Hel to get it. Be prepared for anything. I wouldn't be too surprised if he has body guards...probably half Jötunn -- giants. We'll know if he has body guards when we see them. Half Jötunn are usually 7 or 8 feet tall...and have some of the best punches around -- other than yours Roy, of course." Jacques went on, as the car started moving. Roy had filled the bullets into their slots, and inspected every last one. He looked over at Irene.

"I was in the German Special Forces. Kommando Spezialkräfte, or KSK. Jacques's right about me being a military man -- for the most part," He told her, finishing filling his gun up, spun it, and put it away. "It's surprising how little you know about a man from looks alone."
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/3/2013, 9:48 pm

Irene tried not assume things about people, however with Roy it was just too easy. She couldn't have known what military he had been but a son of Polydeuces, please. Child's play, she figured either he was into some form of heavy forces, hard labor, something that fitted his god parents. Most of the kids at camp are the same way, unknowingly committed to something relevant to their god parent; hell, even Irene was into healing, not so much the music part, but she found it close enough.

So, upon Roy's confession, Irene was only surprised the country he worked for was Germany. As for other surprises she had brushed up on some Norse mythology, once, maybe twice, she figured watching the Avengers and Thor would be enough. To be honest with her self she knew she was only concerned about the gods that were rather relevant to her, Apollo being an Olympian and some minor gods along the way but Norse gods and even the Egyptian gods were rather vague to her memory.

"You don't have some form of PTSD do you Roy? I figured a muscle head like you would be in heavy work, military was up there but the location was a mystery to me" Irene chuckled to herself at that first bit normally she had a hunch when someone was sick or in pain, she didn't like to listen to it, it wasn't a power per say because a few humans are just naturals at it, either way, she never felt anything with Roy then again she didn't think it worked the same way with long term disorders.

She looked outside, the streets flying by and the trees looked like green blobs on sticks. they quickly arrived at an elegant gate, enormous really, she was really surprised at how large it was, when Jacques said wealthier than he, he wasn't kidding. A little taken back the gate was not only a premonition of what was to come within the house, which by the way seemed to be a mile of a drive way away or more, but also a reminder that they were so very close to the troll they had to get a map from.

Hoping the boys wouldn't cause any unnecessary rumbling, this should be a quick in and out, no need to alarm the mortals, at the very most just have Jarl die in an accident so there would be no more troll to worry about. She didn't know what Jacques intentions other than getting the map was but she couldn't let people get hurt if she could help it.

"How long is this drive way anyway?" Irene was starting to rustle a bit in the seat, impatient. Just as the words slipped out of her lips the tree's cleared and Irene's eyes widened.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 7/5/2013, 9:20 pm

"No, not that I know of," Roy replied to Irene jokingly but meant it. As Avlar drove, Roy was brought back to the other times he spent with Jacques. The both of them were younger...Roy was 16, just about to go into the German military. Roy was out and about, enjoying his last few days before he was sent back to the hell hole of boot camp, and met Jacques in a more expensive café, and sat and drank with him. They talked and got along very well. So well, in fact, Jacques invited Roy to his parent's house.

Jacques mom and step father are both very rich. Jacques's mom invested a huge amount of money into the Poland salt mining business and became a billionaire, and the step father of Jacques came from a family of wealthy people, being a billionaire himself. So you can imagine how huge and luxurious the house of the family was.

The two were buddy-buddy and when Roy had to leave to serve, Jacques made sure he could contact Roy. The two were the closest of friends ever since.

"How long is this drive anyway?" Irene asked. Jacques turned around.

"We just entered the gates. After a bend in the road here -- and there it is." He said. After the turn through the forest, the mansion was enormous. It probably ate mansions like Jacques's for breakfast. It had to be fifteen stories tall, made of the most expensive masonry around; it was so elegant, all white like the snow around, but you knew it was there because the white nearly glowed on the house. There were a lot of cars in the large circular drive, each worth a fortune in their own right. From the car you could hear the laughter, talk, and music, which rang through the ears of Roy. There was much excitement here, yes. The vehicle carrying Avlar, Irene, Jacques and Roy drove up. Even closer, with people through the expensive windows and the like see-through, you just couldn't help but mentally say 'Wow'. It had to take up an acre of land, just the building alone; it was too large not to. The Bentley stopped, and Avlar got out of the car, and then opened Jacque's door, Irene's, then finally Roy's, as they all got out. Roy chuckled.

"The plan sounds much easier on paper. Jarl will nearly be impossible to find..." He widened his eyes and shook his head.

"No kidding," Jacques replied, nodding and pursing his lips. He waked up to the quite possible diamond doors and opened it.

"After you two," He spoke. The opening revealed the richest party Roy had ever seen. Men and women, from all ages, in clothes that costed more than a small country makes in a year, with the most expensive jewelry, necklaces -- just, walking around in probably a million dollars worth of the most expensive things. They were talking, with servants like Jacques's (except much more numerous), carrying antique champagne on trays with small glasses, and rich snacks that Roy had no clue what were called.

"Well, c'mon, we gotta start somewhere."
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/7/2013, 1:12 am

It wasn't long before Irene realized they were way in over their heads pacing between the masses, grateful that her dress allowed mobility, Irene looked around at her surroundings. Remembering to play the part, she spoke to a few cliques she found about Jarl, each having a different story about where Jarl was. Getting frustrated she looked over to see Roy talking to a few nicely dressed men near the indoor fountain and smiled; he looked very good tonight. Just as Irene was about to make a step forward to ask Roy if he had gotten any progress he vanished. There were far too many people and keeping an eye on a single one was near impossible.

Quickly, Irene turned around and began her search again; I'll just have to find him later I suppose. She spoke to servants, most didn't know much English and those that did, did not know where Jarl was. Getting relentless Irene started to get sick of people touching her everywhere, she desperately needed some air. After a few flights of stairs, Irene reached the third floor, and could look down on the rest of the party, it was actually a perfect view of everyone. After a few deep breathes and a very convenient servant with some champagne Irene realized she had no idea what Jarl even looked like.

Annoyed at herself for not asking, she diverted her attention from the party to go find Roy. Upon turning around she collided with a man not two years older than Roy. He looked as if he was straining to keep composure, the way Irene knew she looked when she forced herself into a pair of tight jeans. Curious and slightly worried, fitting into tight clothes that once fit was a deadly trade in Irene's eyes and she knew the feeling, she stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you, are you feeling alright? You don't seem too well." Irene looked into the man's eyes and placed a hand on his shoulder. Instantly Irene realized several men shifting around her; Damnit, how did I not notice them before? I'm so stupid.

At least five half giant guards were starring Irene down and slowly moving towards her. Panicked Irene almost bolted had it not been for the man standing up straight and raising a hand; as if someone had stopped time the guards stood without moving.

"I'm feeling just fine. Thank you. I don't think we have had the pleasure." He spoke bluntly and with shortness, it took a moment for Irene to realize he was talking about greetings before she replied. "No, I don't believe we have. Irene. Ortega. Pleasure." Attempting to mimic Jarl's abrupt syntactical speech, combined with near terror, Irene fumbled trying to meet the hand of her new acquaintance to shake. His hands were disgustingly sweaty, and clammy, Irene had to consciously follow through with the handshake.

Yea, what a real pleasure to meet a troll in a meat suit. The Joy.

"Please, Irene, join me at a, special, screening in the west wing. Only a handful of the invited were chosen to attend. I won't take 'No' for an answer" Jarl spoke as he looked Irene head to toe, as if he was inspecting her. Clearly left without a choice Irene nodded and took Jarls arm as they walked to the West Wing. She saw Roy looking around from the floor beneath her and they locked eyes. She mouthed the words "Help Me" to Roy and hoped he got the message. Not long after that she locked eyes with Jacques, who upon seeing her companion showed widened eyes of recognition and he shook his head as she seemed to have whispered something under his breath.

Once at the West Wing Irene excused her arm from Jarls and walked around the room. The doors closed and locked after every individual person and opened only to allow more people in. It didn't take long before Irene realized she was in a room full of morbidly obese rich folk. Not knowing whether to feel insulted at being in the same room or complimented that Jarl wanted her company Irene pouted for a second and then prayed that Roy would come in any second as she saw Jarl rise up the stairs of a stage after being introduced by a servant. After a few words and learning that the "special screening" would begin in twenty minutes Irene saw Jarl enter an office just behind a curtain and kept her eyes locked on the door until Roy and Jacques arrived.  

We can do this in front of the fast food tasting committee or we can do this in that office, whatever we do, I need the boys here right now.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 7/8/2013, 4:54 pm

"Vet du var Jarl är?" Roy and Jacques were asking nearly everywhere. The two friends seemed to get no direct answer. There were mostly I don't knows, and an occasional finger pointing in a general direction. Roy noticed he lost the location of Irene, but wasn't too worried. If she found Jarl, she would come back to the two and tell them. Roy personally had no clue who Jarl looked like. While Jacques did, he stood by Roy and looked around, standing on his tip toes to get a better look some of the time, and was asking the rest.

"Vet du var Jarl är?" Roy asked another man.

"Jag har sett honom. Han är på tredje våningen." The man replied. With a breath of air, Roy nodded and gave thanks, as he went to the third floor, like the man said, he seen Irene, but his sighting of her didn't make him any happier. She was being taken away by a man, and the words Roy could make out to be 'Help me'.

Okay, so things weren't exactly going the best. He gave Jacques a tap on his shoulder. Who also made contact with Roy's girlfriend.

"She's with Jarl! Jäkla!" Jacques exclaimed. Roy took no time to wait, he pushed people out of the way to try and get to her, though many were confused and wouldn't budge or get the message that Roy had to have them get out of the damn way.

"He's heading to the west wing, Roy!" Jacques pointed out. It hardly mattered where she was heading with Jarl at the moment, but just to get there. Just as the door closed and there was more space to move, something that the two were dreading following Jarl.

His body guards stood in front of the door Irene just went into. Roy instinctively reached for his pocket, but he had no gun. Nor xiphos, nor his manriki chain. This was going to be one of those days. The two stood behind the corner the six body gaurds were, the guards couldn't see Jacques or Roy. Running a hand through his hair, Roy was quickly thinking.

"What are we going to do?" Jacques asked.

"I'm thinking!" Roy spoke his hands in the air. "He's rich! Look for a sword or something on the wall!"

"There!" Jacques pointed to a plaque above the fireplace. It had two rapiers crossed on it, and people were crowded talking around it.

"Is it time to scare them off? I can burst the pipes in the wall and the water will scare them away."

"No, not now at least. That's not guaranteed to make them flee. Ursäkta mig," Roy said to the crowd as he budged his way to the fireplace. Luckily he was pretty tall, so he grabbed the two swords, now getting a lot of attention.

"Jarl frågade mig om dem," He told the crowd, as they shrugged and went back to talking. He went back over to Jacque, handing him a rapier.

"If we kill one, their bound to run away." Roy told him, as he came out behind the corner, the sword drawn, and ran to one of the half giants, and took him by surprise. Roy ran him through, killing the half giant. The others looked at each other.

But they didn't flee.

"Jacques! Open the door while I take them on!"

"Right behind you!" Jacques hollered back. Roy was then swiftly punched to his stomach, and brought down to his knees with the punch, and then another half-giant kicked Roy right in his head, bringing Roy to the floor. Before his adversaries were able to curb stomp him, he rolled and dodged a powerful stomp. Roy could hear some screaming at the sight of the dead half-giant, and people running. Jacques was trying to open the door, but was failing. It was locked or jammed or something.

"It won't open!" Jacques called to him. Roy stabbed another half-giant through its chest. before a punch in his side made a sickening crack.

"Move!"

Roy dodged a kick from a half-giant, and had the four left in front of him. He sent a heavy punch to the door, knocking a huge hole in it. Jacques, with a bent head, went through the door, leaving Roy behind him.

"C'mon Roy!" Jacques told him. Jacques then shook his head and closed his eyes. There was an ugly creaking noise from the walls, and then an incredibly strong torrent of water at the half giants, washing them away. Roy then rushed inside. There were a good amount of people in the room, probably the feast of the Jarl, who was probably going to get more. There wasn't much time before he found out two of his half-giants were dead and two men broke through the probably enchanted door. Some of them were larger folks that wouldn't fit through the door. In any case, everyone was looking at the two with curiosity and terror, with Roy having his face bloodied up a bit and the other who caused a strong stream of water to wash away four fully grown men and then some.

Roy punched the door another time near the bottom, so it was clear for the people to get out. While the doorknob may have been enchanted, the door itself was not.

"Everyone out, now!" Roy yelled. There wasn't much of an argument, the whole of them fled, besides Irene, Jacques and Roy.

"Broken rib, Roy?" Jacques asked, looking down the hall way, seeing it clear.

"Doesn't matter much right now."

"My feast!" A yelp was heard.

"Jarl! What do we do?" Jacques hollered.

"We need that map! Jacques, do you know another way to the car besides that hall way?"

"I've been here three times. I think I can remember, yeah." He replied with a quick shrug.

"Lets go through the door. Let's try to talk to him out of that map." Roy said, seriously doubting if they would get anywhere with this. Probably would have a better sticking a hand in a meat grinder and still having it. Roy went through the door way again, gesturing for Irene to follow him.

"My body guards!" Jarl exclaimed. Then he seen the three. "Did you do this?" He said with broken english, but with plain fury.

"Give us the map. We know you're a troll. We don't want to--" Then Roy changed his mind when a bolt of magic shot right next to him. At least Roy knew the troll would follow them until he killed the three. He grabbed hold of Irene's hand as he let Jacques take the lead. A left, a dodge of a bolt, a right, a dodge of two bolts of magic, one incredibly close to Jacques face, down a staircase and other, another right, and a bolt of magic that missed, a left, down the hall way more, and then another left, three bolts of magic that missed, and there were the doors. The place was empty, as expected.

"To the car!" Roy yelled as Jacques opened the doors to the house. The ran to the car. Avlar was no where to be found, so Jacques took control and after turning the Bentley on, slammed on the gas and they drove off. Roy was looking behind him when we saw Jarl, followed by the four of the half-giants he didn't kill get into two separate cars, one carrying Jarl and a half-giant, and another carrying the other two half giants.

"Irene, hand me my gun." He told her, as they switched sides when they jumped in the vehicle so fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 9:29 am