A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

The Infirmary

Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

The Infirmary Empty The Infirmary

Post by Bell 7/16/2013, 1:35 am

“Prepare a bed, please!” Laraine screamed as she staggered to keep standing up, as Lindia’s weight began to weigh her down. The other campers…and citizens inside the infirmary stood up in alarm and began to prepare everything they needed for Lindia in a rush. Some of them came to Laraine’s aid and together, they carried her to a nearby bed.

“What happened to her?” a senior camper asked. Laraine didn’t really know her a lot, but she pretty much guessed that her name was Carol, since most of the people there called her that way. Laraine turned to Carol and then to Lindia, her face was full of concern.

“I don’t know…probably a really bad curse or something. Whatever it is, it’s hurting her. A lot.”

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

The Infirmary Empty Re: The Infirmary

Post by Holly 7/16/2013, 11:05 am

Linda regained conscious minutes after she had been placed into bed and looked around quickly as her vision cleared.she recgonized the infirmary instantly and glanced to god her new friend, which she did. "Thanks" she mouthed to her, before examining herself a little more carefully.

She had an IV in the back of her left hand and was dressed on a gown, her hair let down and such. She felt ridiculous, since it was just her curse...but she could feel the extreme pain within her as well.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/17/2013, 3:51 am

Laraine was clearly not in her best mood.

Sure, at first it was a great day. She got a new friend, and she actually managed to get this new friend to eat with her. Her table was always full of people, but they were not her close friends. Eating like that made her feel…lonely. And then she got Lindia. She’d been really kind to her…and she couldn’t forgive herself if she was not able to help Lindia. What kind of a friend was she?

And then she saw Lindia…half-awake. She seemed pretty confused…but Laraine’s heart jumped in celebration.
    “For the love of the goodness, thank gods you’re awake!” Laraine yelped. She felt extremely grateful…and she chocked back a sob. She may not know this girl really long…but Lindia seemed…special—probably because she was so far, the closest friend she’d ever had in this camp—but it didn’t really matter now.
    Laraine ran towards Lindia, a clipboard full of medical papers was in her hands. She was writing a bunch of stuff for the last fifteen minutes. Lindia’s body temperature, her symptoms, everything. She’d even talked with so many senior campers that she almost lost count.

“Hey,” she said. “I guess you’re getting stable by now. If you tell me the ingredients you need for your curse antidote, I might be able to get it for you.”

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/17/2013, 9:11 am

Lindia nodded, looking at her new friend closely. "Alright...you'll need quite a bit of stuff so you better write fast" she told her and began to list every ingredient and how to make the antidote. "It's only a temporary relief" she warned and sat up in bed, quickly recovering from that session of her curse.

"My curse hits every 24 hours as lasts between five minutes and about two hours so, I'm not sure if that can help you I just thought I'll put it out there" she told her as she saw she had been hooked up to a few machines. "Anything else you woul need?@ the red streaked girl asked asshe sat on the bed and continued the look at Lauraine. Little did they both know Lindia was about to get a whole lot worsez
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/19/2013, 3:17 am

Laraine frowned as she started to write down Lindia’s every single word.

The ingredients were not really complicated. They were mostly…simple medicines…easy things that you can get pretty much in many places. The only thing that bothered her was that…why did Lindia have to hide it from the other campers? If she’d told it to at least campers whose parents are medical gods, they would have found ways to cure her. Well, at least her curse didn’t involve burning hair, because if that really happens, none of the medics can handle it…at least in Laraine’s opinion.

“I’ll ask nothing more, thank you. I’ll get the ingredients,” she said, reassuring Lindia. “Everything’s going to be fine…uh, at least until the medicine’s ready.”She felt awkward for saying this to a much older camper than her, but…that’s the least she could do.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/19/2013, 2:11 pm

Lindia smiled up at her when she said her last few sentences. "Thanks, friend" she whispered and looked around, her legs aching and her mind severely throbbing from the after-effects of her curse. She wondered how long she had until she had to tell more about her past to Lauraine, but she hoped she wouldn't have to talk about her painfully life before camp.

Lindia dudnt have anything to do as she watched her friend leave to fetch the numerous ingredients that she required to create her temporary cure. She wondered why it was taking her so long to find the ingredients...not that it overall mattered too much. She sighed as she lay and waited for her to return.

A few hours later she watched as Lauraine returned and smiled slightly at her friend "hey" she said, her Canadian French accent poking through barely. She wondered if she needed help to create the potion, or if she could do it by herself.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/20/2013, 10:06 am

Laraine had to confess something: those ingredients weren’t that easy to be found.

Laraine had to run around New Rome twoce to find about seventy percent of the things written on the list, and she still had to run another long lap around Camp Jupiter to find the other thirty percent. By the time she was finished, Laraine had run out of her breath and she felt that all of her strength had left her.

But she had all the ingredients…and she thought it was worth it.

She walked to Lindia’s bed and smashed herself on the nearest chair. “Hey…Lindia…” she said breathlessly while putting the bag—which was filled with the ingredients—on the table. She then took a napkin and started to dab her sweat on her forehead. “Here are…the ingredients…now…as soon as I can…catch my breath…would…you please…tell me…the way to ….make the…antidote?”
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/20/2013, 3:40 pm

Linda smiled at her, ad sat up, motioning to the seat next to the hospital bed Lindia was currently confined too. "Lets see...l Lindia began and then went on to tell her the very complicated and confusing process in which to create the temporary antidote. She had to stop to cough a few times, her three years of smoking coming back to harm her. She however pushed on nonetheless, and stayed without showing any hint of pain as she finished telling her friend the cures instructions.

Lindia was partly worried Lauraine would mess it up, and wasnt sure of what she should do, slightly worried of her own health and of laure, her girlfriend that she hasn't seen in a few days....would laure worry about her? Does laure even still care?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/22/2013, 5:17 am

Laraine bit her tongue. She wrote down Lindia's instructions really carefully...but as Lindia kept talking, she frowned, and frowned even more when she was finished. As she reviewed back the list of guides, her head started throbbing. It wasn't cool. Her head had started to feel hurt when she ran back to the infirmary, and now, after Lindia had told her the instructions with complicated and hard words--gosh, she was still twelve!--Uh...well...and headache came back.

"Uh," Laraine said as she rushed off to snatch the equipments needed. Her face was red of embarrassment. She just had to admit that she could not make this antidote. The lines on her forehead seemed to be more in number as she frowned deeper. The equipments themselves were complicated. "Lindia. I...I can't make this antidote. It's too...complicated and I'm still...uh...a beginner."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/22/2013, 12:55 pm

Lindia nodded and smirked, looking at the girl. "I'll make it" she told her and gathered the ingredients. She had memorized the recipe and began to mix and boil and flash-freeze the materials as she crushed some of the more disgusting ingredients and added then to the solution. She worked hard, hoping that Lauraine was taking notes or at least was trying to understand what the scene girl was doing as she poured the steaming, green liquid into vials and then...tossed them.

She tossed them into the flash-freezer before taking out the bone chilling medicine. "Done" she told her and smirked. "I'll be out of this infirmary soon and then I'll be having...." She sighed, she never really had fun.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/23/2013, 9:58 am

Laraine's jaw dropped. She snatched her note and took a pen. Lindia's demanding eyes were enough to give her the message: 'I am not going to repeat this twice. Now, please watch and learn.' Laraine blushed and looked at the ground for no apparent reason before she looked up again.

And it seemed that writing the instructions once again was not pointless, after all.

Laraine's eyes opened really wide as she watched in awe. Lindia could do countless things with only simple equipments. Laraine clearly wasn't able to do such things. Lindia, much in Laraine's bewilderment, was able to chop these...un-chop-able looking things. She was also able to do awesome stuff with only a small beaker glass...but the thing that made Laraine speechless was that the antidote looked...perfectly green.

By the time she finished writing, she had used more than four pages. She was drawing a mushroom on the second page when she heard Lindia talking. "...fun?" She ended the sentence. "Of course you will have fun! This camp alone is awesome!"

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/23/2013, 10:15 am

Linda sighed and gazed out the window. "I've never truly had fun, never have had the strength to let go of all my problems and truly have fun. I have always lived in the shadow of my fear, always lived in pain" Linda put the vials within her bag and played with her magical keychain. She really wanted to die, but everyone had kept her alive, the little things had, as mostly her father.

Although she hated her abusice father, she wanted to outlast him, change the family names image from one of horrid to one of wonder, becoming someone better than just a roman scene girl who was constantly at war with herself in more ways than one. Linda knew she needed to change, but she had nothing to sart her change, to make her a better person. She felt alone and cold, without anyone to turn to.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/25/2013, 3:43 am

“But…but…” Laraine’s voice trailed off. Little did she know about her big friend, but still, watching her replying with such painful expression made her a little bit sad. She did know that Lindia had a horrid past…but she had never thought that it impacted Lindia so much that she…lived with a shadow of her pains and fears following her for her entire life. The thought itself was enough to make Laraine stressed out…Laraine gulped and looked at Lindia with a newfound respect. She would never survive if she was Lindia.

“But you have Camp Jupiter, remember?” Laraine said, reassuring Lindia. “You can live here, because it’s like, super safe here. You have your friends, too. I’m sure they would try to help you with this.”

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/25/2013, 5:38 am

Linda shook her head "I have yet two friends, you and y girlfriend. That's it. And camp Jupiter isn't safe for a girl like me, I'm bullied constantly, rocks thrown at me...I'm not liked. Do you know how it fees to be the outcast? The 'giant' that everyone hates?" She sighed and slumped. "Thank you though, I woulda died with it"

Linda then looked down, rubbing her arm. She wanted to know what was going on with her right now, what she could do to keep the peace....she almost even felt a tear across her eye
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/26/2013, 10:40 am

“But…” Laraine started to say, but her voice didn’t work. In fact, she couldn’t say anything other than ‘but’. Her voice went slack and she looked down in shame. Her eyes started to look around crazily, madly grasping something that may help her to finish her sentence. Nothing was found, and Laraine gritted her teeth. A friend was supposed to help her other friend when in need….and when Lindia seemed to need help, Laraine couldn’t help her. What kind of a friend was she?

Laraine slammed back to her seat. She still looked down at the ground…she was too embarrassed to look directly at Lindia. For the last two hours, she felt like she had been a nuisance to Lindia. First, it took her too much time to get the antidote’s ingredients. Second, she couldn’t even make the antidote, and third, she couldn’t think of any sentence to cheer Lindia up.

It was one of her lame fails, indeed.

“I…Lindia…I’m really sorry.” She said.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/26/2013, 10:54 am

Linda looked at her, slightly confused, slightly upset. She knew Loraine had nothing to be sorry for, after all she had kept Linda alive till now. "Why are you sorry?" She seventeen year old child of magic asked her friend, looking at her. "You've kept my heart beating till now, so you really have no reason to be sorry Loraine" she said, explaining her opinion why she shouldn't feel sorry. She smiled at her friend and sat up, looking around the infirmary room.

She wanted to leave this place ASAP, any type of doctors buildings gave her the creeps after she watched a few horror and possession movies back when she was on the run. She looked at Loraine and awaited her reply, but she smiled warmly to the girl in hopes of cheering her up, before Linda became a human wrecking ball if she lost control....again. Last time she had crushed a few cars, collapsed a building, and well....hurt a whole lot of people too, an event that still haunted her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/29/2013, 10:31 am

Pale sunrays were shining down on Camp Jupiter's white building, as usual accompanied by the mid-afternoon wave of heat. Fortunately, Laure was inhabited to that, and it didn't matter to her. She was wearing her violet Camp shirt along with a creamy white skirt that flew around her thighs with every breeze of air, even the lightest. A fashionable leather belt was attached around her waist, underlining her narrow hips and the curve of her back; her gladius hung there, held by just a slim cord embracing the sheath.

A line of soft pastel-blue eye-liner was traced above her eyes, emphazising their color, and a very small film of nude gloss made her lips glisten attractively. Laure's blonde thick hair cascaded over one shoulder, held together in a ponytail even though small wavy streaks had escaped it and now framed her face, giving her a playful look.

She had decided to go to the Infirmary -- normally there were always sons of Phebus, and Laure loved flirting with them.
    Her caligae made almost no sound as she entered the fresh building, walking steadily yet casually. Her lips were parted in a delicious smile, however, a bed caught her look.

Lindia.

"By the gods!" Laure exclaimed and ran over to her girlfriend, taking her hand. "Lindia, what happened? Are you... are you alright?" she asked, even though it was clear she wasn't alright.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/29/2013, 11:11 am

Linda had been lying in bed, staring out the window while Lauriane was doing something to better aid the treatment of the Canadian-American demigod. She wore the required exam gown, barely covering some parts of her body and not at all lmfortsble as Linda stared, not having anything to do in the hospital, and both full of boredom and fear. Her curse had worn off for now, but she was still having to be seen and she didn't feel all too well, the medicine she had concocted wasn't exactly agreeing with her now. Her stomach was increasing in pain gradually, and she thought to call for assisstance when she heard someone enter the infirmary.

Linda looked up, only to be confronted by two things. 1: Her name being exclaimed by a girl with a French accent 2: The sight of laure, dressed up for flirting and hitting on guys, rapidly approaching her and taking her hand. She could faintly hear that laure had demanded that if she was ok, though it was obvious the scene girl was not. She shook her head no at laure, staring up at her with eyes that showed a pain, of emotional and physical. Lindia had been crying slightly, obvious to laure because of the slightly smeared makeup that had decorated her appearance, the handiwork of laure herself actually.

"No, I'm afraid my curse caught up with me again" she told laure, her lovely girlfriend and sighed as she played with her dirty blonde, red streaked hair. "I was brought here by a friend, and she's been helping a little, but I don't rink the cure went exactly right" she explained and looked upon herself, feeling her feverish and clammy skin. "Ok not sure what exactly is going on but there are healers helping I think, I'm not too sure honestly" she squeezed laures hand, obviously scared of the events that were to come to her in the not too distant future
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/30/2013, 5:18 am

“No, no,” Laraine answered, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. A part of her was relieved to hear that she wasn’t a nuisance to Lindia, but another part of her shouted in agony. ‘You should’ve done better than this! You should’ve helped her more!’ it said. Laraine held her trembling hands and bit her tongue to prevent any but-s coming out from her mouth. Silently, she began to think about Lindia and her past life. She thought about Lindia’s special friend, Laure and she couldn’t help it but to wonder. Where was Laure?

A plan started to form in her mind, and she braced herself.

“No, it’s…I’m sorry because I’m too slow, but thank you for not…well, you know. Will a walk help you to be a little bit happy?” and now came the tricky part, Laraine thought. She took a deep breath and continued. “Do you know where Laure is now? If you do, and you’re willing to tell me, I can run to her now and ask her to walk with you.”

OOC: Hey, sorry for not posting. I was grounded.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/30/2013, 6:28 am

Lindia glanced at laure and smiled, then turned back to Lauriane. She directed laures attention to Lauriane, and smiled. "Laure, this is Lauriane, she saved my life when I passed out her in the mess hall" she told her, quickly introducing the two so any awkwardness was dispersed without too much drama. "Lauriane, this is laure, my girlfriend" she smiled and sat up, then winced at the sudden comeback of her curse symptoms, which confused her as she usually only had one curse attack in a 24 hour period.

She felt worse than she let on, her stomach was in knots, and her heart was beating wildly. She felt like at any moment she could cough up a lung, or perhaps seething worse. She couldn't help but cough, the tobacco in her lungs not helping at all, and suddenly she knew why smoking was bad. Even though she hasn't smoked since laure confiscated her ciggarettes, she knew some damage had already been done, and she wondered if enough was done to caus her severe medical problems.

OOC: posting order?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 8/1/2013, 1:12 am

OOC: Hey, I'm just making sure. We're waiting for Morgan, right?
    And to answer your question, it would be cool to have a posting order.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/1/2013, 1:19 am

OOC; yeah, we are and I think the order should be her, me, you
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 8/3/2013, 11:14 am

Laraine looked at Laure in awe.

“Hi,” she murmured and managed to smile a little. She did not really take a closer look at Laure, but gosh, she was gorgeous. For all she knew, most of the guys wanted to be her boyfriend. Well, Laraine thought. That fact wasn’t really surprising. However, she got Lindia already, so no matter how hard those guys try to get her, they won’t succeed.

Laraine was frozen for a few seconds as her mind tried to process all things that she’d experienced until now. Her feelings were mixed for the last three hours. She had found an amazing friend, who apparently had some sort of a curse that hurt her much…and this friend of hers had passed out in the mess hall and now, Laraine had ended up in the infirmary with Lindia and Laure. It was quite a day.

And now, a silly thought passed in her mind. She could not help it but to realize that all of their names started with an ‘L’. A part of her brain told her that it was kind of cool, but another, more serious part of her brain shushed it. Laraine mentally blushed. She knew it was nice, but it was really ridiculous to be said at the moment, especially when Lindia was still recovering from her curse’s daily attack.

The curse, unfortunately, decided to launch a sudden, unexpected hit. Laraine’s heart skipped a beat. What was wrong? She had collected the right ingredients! She had checked the list twice—no, thrice to make sure that she didn’t miss anything! In addition, Lindia herself had made the antidote. Nothing should go wrong...

“Gods, Lindia!” she yelled. “W-what’s wrong? Are you okay? Please tell me that you’re okay!”

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 8/17/2013, 1:05 pm

OOC: Yo, sorry for the late post XXDDD I'm doing my best with this messy internet connection.

BIC:
    Black was smeared on her eyelids, looking like watery soot cast around Lindia‘s beautiful azure eyes, and Laure recognized the make-up she had put there herself, the delicate line of black eye-liner and the mascara, washed away - by tears.
    Her amber eyebrows worriedly frowned, Laure placed a kiss on Lindia‘s hot, humid hand after the daughter of Trivia squeezed it. Even now, lying in the bed with feverish skin and sickness tied to the body, she was more beautiful than ever, and Laure‘s heartbeat rose, like everytime she saw the magnificent face of her perfect girlfriend. Lindia‘s eyes were so blue, so pure, that the sky itself looked like a vast imitation of her irises, and even though her pupils were black, they were alike suns to Laure.

The vocal exchange took the girl out of her thoughts.
    She nodded hello to Laraine, with a little smile. 
„Thank you for everything,“ she replied in her soft voice.
    However, when Lindia told her that she was her girlfriend, Laure‘s blue-violet eyes widened. Wasn‘t their relationship supposed to stay secret? The daughter of Aurora perfectly knew that several Roman demigods, especially among the elders, turned a disapproving eye on gay/lesbian romances and that it could be source of disadvantage in the later life in New Rome. Like always, Romans were very strict about rules, and being open-minded was often the one intellectual trait they lacked.
    Moreover, Octavian, the descendant of Apollo, exercised his power on the Camp precisely by exploiting the others‘s secrets to his advantage - and Laure shivered just by thinking in what ways that wicked boy could turn their lovestory into a nightmare.

Lindia suddenly started coughing, and Laure looked up at Laraine, who could heal her, still holding Lindia‘s hand.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/18/2013, 12:07 am

Lindia kept coughing, her body shaking as she hacked up a storm. Struggling, she flailed her arms and grabbed the glass of water next to her bed, bringing it to her lips and gulped it down quickly, her hands so tight the glass grew cracks in its crystal surface before shattering. Lindia wiped the glass off of herself, not caring about the minute cuts she just received.

She glanced at both of them and then to Lauriane. "Just side affects...." She told the younger girl, grasping onto Laure's hand tightly, the French girl the image of her love. Every part of Laure was perfect to the Canadian girl, her eyes were brilliant, her hair magnificent. Lindia just couldn't get enough of seeing or imagining Laure, ever since it had began between them, it was perfection. She looked into her girlfriends eyes, her black and blue combination eyes silently telling Laure that Lauriane could be trusted, could be of aid, could be someone they could depend on. Lindia cringed in pain as she tried to sit up, finally doing so with some help. Then she spoke.

"I think my curse is slightly worsening, and the one herb I need is nearly impossible to acquire..." She said and sighed "Siberian wild, that's where it is and After the environment, the herb is very rare" Linda looked at the two of them. "I don't want my condition to worsen, and I don't think you two want me in any more pain then I'm forced to have" she said, rubbing her back where the marks of her abuse still shined with pain.

~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 3:25 pm