A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?)

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?) Empty I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?)

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 11:38 am

From the wonderful fields on this baking hot day, Mina Lewis wandered into the library through the open double-doors, fanning herself lazily with her hand in a worthless attempt to cool herself off. The doors and two windows had been propped open to let in some nonexistent breeze, but with Mr. D controlling the camp's weather she was sure he'd hold off on even a bit of wind until somebody fainted from heatstroke. He hated camp, but to be honest, she didn't really blame him. Irritably, Mina blew hair out of her face as she stopped by the sides of the giant bookshelves, scanning the pieces of paper tacked onto them: they only had letters on them, at most three or four, telling her the first one or two letters of the last names of the authors on these shelves. Hm. Where was "K"?
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female
    Number of posts : 152
    Registration date : 2013-05-24

I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?) Empty Re: I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?)

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 7/18/2013, 11:48 am

Karissa walks into the library. She walks around, looking at the lines of books. She then stops when she sees a line of extremely thick books. She pulls one of them out of it`s shelf and sits down at the nearest couch and reads the book.

ooc: Karissa likes to read, although she`s not a daughter of Athena.

Karissa Mach,Demeter, 11
    Phoebe Mapleseed, Dryad, 13
    Lilly Winterton,Khione, 13
    Maddie Winterton, Khione, 5
    Austin Ringold, Apollo, 14

Click me if you DARE

Last edited by Karissa on 7/18/2013, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?) Empty Re: I don't even like reading. (Private-ish?)

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 12:02 pm

Out of the corner of her eye, as she looked at the overly-large letters on the pieces of paper, Mina noticed a girl on a couch with her nose stuck (not literally, of course) in a book that was probably the width of Mina's own hand. Granted, she had small hands, but any book larger than four hundred-ish pages was probably too much for her and most of the other demigods in camp. Dyslexia and ADHD -- a sucky combination.

After dilly-dallying for a few moments, Mina finally found the K shelf and scanned it for some Stephen King novels -- they were in the middle of the bookcase, looking a bit dusty and beaten up in their little neat row. She wasn't much of a reader, and mixed with the summertime heat she was sure that trying to read would be a futile task. The only reason she was in here at all was to beat the boredom she was experiencing in this oh-so-wonderful camp, where everything and nothing happened at the same time. Reaching out, Mina pulled Cell off the shelf and looked at it, frowning; the cover was a cell phone, glossy and a bit flimsy. She sighed and flipped it open experimentally, walking out of the shelves' shadows and almost tripping over her own feet onto the couch, next to the girl with the horrifyingly large book. "Ow."
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 7/18/2013, 12:07 pm

ooc: Oh right, I forgot.... Dyslexia.... XD oh well.
    bic: Karissa grumbles and mutters to herself. "Dyslexia sucks when it comes to reading." She shuts the book angrily and puts it away.

Karissa Mach,Demeter, 11

Click me if you DARE

Last edited by Karissa on 7/18/2013, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 12:16 pm

Mina lifted her head from the couch and tried not to spit on the ground furiously, scowling at the ugly brown cushion next to her elbow. That couch really tasted disgusting -- like, dust and sweat and... just ew. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and stood up, throwing the book in her hand to the spot her face had just been before looking, a bit smugly, at the girl. Teaches you to forget who you are, don't it? "Giving up on it already, huh? What book might that be?"
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 7/18/2013, 12:23 pm

"The fourth Harry Potter book. I have  tried to and succeeded reading 1-3 and now onto the fourth book. It`s 734 pages long. I gave up though." Karissa says. She sits up and asks, "What`s your name? I`m Karissa."

Karissa Mach,Demeter, 11

Click me if you DARE
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 12:40 pm

Mina raised her eyebrows at the girl -- clearly, she hadn't caught on to the blatant sarcasm in her voice. Either that, or her skills in mocking sarcasm were fading with the rising temperatures in this stupid camp. Tch. She'd tried reading the first Harry Potter book once and had finished the first page in an hour (partly due to laziness and partly due to her need to decipher the text), but she'd tossed it aside for a Saw movie marathon around six or seven years ago and had never touched the series again after that. It wasn't that she didn't like it, it was just that there were so many better and more thrilling things to do and watch than sit and read two hundred-plus pages of wizards and goblins and whatever the hell the books were about.

But, for now, Mina decided to play along. Playing along was easier to do than mock the girl, after all -- less thinking to do in this heat. "I'm Mina, daughter of Phrike. And you?"
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 7/18/2013, 12:46 pm

ooc: It wasn`t sarcasm. :P
    bic: "I`m Karissa, daughter of Demeter." Karissa said, standing up. "Well..." Karissa said.. "I`m going to head down to the lake to cool off. You wanna come with?" she finishes, waiting for Mina`s reply.

Karissa Mach,Demeter, 11

Click me if you DARE

Last edited by Karissa on 7/18/2013, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 12:51 pm

"Mhm. Well, I'm not much of a swimmer or a lake-person in general, but...." Mina mentally debated her options. Either she could sit down and read that stupid book or she could go to the beach with the girl and get in subtle insults that she may or may not understand. The first option wasn't appetizing at all, she hated reading and was only here to kill some time -- the second was probably her best bet, and as a bonus she could cool off while she was at it. Perfect. "Yeah, sure. I'll go."
    CallMeCrazy6700
    CallMeCrazy6700

Female

Post by CallMeCrazy6700 7/18/2013, 12:52 pm

"Okay. Meet you there!" Karissa says, running out of the library.

Karissa Mach,Demeter, 11

Click me if you DARE
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/18/2013, 12:56 pm

Mina sighed, glancing down at Cell on the couch and wondering whether or not she'd made the right decision. She could just show her up, but that was no fun in this weather. Leaving the book there for the librarians to put back, she walked out of the library, wiping some sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand -- to the lake, apparently, but first she directed herself to her cabin to change and get a towel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 6:59 am