A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Bit of "Light" Reading (Private)

AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2016-01-15

A Bit of "Light" Reading (Private) Empty A Bit of "Light" Reading (Private)

Post by AutumnSiren 3/22/2016, 2:47 pm

I held a small stack of books in my hands, I placed them down on a nearby table and went around to find more books to collect and read, most of the books I had were on potions and spells. I wanted to find a least book one book on something other than those. I walked up to a book case and looked at the books, I took a book on botany and added it to the pile.
    I looked around a little more and picked out a two and added them to the pile to books, one was on chemistry the other was astronomy book. I sat down added the chemistry book to the stack, opened the astronomy book and started reading.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A Bit of "Light" Reading (Private) Empty Re: A Bit of "Light" Reading (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2016, 4:36 am

Sawyer trudged into the library. She immediately headed to the Mechanics & Machinery department, squinting in the sunlight coming from the window. Browsing through the books, scrolls and codexes, she eventually found what she needed and went to sit at a nearby table, taking out her laptop to take notes on her reading. She had selected three items: De Pneumatica by Hero of Alexandria, a book on robots and manipulators, and a last one about programmable logic controllers. The huge Latino girl unraveled the first scroll of De Pneumatica and browsed through the tiny Ancient Greek writing, her large calloused hands handling the brittle paper with outmost delicacy.
    Next to her sat another kid, surrounded by books of chemistry and science. Sawyer briefly nodded at him before looking back at her own reading.

OOC: She's huge, 6ft tall, with the shape of a bodybuilder. The left side of her face is scorched and her coppery skin is covered in blisters, scars and bruises. She's wearing an XXXXXL camp shirt with camouflage shorts and hiking boots. Her hair is greasy and held back by a US army bandanna. As for her facial features, they're chunky and asymmetrical -- she's the ugliest girl in Camp Half-Blood.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 3/23/2016, 12:11 pm

Josh saw a person sit next to him, a rather large person in fact. He turned his head slightly to look at her, she as a rather tall person, she also had the shape of a body builder. Her coppery skin was cover with blisters, scars, and bruises all over her body,the left side of her face was scorched petty badly and her features were asymmetrical.

Over all, she looked like his art work when he tried to draw a person, so I wasn't bothered much by her looks. I looked over to see was she was reading, I couldn't read it because of how small the writing was and from this angle the writing looked like uneven lines.

"What are you reading?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2016, 5:24 pm

"Something by Hero of Alexandria," Sawyer replied, her voice deep and masculine. "Another child of Hephaestus from back in the days. What about you?" she asked, glancing over at his stack of books.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 3/23/2016, 7:52 pm

"Uhh, well, this one is on magic and magical theories, this one is an herbal Encyclopedia, that one is potion manual, I also grabbed a spell book, then these last three are botany, astronomy, and chemistry books." I said pointing to each book im turn.

"I'm Josh by the way, what's your name?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/24/2016, 2:14 am

"Sawyer. Lemme guess, Hecate kid?"

So many new kids had arrived while she was at school, it was like half the camp had a different face.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/24/2016, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 3/24/2016, 3:05 am

"Yeah, I'm a Hecate kid."

I tried my best to hide my nerves, Sawyer looked like she could clock me anytime she wished, and I had no doubt that she could.
    I guessed Sawyer was a Hephaestus kid, judging by the books she had with her.

"Are you planning on building anything?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/24/2016, 8:47 am

She smirked, showing her even teeth. "I'm a child of Hephaestus, I'm always planning on building something." She unraveled another scroll. "Got seven projects up, one almost finished, the rest still works in progress." Finding an interesting passage, she immediately typed it up on her keyboard, which was glowing soft blue. White and streamlined, her laptop was self-made and could fold itself up into a thin square, like a CD package, with little extensions to hide the I/O ports when it wasn't being used. It was one of her prototypes that she had put a lot of work into over the years.

"And you, trying to brew some deadly potion?"
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 3/24/2016, 12:35 pm

So Swayer was always planing to build something, that's good to know. But working on seven different projects at once, I don't think I could work on three different projects at once, well not yet anyway.

"Potion yes, deadly no, I'm planning to make a sleeping potion."

I had trouble sleeping, I could use the sleeping potion to fall asleep at night, and use it on people who annoy me or on people who also have trouble sleeping.

"What projects are you working on?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/26/2016, 4:26 am

"Could you use that as an aerosol and spray monsters with it from afar?" she asked him, cause that could be a super useful tool. Just imagine the possibilities, also on mortals! Mortal police meant well but they had an ability to... arrest the wrong people when mythology was concerned. Sawyer knew that from experience.

"I'm working on a nanotech upgrade for my helmet, a new magic weapon, a lawnmowing robot for my grandmother, a piece of furniture for my room in cabin 9, a pair of defensive earrings for a friend of mine...," she enumerated, counting on her fingers, "a hairspray with a switch for Greek fire and a concept phone."
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 3/28/2016, 5:06 pm

"If I made it a certain way, possibly,"
    I said that would be a very useful tool when your out and about in the city, and good for pranks.

"Those are some cool projects." I said intrigued.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/29/2016, 7:14 pm

"Thanks," she smiled. It was always nice getting some appreciation. "By the way, if you need help with anything weapon-wise, just let me know."
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 4/3/2016, 1:57 am

"Alright I'll remember that, and if you need help with pranks or anything I'm sure I might be able to find a spell or potion to help." I said smiling, then I realised that I didn't have anything to make the sleeping potion in, I suppose I could borrow something from someone else but no one will probably let me borrow anything. I sighed.

OOC: I'm sorry about the late reply, but I got caught up with testing at school I had to study for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 12:11 pm