A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

New York City

SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 1768
    Registration date : 2012-03-10

New York City Empty New York City

Post by SilverMoon 7/31/2013, 11:46 am

Cecile listened to music as she watched the landscape of Long Island pass by. She was very excited for her parents to meet Lamount. Even though their home was in sunny California, they had moved to Brooklyn to be closer to their daughter.

The Brooklyn skyline, much shorter than Manhattan's, came into view. She nudged Lamount with her elbow, very excited. This was the first time she had seen her parents for awhile. "We're almost there!" She smiled widely.

Last week, she felt compelled to call her parents and tell them not to ask Lamount any questions about his past. At all.

"At all, honey?"

"No questions about his past whatsoever. He's... sensitive about it."

Her mom sighed, then consented. "Okay, sweetie. I can't wait to see you!"

Cecile was perceptive enough to know her parents didn't really approve of Lamount. Cecile couldn't describe it, but she knew she was Lamount's. She couldn't imagine a day without him, and knew no one could possibly care for her more. Being close to her parents, she sought to please them, but she couldn't imagine leaving Lamount.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

New York City Empty Re: New York City

Post by Holly 7/31/2013, 12:01 pm

Lamont nodded as he sat in the back of the car, nervous to be meeting Cecile's parents once again. Last time they had met it hadn't gone exactly well, and he knew they disliked him. Though that wasn't unnatural, not many people did like him. He was just shocked that he was with Cecile. They drive into the neighborhood of Brooklyn, and after a few minutes of Lamont imitating the accent try arrived at the home where her parents lived.

He stepped out of the taxi, walking around and opening her door so she could step out, smiling as he admired her as he always did, perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect girlfriend. They walked together, hand in hand until they arrived at the door, and she knocked. Lamont waited nervously as the door opened.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 7/31/2013, 12:39 pm

Cecile couldn't restrain herself, and ran into the arms of the person who opened the door. Thankfully, it was her father. He hugged her tightly. "Oh, Cecile, we've missed you so much." After they pulled away, her father turned to shake Lamount's hand. "Nice to see you Lamount." He clapped Lamount on the back, and then turned away to call Cecile's mother.

Cecile took Lamount's hand and led him into the living room, where they sat down, and then stood up again to greet Cecile's mother.

Tall and blonde, at first you would believe Cecile's adoptive mother was her real mother. Alas, a closer look at their features revealed they didn't look much alike at all. While Cecile's mother had hard, model like features, Cecile was much more soft. Their hair differed as well, her mother's hair being long and wavy, Cecile's being extremely curly.

Cecile gave her mother a long hug. Behind her mother was her little bother, who she positively adored. She opened up her arms, he ran into them. Even though Cecile was at Camp a good amount of the year, they were still extremely close.

She pulled away and held Charlie at arm's length. He was eight years old now, and was noticeably taller whenever Cecile saw him.

Charlie also looked different then Cecile. Adopted from Panama, he had dark brown eyes, tan skin, and dark hair. The total opposite of Cecile. Now that he was getting older, she watched him closely, looking for signs of that would reveal he is a demigod. She desperately hoped he wasn't, but also it would make them closer if he was.

She turned to Lamount and gently prodded Charlie towards him. "This is Lamount, Charlie. Say hi."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 7/31/2013, 4:32 pm

Lamont shook the hand of Cecile's father, and politely greeted the rest of her family too as he kept standing and sitting on the couch in the living room. He could tell they were on the wealthy side of society, several key things in and around the house made sure to point that out to the orphaned demigod. He didn't admit to them that he had no family, that even his 'family' of friends had left him, and instead simply smiled and acted polite, though he was sure they didn't like him.

He was dressed in clothes he had picked out, where usually it was Cecile who controlled his wardrobe. Dark jeans with a muscle tee, a black AC/DC sweatshirt on top. He had broad shoulders, and also a few inches taller than Cecile, but not that tall that kissing was awkward. On his wrist was a leather bracelet, and his camp necklace under his shirt as he sat there, keeping himself in check.

"You have quite a lovely place over here in Brooklyn" he told them, trying not to be too awkward in the house of his California girlfriend. He just didn't feel accepted as he watched Cecile having a great time, being with her family. For Lamont, he had never felt that feeling. The story of his life was far more sad. He had been found on the streets of Virginia when he was a mere toddler and had brought him into the orphanage that had say on the James River. He grew up slowly, easily bullied and one to stay locked in his room all day. An avid reader, he usually stole books from the nearby library. But that was his life, reading, little social interaction, being bullied. Nothing else had come into his schedule while he was growing up.

OOC / sorry it's short
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 7/31/2013, 5:22 pm

"Thank you, dear." Cecile mother smiled and gave a short, motherly hug. Even though Lamount wasn't her favorite, she still made an effort to make him comfortable. The poor boy was an orphan, after all. She could see Cecile, quiet and perceptive, being like him if she came from different circumstances.
    "I do miss our home in California, though. Much more privacy. We are considering relocating to Long Island."

Cecile rolled her eyes. "Mom, New York is close enough. Move to Long Island and you'll be breathing down my neck."

Her mother shook her head and lead the family onto the patio. The table was already set for lunch. It was evident that her mother had rolled at the red carpet for her guests. A beautiful blue table cloth laid on the patio table, and the table was perfectly set, the silverware gleaming in the sunlight. Beautiful peach glasses sat with just ice, pitchers for water and lemonade sat on the table. Fresh fruit and veggies were set in a buffet like style on a nearby table. The entree main was shrimp and steak shish kabobs: one of Cecile's favorites.

"Mom, you outdid yourself."

"Nonsense."

Cecile filled her plate and sat down next to Lamount. He seemed nervous. She took his hand under the table and squeezed it.

"So, Charlie, how's school?"

"Boring."

"What? How could school be boring? Especially for a smart boy like you."

He shrugged. "It's too easy."

They playfully bickered for a good portion of the meal. After they finished, Cecile's mother turned to Lamount. "So what do you do in your free time, Lamount?"

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/1/2013, 12:00 am

Lamont had been quiet the entire time, it felt just so unnatural for him. He was a poor orphan boy with a hot rich girlfriend whom he was eating with! He filled his plate with some food, not too much to be considered an overwater but what he thought was enough to start with. He sat down besides Cecile and ate slowly, listening to the bickering of her family and squeezing her fragile hand gently. It took him a moment to recognize he ha been asked a question and he perked his head up slightly, unsure what to say.

The Virginia boy kept looking at his plate, shy in the precense of such a wealthy family as he spoke. "Besides making sure your wonderous daughter is safe, there are a few hobbies and activities I manage to keep quite well in" he said, finishing his plate of the scrumptious food but still looking at it, playing with the residue that remained behind the food. "I practice making, using, throwing, and restoring old knees and weapons, reading a bit on my favorite parts of history and some musical hobbies here and there" he said, explaining himself when he fell silent.
    He kn
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 8/4/2013, 10:43 am

"Oh, you are involved with music? How lovely. What instruments do you play?" Cecile's mother asked Lamount.

Cecile carefully watched Lamount as he spoke. She could tell he was uncomfortable. It annoyed her a bit that he felt compelled to protect her. Cecile felt perfectly able to take care of herself. But, then again, she wasn't the best at fighting, and monster terrified her...maybe she did need protecting.

Cecile muddled over the issue of her lack of fighting skill as Lamount spoke. Could she protect herself? She had been at Camp Half-Blood for 3 years, so she had some advantage of experience. Still...She pushed the troubling thoughts out of her mind and concentrated on Lamount.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/4/2013, 10:43 pm

[centerLamount cleared his throat and looked at Cecile for a second, a soft smile upon his lips. Then he turned back to her mom and spoke. "Well, not really instruments....I'm more of the behind the scenes guy, mixing, editing, that stuff" he told her but quickly added. "But I do play the saxophone ma'am"

He was slightly more comfortable now, but he was still tense, since he was of course the odd one in the group. Well, at least Cecile's dad didn't have a shotgun.... He smiled inwardly at the thought before squeezing Cecile's hand under the table.

He hoped this would go rather well, but knowing his luck with Murphy, the entire thing would go wrong and he would get her parents on the bad side....or worse. Well, at least so far it was going ok.
    ][/center]
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 8/5/2013, 10:31 am

"Thats nice. We tried to get Cecile to play a musical instrument, but she could never sit still long enough to instruct her." Cecile's mom smiled generously.

Cecile smiled. Everything seemed to be going well. "You never told me you were musically talented. You will have to play for me sometime!"

Too soon for Cecile's taste, it was time to leave. Her mother and father walked Cecile and Lamount to the door. Charlie came down from his room to hug Cecile before she left. As she held her brother, she couldn't help but wonder when she would see him again.

Cecile's parents waved to the couple until they turned the corner. Cecile turned and smiled at Lamount. "That went well."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/6/2013, 1:38 am

Lamount nodded, smiling at Cecile as they held hands, walking towards manhattan from Brooklyn. "Yeah, your folks are really nice" he told her, a small twang of his southern speak coming into his tone. "So what should we do now? I don't really want to head back to camp yet..." He said, looking at the California blonde.

He wanted to perhaps go to the Statue of Liberty with her, or Ellis island or something that they could collect memories with. Battery park? Central Park? 5th avenue? There were tons of places in New York City that the young lovers could venture out and have a fun night. Maybe head over to Yankee stadium, or some of the giant skyscrapers that dotted the familiar skyline of the big apple. He honestly wondered if her parents liked him, and hoped they did.

~~~

~~~
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female
    Number of posts : 25506
    Registration date : 2010-03-20

Post by Wisey 12/27/2013, 10:45 pm

k. jacob and I were in his car, heading out to dinner together. "so where are you taking me?" i asked softly
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 21433
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by magnetonrobo 12/27/2013, 10:51 pm

Ja. "Wherever you want to go " I smile
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/27/2013, 10:53 pm

k. "i dont know what restaurants are here" i whispered softly.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/27/2013, 10:55 pm

Ja. "Pretty much anything. And then you need to be thinking about what you want to do after. "
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/28/2013, 10:49 am

"hmmm you said italian, sooo... ummm how about... olive garden?" i asked him softly and i looked at him sheepishly. "sorry im awkward" i whispered
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/28/2013, 1:52 pm

Ja. I smile "sounds good" I turn my head slightly " you're not awkward"
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/28/2013, 8:57 pm

k. I blushed softly. "yes i am" i whispered softly.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/28/2013, 9:00 pm

Ja. "No you're not" I say as I park the car outside the restaurant.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/28/2013, 9:46 pm

"hmmm fine..." i sigh softly. i then leaned over and kissed his cheek. "thank you" i whispered before getting out of the car quietly
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/29/2013, 1:03 am

Ja. I smile and follow her out of the car. I open the front door for her.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/29/2013, 9:46 pm

k. "why thank you kind sir" i whispered playfully, giggling softly.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/29/2013, 9:49 pm

Ja. I smile and follow her inside and get us a table.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/29/2013, 10:08 pm

k. after we got inside, i sat down with him and smiled softly before looking at the menu... so many good choices. "what do you want to get?" i asked him softly.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 12/29/2013, 10:10 pm

"Uhhhh, I have no idea," I say looking down at the menu.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/29/2013, 10:56 pm

k. "same" i whispered softly. I was also cautious with the money because being demigods, we didn't really have money to fling around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 11:47 am