A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Taking a break for once

Taking a break for once Empty Taking a break for once

Post by Guest 12/29/2013, 5:55 pm

Etso leaned on the trunk of an old oak. Sweat dripped down her face, and her bow was limp in her hand. She hadn't caught anything that day, and she'd been hunting for hours. She closed her eyes, exhausted, and decided to take a few minutes to rest...

What was that rushing sound? Could it be water? She remembered a creek being not that far away, but the name had slipped her mind. Running water means fish, and maybe even a drink.

She followed the sound and stopped. She had planned to try fishing, but exhaustion soon took over. She slid off her jacket and boots, leaving her in nothing but a thin army green tank and her cargo pants. This area of the creek was probably one of the deepest. Etso could tell it was somewhere around 5 feet at it's deepest point.

Etso took a deep breath, counted to ten, and jumped in. The freezing liquid chilled her aching bones, and she sat there, treading water, diving under the surface, and simply floating. Finally, she settled with just resting at the bottom of the lake for a few minutes.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Taking a break for once Empty Re: Taking a break for once

Post by Oli_Paxton 12/30/2013, 12:27 am

Aaron walked through the forest, his sword in hand. Apollo had made it a scorching hot day. Aaron silently cursed him under his breath. His right arm ached from the cut he received from a hell hound not too far from where he was currently. It was still bleeding, and he was out of ambrosia and nectar. "Now what Aaron? Die of blood loss?" He talked to himself. Leaning against a pine tree, he spotted an old creek.
    The sound of the rushing water made his bones freeze. "It'll fix my arm, atleast a little bit." He says. That's what he did when he was alone, talk to himself. He walked to the creek, and dipped his arm in it. The water was ice cold, and felt good on his cut. Almost instantly, the immense pain subsided. There was a sound behind him, a twig snapping, followed by a growl. The hound from earlier was back. "Come on man, I just fixed my arm, gimme a break." He says, but the hound pounces, and almost instinctively, he washes it away with the cold water. "Warned you." Then, seeing the clothes he just soaked. Aaron shudders. Most of the girls he knew at camp, were dangerous, and these were girl clothes. He slowly inches his way back into the forest, very carefully. Trying to not make any noise. He was scared that whoever it was, they wouldn't be happy. That was when he tripped into the creek, then coming face to face with her, Esto.

Post by Guest 12/30/2013, 12:47 pm

Etso shot out of the water and gasped for air, although it was unlikely that she needed it. She waited for Aaron to come up as well, mostly because the water felt so good and her bones were still tired. However, she did kick to a shallower area so she wouldn't have to keep treading. Gods, she hated beings so short.

Seeing Aaron was kind of a relief, although suddenly coming face to face with him underwater had been a bit shocking. Lanndon had found a new friend, so she had been all alone with no one to talk to all week. Not that she necessarily wanted to talk, but its nice to have some kind of human interaction every once in awhile.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 12/30/2013, 3:03 pm

Aaron came up for a breath of air. Seeing Esto was kind of relieving, but she would still get mad. Looking at her, he just kind of awkwardly uttered a word. "Hey..." He said. Swimming to where she was, his eyes darted to behind her, and a chill went up his spine. Her clothes were soaked, and he was scared to what she would do. "Esto, I haven't seen you around in a while. But before you get mad at me, lemme just say sorry, and don't hurt me." He says fastly. Hopefully he wouldn't need to repeat it. But it was good to see her. Lately there was no one to hang out with but his siblings, and that got old really fast. So he tried to be alone, or find someone else to hang with, but everyone was always busy.

Post by Guest 12/30/2013, 5:16 pm

Etso shrugged and began re-braiding her hair. "You'll probably here about it later, but right now. I'm too tired to care." she replied, glancing around at the trees and seeing her soaked jacket and boots. "However, I do see that I'll have to walk back to the cabin in wet boots and a cold coat." I shoot him a glare, and splash a bit of water at him with my hands.

"So, what's up? I haven't seen another human for a full week. At least, not awake. Everyone's always dead asleep when I leave." I step out of the water to lay my jacket out in a patch of sun, before sitting back down on the edge and dipping my feet in the water.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 12/30/2013, 7:28 pm

Sitting next to her, he shrugs. "Nothing's been up really, just trying to escape my siblings and find someone cool to hang out with. What's been up with you? I've actually been meaning to meet up with you again since last time, but I could never find you." He says. The Hell hound had ripped his jacket off, there was a rip in the right arm, but otherwise, it was fine. Going and picking it up, he tosses it to Esto. "Oh and here." He says as he tosses it. "Put it on if you're cold, or not, your choice really."

Post by Guest 12/31/2013, 1:23 am

I nod, accepting the kind gesture with something almost like a smile-n not an actual one, of course, but close. "Thanks," I reply, slipping the coat on. I notice the rip in the sleeve and smirk.

"So that's what happened to all the meat. You scared it off. Seriously, though, next time a hellhound attacks you, find me before killing it. Apparently fur clothing is completely in right now, and the Aphrodite girls will kill for a scrap of the stuff. Its insanity, really. They look like cave men in their rat-skin skinny jeans and horse-hair legwarmers or whatever." I notice a blueberry bush close to me and pick one of the fruits, popping it into my mouth. "I've never understood girls like that. I mean, how can you survive with all that extra weight, plus the fifty pounds of makeup you insist on carrying around everywhere."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 12/31/2013, 8:19 pm

"That's what those were?!" He exclaims. Aaron had seen those things around camp, and just assumed they were huge animals that made their way in. "So we're have you been for the past 2 and a half weeks? Like I said I couldn't find you anywhere." Aaron had been looking forward to seeing Esto again, but he was either being stalked by his siblings, or random things got in the way. Using his powers, Aaron picks up a ball of water and makes it float around, as he often did when he was starting to get bored.

Post by Guest 1/2/2014, 9:10 pm

I pick another blueberry, tossing it in the air and catching it in my mouth. "I've been out here, mostly. Either that or sleeping in the cabin. My brother has been hanging out with some new friends, and I'm using whatever break I can get." I reply, offering him a handful of the berries. "What about you?"

To tell the truth, I've been looking for Aaron, too. In the woods, on my way to and from the cabin. In fact, that was the last time I saw Sebastian.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/2/2014, 9:51 pm

"Oh I've just been working on my powers, hunting, and trying to ditch my younger brothers and sisters." He tells Esto. The day was coming to a close as the hot sun began to set. Taking the offered berries and popping one into his mouth, a loud "boom" came from beyond the trees, near the beach. "Oh that reminds me, would you wanna go to the fireworks at the beach with me?" Aaron asks, he'd never gone, and wondered what the fuss was about. "It's better than staying in the dark woods alone, and it might be fun." Aaron says with a small grin on his face.

Post by Guest 1/2/2014, 10:24 pm

I feel unfamiliar heat rising to my cheeks, and I hope he doesn't notice. "Yeah, sure. Just let me run by the cabin and change. I'll meet you at the beach in thirty minutes," I reply, noticing my wet clothes.

I stand up, grabbing my jacket and shoving on my wet boots. I'm about to leave when I notice I still have his jacket on. I shrug it off and offer it back to him.

OOC:Sorry about the short post. Who's creating the topic?
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/2/2014, 10:28 pm

"I'll see you there." He says before leaving for his cabin as well.
    Ooc: The event was already made. It's open to everyone, similar to the dance topics.

Post by Guest 1/2/2014, 10:31 pm

OOC: Okay, I bought you had to make your own private topic XD You post first?
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/2/2014, 11:11 pm

Ooc: posted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:56 am