A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+22
Jordan
Mango
proxyboy
Blaze
WolfGirl
Steve Rogers
Lady Reyna
GavinP
BlackJack123
xXSpiritXx
GwrachSeren
John
kaitycat4
Kat315
Desperate Souls
Ness99
daddeme
Snuffleasaurus
Edgar Allan Poe
QMeetsWorld
EverKat
WelshGirl
26 posters

The Lake

WelshGirl
    WelshGirl

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2012-06-17

The Lake Empty Water is fun, I guess

Post by WelshGirl 6/20/2012, 12:33 pm

There's a dream in my soul
    A fire that's deep inside me
    There's a me no one knows
    Waiting to be set free

The Lake Gif_justin_bieber_by_itsdennaadebieber-d4zzef6
    Kyle Ethan Knight
    Son of Apollo

Kyle literally had no idea why he wasn't at the amphitheatre right this second. That's where he wanted to be. That's where he longed to be. But no; the more controlling part of his mind was telling him that he should spend the day outside, considering it was a nice day. Kyle decided to be outside at the lake instead, making the most of the sun's heat and warmth. Kyle was a son of Apollo after all; he cherished the warmth.

With his matted-black guitar in his hand, a notepad in the other and a pencil between his teeth, Kyle walked across the pebbled ground, stopping right on the end of the harbor and sitting down so his legs were dangling just above the water. His hair needing to be smoothed down because of his snap-back, Kyle was at least glad that the sun was blinding his hazel eyes, being able to look out at the beautiful waves that glistened before him.

Smiling lightly to himself as he felt the rays upon his skin like a sun’s kiss, Kyle slowly stated to strum on the guitar, unsure why he had brought his notepad in the first place. He had initially planned on continuing with the cong he was working on, maybe trying to further the second verse in some way, but he had already started to play Grade 8 by Ed Sheeran. Kyle would most-likely get onto what he had come to do after, but right now he was preoccupied. He just had to play this song right now.

Not expecting for anyone to pass (stupidly), Kyle also had the courage to sing along to it; “My mind is a worrier, my heart is a foreigner…”

I'm gonna see that day
    I can feel it
    I can taste it
    Change is coming my way

{ If you wanted a good post, you should’ve made it xP }

Last edited by WelshGirl on 6/22/2012, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EverKat

Female
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2012-06-19

The Lake Empty Re: The Lake

Post by EverKat 6/22/2012, 12:59 pm

[left]"Nothing to kill or die for,
    And no religion too.
    Imagine all the people,

The Lake HaydenPanettiere
    Samanthat-Charlotte-Pierce
    A daughter of Demeter
    there could have been one hundred other things Sam could have been doing that didn't involve sitting around in her cabin, playing so music and just relaxing. Her brother had convinced her that she needed to get out more, make some friends even, but Sam had barely seemed to see that as a need. She had plenty of friends at camp. After all, she had been coming here for quite some time. It wasn't like she was new to all of this. She had friends, maybe not very many, but that didn't mean she didn't have a life.

The only was he had gotten Sam out of the cabin that day was by taking her guitar away anyway. She wondered why, as a little girl, she had always wanted an older sibling because they are just really annoying.

Her wavy blonde bounced slightly against her shoulders as she walked along the shore of the lake, humming a soft tune to keep her preoccupied. She had her usual outfit on: Camp T-shirt, shorts and flip flops, all placed over her two piece bathing suit she had decided to wear. It was summer, you never knew when you might want to take a dip in the lake or swim in the ocean. Or, if you were unfortunate enough, get attacked by a bunch of Hermes kids with water balloons. Sam didn't really think much of it because it wasn't that much of a big deal. It was summer camp. That kind of thing happened all the time. Unless, of course, you were a primped Aphrodite child who would just hate getting their designer clothes all messed up along with their fresh makeup.

Sam's feet now making their way to the start of the dock, she could not only hear the light fub of the water hitting the dock, but the soft strum of a guitar and a subtle hum of someone's voice from afar. Taking her eyes off the ground, Sam finally looked up to find a boy a little ways away, playing the guitar and singing a song she couldn't really place. Maybe if she got closer and a better hearing of the chorus...

She slowly made her way down the dock, towards the boy, stopping only a couple feet away, leaning against a pillar and just listening. Her eyes were narrowed as she listened, trying to recognize the tune. Her gaze was out among the water, finding the beauty of how the sun simply shone across it.

Living life in peace
    You, you may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one."

-sorry I haven't been on in like three days and left really abruptly that one day. I've been so busy this week Dx
    WelshGirl
    WelshGirl

Female

Post by WelshGirl 6/22/2012, 4:19 pm

Waiting to be set free

The Lake Gif_justin_bieber_by_itsdennaadebieber-d4zzef6
    Kyle Ethan Knight
    Son of Apollo

Every time Kyle’s fingers would hit the strings, he would be lost in the world of music once more. Music was the most important thing to him; it was his oxygen, his food and his water. If asked what Kyle’s biggest fear was – except from claustrophobia- he would always reply with becoming deaf. He couldn’t imagine a life worth living if it was without music. It was a living hell.

“…you’re strumming on my heart strings like you were in grade eight…” Kyle continued, his fingers quick and nimble as he didn’t falter once on the strings. He knew an instrument as well as he did the back of his hand. There was never going to be a chance of him strumming them wrong, or his voice collapsing halfway through a note drastically. His voice was always melodic and smooth, able to reach both falsetto and alto notes.

Kyle would have most likely continued with the second verse after the chorus if he hadn’t caught the flicker of movement in the corner of his eye, making his jump and thankfully not drop his guitar into the lake. Clutching the instrument close to his chest, Kyle stopped singing immediately, turning to find a girl watching him like she had been standing there for a good few moments. Kyle gulped, unsure whether he was meant to take this as a good sign or not. He wasn’t exactly used to having company, especially female company. He wasn’t all that experienced when it came to girls…

Getting to his feet quickly, Kyle’s hazel gaze examined the girl for a moment, holing the neck of his mated black guitar in his left hand; seeing as he was left-handed. He looked down at himself quickly, feeling a bit self-conscious with what he was wearing; Suprah sneakers, shorts and his camp t-shirt, with a snapback on his head. He felt like he should be wearing something more…impressive.

“Uh…sorry, am I getting in your way?” Kyle asked quietly, assuming that this girl had been trying to obtain this spot before him. Kyle would giver it up for her; he could go play somewhere else if she preferred.

I'm gonna see that day
    I can feel it
    I can taste it
    Change is coming my way

EverKat

Female

Post by EverKat 6/22/2012, 5:29 pm

sam had barely noticed that that the boy had stopped playing. Once she had stopped staring at him, finding it was probably not only awkward for him, but for her in her own kind of way. Her mind always thought things in different ways than others may have. She was someone who thought outside of the box, thinking of the most crazy and absurd things you had ever heard. Blame her ADHD because most of the time that was what she would blame her active imagination on, not that having that imagination was a bad thing. Sam was definitely someone who embraced who they were and was proud of that. Maybe sometimes she took that out-going kind of attitude too far, but depending on how you looked at that, it could have been a good or bad thing.

Sam only looked back towards the boy when he had spoken up, and her cheeks flushed a bit of red. She hadn't really meant for him to stop, but he did, and now he was talking to her, asking some odd question that didn't make much sense in her mind. Oops. He thought he was in her way? That was a first. She had really only been there to listen to his music and how he played. He definitely wasn't new to being a musician. He was good and from the look in his hazel eyes when he had been playing, he loved doing it.

Biting her lip and shifting her weight, Sam spoke up, choosing her words carefully, hopefully not saying the wrong thing. "Oh, you weren't in my way," She waved her hand and gave a short and subtle laugh. "No, I was just listening to you play. You're really good by the way. I mean, there are plenty of people who can play around camp, but that was, um, well, yeah. Great." Oh, gods. She was doing it again. Sam talked a lot just out of habit. It wasn't even because of nerves or anything. She just talked. "Sorry I disrupted you. Please, don't stop on my account. Um..." Sam's hand shot to her cheek, as she thought of something else to say. "Sorry, I'm Sam."
    WelshGirl
    WelshGirl

Female

Post by WelshGirl 6/22/2012, 6:12 pm

Waiting to be set free

The Lake Tumblr_m5voeuF1yu1r3ha1io1_r1_500
    Kyle Ethan Knight
    Son of Apollo

He wasn't good in awkward situations. Kyle really wasn't. Unlike this Sam, Kyle froze into a period of silence when a situation like this occured. He was honestly glad that this girl had decided to fill the silence with her mindless chatter. Kyle preffered this rather then what woule have been deadly silence for him. At least now he had an oppurtunity to escape this nervous feeling of his.

Rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, Kyle could faintly hear the gentle sounds of the water moving against the rocks behind him, so close to the edge. One step back and Kyle would soon be engulfed by the water, and that was something he didn't exactly wish for. He actually enjoyed being dry, considering that his sneakers had cost him quite a large amount of his dollars. His matted-black guitar wasn't cheap either, and Kyle didn't fancy wrecking it. Therefore, he shuffled forward away from the edge, making sure that the risks could be partially eliminated.

His hazel eyes going from Sam's to the ground, unsure where to look, Kyle put on his best and friendliest smile, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks. "Oh, I'm Kyle, uh, nice to meet you." He introduced, knowing that he probably just looked stupid."And thanks, I guess. Do you play?" Please say that she did, because it would give them then something to talk about.

I'm gonna see that day
    I can feel it
    I can taste it
    Change is coming my way

Last edited by WelshGirl on 6/24/2012, 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
    EverKat

Female

Post by EverKat 6/23/2012, 4:03 pm

sam's bright green eyes were open wide and full of wonder for the boy. He didn't seem to much older than herself, but she really couldn't place him. She was terrible with names, let alone talents and godly parents. He didn't seem very familiar, but maybe that was because she didn't get out much anymore. Strawberry fields, cabin, lake. That was pretty much were she went when she wasn't on the cabin schedule. She really needed to start getting out much more often.

Sam's smile grew just a little bit at Kyle's question. It was a soft and subtle expression, one of content and curiosity. She wasn't very good at talking about herself. She was very modest and thought that it was sort of rude to talk about herself. It was just another way that Sam thought that probably just wasn't very normal and sort of confusing to others. She liked focusing the conversation on the other person, but just by the way Kyle looked, he didn't seem to comfortable with her around or maybe it was for other reasons, but whatever the reasons were, Sam went along with them for his sake. And it was for music, so that couldn't be all that bad anyway.

"Yeah, I play." she said in a soft voice, she leaned against the pillar again, feeling a bit more comfortable than before, if that was even possible. "My dad had taught me when I lived with him." Unlike some campers, Sam wasn't really afraid of talking about her past. It wasn't very traumatic, or as serious as many others from camp. She had something short and to the point. It was an easy story to tell, especially after the time it had been since it actually happened.
    WelshGirl
    WelshGirl

Female

Post by WelshGirl 6/24/2012, 10:37 am

Waiting to be set free

The Lake Tumblr_m604p5xo6H1ry01s4o1_500
    Kyle Ethan Knight
    Son of Apollo

Hearing Sam speak, Kyle allowed his gaze to return to hers, memorized with her bright green eyes that were watching him so curiously. If anything, this made Kyle blush a little redder. Kyle had never been great around new people; especially girls. If he had run into this girl before being bullied, Kyle would have probably made her laugh by now, made her blush maybe. But that was just completely unrealistic for him now. Kyle didn’t want people to push him away. All he ever wanted was to care and love people; people had attempted to destroy that for him. Now he just felt like a shy little boy that blushed every time a pretty girl had tried to talk to him.

Slowly and out of being uncomfortable, Kyle sat down on the wood beneath him, perching his black guitar on his lap. He wasn’t the first to play for people; not properly. That was quite funny considering he wanted a profession in music; worldwide singer perhaps? Kyle would first have to get over his nervousness to letting people see the real him.

Letting his fingers lightly and quietly strum on the strings of the guitar, Kyle kept his hazel eyes on Sam’s green orbs, cocking one of his tidy eyebrows at her, finding her smile contagious and unable to stop his own from reaching his lips. “That’s awesome,” Kyle told her, now knowing that it wasn’t her Father that was her God parent. At least they didn’t belong to the same cabin and he had just forgot. “My mom taught me but music is already in my blood,” He shrugged, not really caring about the discussion of his family and past.

Not wanting to be rude or anything, Kyle stopped playing quickly and held out the guitar for her to take, cocking his head to the side as he watched her. “Do you want to…?” He trialed, motioning to the guitar for her to play if she fancied it.

I'm gonna see that day
    I can feel it
    I can taste it
    Change is coming my way

EverKat

Female

Post by EverKat 6/24/2012, 2:29 pm

while kyle had been talking, Sam had slid her back down the pillar she was leaning against and sat on the dock, facing him so they could still talk. She wasn't a good amount of space away from him. Only a good couple of feet lay between them. She watched again, how familiar his hands looked while strumming a guitar. His eyes may have never left hers when he played, but her gaze was focused on the instrument. She barely heard what he had been saying, only half listening, and was a little bit surprised to see him holding out the guitar for her to take. Her curiosity wandered again and she wondered who his godly parent might be. It could be a muse, maybe Apollo, or maybe he was just like her: A kid from a cabin where music has nothing to do with their parents and they just enjoy it.

Hesitantly, Sam took the guitar from his hands and flipped it around so she was holding it right handed. "Uh, yeah sure." Her fingers trailed along the chords feeling a bit awkward holding someone else's instrument. There was a subtle silence while Sam thought of something to play. She let out a short laugh and looked back up to Kyle. "I have no idea what to play." She said her smile coming back to her again as her fingers took a strum over the strings letting the quick sound of music fill the air but then go silent again.

"Um," Her fingers finally found the keys she was looking for and she just spontaneously started a song, whether it was a good choice or not, she just started it. She didn't even realize she started singing the first verse to Lights By Ellie Goulding. "I had a way then, losing it all on my own." Her cheeks felt a little red once she realized what she was doing, but didn't really come to stopping, just yet. Her voice became softer however and much lower in volume. "I had a heart then, but the queen has been overthrown."
    WelshGirl
    WelshGirl

Female

Post by WelshGirl 6/25/2012, 5:54 pm

Waiting to be set free

The Lake Tumblr_m604p5xo6H1ry01s4o1_500
    Kyle Ethan Knight
    Son of Apollo

Forgetting that most of the population were indeed right-handed, Kyle felt bad and slightly guilty for handing her his own guitar, but she had seemed to flip it over to make It usable for her. Still, Kyle had the urge to apoligise because he was just a nice, sweet and kind guy. "Uh...yeah, I'll left-handed...sorry..."

Taking off his fitted-cap and smoothing his soft brown hair down perfectly again, Kyle's friendly smile transformed into a grin as Sam started to sing and play at the same time. Her voice was beautiful, even though this Demigod wasn't familiar wither song-choice. The atmosphere radiated onto Kyle, and he was overcome with the need to know more about the girl, yet not before she had ended her song. To end a song halfway through was like showing up drunk to a Sunday service. In Kyle's opinion, it was one of the worst things one could do.

As he placed his snapback back on and with a gleam in his light eyes, Kyle couldn't focus on anything other than sam and her guitar right now. Absorbed, was Kyle. He tightened the studs in his ears as he let her melodic voice fill his ears and mind, the blushing having thanfully left his cheeks for this moment.

I'm gonna see that day
    I can feel it
    I can taste it
    Change is coming my way
    EverKat

Female

Post by EverKat 6/26/2012, 6:45 pm

sam's fingers trailed over ever chord smoothly. It felt nice to have a guitar in her hands again and it made her smile to just think what her brother would say as she was kicked out of the cabin because she was on a guitar so much and yet she just found another while outside. She couldn't live without music so maybe that was why it always found way back to her even in the most bizarre times. Her eyes flicked to Kyle's for a moment in time to see him smoothing down his hair, making her blush slightly. Feeling the heat on her cheeks grow she looked back down to the strings on the instrument and continued to play.

"You show the lights that stop me, turn to stone," Sam sang softly, coming to a close in the song. "You shine it when I'm alone." Here fingers strummed to the last chords and she uttered the last words, "Home," then bit her lips, finding the ending notes and playing them with one single strum. Sam kept her eyes on the guitar for another moment or so before looking up at Kyle again, seeing his eyes on her. She cleared her throat.

"Um, sorry, I kind of got a little carried away," Sam apologized consciously. She shifted in her seat on the ground and flipped the guitar back the way Kyle had it left handed and handed the instrument back to him carefully. She cared about her own instrument. Being careful with someone else's would be her first priority when handling their instrument. "Uh, here you go."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 6:06 pm

"at least get that stupid thing out of your mouth if you're going to go talk to her." Whitney snapped.
    "You're not the boss of me." Jase said, but took the cigarette out and smashed it on the ground.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 6:09 pm

It was quite better now, although the smell was impregnated on her clothes and hair.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 6:11 pm

Jase stood up and walked over to the girl in the beach chair.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 6:15 pm

Anita didn't notice he was approaching, since she was still asleep, even with that bunch of bugs.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 6:17 pm

"hey there." Jace smiled his classic crooked smile.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 6:19 pm

Anita woke up in a spasm just to see the cute face of a boy who was probably from the same godly lineage of her. "Hi. Sup?" She straighted, still half asleep.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 6:26 pm

Jase shrugged. "not much." he stuck out his hand. "Jase Waters."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 6:31 pm

"Anita Lambert." Anita said, shooking his hand. Her tone was a bit more firm than.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 6:37 pm

"would you like to go for a swim?"
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 6:39 pm

Anita always had a biased view about people she just met, doesn't matter how much friendly or attractive they seemed to be. Anway, that question sounded weird. She shrugged.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2766
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Post by Snuffleasaurus 7/12/2012, 6:56 pm

Tom the Salmon wrote:
    Ever Mercado wrote:I turned to see Matt. "Oh, no," I mutter
    Alonso looked at her and the guy who ranfomly plopped in. She probably meant this type of guys He thought. Maybe she wasn't as... Weird as you thought.
    Lets try to meet this guy.
    "Hey" Alonso said looking at him. He stepped closer to Kate "Who is this guy?" He wishpered quickly to Kate, hoping the random guy didn't noticed it. He obviously liked Kate. Alonso stood there awkwardly, looking at the guy.

I leaned over and whispered to Alfonso, still looking at Matt. "One of my many, many followers," I said, signing, straightening up. "Well, boys," I say. "I have things to do," I say, then leave

Last edited by Ever Mercado on 7/12/2012, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 7:07 pm

"Um.... Sorry.... I guess." Jase frowned, his eyebrows scrunching together.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/12/2012, 7:17 pm

"Kay..." She bitted her lip. The obvious question would escape anyway. "Who's your godly parent? Aphrodite, right? It's not that I..." Yeah. She did it. Anita wasn't very nice with unknown people.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/12/2012, 9:10 pm

"psh. Not Aphrodite." Jase lied.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/13/2012, 10:34 am

"I know it's Aphro." She said very seriously. "I can see it in your face. You're even similar to me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:59 am