A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Lake RP

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male
    Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2013-06-07

Lake RP Empty Lake RP

Post by Gimli00 7/15/2013, 6:00 pm

I didn't like water very much, it moved to much and you couldn't really do anything in it. I didn't hate it but I couldn't run in it or steal from it so to me it didn't have much of a point; other then to make you wet and to hold fish. The only good thing about lakes and oceans was it made beaches, which I enjoyed thoroughly.

There was a slight breeze as I walked across the sand. The sky was cloudless but that was to be expected here with the boarders protecting us from everything, even weather. I didn't know why I was at the beach, I preferred city's and forests to the sand and water but today seemed like a day to just go to the beach. The lake sparkled in the sun, the waves rolling onto the shore like a piano song. The beach was all but empty, kids ran around playing frisbee and talking with their friends, maybe I could pick pocket one of them.
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Lake RP Empty Re: Lake RP

Post by Bell 7/16/2013, 12:17 am

Terra was clearly having one of the weirdest days in her entire life.

She couldn’t believe her own mind, but it seemed like every unusual things wanted to come into her life…and either brighten up her day…or mess it up.  The other thing that bothered her was the fact that she was here for only a year.  She had stumbled across weird events…one of them involved a kid with a can sprayer. The other one involved a guy with a fluffy cat…and the last one…Terra preferred not to talk about it. It was just…awkwardly weird.
    And here she was now, walking across the lake, not knowing what to do next. She was having some guests…who were quite…unique…and she’d gotten pretty frustrated that she just left her bunk and walked straight to here. The guest was still in her bunk, supposedly, but Terra guessed that he’ll simply leave in a few hours…and then she could probably go back to her bunk and continue reading her newly-borrowed book.

But she guessed she could spend a few hours here, though. It was a pretty sunny day…with a hint of cool breeze. Perfect. She was thinking to go back to her bunk for a couple of minutes only to snatch her book before she hit a person.

“Ouch! I’m sorry!” she yelped as she jumped backwards. Terra silently cursed herself for being ignorant to her nearby environment. She could’ve avoided the camper if she didn’t think of her book and her bunk too much. Gah, she was stupid.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/16/2013, 1:51 am

I'd been bumped into before, even ran into but they were nothing compared to this girl who accidentally ran into me. I tumbled forward almost getting skewered by my own sword as I tried to pull it out of my sheath. I quickly used the momentum to launch myself back to my feet still fumbling to pull my sword out, but I had successfully hit my watch making a giant shield appear. I never was very quick with my sword and shield, I had always preferred my bow and arrows for fighting. 

I whipped around to see a girl around 14-15 years old. She had dark red hair and blue eyes, maybe a kid of Aries but there was something about her that told me she wasn't. She was a bit to small and skinny to be one but she did have a aura of power around her that made me keep my guard up even though I was slowly lowering my weapons. She looked shocked and a little embarrassed as she quickly apologized. I hit my shield turning it back into a watch and sheathed my sword. " It's all good, just an accident. " I look at her for a few more moments then extend my hand. "I'm Travis, son of Hermes, and you are?"
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/17/2013, 3:50 am

A nice camper...and a child of Hermes, no less? Terra was really, really lucky.

At first, she was afraid that the guy she just ran into was an angry looking child of any war gods present in the history of Greece. By the way he reacted, and with that huge shield and sword…she wouldn’t be surprised if he was really one.

And if the guy whose name was Travis was a real grumpy, then he would have shouted at her…and thanks to her short temper, she would absolutely have shouted back at him, and if the It wouldn’t be pretty awesome.
    She didn’t really have to worry now, though. She’d been long enough in this camp to know that children of Hermes are a bunch of smiley, happy campers…even though they can cause troubles, well, sometimes. As Terra regained her concentration, she noticed that the guy looked older than she was. She couldn’t guess his age, but she was sure of it. He was tall, yes, and with blue eyes and that dirty blonde hair, he looked like a normal, fine demigod…except for that stare.

Sometimes, Terra just didn’t like that kind of stare. In her opinion, when people do that, they are judging her, trying to decided whether she’s good or not. With her wild, wavy red hair and with her short temper, she can be easily being guessed as a troubled teenager. Gosh, she wasn’t one. She’s pretty much an obedient British girl. Well, sorry if she has that crazy hair and such a temper. It wasn’t exactly her fault.

But she answered, anyway.

“Terra Miller, daughter of Phobos. Pleased to meet you,” she said, receiving Travis’ hand and shook it lightly.

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/17/2013, 12:54 pm

A child of Phobos? I didn't see many of them at camp, they kept mostly to themselves and didn't talk to a lot of campers." He's like the god of fear right?" I asked full knowing who he was and what his children were capable of. I didn't have any irrational fears or really any fears at all so I hoped her powers, if she had any, wouldn't affect me too much but there were no promises, some people in the camp were really powerful. She seemed like a good natured person but Luke had as well and we all know what happened to him. I cleared my thoughts and turned back to Terra. " So what are you doing at the lake Terra, just looking to bump into somebody?" I ask teasingly.

I had always been able to get along with people unless they knew I'd stolen from them or I'd shot a blunt arrow at them, I'm sorry if I have unless you deserved it. But monsters hated me more then regular demigods ever since I'd stolen from a Monster Donut Shop. Every time I walked out of the boarders I hear something about donuts as a monster rushes at me. I slap myself mentally  for getting off topic and turn back to what Terra's saying. 
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/19/2013, 3:18 am

Terra nodded and flashed a grin. So this guy knew about Phobos. Well, even though her dad could be considered as —well—a pretty famous minor god and such, there were still campers who had no idea who Phobos was. Terra remembered some campers who mentally slapped her with blank expressions before she explained about who Phobos was.

And there were worse things than that. It turned out that some of the campers only visit her bunk if and only if they have some business to be finished. Some of them wanted to have more information about phobias while a few of them wanted to test their gut. Terra had seen a bunch of campers running away in such a horrible terror thanks to their…requests. Some of them did become her friends, but they were only few in numbers….urgh, why did she even think about such things now?

The only thing that mattered here now was only she and her introduction.

“Yeah, you got that right,” she said, her face was a mask of politeness. “Dad is god of fear, alright. He can blast people and monsters’ minds in a few seconds if he wants. I find his technique pretty handy in desperate situations.” Her mind was filled with scenes of monster fighting before she stopped and realized that Travis was asking another question.

“Uh,” she shifted uncomfortably. “Nah, I was running from my bunk. Some unique guests inside, but I guess I don’t really want weird events to happen to me today.”

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/19/2013, 8:41 am

I had to laugh good naturally at this one. She doesn't want anything weird to happen to her, well I was really weird. Most of us had ADHD, yet if possible I would have ADHD-ADHD. I think I'm actually made out of pure energy because thats what it feels like. As if right on cue I start tapping my foot and by tapping I mean bouncing.

" Yeah there are some really weird people at camp, but what did you expect? We're children of gods, so yeah." my words fall short at the end because I get momentarily distracted by a bird that flys overhead. I try to pull myself back together and look back at Terra. My mind drifts back to the first thing she said about her dad and his techniques. So she did have powers, that just wasn't fair. I had always wanted powers and all I got was ADHD-ADHD and a few other things.  I actually kind of had a power but not really; I could almost gather all information from everywhere in my area simultaneously. To prove this point I heard something flying at my head, ducked, then caught a frisbee that someone had miss thrown. I turned around and tossed it back to them then turn around again. "Sorry about that, I can get a bit distracted." 

I called this more of a curse then a gift, yes it was helpful at times but everyday for your entire life? People didn't wonder why I was so weird when they found this out about me. Which somehow brought me back to Terra, she had slipped through my senses somehow. Nobody had ever done that before, so how had she?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/20/2013, 8:19 am

Terra couldn’t help it but to join him laughing.

“Demigods are…well, weird, yes.” She answered back, smiling a little bit. “Some of them have cute pets, some of them have unique attitudes, some of them have awesome powers, but I guess most of them are awesome. My ‘unique’ guests are also awesome, but I assume that they’re being awesome in their own way, which I don’t quite like.”

Whoa, so much ‘awesome’ words were being said in those last sentences, but Terra didn’t mind. Travis had been nice to her, was that possible that he wasn’t one of the campers who only want her ability? She surely hoped that it was true. To add one more friend to her short list of friends would be pretty much cool.

And then Travis got distracted. Of course, she didn’t mind. He could drool, play with a Frisbee, or even get a short trip to dream land as long as he didn’t start to mock her because of her scary, weird power.

“No problem, distractions and things like that are also common for demigods. Just don’t wander off in your imagination land when you’re fighting monsters,” she said, before adding in her mind grimly, ‘if you don’t want to get a painful present from them’. She touched her left arm, where there was still a long scar from her very first battle in her entire life. Her expression saddened…which was pretty far off from her last expression. The thought alone took her back to the past…the moment when she had to encounter a monster on her way to the camp…and she remembered the screams…the shower of arrows…

Terra shook her head.

“See? I got distracted too. Sorry about that, though.” She said apologetically.

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/21/2013, 11:49 pm

I smiled and pretended like I didn't notice her change in emotions." Yeah it's all good, we all get times like those." My mind was working on over drive, what did she mean by 'Just don’t wander off in your imagination land when you’re fighting monsters'? Then I notice her rubbing a long scar on her arm and put two and two together. How did it happen? Wait never mind I didn't want to know. The problem was I did go into my 'imagination land' all the time when I was fighting monsters yet I would still be completely aware of the monster. I also wondered what her powers could do but I wasn't into all the dark fear stuff , it just creeped me out. I liked sun and everything that came with it; usually right now I'd be running on trees around the forest until I couldn't run anymore. Yet I just had to ask or it was going to kill me. " So you got any powers?" 

I also wondered who her 'unique' quest were as well, she didn't seem to fond of them that was for sure. There were a few campers that were, well, mean, selfish, users, and just not that great. So I got what she was saying, a lot of us were like that. We couldn't help ourselves, it's in our nature. We are repulsive and energetic, and with that my bouncing increased with me starting to twiddle my thumbs and run my hand through my hair. I really hated being this energetic, especially when I was talking to people, like now. I hoped I just passed off as a 'normal' ADHD demigod but that's a bit hard when you're into a minute conversation and your body already start to freak out.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/23/2013, 11:53 pm

Now that was surprising.

Terra didn’t expect him to ask such a question. For all she knew, most campers didn’t even want to find out about her power. She didn’t complain, though. Her power wasn’t really that great. It was rather creepy…and scary. Terra couldn’t blast water, like demigods who have water gods as their parents. She couldn’t grow even a small plant, like people from Demeter cabin. She wasn’t good at archery like Apollo campers. Instead, she was put in cabin 25 with an evil power as an addition.

Terra hated to use her powers, but yet, she still did it. It was the only way she could survive. No monster would ever walk to her sight range if she indicates that she is currently preparing to use her power. No camper would dare to approach her when she was angry—she might burst in evil laugh while giving off nightmares to the campers. The truth said the exact opposite. No one had made her so angry to use her power…except for one guy…and she still regretted doing it, until now.

Terra tried to swallow a virtual raw meat which was stuck inside her throat for the last few seconds. She unconsciously rubbed her scar and tried not to sound too bitter about it.   “Well, yeah. You see, Travis, I do have a power.” She stopped for while before she continued with extra carefulness. “I can animate people’s fears. I can make them look really real in, and only in your eyes. People’s reactions actually depend on how scared they are to the things that I animate.”

OOC: I'm really, really sorry for not posting yesterday!
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/24/2013, 8:58 am

I nodded, I'd heard and experienced it before from one of my 'friends' when Luke had attacked camp. It had scared, no scared couldn't define it, terrified me. So how to make sure it never happened to me again? Befriend anyone and everyone I met so that no one would want to, especially the shy and unique kids. Besides its always nice to have friends at camp who won't think you're a freak, I knew what it felt like to be one and I didn't want others to feel like that. Our lives were hard enough, why make it harder on others? Besides if you have someone to remember you you can never truly be alone or die.

She seemed to hate her powers, fear them a little herself. I understood yet could she also do the opposite? She animate fears but could she also animate hope? Fear is a psychological attack so all she had to do was reverse what she wanted to do and you get hope. I'd seen it happen before but most couldn't do it so I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't.

I then tried to explain this to her but I just couldn't get it to sound how I thought it. "So can you,like um, create hope instead of fear?" I felt like slapping myself in the face for saying it but I couldn't take it back now.

ooc: Its alright I don't mind waiting
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/25/2013, 3:42 am

Terra hated to say this, but this camper sure started to annoy her. At first, she didn’t bother much about him asking questions. She didn’t mind at all. At this point, people would most probably run away in fright…but Travis didn’t even take a step back—it was a miracle—but…

"So can you,like um, create hope instead of fear?"Travis asked.

The question hit her in the head. Why did he have to say that? There are tons of questions in the world, but why—why did Travis choose to ask something very similar like this: “hey! That’s a creepy power. Can you actually turn it to be…you know, good for other people?” Terra wanted to yell at him. She felt like a heavy rock was put on her shoulders. Phobos was a god of fear, and fear was the only thing he could freely control. Travis should probably knew that all of Phobos’s children follow that trait.

“If this is a joke, Travis,” Terra started, her voice gradually getting higher. “This is lame. Bloody—“ Terra tried to restrain herself from cursing. Her voice went slack and she continued helplessly. “No, I can’t. Phobos campers are only meant to manipulate fears. That’s it. If you’re looking for flashes of hopes, campers of Apollo would be happy to help you.”

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/25/2013, 8:50 am

I don't react to anger very well. I always like to be the optimist so when I hear someone be angry or pessimistic it just doesn't sit well with me. I dropped my head and looked at the ground not wanting to maker her more angry at me. I guessed I did something that no one else probably did when they learned of her powers, I imposed on something that probably was a touchy subject for her then tried to turn it into a good thing. I kicked the sand and felt the sand crunch between my toes. It was possible that I was duped and the guy that had turned fear into hope was just a fake but I doubt I'd ever know now with him being dead and all. 

"No it's just I've seen it before. Some guy did it a while ago when I was a new camper, but I may have just been mistaken or tricked." I had not once looked up as I talked although I felt her impatient shifting as she tried to calm herself down. I turned and looked into the lake, it's waves rippled across the once still water. I noticed that some kids behind us running, probably playing frisbee, before they all ran and jumped into the water. I felt like running into the woods again or jump into the lake with the others I wouldn't bother her and to think. I started rocking to the rhythm of the waves rippling back and forth across the water. 

My hands started shaking from my energy, not a good sign, so I clasped them together.  I was nervous as well, I didn't want to upset Terra anymore then I already had, she seemed to be having a bad enough day anyway. I cleared my throat and said "Yeah sorry my bad, I must have been mistaken."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/26/2013, 10:40 am

All that Terra wanted to do now was to run. She wanted to run away from her embarrassment, from her emotions, from her mental fear, and from a sentence of apologize that she didn’t even deserve to receive. She looked down at her feet, trying not to look too nervous. She still felt angry, but not as angry as before…and when she sat on the grass near the lake, she sighed in desperation.

A sad, old thought came back to her mind. Things always went wrong as soon as her short temper takes over. Since the beginning, Terra wasn’t really known as a friendly camper. Her horrid title, however, wasn’t necessarily her fault. She didn’t earn it because she wanted to. It was an accident…

It brought back memories. That day…she was just trying to get some rest. That’s all…but then a camper came. The memory almost faded and she didn’t remember his name, but the event was surely the event that she couldn’t erase. Somehow, the camper had made her really angry that she couldn’t control her temper and accidentally used her power. It was dreadful. The camper was terribly afraid of the fear Terra had brought back…and he slashed himself. The camper did not dead, but Terra was so scared that she had almost cried when she brought him to the infirmary.

And now, she couldn’t afford to repeat the past again.

“No,” she said in shame. “It’s okay. I’m sorry for being angry about that small thing. I was foolish.” She desperately hoped that Travis won’t do anything that may trigger her anger. If he—gods forbid—if he manages to do that…well…he might as well has clicked his own self-destruct button.

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/26/2013, 12:29 pm

I watched as she looked down in shame, not something that I had intended to happen. She sat down on the grass and seemed to be swallowed up in a sad memory. It was a really horrible memory from what I could see. It reminded me of the Titan War, of all the fights and blood shed. To walk over the body's of your friends and family do you could destroy the monster that had struck them down. Yet you still knew no matter how many times you destroyed the monsters in a few years they'd be back to fight again. I had learned there not to fear the monsters or even death but other things that people should be afraid of. I was afraid of failing my family here, of having them die and leave me alone, something I would never let happen.

I glanced down as Terra started talking again. She apologized about being angry and called herself foolish. I didn't think so she had every reason to be angry at me do I didn't blame her.

"No it was my bad, I over stepped and presumed something I shouldn't have."

I thought about sitting down with her but quickly declined it with how much energy I had today. I had unclasped my hands and had started drumming on my legs. I knew if I kept this up I was going to implode from all my energy.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/30/2013, 5:21 am

Terra looked up and smiled bitterly.

After all things she’d said…after she went angry…Travis didn’t run away. He didn’t leave. He didn’t take a step back away from her. His actions flattered her in a way, but they also scared her. For Terra, being angry was really bad. It was one of her flaws. A dangerous one.

Out of so many things that might break her concentration, anger was the biggest problem. She had to keep her mental cool and cheerful, even in battles. People tend to scream and be…quite angry when they fight their enemies. Terra couldn’t do that. She had to concentrate and focus her power only to the targets. If something went wrong…her power could attack wrong targets—her allies, the other campers, for example—or worse…it could backfire. If things went out of control…if she lose the battle against her own anger…and if Travis decided to be mean…Terra couldn’t imagine what doom he would receive.

And she couldn’t forgive herself if it happened.

She looked at Travis once more and realized that he was acting weird. He jumped around…and kept holding his hands…it seemed like he was anxious to go. Terra wasn’t so surprised with that, but she was happy to make it an excuse.

“Feel free to go, Travis,” she told him as she stood up. “I guess…I guess I’ll just go back to my bunk. Thanks for talking to me.”

OOC: I was kinda grounded, sorry for not posting.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/30/2013, 9:32 am

I was slightly confused as she stood up, did I do something else? I realized it was my bouncing and energy, she thought I wanted to go. "Oh no, sorry I don't want to leave its just my mass ADHD working up. But if you want to go talk to your friends that's cool." I realized I said this about a million miles an hour and hoped she caught what I said. I knew that I needed to calm down but the only things that did calm me down would be really weird and rude to do at the moment. Then just on cue one of the campers, Apollos kids I imagine, starts playing a guitar behind Terra. The music calms me and I start swinging to the music before I realize it. I loved music, it was the only thing that really worked to calm me down besides a few other things. In fact I actually listen to music when I'm fighting, it helps me focus in on everything without the blur and confusion. 

I mental slapped myself, again, and looked at Terra. She look afraid for me. Like she was afraid I'd say explode at any moment, and with the energy I had I wasn't surprised but something told me it wasn't. Almost like she would do it to me if I said the wrong thing. I tried to comfort myself saying 'Hey you've had it done to you before, you can beat it now.' yet I still knew if I pushed her bad things would happen to me. Instinctively I clawed over my heart and pushed outward, an old gesture to fend off evil. 

ooc: it's all good
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/31/2013, 11:30 pm

Terra looked at Travis blankly. He had made her startled by doing some bravely crazy actions—gosh, most of logical campers would want to take a few hundred steps back…all of them would know that standing beside an angry, short-tempered girl with scary power who is definitely planning to make them targets for her power is not the smartest thing to do. Yet, he was still here, standing on the green grass of the lake area, facing Terra in her angered state. Was he out of his mind or not, Terra didn’t have any idea. And now he said that he didn’t want to leave. This guy really liked to surprise her, didn’t he?

Terra mentally scratched her head as Travis tried to answer her last statement. A few moments later, a light bulb inside her head turned on. Ah, ADHD, Terra thought. She wasn’t really familiar with this…ADHD thingy since she didn’t have that kind of problem…but she’d learnt about it since most of the campers present in Camp Half Blood are ADHD.

Then, Apollo campers came with a bunch of instruments—guitars, mostly. As they started to play and sing, Terra realized that Travis liked music. He seemed to enjoy the music and he kept moving, following the rhythm. Terra couldn’t help it but to grin. She too, liked music. Music, in fact, was one of the things that can help her to calm down. As she hummed the song Apollo campers were playing, her anger started to melt away. Terra sighed in relief.

Feeling happier, Terra turned to Travis. “Ah, thank you, but I don’t think I’ll go anywhere. I just changed my mind, and my friends are most probably busy doing something.” She glanced at the guitars and smirked. “But I have done something quite terrible, yes? Well, I would be happy to borrow one of those campers’ guitars and play a song as an apology.”

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 8/1/2013, 1:30 am

I watched Terra as she to seemed to enjoy the music. It was as if the anger was ripped out of her and like me, calmed down. She smiled and I concluded that she looked a whole lot better smiling then being angry. She sighed and turned down my offer and I couldn't help but smile. Yet that wasn't the best part, that was she said she'd do an apology song if she had a guitar and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay I think I can do that."

I turned and walked over to one the Apollo kids and asked if I could borrow one of their guitars but they refused. I quickly pulled out a few hundred dollar bills and exchanged it for the best guitar the group had. Thanking them I started walking away but not before I'd stolen two wallets and a golden watch from the group. I chuckled to myself and hoped they didn't notice until later. I check one of the wallets to find four gold drachmas and $30, the other only had $20 inside it. Not much pay back but the watch I knew was a few hundred dollars at least. I walked back not sure if Terra had seen but at the moment I didn't really care.

"Here you go, you can play that song now."

I handed her the guitar but not before I'd checked to see if it was in tune. The guitar was light brown that darkened into black in the middle. It was really nice and it sounded amazing from the few cords I had played when I was choosing. I really hoped she was being serious but if not no big deal I had always wanted a guitar.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 8/2/2013, 1:58 am

Terra was going to walk to the Apollo campers to borrow the guitar when Travis made his way to the instrumental people. Terra’s eyes widened, but she didn’t do anything since Travis was already halfway to the campers. She didn’t have any ideas why he did that, but well…that action might help them to get the guitar easier. As Terra watched closely, she recognized some of the campers. Some of them were people who, apparently, had seen her in her angered state of mind. Borrowing a guitar from them could have been pretty hard…or super easy.

She shrugged and sat back onto the ground. She had decided that she would leave the borrowing problem to Travis…and it was best for her not to disturb such ‘delicate’ work. So, instead of watching them, Terra faced the lake and started to think.

What song should she play?

Terra’s mind concentrated as she watched the lake more intensely. The Day after Tomorrow by Saybia? Nah, the song’s too melancholic. How about Radioactive? A part of Terra’s brain spoke. Terra replied, It isn’t the right time to sing a bloody good song about revolution by Imagine Dragons. Hmm…then, another part of her brain started singing Pompeii by…what’s the band called? Bastille. Terra smirked. What are the chords for that song again? D, A…

By the time Travis returned, Terra had memorized back the chords of the song. She smiled and murmured “Thanks,” as she retrieved the guitar. It was truly a nice guitar. Terra couldn’t help it but to think that this guy had a good taste. How did he manage to borrow that good instrument from the Apollo kids, she did not know. Probably he just persuaded them with some good persuasive skills. Who knows?

Her hands automatically strummed the guitar. In no time, she’d started to play the intro of the song…and she started to sing. But if you close your eyes…does it almost feel like nothing changed at all….and if you close your eyes…does it almost feel like you’ve been here before…how I’m gonna be an optimist about this…how I’m gonna be an optimist about this…

By the time she finished the song, Terra was satisfied. She hadn’t played a single instrument for the last three weeks… It felt really nice. She smiled as she looked at Travis, waiting for his reaction.

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 8/2/2013, 2:00 pm

I missed music do much at camp, yeah the Apollos kids had sing alongs and stuff but I missed just sitting down by myself playing on the piano or guitar. I was much better on piano but they were in short supply here at Camp-Half Blood. I had only heard the song a few times and didn't know it perfectly but I couldn't help but sing with her inside my head. It wasn't that I was a bad singer it just I didn't feel really comfortable singing out loud to others. She was good though and she could really play. I wondered if she had ever taken lessons and if so, teach me. I couldn't read notes or tell you an A cord from a E, I learned by ear or if someone else taught me the song. It just came naturally to me and after a week or so of just finding the cords I could play the song easily.

I had to laugh as I noticed the Apollo kids. Their mouths hung wide open and they just stared at Terra and I didn't blame them. They were kids of a god of music and they just got mass showed up by Terra. I couldn't say anything else either, she was way better then me too and I just wanted her to play it so I didn't have to embarrass myself. There were a few songs I could play really well but it had just been so long I didn't know if I could still play them.

"That was amazing, you're really good!Where did you learn how to play like that?"

I truly was curious about that, she was amazing where did she learn? Was she like me and taught herself? 
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 8/3/2013, 11:23 am

Terra chuckled.

She had not trained her voice for a quite long time, since…well…never mind about that. She couldn’t imagine if she started singing in such bad, crappy voice in front of Travis. It would not make a good apology song. Thank goodness she made it. Her un-trained voice turned out not to be too crappy, after all, and she was very glad that all went well.

But as she looked at the Apollo campers nearby, she thought that she should cross off her last sentence. It seemed that it went too well. Their faces looked like they had been flattened by a big truck. Some had their jaws opened really wide that Terra had to force herself not to laugh evilly and yelled ‘HA. Beat that!’ Well, sorry if she was good at singing and playing guitar. It wasn’t necessarily her fault. Part of it was her talent’s fault.

She looked back at Travis with a bigger grin. “Thank you. I haven’t sung a song to people for a quite…long time. And to answer your question…” Terra stopped and hesitated for a moment. But then, a part of her brain slapped her mentally. He had listened her singing, he had borrowed a guitar for her, and he had been nice to her. It was okay to be honest. She smiled once again and continued. “I was used to attend guitar courses, but I stopped one or two years ago. Since then, I’ve been training myself using some teaching books.”

She looked at the guitar and handed it back to Travis gently. “Thanks.”

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 8/3/2013, 2:18 pm

I nodded, it didn't really surprise me with how good she played. I had never gotten the opportunity to have a teacher with us always moving and never having money. So I taught myself how to play and I played whenever I could. Then I landed here and I kind of just forgot about it. I turned to listening to others play and stopped playing myself, something I regretted immensely. 

She offered me the guitar and I gently take it from her. With out realizing it I started to play Time of you Life by Green Day, one of my favorite songs. I also started singing and although it wasn't my thing she had done it for me so, why not? 

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
    Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
    So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
    It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time....

I continue with  the song, not really caring how I sound until the end of the song. I glance over at the Apollos kids, they didn't seem as impressed by me as they were of Terra. They didn't jeer at me either so it wasn't horrible then. I glanced back at Terra still strumming random cords "Yeah you're better then me." I nod to the Apollo kids smiling " The judges have spoken."

ooc: I'm going to be gone until Friday if you want to wait if not that's cool too.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 8/10/2013, 6:27 am

Terra nodded back politely and smiled. She was pretty sure that Travis would take the guitar and leave Terra…since she’d finished her apologize…but—oh, he was a surprising camper, indeed—no, he didn’t. Instead, he started to sing this song…this particular song which rang a small bell in her head. Again, it was another surprise by Travis. Was his life dedicated to surprise people? Terra mentally slapped her head. Gah, she was repeating things. She shook her head and focused back at Travis and his song. Apparently, it was quite a good song. She had heard this song a few times…in some places…

And Terra smirked as she started to hum the song.

When Travis finished the song, Terra clapped her hands politely…and when Travis talked about how better she was, she looked at the Apollo campers. Their faces were not as flabbergasted as before, but they looked at each other in a shocked manner. Terra looked away in satisfaction. She was really happy to give those kids some lessons, but Terra took a glance at Travis and remembered to keep herself calm and not too…arrogant.

“Nah, you’re good,” she replied, smiling.

OOC: I'm fine with that.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 8/11/2013, 2:10 am

She turned and smirked at the Apollo kids like 'Hey we're not kids of a music god and we're still better then you, so you can suck it!" the thought made me laugh because it was kind of true. I wasn't being cocky or anything it was just the truth and the other kids knew it too.I turned back to her talking to me. I knew she was just trying to be nice and say I was good and I appreciated it but we both knew she was better then me.

"Yeah I'm alright; just haven't played for a few years."

I started strumming random cords until I found a few that sounded good together and before I knew it I started making a little song. It sounded vaguely like "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy.

I really did miss playing music and I loved having this new guitar but I missed playing the piano just a little bit more then the guitar. I wondered if I could get a Hephaestus kids to make a keyboard for me and I mentally marked it down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:24 pm