A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+5
Jules_Mcguelz
kaitycat4
daddeme
Maggie Chase
Kendall
9 posters

New Year's Fireworks

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

New Year's Fireworks - Page 2 Empty Re: New Year's Fireworks

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 12:07 am

"Oh hey Est-" he was cut short after he noticed her. "Well you look....different." He awkwardly says. It was true she looked different, but a good different. He was used to seeing her not dress like a girly type of girl, so he was taken aback for a second or too. "Um." He clears his throat. "Thanks for the snacks." He catches himself staring. It was odd. Most likely someone like the Stolls pulled a prank and replaced her stuff. Happened to him before but with a chicken suit instead. He felt different around her, like, good different. It was weird, because he never felt like this.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 18961
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 12:09 am

Josephine peered at the other couples, they appeared to be making out. "Uhm." Josephine's cheeks turned red and she pointed it out to Blaine.

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 12:43 am

"Oh, shut up," I reply, but I'm not able to hold back a smile. "Be happy whoever did this left me a dress instead of a swimsuit. That would've been embarrassing."

I grab a piece of popcorn and toss it in my mouth. "What time is it?" I ask, wanting to know how long we would have to wait for midnight.

I take a sip of the hot chocolate and continue listening to the loud boom of the fireworks. How could I have missed this for 14 years of my life? The lights reflect against the silvery surface of the ocean, and I finally see how some of my siblings can see the water as such a beautiful thing. I've always seen it useful, but never this powerful.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 12:44 am

Blaine looked to where she was pointed and felt his face heat up. "O-o-oh. Uh..." He scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 12:53 am

Josephine looked down at the ground. She could have sweated her face was creating fog with te cold air hitting her hot face. "Erm..."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 1:00 am

Aaron takes a look at his watch before taking a sip of hot chocolate. The watch was stuck at 6, but it definitely wasn't that early. "My watch is broken, but I believe we still have a while to go. And swimsuit huh? Maybe I'll tell Connor and Travis about that." He mutters under his breath jokingly. "You know, the day we met we drank hot chocolate together like this...." He mutters, looking up at the lights as they burst. The water reflected them, making the lights even more spectacular then they already were. The moonlight glowed off the the shoreline, to where they were sitting. This night was good for him.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 1:01 am

Awkwardly, Blaine turned her head to his using three fingers and gently placed a kiss upon her lips. Of course he wasn't going to do what the other couples were doing. That would be weird. Also, he just assumed that the whole kissing thing was only tradition. His eyes opened slowly as he pulled away and watched the fireworks again.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 1:09 am

Josephine blushed and didn't speak after the kiss. That was sorta awkward...but romantic She secretly put her fingers to her lips and smiled. She leaned back against his chest and watched the fireworks.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 1:14 am

Blaine smiled and sneaked a glance down at her. Yes, it was strange. But Blaine enjoyed how confusing their friendship was. It added more chapters to their story.

Ooc: Let's wrap this present up, yo

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 1:15 am

"Yeah..." I reply, turning to look at him for only a second. Once I look though, I can't turn away. "I guess tonight's another first for me, huh?" I laugh, watching the colors reflect in his eyes and glow across his face. In between bursts, the moonlight shown pale across his features, before exploding in color once again.

I turn away quickly. Dammit, Etso, stop it!

"So, what else do people do on New Year's?" I ask, pushing the thoughts out of my mind.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 1:18 am

Ooc: sounds good foo! Lol they are hopeless xD

Bic: As the fireworks slowly died out Josephine found herself tired. It had been a long and strange night. She stood up and stretched out her arms. "I think I'm gonna hit the hay." She turned to Blaine and cleaned up their empty cups.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 1:22 am

Aaron turned to her. "Well most people have parties, go out for drinks, and well...When the clock hits midnight, they do what most of the guys and gals are doing right now over there." Aaron points to a couple who are already in the process of kissing. "Geez, wait for midnight." He thinks. The moonlight reflected off of Esto, basically making her glow. The sound of the fireworks drowned all of the noises o the other campers out. She looked so amazing under the stars and fireworks. If he could make this last forever, he would. But alas, the first of January drew closer.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 1:22 am

Ooc: It's sad to watch. *sigh*

Bic: Blaine yawned and stood, gathering the blankets. "Alright, then..." He scratched the back of his neck again while Foster curled across his shoulders. "Uh...Want me to walk you back or are you good?"
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 1:24 am

Josephine smiled. "You should walk me...who knows mabye there's some bad ares kids waiting to beat me up." Josephine chuckled and petted foster.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 1:32 am

Blaine smiled as Foster purred. "Okay. Let's go then."

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 1:36 am

I sighed quietly, watching the fireworks bounce off the stars and drip into the ocean. Somewhere, in the same salty water washing up on the sand in front of me, is a small island where the wreckage of a boat still sits. I wonder if you can see the fireworks from the island. Probably not, or else I would've seen them. But maybe I just missed them...

I'm pulled back to the present by some guy yelling something across the beach. His words spread quickly, however, and I find out that there's only 5 more minutes left till midnight.

"So, what do you want to do with the last five minutes of the year?" I ask, not turning away from the sky.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 1:37 am

Josephine looped her arm into his and smiled. "And were off!"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 1/3/2014, 1:40 am

Blaine laughed and left.

Ooc: These short posts are killing me. I think I'm done with Blaine for the night.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 1:43 am

"I suppose there's nothing I can do, then spend the last of this year with an amazing, beautiful girl." He mutters. He just continues to look at the sky. The fireworks back home were nothing compared to this. "Wait... did I just say..." His eyes widen after Aaron realizes what he said. Covering his mouth with his hands in hopes he somehow caught himself from saying it, he hoped she didn't catch that. That might have been just a tiny but embarrassing. For the both of them.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 1/3/2014, 1:43 am

Ooc: okay I kinda wanna step it up with the posts too.

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 1:59 am

I can barely hear what he says over the crowd, but I manage to catch it by some miracle. I turn towards him, looking straight into his eyes.

"Aaron..." I start, but I don't know what to say."Aaron, I'm not beautiful"? "Aaron, I'm more trouble than you think"?

Suddenly, the crowd simultaneously begins a countdown, starting at 10. My eyes don't turn away from him, though, and I can't stop thinking of what to say.

"Aaron, you don't understand"? "Aaron, I don't understand"?

The countdown reaches one before I'm ready, and something, I don't know what, causes me to stop think about words and start thinking about actions. I lean in quickly, close my eyes, and kiss him.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 2:16 am

Before he could even say anything, the countdown ends, and the crowd around the two bursts into "Happy New Year!" as Esto kisses Aaron, to his surprise. Something happened, he didn't know what, but it caused him to kiss back just a little bit. Then, he pulled away. With a grin on his face, Aaron tells Esto. "Happy New Year, Esto." The crowd around them cheered, laughed, and kissed as the fireworks continued to press on into the dark night sky.

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 2:39 am

"Happy New Year," I reply, almost out of breath from the rush of emotion that just overtook me. I slowly turn back to the fireworks, and, after a while, find the courage to lean up against his chest.

The lights are so spectacular, that now there's no moment of pale moonlight in between the bursts of color. they form hearts, words, pictures from events in the past year, and I feel more at home than I ever have before.

I guess tonight really was a night of firsts. First time seeing fireworks, first New Year at camp, and first kiss.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 1/3/2014, 2:55 am

Aaron's heart basically beat out of his chest. He was incredibly nervous. Somehow, he found enough courage and bravery within him to put his arm around Esto. The fireworks were something like he'd never seen before. Well, that's what happens when you're at a camp for demigods. As the night began to come to a close, as in wrapping itself up, for the two, he was content with it. Everything, just went great.

Post by Guest 1/3/2014, 3:03 am

"You know, we should probably get back to the cabin soon." I suggest, watching the crowd at the beach begin to thin out." It might get awkward if my 7 year old brother comes here looking for me and finds us."

I gently detach myself from him and pick up the now empty popcorn bowl." I would ask you to walk me back to the cabin, but you kind of have to since we live in the same one." I add, throwing away the empty cups of hot chocolate. A few fireworks still burst in the sky, but they've slowed down to one every ten or so seconds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 3:16 am