A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Black & Grey

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Black & Grey - Page 2 Empty Re: Black & Grey

Post by moriarty 2/8/2014, 8:38 pm

I smiled a little bit. "Well, you're welcome I guess." I glanced down at my book to continue reading when Jaydn spazzed out and whacked at the air. She turned and yelled at the air as I, and several others, stared at her. She faced me again and I laid my hand on top of hers. "Are you sure you're okay?" She was blushing. I stared at her, a look of worry on my face.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/8/2014, 9:11 pm

"Um, uh, well, yeah..." in that moment, she couldn't help but feel like Carrie White. Again, she self consciously swept her hair out of her face once again. "Daughter of the goddess of ghosts, remember?"she whispered, shrugging as if that was supposed to clear up everything.

As if on cue, a ghost grabbed at her shirt collar, pulling it up far enough to make a person look twice. She smacked at the ghost and made her own bets on whether Jake was going to run or scream first.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/8/2014, 11:02 pm

I nodded. "Okay. That makes sense." Suddenly something, presumably a ghost, grabbed Jaydn's collar. She smacked the air. I say there staring, then just shrugged and went back to reading my book.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/9/2014, 10:34 am

Jadyn watched Jake with a look of confusion on her face. "Wait. You're not... scared of me?" she asked with such confusion in her voice, that even though she was whispering, a few demigods looked up at her. She fell back into her chair, twisting her free bangs in her fingers. "It doesn't shock you that I see dead people?" what she referred to the ghosts as apparently hit a soft spot, because the ghost girl smacked her.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/9/2014, 11:58 am

I looked up and shrugged again. "I mean, you're like the Ghost Princess right? If your mom's the goddess of ghosts, that makes it pretty normal for you to see ghosts." She twisted her bangs. She seemed to play with her hair a lot. I dogeared the page I was on and closed my book. I stood up and walked to Jaydn's side of the table and took some of her hair in my hands. I began braiding it gently. I gave a short laugh at her next statement. "You sound like that kid from Sixth Sense." I finished braiding her hair and sat back down on my side of the table.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/9/2014, 12:20 pm

Jadyn snorted at his 'ghost princess' statement. "It's official. That's my new nickname." when Jake finished braiding her hair, she smiled. "Thanks. Where did you learn how to braid hair?"she asked, tearing out another page of her book and began to doodle on it. This time the picture was of cartoon lighter, with evil eyes ad an open mouth with visible fangs. Jadyn had a weird imagination.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/9/2014, 3:30 pm

I laughed. "Done. But I think I'll just call you Ghostie." I leaned back and set my feet on top of the table. "Just a little something I learned from sneaking around my sister's friends all the time." When you don't like talking to people, you get pretty good at sneaking around. I glanced at her drawing. I raised an eyebrow, then asked, "Do you have an extra pencil?" I smiled at her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/9/2014, 4:21 pm

Black & Grey - Page 2 Thumb

Jadyn smiled. "Deal." she pursed her lips when he asked her for a pencil, and nodded, reaching into her pocket. "I always carry extras," she said, handing it to him. It was one of her better graphite pencils, with a tan color. On the top where the eraser would've been was the color black and the typing: 6B. She was very strict about what pencils she bought and where. "Better safe than sorry." after handing the pencil to him, she finished up the drawing, and went on to draw a more complex piece of artwork: a dragon, complete with flames shooting out of its nostrils, and horns that looked like they could impale a demigod with ease. Some of Jadyn's work looked a little too realistic.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/13/2014, 9:25 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I smiled as she handed me a pencil. It looked rather nice, like the ones my sister used. "Thanks Ghostie." I flipped to one of the blank pages in the back of the book and attempted drawing myself sitting on a golden throne. It just looked like squares with a stick person sitting on them. I've never really been good at drawing. Nevertheless I tried again. This time I tried drawing my axe that was sitting next to me. It was a bit easier, because the best was to draw is from real life. It didn't look exactly right so I took my finger and started shading it. It looked betyer after I added shadow.  I saw her drawing and fake shuddered. I held my hands out towards the drawing and said as loud as I could in a library,"Ahhh! Don't eat me!" I looked at Jaydn to see her reaction.

Last edited by The Musical Tardis on 2/13/2014, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/13/2014, 10:21 pm

Jadyn laughed when Jake said that. "Okay, fine. You're safe -- for now." she saw him start to draw himself on a throne, and had a screw it moment. Five and three-fourths minutes later, she had a life like drawing of him, doing none other than sitting upon a throne. It wasn't shaded properly, and she would've put more detail into the grand arms of the throne if she had more time, but other than that, it was good. "A gift," she said, placing the paper and pushing it gently towards him.

She was slightly -- no, really surprised that she was so comfortable around him. Usually, around people, she was nervous and self conscious. But around Jake, it was different. She didn't feel the need to hide every little thing about her self. Which she was thankful for. She needed a friend.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/14/2014, 6:15 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I was smiling a lot more than usual. I shut my book and leaned back in the chair again. I felt really relaxed and safe around Jaydn. We sat in silence as she drew. She pushed a piece of paper towards me. I opened my book back up and compared the two. Seeing them side by side made mine look like something a disable platypus could draw. I smiled again. "Thank you. Now, how about a trade?" I handed her her pencil. I looked at the drawing again. The person on the throne was a perfect recreation of my face. "You're amazing." I wanted to lean over and kiss her, but I knew it was too soon. I felt awkward sitting there as we both sat there and thought off into space. I pointed to her wrist. "What happened to you?" I no longer felt like I was invading her privacy by asking. It just felt weird not to know everything about her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/14/2014, 10:05 pm

Jadyn smiled and took the pencil back, her cheeks tinting red when he called her amazing. "Thank you," she said quietly. After that, she drew a little more, this time a picture of Sweeney Todd's blade.

But when Jake asked her what happened, her eyes shot up in front of her, and she pursed her lips, slowly moving her line of sight to her wrists. Thin red marks, far too organized to be done by accident were lining up from the place where her hand met her arm and up her forearm. The way that her shirt was set, you could only see a tiny mark of one of them. She licked her lips, debating whether or not to tell Jake. She eventually figured she could. With a deep breath and without looking at Jake, she dropped the pencil and slowly moved her shirt up so that it was in the center of her forearm. It was cold, and she hadn't been getting much sun, so the marks were far more pronounced. "I was upset," she said, breathing slowly, and still didn't look at Jake, instead looking at the table.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/14/2014, 10:37 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

She was blushing. I silently high fived myself in my head. I've complimented her, now to embarass her. When I asked about the hand, I could tell she was silently freaking out. I sat there expectantly for a few moments. She pulled up her shirt sleeve. I slowly covered my hand with my mouth, then nodded. I reached out with my other hand and touched her chin, tipping her face upward. I removed my hand from my mouth, then said, "I understand Jaydn. I understand." I took my hand away from her face, to reach for my sleeve. I pulled it up, revealing my own faded scars. I looked at her and smiled weakly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/14/2014, 10:58 pm

When she saw his own scars, Jadyn felt a rush of relief. Finally, not someone with the same old "it's okay, just let it go." Or "it's in the past." Or "why are you doing this? Are you insane?" Finally, someone who understands.

With a deep breath, Jadyn looked up at Jake and weakly smiled. "When I was little, I only had three friends: two of which were dead, and one who died far too soon. The latter was my grandfather." she pulled her dog tags up and off of her head, showing them to the boy. "After he died -- I dunno, I just got really depressed. But I kept it to myself. People die, you know? I was constantly around dead people, so I told myself to just suck it up and deal with it." she took another pause, and continued. "After that, I came to camp, only to find out that my father had died. I never really had spent much time with him -- I grew up in a small village in Germany, and he was the only doctor. And I got really upset." another pause. "Finally, a few months ago, I met this really nice guy named Adam. I guess you can say that I was... in love, as silly as it sounds. And then --" her voice cracked, and the words "and he was gone" got stuck in her throat. "And I guess the ghosts' depressing stories don't help much either." she shrugged weakly.

She looked up at Jake and smiled weakly, fighting back tears. She expected him to think she was weird for practically spilling her whole life story out to him.

"I'm sorry. That was too much." she shrugged again and leaned back in her chair, breathing heavily through her nose. "What happened to you?" she asked politely, and gently took his arm in her hand, running her fingers over the scars. She could faintly feel the bump that they caused in his skin.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/15/2014, 5:09 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I listened intently as she told me her story. I nodded. I felt the emotional roller coaster she was on. I knew how it felt. When she asked me my story, I just sighed. "Well," I began, "My story isn't half as heartwrenching as yours. Me? I was stressed and lonely. No one really understood me, so I hid away in my bedroom for most of my life." She ran her cold fingers over my scars. I smiled at Jaydn. Our conversation took a depressing turn really quickly. I was okay with spilling my guts and giving away potentially dangerous information. I trusted Jaydn with my life.

OOC: Sorry for the short post...  
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/15/2014, 5:55 pm

Jadyn couldn't help but snort. "It doesn't matter if my story is more heart wrenching or whatever," she said, smiling up at him. "what really matters is you have a story." she pulled her hand back away from his forearm, and took a deep breath.

She knew how Jake felt. She'd been there.

Other than Fay, Jake was the only other person who was like and understood Jadyn.

"I guess we only have each other to understand us, right?" she met it as a joke, but it came out way more meaningful and dark than she had originally thought.

OOC: I suppose we both have short posts XD
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/15/2014, 8:14 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I nodded. I agreed with every word she said. Then she said something that confused me. "Just each other? And no one else?" It came out sounding doubtful, rather than me wanting to confirm my feelings for her. Jaydn was an amazing artist, an introvert and someone I had fallen for much to quickly. I usually take a date or two to get to know someone, but with Jaydn... I frowned slightly. I started to think about all the things that I hated about myself, all the mistakes I've made. Some things I would never be able to forgive myself for. What would Jaydn think of me if I revealed all of my secrets? I shook it off. Now is not the time for self pity. Now was a time to cherish the one I love. Or at least, like quite a bit.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/15/2014, 8:54 pm

Jadyn smiled and nodded. "If my brother doesn't count, than yes. Just the two of us." she wasn't really sure about how she felt about Jake. She was still suffering from her heartbreak about Adam. She didn't know what to do.

At first, Jadyn was scared of Jake straight out not wanting to talk to her. Then She was scared that he wouldn't want to carry out a conversation. And now she was scared of Jake liking her too much - but the thing was, she kind if hoped he did.

Jadyn was conflicted.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/15/2014, 10:39 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent"

I smiled when she said it was just us. It made me feel secure. Jaydn was a person I knew I could trust. It was my first time talking to someone who I wasn't related to or went to my school. I was struck with an idea. What if I asked Jaydn out? My frirst thought was that she would reject me. My second thought was that she would accept, and would be at a loss of words. My third and most positive thought was that we would end up together. I've never been in a real relationship, so this would be an interesting experience. I hyped myself up in my head. I took a deep breath. "Would you like to uh..." I stuttered, "Uhm, like gooutwithmesometime?" I said the last part as quickly as possible as to not have to hear myself say it. I picked up my book and shoved my face in it. I didn't want to look at Jaydn.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/15/2014, 10:59 pm

Jadyn blinked once, then twice, trying to decode what Jake had just spit out at her. And then she did.

Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no...

Jadyn really did like Jake. Maybe too much. But she didn't want her internal demons getting in the way. And whether they would or not, she didn't know. And even then, she didn't want to hurt his feelings. Who knows? Maybe it would work out. But there was also a big possibility that it wouldn't.

But who was she to question fate?

"I'd love to," she said with her most dazzling smile. F*** this up, and you're dead, she warned herself.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/17/2014, 10:24 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I smiled in return. Jeez, Jaydn was really pretty. I gently laid one hand on Jaydn's injured one, then the other on her noninjured one. "So then? Where to?" I smiled again, then pulled my hands away. I stood up and put my (now defaced) book back where it belonged. I walked back over to where Jaydn was sitting and stood in front of her. I bowed, like all of the princes I've read about, because Jaydn was my princess. I held out my hand for her.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. I've been feeling uninspired as of late...
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/17/2014, 11:00 pm

OOC: it's fine. Have I told you how much I love Connor Franta?

BIC:
    Jadyn smiled and took Jake's hand with her uninjured hand and stood up, the ghost girl throwing the ripped pieces of book into a garbage bucket close to the table. "I dunno," she shrugged, sweeping her bangs out of her face with the cut wrist of her injured hand. She winced, indicating that even though it wasn't a lot if pressure, it still hurt. "wherever you want to go, I guess. I don't really care." she smiled at him. She had never really been on a date, so she didn't know what to even do or where to go.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/18/2014, 6:35 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I looped my arm through hers. "How about a romantic dinner of chicken nuggets in the Mess Hall?" I smiled a smile I had never smiled before. It was a smile full of affection, and it wasn't dripping with false sympathy, like usual. As we walked out of the library, I gave Jaydn a small kiss on the head. I was just tall enough to put my chin on top of her head. I smiled softly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/18/2014, 7:23 pm

Jadyn smiled back. "Sounds divine," she said, shoving her hand into her pocket, but not before once again flipping her hair back. She really needed to clip it up."Meet you there in, say, a twenty five minutes?"  she had to go back to her cabin and do a few things before going to the mess hall with Jake. She blushed when he kissed her, even if it were just a peck. She hoped he didn't move so fast as to already be intimate with her. She didn't want to, somehow, break his heart.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/18/2014, 9:38 pm

© made by fishy
    "Sneaky and Silent. "

I noticed Jaydn's braid was falling out. I disregarded it, and even thought it made her look prettier. "25 minutes sounds good to me." After I gave her my quick peck on the head, she blushed. She was sensitive. We walked out of the library and went our separate ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 1:28 am