A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Black & Grey

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Black & Grey Empty Black & Grey

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/5/2014, 6:28 pm

Jadyn was lonely.

It had been a few weeks sense she had last seen her best friend and brother Fay, and she wanted more than anything to see him again, or honestly, anyone again.
    A week before she had last seen him she had got the terrible news that her boyfriend had been killed, and turned depressed, filled with longing and sadness that nothing could make go away.
    And now -- she needed an escape.
    At first she tried self-harming, but luckily, Fay found her just in time before she could do any real damage, but not before she shattered her hand.
    So now she was looking at it from a new angle. Reading. She found that she could get lost in words just like she gets lost in her art. She never thought she'd ever be into it. She was dyslexic, after all. But somehow she made it work.

So now, she was sitting on the floor against the wall in the library in the back of one of the aisles reading Vampire Academy, trying (and succeeding) to get lost in Rose Hathaway's world.

She was wearing a maroon colored sweater, icy blue jeans, and her favorite red converse shoes. Her snowy white hair was in a high ponytail, which, as usual, made her dark eyes pop out, which were behind a big pair of black rimmed glasses. Her broken hand was wrapped in a material of some sort. Although Fay had told her to get it checked, she had refused, wanting to heal like a typical mortal.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Black & Grey Empty Re: Black & Grey

Post by moriarty 2/5/2014, 7:09 pm

I walked into the library, axe in hand. It was mostly empty. I walk right over to the horror section and pulled out one of my favorite Stephen King books. It was the only one I didn't own. I sat down at a table and began reading from the beginning. I got about 20 pages in when I realized I wasn't really reading, I was staring a girl across the room. Her hand was wrapped up and white-blonde hair was in a ponytail. I felt the need to walk over there, pull out her ponytail and take the glasses off. She was a pretty girl. I sat there for what felt like hours, trying to build up the courage to talk to her. I stood up, walked to a table near her. A little voice in the back of my head said,  "You're never gonna get with her. Why should you try?" I sat down at the table next to her and tried to keep reading. I kept stealing glances at her and her hand.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/5/2014, 7:23 pm

Jadyn's eyes hungrily flew through the book, eating up every word with a fiery passion. She had just gotten to a gory part that involved a dead fox when she decided to put the book down and rest her eyes. She took the glasses off for a split second only to rub her eyes, which were lined with black eyeliner. Underneath them was dark, indicating that she hasn't been getting enough sleep for a semi-busy demigod girl.

She put he glasses back on and looked around the aisle she was in, slightly surprised that her usual visitors weren't completing surrounding and suffocating her.
    Ghosts were the things that Jadyn almost constantly saw and communicated with. Although they made life hard, they were practically her only friends. Well, them, and Fay.

It wasn't long until her attention was drawn to a boy that was seated at a table not far from her. He kept looking over at her, and she wondered if something was wrong. "Can I help you?" she asked, her German accent just vaguely lining her question. Even to her own ears, her voice sounded tired and weak. Two things she did not want to be.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/5/2014, 8:28 pm

Her eyes were lined with black eyeliner. She looked exhausted. I was a bit surprised at her question. No one usually wanted to talk to me. "Oh, I, I, uh, no. Sorry to bother you." I looked back down at my book and tried to continue reading to no avail. I sighed, knowing I would have to talk to her somehow. The little voice was back. "Stop trying. She's way out of your league." I started to run my fingers through my hair like I do when I'm stressed. I bit the inside of my lip and all of the nervous habits that I had avoided for so long just came flooding back. I grit my teeth together, bit my nails, everything. I mentally face-palmed. Just talk to her Jake. I opened my mouth to speak, then quickly closed it again. I couldn't risk being humiliated in front of a girl.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/5/2014, 8:44 pm

And miraculously, for the first time in days, Jadyn smiled. Seeing the boy fumble for words was cute to watch. "It's okay. I... kind of hoped someone would bother me, honestly." she looked down at the book in her lap. She dog eared the page she was on, and set the book down, taking off her glasses to clean the lenses. She only needed them for reading, but she wore them all day anyways, because it made it a bit more difficult for other people to see her tired eyes with them. Only a bit more difficult.

She sighed and looked up at the boy again, giving him a half smile.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/5/2014, 9:11 pm

I shrugged, then smiled. "Oh, ok. So, what's your name? I like to start with a good introduction." I blinked expectantly a couple times, then came to a realization. "I'm, I'm sorry, I'm Jake." I looked at her again, and lifted my hand slightly, subconsciously wanting to take off her glasses. I noticed what I was doing. I shook my head and put my hand back down. I stuck a random piece of paper in my book, and turned to face her again. I gave her my awkward half smile like she gave me.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/5/2014, 9:23 pm

"I'm Jadyn," she said, and stood up, walking down the length of the narrow aisle. She pulled out a chair across from the boy -Jake, he had said his name was - and sat down, crossing one leg over the other. She had brought the book she had previously been reading along with her and set it on the table, face down. She loved the story but hated the cover, which included a teenaged girl seductively looking over her shoulder with a half smile. It made her jealous.

She adjusted her glasses, which were falling down her nose and pushed them back up. She started to do it with her shattered hand, but winced from the small action, completely forgetting that her hand was shattered in the first place.   "How are you, Jake?" she asked, her German accent seeping through her words now. She asked it, thinking it was a good conversation starter. But she didn't remember; she hadn't talked to anyone in a while.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/5/2014, 9:48 pm

She moved closer to me. I smiled at her, then noticed her wince at her injury. "Well, Jadyn, I'm doing fine, how are you?" I noticed a lot of things about her. At first her more obvious features, like her hair, her eyes and of course her hand. Then I started to notices the little things. The way she walked, her German accent. I noticed the edge of a small pink curve on her wrist. I wanted to ask her what happened to her, but somehow, I felt that was a little too personal.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/5/2014, 10:08 pm

When Jake's eyes flicked to Jadyn's wrists, she self consciously covered them up with her maroon sleeves, pulling them down with her non-bandaged hand. She wet her lips as she thought about the question. How was she doing? Terribly, she wanted to -- and almost did -- say. I've never been worse. But she didn't say that. Instead she just shrugged and half whispered, "Uh, I've been better."

Between her grandfather's, and then her dad's and then Adam's death, she felt terrible. You would've thought that a daughter of the goddess of ghosts would be used to death by now, but it wasn't true.  

Overcome with terrible sadness that rained down on her once again, Jadyn perked up, set on distracting her thoughts from it. "So, what are sie reading?" she asked, not noticing she had thrown a German word into her sentence.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/6/2014, 7:07 pm

I gave her a look filled with pity. "Is there anything I can do?" Usually I'm a fairly secluded person, but around some people I can get social. I reached over and gently touched her uninjured hand. "It'll be okay. The world isn't fair sometimes but you just have to pull through." I didn't know where those deep words came from. Fairness has always been a strong subject for me. I heard her ask me what I was reading. I held up the cover. "Carrie. The best one that I don't own." I smiled, not really wanting to say anymore.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/6/2014, 7:29 pm

When Jake touched Jadyn's hand, she was instinctively about to recoil back, but stopped herself. She usually didn't like people touching her, but this kid seemed okay. She felt like she could trust him.
    "Thank you," she said with a smile.

"Oh, that's one of my favorites!" Jadyn exclaimed with a thrilled look. She loved all of Stephen King's work, which was a little ironic. She was stereotyped to be creepy, and there people saw her, huddled in the corner, her eyes scanning the page of a horror novel, or sketching out her next horrifying masterpiece.

"A bullied girl finds out she has supernatural powers and used them to get back at the bullies in her own way. Ich liebe es!" gently, she reached up and pulled off her glasses, moving her head too much to keep them on without them falling off. She tucked her white bangs over her left ear.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/6/2014, 9:23 pm

I gave a sympathetic smile. "You're welcome." Being cooped up for a while, it felt actually kind of good talking to someone and making people feel better. I smiled bigger and for real. I've never met anyone who had interests in horror like I do. I laughed a little bit at her next comment. "Sounds like all of us, doesn't it. We're bullied, we find out we're 'special,'" I said, making air quotes, "And we kick their sorry a**es." I laughed again, and was suddenly puzzled at her German. She tucked her hair behind her ear. "So, the standard demigod thing I guess is to introduce yourself using your parent. You go first." I've never been this talkative before. I normally keep to myself and hide when people meet my gaze.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/6/2014, 9:44 pm

"You're damn right." Jadyn smiled brightly after Jake's little 'special' speech. She was going to tell him that what made her 'special' made her an outcast, too. She was going to tell him that what made her 'special' was one of the things she hated most. Until one of the reasons showed up.

The spirit looked like a young woman, a little older than Jadyn herself - maybe seventeen or eighteen. She was in a gorgeous black dress that Jadyn would've killed for, and the woman's blonde hair was neatly done upon her head. At first, Jadyn thought she was just another camper. Until the girl neared. Her dress was getting more and more torn the closer she got to Jadyn, which was a usual event for Jadyn. The girl's skin started growing bruises and scratches, and a huge gash opened up on her stomach. She had been murdered. Jadyn's stomach filled with butterflies.

And just then, she fully acknowledged Jake's question. "My godly parent?" she asked, keeping an eye on the spirit who she knew no one in the library could see besides her. The girl seemed to stare right back at her, even winking briefly, which made Jadyn roll her eyes. "My god parent is Melinoe." she said it way more casually than she had originally thought she was going to, and it made her more confident. That didn't mean that she didn't expect Jake to get frightened and leave, as most of her 'friends' did. "And yours?" Jadyn asked, directing her attention back to Jake. She didn't want the ghost to think that the young women had any power over the white haired girl, although it wasn't easy.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/6/2014, 11:01 pm

I smiled again as Jaydn turned ever so slightly. It seemed she was looking at something that I couldn't see. I heard her response, then nodded. "She's the one with the ghosts right? My daddy's Forseti. Norse god of justice." Jaydn seemed to be a bit unnerved by what she was seeing. She even rolled her eyes at something behind me. I reached out and touched her hand again. "Are you sure you're okay? You look paler than usual." I was genuinely concerned about her well being. I made sure not to hurt her only working hand, but squeezed it slightly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/7/2014, 6:54 pm

Jadyn kept her eyes on the ghost for three heartbeats more, refusing to break eye contact. And then, Jake's "you look paler than usual" comment pursued, and Jadyn broke eye contact with the blonde ghost that barely touched the ground to laugh at loud. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she said, and was about to say what she just saw, until she wondered if Jake would freak out if she told him that, yes, there is a ghost in our presence, and yes, it is coming closer. But she decided against it.

"Yeah, she's the one with the ghosts," she nodded, not surprised that he knew who her mother was. Melinoe was Melinoe, one of the creepiest gods. Jake's father, on the other hand... Jadyn wouldn't know who he was. "Justice? That's interesting. Was your mom, like, a lawyer or something?"
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/7/2014, 7:14 pm

I blinked a couple of times. "Okay. If you say so." I nodded. I gave a soft smile. "Nah. Just pretty." I chuckled a little. I set off my personal "spidey sense" that lets me know where arguments are. I "heard" a faint argument in my head. I pointed out the door. "There's an argument around the corner there." I blinked a couple of times and stuck my head in my hands to cool down for a bit.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/7/2014, 7:31 pm

Jadyn raised an eyebrow as Jake said what he did and put his head in his hands. "Wait -- you can sense arguments?" she asked with a mixture of curiosity and  jealousy. "That's -- way more useful than my power." she looked up at Jake again. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, her voice now laced with concern.

OOC: short post awwww
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/7/2014, 8:27 pm

I slowly lifted my head and nodded. "Yeah. It can be irritating being around people with arguments. I always feel the need to solve everyone's problems." I put my head back into my hands and took a deep breath. "Yeah I'm fine. I get a little lightheaded when I send out my 'spidey sense.'" I sighed and lifted my head up.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/8/2014, 1:27 pm

Jadyn pursed her lips, examining Jake's state. "Can't you just -- make it stop?" she asked, wondering if Jake had more control over his power than she did. She would certainly be jealous if he did.

She watched him a little more. "Do you need anything? Something to drink? Advil or something?" she didn't know what to do; she got dizzy sometimes from her own power, but it usually got shaken off after a while.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/8/2014, 1:36 pm

I shook my head. "The lightheadedness? No, but it usually goes away after a couple of minutes." I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay." We sat for a moment in silence, which I was perfectly okay with. I picked up my book again and opened it up to where I stopped. I leaned back in my chair and continued reading.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/8/2014, 1:43 pm

Jadyn watched him as he leaned back. She debated whether or not to do what she was about to do, and figured she wouldn't get into too much trouble for it. She ripped out a page from her borrowed book, took out a pencil and began to vibrantly sketch the library. "You don't like talking too much, do you?" she asked without looking up, and laughed. "It's okay, neither do I."
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/8/2014, 2:10 pm

I continued reading. I heard a rip. I looked over and noticed her sketching something. I leaned over and looked. It was a very detailed drawing of the library. "I'm not really usually this social." I looked down at my book and kept reading.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/8/2014, 3:15 pm

Jadyn laughed, looking up at him for a split second. "Yeah, neither am I." she sketched a little bit more, not minding the ink that covered the page. She just pretended that it wasn't there.

She finished the drawing and ripped out another page, drawing none other than Jake himself. There was nothing else that she wanted to draw that was interesting or that she hasn't drawn before. The drawing itself was very detailed and looked a lot like a photograph.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/8/2014, 4:41 pm

I heard another rip and looked up from my book again. Jaydn was drawing something else. I paid no attention. I finished the chapter and looked up at her. "Is... is that me?" I grabbed the drawing as soon as she lifted up her pencil. I examined it closely. It was like a photo. It even captured my bushy eyebrows perfectly. "This... this is amazing." I held it in my hand for a moment longer, then gave it back to Jaydn.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 2/8/2014, 6:20 pm

Jadyn blushed and self consciously pushed the free white hair behind her ears. "Oh, um... thanks," she said, smiling.

No one had ever complimented her art before. Other than Fay and... she suddenly felt sick again, and her face dropped. She smacked away the ghost woman's hand when the woman reached out and gently grabbed her hair, and Jadyn drew some attention from the other sides of the library. "Go away!" she ordered to the ghost, turning her fave to the ghost before turning back to the table when the ghost obeyed.

Jadyn grew red again, embarrassed for her behavior.  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 1:45 pm