A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Next off, Library

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Next off, Library - Page 2 Empty Re: Next off, Library

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 12:37 pm

The door made a light cracking noise as Nico opened it. The air was stifling in here, he wondered why nobody had opened a window. Slowly, he stepped past the threshold and caught the glare of the librarian, got the message and closed the door.
    It was the second time he had ever set foot in the library. The last time, he had been ten, joyful and extroverted, led in by a satyr who had shown him the whole Camp. Now, at almost fourteen, he was withdrawn, introverted and reclusive.
    His black hair was messy and he had bags under his brown eyes. He was as usual dressed in dark clothes: a black shirt printed with a ribcage, his aviator jacket, black jeans and a chain instead of a belt. His skull-shaped ring glistened on his middle finger.

He crept between the shelves, searching for specific books. He came past two girls who were talking in hushed voices behind a bookshelf and saw, glued on the shelf, the note 'Famous wars'. He would surely find what he wanted here. Scanning the cover of the books, he looked past the Punic wars, the league of Delos, the Persian wars and Ionian revolt before finding the book entitled 'Titanomachia'. The Gigantomachia shouldn't be far. He kept browsing, then saw the tip of a book with that title, written in Ancient Greek. Unfortunately, one of the girls, a brown-haired one, was standing right in front of it.

"Excuse me?" he asked.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 3/16/2014, 12:58 pm

the girls had just comeback from having lunch and were picking out books to read. Aya had started a conversation and the girls had started giggly and talking in hushed voices. Sometimes the librarian would have to scold the girls to keep their voices low but that was only if one of the girls had said something funny. Ronnie would have to brush some hair away when it fell into her face, making a mental note to brush it when she went back to the cabin. But she didn't care, she hasn't had any fun like this since she came here.

Then she noticed a dark haired boy walk into the library. The librarian gave him a look to close the door and he made his way over to where Ronnie and Aya were standing. He had dark clothing on that matched his hair. The same feeling that Ronnie felt when she felt she was being watched came over her again when the boy approached. She saw where he was looking at, the book that Aya was standing in front of. She tapped Aya's shoulder."A-aya, the boy needs t-to get to the book your standing in front of." She stuttered.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female
    Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2013-12-27

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/16/2014, 6:21 pm

I was searching a book to read as if I'm thirsty for water. I can't help but reading books. "A-Aya, the boy needs t-to get to the book your standing in front of" Veronica stuttered. "Hm?" I said. I turn around and jolt "Gah!" I exclaimed, causing me that I almost hit the shelf. Why do I have to be so clumsy?! maybe it's because of the boy standing in front of me I guess

The boy, who was standing in front of me, appeared to have a messy dark hair like he just got off to bed. He was wearing dark clothes and I noticed hr was wearing a ring on his middle finger
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/19/2014, 1:36 pm

"Be careful," Nico frowned as the girl, obviously named Aya, almost hit the shelf.

He crouched down and retrieved the book. The brown-haired girl was making room for him and he started browsing through the pages, slowly going back until he was against the opposite shelf. He didn't want to go and sit down, he preferred to stay standing and in reach of other books about the Gigantomachy. He was sure Hesiod's Theogony was there somewhere, but right now, he settled down with Homer.

It was here somewhere. There had to be something about the Giants that could help them more. Of course, Annabeth had surely read all the books here plus done research with Daedalus's computer, but perhaps there was something he could find too. To prove he was not completely useless. Of course, he knew nobody would say he was useless, but he had a kind of... grudge? Not perhaps a grudge but mixed feelings towards Annabeth. Jealousy, anger, friendship, envy... He felt the need to prove himself worthy of more than striking down monsters.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/20/2014, 10:54 am

As the dark-haired boy crouched down to retrieve the book, I made a space for the boy and he browsed through the pages, I turn around awkwardly as he slowly go to the opposite bookshelf

Well it's official, I made a complete fool of myself. I almost hit the bookshelf and made a distraction of noise. That was stupid! I mean, I been clumsy sometimes but causing a distraction AND hitting a shelf, it's unacceptable. Embarrassment, awkwardness, and foolishness is around me right now

I continue to search books, quietly this time. i grab two books.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/20/2014, 4:52 pm

Veronica gave a confused look to Aya. The boy had started reading but wasn't sitting down. Most kids Veronica knew stood up knew say down when they read. Then again, Veronica didn't know many people. She continued to skim through the book titles like Aya and found three books.

"Are you ok?" She asked Aya, giving her a concerned expression. The daughter of Iris had seen her friend become startled when she saw the boy and Veronica wanted to make sure she was ok.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/20/2014, 7:29 pm

As Veronica asked if I'm okay, words can't describe it. Instead of saying anything, I nodded.

I don't really want to make people to concern me after an incident, really. People just do that because of my father. But this time, I feel okay Veronica asking a concerned question. Clearly she's already my first friend.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I spoke after nodding
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/21/2014, 6:43 am

Nico was browsing through his book, skimming past the long tales to find concrete descriptions of each giant. There was a mad gleam in his brown eyes, but there again, it had always been there ever since a couple of years. He was reading about Gratios, when he heard one of the girls address the other one: "Are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine," the other one replied. Nico looked up, the girl who had spoken was the brown-haired one.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked her, startled. "If so, I'm sorry."

OOC: Shoooort.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/21/2014, 6:18 pm

"Huh? oh, no it's okay" I said. Wait... shouldn't I apologize and not him? but he must've heard us anyway
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/21/2014, 6:27 pm

Veronicas eyes went wide. She didn't think that the dark haired boy would hear them. She turned her head away from him and a faint blush was found on her face. When she calmed down, she turned back to the others. She decided to let Aya do the talking, not finding any reason the speak for a reason.

"S-sorry." She answered faintly, looking at the ground.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/22/2014, 8:24 pm

As I grab four other books, nervousness suddenly struck me. I don't know how and why, but nervousness JUST struck on me like a lightning. "Hey, I'm going to the other bookshelf" I said a bit too quick. Before Veronica say something, I grab her arm and drag her to the next bookshelf. I simply find books like it never happened
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2014, 12:21 pm

Nico followed them with his eyes. What had he done? He looked down at him to see if anything was wrong or out-of-place... But no, everything was fine. Perhaps he smelled? No, he had showered a few hours ago.
    Perhaps it was just him being a son of Hades. Most people avoided him because of that. He had told Jason, he had explained it to him, but the son of Jupiter somehow thought it would be alright. Nico had never asked for such coldness from others, quite the contrary. He remembered a ten-years-old boy who played Mythomagic in a hotel, a boy that had a sister and found everything cool and great.
    Yeah... How things had changed. He took the book, went to the librarian to borrow it, then exited the library with the book under his arm.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/23/2014, 12:35 pm

Veronica felt uneasy around the boy. She continued to skim through the book titles, finding three that she found interesting. The red head tried to grab them but only managed to get a hold of the first one as her arm was jerked back. The other two fell to the ground with a thud, earning Veronica a disapproving look from the librarian. She mouthed a quick sorry to the old lady and turned her head to see who had a hold of her arm.

It was Aya. She had a nervous expression planted on her face. Ronnie wanted to ask her what was wrong until she realized that her nervousness was probably from the event with the dark haired boy a couple minutes ago. As she was dragged away, the red head turned her head and looked back at the boy. He was watching them. She averted her eyes and stared at the ground.

When Aya let her grasp on her arm drop, Ronnie turned back at the boy. He just checked out his book and left, some confusion edged into Ronnie's mind. As soon as he exited the library, the red head looked back at Aya. "Are you sure your alright?" she asked her friend, concern laced through her voice.
    HorrorRPGamer
    HorrorRPGamer

Female

Post by HorrorRPGamer 3/23/2014, 11:21 pm

"Are you alright?" Veronica asked with concern. I think about it for a few seconds. Honestly, I don't the answer. "Yeah, just nervousness struck to me" I answered.

That boy reminded me of someone in school but I don't know who or what. This is exactly what happened in my school. I was searching books with Rachel, and a guy was searching a book too, then I hit the shelf at that time. Luckily this time I almost did it. But still, this is exactly what happened but oh well, coincidence.

I grab one more book and count all the books I picked. So far I picked three books, but that's alright
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/26/2014, 7:30 am

Veronica didn't believe her but she knew better than to question someone. She continued to look through the books, sneaking a few looks at Aya every couple seconds. Theres something that she's not telling me, but I'll let her tell me. Ronnie picked up few books and went to go check them out.

While at the desk, Ronnie took a peek out the window. The sun was setting, it was probably evening. She had practically been at the library the whole day. As soon as she had checked the books out, Ronnie walked back to Aya.

"I have to start heading back to my cabin. Maybe I'll see you again sometime." She gave the brunette a quick hug before walking out the door, closing it quietly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 6:44 am