A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Nova Peterson

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Nova Peterson Empty Nova Peterson

Post by calvin 3/15/2014, 12:56 pm

Name: Nova Peterson

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Blonde

Height: 5'4"

Body Type: Husky

Skin Color: Dark tan

Godly Parent: Hephaestus

Mortal Parents: Unknown

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Pets: 2 pet hamsters named "Tick" and "Tock".

Talents: Playing music, and melding.

Skills: Novice Archery

Weapon: Celestial Bronze dagger named "Clara".

Personality: Nova is an overall fun-lover and is known to be the life of the party. He enjoys music and melding. Some of his most obvious traits are his bright personality and his very big heart. He has lots of friends, so his self-esteem is much higher than it should be. He doesn't know who his parents are, so he has trouble talking about it.

Flaws: Deathly afraid of mice, although he loves his two hamsters. Afraid of water. Is always afraid to fight. Usually stumbles over words and has a strong accent, which gives him trouble while having conversations. He is sometimes annoying and won't stop talking if the conversation is serious.

Powers: Can control fire. He can use this power 4-8 times daily, depending on how he feels at that moment. His power usually lasts up to 1 minute at a time. The temperature of his fire can reach just below 600° Fahrenheit. The most powerful thing he could possibly do with his power is create a 2 meter x 2 meter firewall. His firewalls last longer, around 5 minutes. He hasn't realized this as of yet. Usually has to wait 15-20 minutes to use his fire power again.

Life Before CHB: Nova had a normal life for a Half-Blood. He spent his days studying and building whatever he felt like as a child. He was a great student at school. His mother and stepfather abandoned him when he was 6 leaving him on his own until he one day came upon a homeless shelter. The day after his 8th birthday, a strange man with the legs of a goat took him away from the shelter. The man only knew he was a Half-Blood because of his aura... and the heat of his hands under the table. The satyr was from Camp Half-Blood on his first assignment. He was ecstatic and immediately took him to camp. He was at the homeless shelter for around 3 months and made a few friends. He suspected that a boy named Clarence was also a half-blood also, because he was always acting strange around him. Before the homeless shelter, he'd experienced a lot of fires working in a blacksmith's shop as an apprentice, but was fired when the blacksmith saw fire coming from his hand.

RP Example: "Who are you?" I asked the strange man. "That is not important now. We must get you away from here". He told me. I didn't want to leave, but I knew it was for the best. Everyone was still asleep, so we got out with the greatest of ease. I just hope the clopping didn't wake anyone.

Any notes about your characters: Resistant to fire.

Last edited by Jeremy Summers on 3/17/2014, 6:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Nova Peterson Empty Re: Nova Peterson

Post by Kendall 3/15/2014, 2:00 pm

We don't allow owls as pets.

Add two more flaws.

Add more to the personality.

How many times a day can he use his fire power, and for how long each time? What's the most powerful thing he could do with it, and how hot could it be at most?

I suppose the man with the horse legs was a centaur -- was it just a random centaur? How could he tell that Nova was a demigod? Did he immediately bring the boy to camp?
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 3/17/2014, 11:57 am

Edited :)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/17/2014, 1:21 pm

Somehow this >Nova is an overall fun-lover and is known to be the life of the party< clashes with >dark personality<. Somebody with a dark personality is not really fun-loving.

Jeremy Summers wrote:The temperature of his fire can reach higher than the temperature of the Sun. The most powerful thing he could possibly do with his power is create a Supernova.

This is definitely too much, seeing the maximum temperature we allow for fire is 600° F.
    Also, 10-15 times a day is too much. Please tone it down to nine or eight or so. In addition, please add how much time he has to wait in between uses for his powers.

For the life before Camp>> The only centaur at Camp is Chiron. Did you mean a satyr?

The rest looks good.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 3/17/2014, 4:39 pm

Sorry, I did mean satyr. Couldn't think of the name. Edited it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/17/2014, 5:05 pm

Would you mind adding a personality flaw to the flaws part? Otherwise it seems your character has a perfect personality.

No to the firestorm the size of Long Island. The maximum I'd allow would be a fire wall of 2 meters x 2 meters.

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 3/17/2014, 5:13 pm

Edited.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/17/2014, 5:33 pm

Oh, I meant, personality flaw, as in, obnoxious, insulting, lazy, arrogant, vain,....^^

Also, why does he never get sunburned? Hephaestus is not the god of the sun, if it were Apollo, I'd allow it, but seeing he's a son of Hephaestus....
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 3/17/2014, 6:11 pm

Ok, added the personality flaw and took out the sunburn immunity.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 3/17/2014, 6:14 pm

For up to how long could he use his power each time? How long would his fire wall last?

Add a bit more to his LBCHB, concerning his time in the homeless shelter and all.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 3/17/2014, 6:45 pm

Edited.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female